Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Italian Restaurant

I don't remember so many Italian restaurant open and closed in Pattaya, and so many I had the chance to try.

I  taste their cuisine, and not always  the dishes was Italian edible food.

At the moment the best Italian restaurants that I can suggest are:

1) Acqua Pazza
2) La Bocca
3) Casa Fellini

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ticino

I believe the best Italian restaurant is Max on Soi Post Office, and you can get a blow job next door at the Pump Station to top off your meal.

Retired

There is a great little place without a name just off Soi Buakhao.

The service can be crap, hence is stopped to go, but food was excellent.

It is the soi directly opposite the new hospital, Mai Thai Bike shop is on the corner, go all the way down the soi and the restaurant is on the right hand side.

No name, owner Italian and he cooks sometimes, usually full, but as i said service really bad. Do not sit at outside tables, because apparently if you sit there, staff do not know if you want to order and the owner does not even feel the need to apologize after you waited for 45 mins to place an order and staff get it wrong.

It's called La Taverne Il Passatore or something similar. You can see the sign on Soi Buakao right where you said.

It's called La Taverne Il Passatore or something similar. You can see the sign on Soi Buakao right where you said.

lol,may be he finally gave it a name, but it may also not be the same one. The owner is Italian ex boxer.

Hey....who gives a ...flying daffy duck....If the food is good....fantastic

It's just BS places ...like that w@nker in Jomtien....that really give me the.....Billy Brits....

Hey....who gives a ...flying daffy duck....If the food is good....fantastic

It's just BS places ...like that w@nker in Jomtien....that really give me the.....Billy Brits....

Well i do, because if they food is great i want to eat it, not sit around for 45 mins waiting to order then another 30 mins to receive it and end up with the wrong order  :GoldenSmile1:

After living here for 5 years.....and running a Business  in Pattaya for the past 4 months, I have had to learn to ....Calm down....Jai yen yen

Yes, it pisses me off as well...BUT... Staff is the key to running a successful Business......and .finding ANY staff, in Pattaya....let alone Good staff....is like searching for the proverbial....Needle in the haystack

These days....If I can find a place that serves the sort of food I enjoy eating......I simply put up with lack of service.....as an accepted trade off

T I T

After living here for 5 years.....and running a Business  in Pattaya for the past 4 months, I have had to learn to ....Calm down....Jai yen yen

Yes, it pisses me off as well...BUT... Staff is the key to running a successful Business......and .finding ANY staff, in Pattaya....let alone Good staff....is like searching for the proverbial....Needle in the haystack

These days....If I can find a place that serves the sort of food I enjoy eating......I simply put up with lack of service.....as an accepted trade off

T I T

:LOL2:

Actually staff is a key to failure if you rely on them.

I have been in business in Thailand for 5 years and have learned if i relied on staff i would be out of business, hence i now work 18 hour days :GoldenSmile1:

Back to Italian Restaurants. Sunday at Max, for just 510 baht I had a large bowl of minestrone, some spinach ravioli, and a small carafe of red wine. It was delicious.

Retired

Thanks for the tip. I haven't had a good Minestrone in ages.

Will give it a try this week

It's run by an Italian guy who's Thai wife studied cooking while in Italy. The soup wasn't homemade, but their pasta is really good, I eat there regularly.

Retired

If anyone ever in BKK, there is a small place in Asoke, just down the lane behind the building where California WOW use to be.

Run by Italian guy, who cooks and serves, simply incredible and reasonably priced.

.... The soup wasn't homemade, 

Hmmmm think I've tried every brand of canned Minestrone on the market here

Yet to find one I like

Does this place do a pork & veal cannelloni??.... I'm not over fussed on the spinach & riccotta

Don't know but the ravioli is excellent and just 240 baht.

Retired

Try Pan Pan on Thappraya Road in Jomtien, not far from the car dealership. Not eaten there recently, but used to eat there most days a couple of years ago...great pasta's, pizza's and salads. The New Zealand green lipped Mussels were the best in town. I think I might go there myself shortly thinking about it!

qa9etusu.jpg

5yjy3ebu.jpg

...To the OP

..and anyone else that wants a superb pasta dish...

Check out expatdude's post about the no name Italian place on Soi Bongkot...

Our lunch today was fantastic

Pasta....fresh...home made....& Delicious....180 bt....unbelievable....but true

Best I have had in Thailand

Not the Hilton....but better food

This guy deserves support....IMHO

I'll be back...within a week....and with my SO....she loves a good Carbonara

This is a Gem

If you like pasta......do yourself a favour...U wont find better value...anywhere

P.S.    I have no association with the place ...just a first time customer...today

But....I will now become a very regular customer

Cheers DS

• 2 weeks later...

...To the OP

..and anyone else that wants a superb pasta dish...

Check out expatdude's post about the no name Italian place on Soi Bongkot...

Our lunch today was fantastic

Pasta....fresh...home made....& Delicious....180 bt....unbelievable....but true

Best I have had in Thailand

Not the Hilton....but better food

This guy deserves support....IMHO

I'll be back...within a week....and with my SO....she loves a good Carbonara

This is a Gem

If you like pasta......do yourself a favour...U wont find better value...anywhere

P.S.    I have no association with the place ...just a first time customer...today

But....I will now become a very regular customer

Cheers DS

and a big plus one from me

One of those hidden gems you find every now and then

and luckily for me a couple of doors down the road

Cheers

• 2 years later...

I believe the best Italian restaurant is Max on Soi Post Office, and you can get a blow job next door at the Pump Station to top off your meal.

Da Max on Soi Post Office WAS a decent Italian restaurant, but that was long before they started the beer bar in front.

The best Italian restaurant is in Jomtien across the beer market ...it's called La Merenda.... It's a small place with only eight tables but the Italian chef knows his stuff .... I want to cry it's so good and prices are reasonable ...

...I know my food and I know my Italian food ... Highly recommended ....

Where is the beer market in Jomtien ? A  Soi number for reference would be apprecaited .

in my last trip I ate a very delicious and reasonably priced sphagetti at MAX in soi13

but  I always prefer eating sphagetti from ladyboy stand at LK Metro.

Archived