IGNORED

Best Italian Restaurant

5 hours ago, starfucks said:

IMO they’ve never been a real German place and they probably weren’t even aware if their name was “Hopf” or “Hops”.

(BTW the German word for “hops” is “Hopfen”.)

I’ve been there only once and the food was disgusting.

And, to add insult to injury, they charged an extra 7% VAT and 10% service.

A place to avoid unless you’re a Russian or a Thai hi-so.

Most appear to have had a totally different experience to yourself. 

I've never had a bad meal there.  Not stating that it is the best I've ever eaten. But they keep to a generally good standard. They also have a cold meats and cheese delicatessen at the back and a salad bar. Something for everyone.

What was your experience?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 02:47, nampla69 said:

Great post bar stool, I'm beginning to enjoy this forum. :Good_Post:

My own favourite German expression is:

Wer nicht lieb Wein Weib und Gesang der bleibt ein Narr sein Leben lang.

It's to do with wine, women and song and is legendary .... :Chokdee5:

Found some other examples of long and short s:

“Panik in Petersburg - Die Russen kommen! Rette sich, wer kann!”

“Was eine Harke ist, Herr Kerenski! “Die deutsche Front? ...””

(Kerenski = Kerensky = Russian prime minister)

Die Russen kommen! Rette sich, wer kann!.jpg

Was eine Harke ist, Herr Kerenski!.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Ceasefire at the German-Russian front 100 years ago: “Musik am Treffpunkt zwischen den Stellungen”, good for 2 f and 2 long s:

Musik am Treffpunkt zwischen den Stellungen.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 9/1/2017 at 02:45, Anto@@@ said:

it can be very good but is a fake italian restaurant, the combination meat and pasta together, is not an italian dish ;)

I’m from the US. That’s the way I like it. Bread first then salad, then meat and pasta together. Barbaric? I’m sure. But I enjoy a bite of the meat then a bit of the pasta. Heck, I usually hold on to some of my salad and have some of that to balance the richness of the sauce.

It’s not the way it’s done in Italy? Fine, when I’m in Italy, I’ll worry about that. 

On 4/9/2016 at 23:23, lecarreblanc said:

...but  I always prefer eating sphagetti from ladyboy stand at LK Metro.

This was surprisingly good. Prices from 90 to 130 baht. I got the spagetti with shrimp, spicy. 5 shrimp in it, and it was a very good sized portion. Next time, I’ll buy some decent bread to eat with it. 

I’m definitely going back.

Anybody know if this is open in the low season? I KNOW I walked past there almost daily last year, but didn’t notice. Too busy trying to not get killed at that intersection. 

• 1 month later...

Forgot name of it but legit Italian spot right on beach road. I think Tuscanos? 

On 3/30/2018 at 00:21, creative619 said:

Forgot name of it but legit Italian spot right on beach road. I think Tuscanos? 

There are a couple I can think of on Beach Rd.  Do you mean the one down near Soi 6 or the one that is in LK Empress?  Or a different one?

La Taverna del Passatore is closed for the month of April. Back in May. 

Funny cartoon, 100 years ago.

Once capital S, once short s, three times long s:

“Schorsch, was hast Du mit dieser Wienerin gemacht?”

(Georges, what did you do with this Viennese?)

(French Prime Minister George Clemenceau had contacted the Austrian Foreign Minister for a secret peace treaty.)

Schorsch, was hast Du mit dieser Wienerin gemacht.jpg

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

On 4/2/2018 at 08:31, superdaws said:

There are a couple I can think of on Beach Rd.  Do you mean the one down near Soi 6 or the one that is in LK Empress?  Or a different one?

It could possibly be the one by Soi 6. It's not the LK one.

• 2 months later...
On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 01:23, Elvira said:

They didn’t “change” the name at all.

They changed the character type to avoid that people misread.

Just because you don’t know what a log s (ſ) is, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

In the past it also was used in English.

“ſ” is not the same as “f”.

Some examples of long s (ſ) in English on this title page of the King James Bible:

King James Bible.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm Italian and I'm quite surprised in this thread I've found only a couple of msg mentioning Trattoria Toscana on beach road (close to Soi 6)

if possible I'm been hence more surprised when I read who was talking about that place found it not special or impressive

yes ok, I know everyone has a different taste about almost everything (food, ladies, cars, etc.) but.... honestly speaking.... imo this is probably the best italian restauran of the whole Pattaya area - even some restaurant in my own country (again, I'm living in Italy) can't offer the same quality of food you can get there

FORGET to find any kind of fake italian receipe (i.e. linguini Alfredo, spaghetti meatball, etc.) - only original italian food style there

again, nothing against who actually like instead a mixed kind of italian food, (with american or spanish or whatever influcence

if we talk about the price : well, also forget a 200/300 THB meal, definitively I'm not saying it's a cheaper place

but if we're talking about the quality.... oh my god they're simply unbeatable....

the owner has his own farm located in Pattaya outskirt and he exactly knows every single minute of life of the meat you've on the dish

vegetables are cultivated in the farm itself,  cheeses and the major part of sweeties (cakes, etc) are handmade, nothing about the food is left to casuality and everything is traceable   

huge - not big, huge - selection of wines and spirits

here below a few examples (I'm sorry I've pictures of almost only meaty dishes but... I'm really a meat lover)  

IMG_6421.JPG

IMG_6422.JPG

IMG_5575.JPG

Cattura__2.JPG

IMG_6420.JPG

11 hours ago, Maverick__83 said:

I'm Italian and I'm quite surprised in this thread I've found only a couple of msg mentioning Trattoria Toscana on beach road (close to Soi 6)

if possible I'm been hence more surprised when I read who was talking about that place found it not special or impressive

yes ok, I know everyone has a different taste about almost everything (food, ladies, cars, etc.) but.... honestly speaking.... imo this is probably the best italian restauran of the whole Pattaya area - even some restaurant in my own country (again, I'm living in Italy) can't offer the same quality of food you can get there

FORGET to find any kind of fake italian receipe (i.e. linguini Alfredo, spaghetti meatball, etc.) - only original italian food style there

again, nothing against who actually like instead a mixed kind of italian food, (with american or spanish or whatever influcence

if we talk about the price : well, also forget a 200/300 THB meal, definitively I'm not saying it's a cheaper place

but if we're talking about the quality.... oh my god they're simply unbeatable....

the owner has his own farm located in Pattaya outskirt and he exactly knows every single minute of life of the meat you've on the dish

vegetables are cultivated in the farm itself,  cheeses and the major part of sweeties (cakes, etc) are handmade, nothing about the food is left to casuality and everything is traceable   

here below a few examples (I'm sorry I've pictures of almost only meaty dishes but... I'm really a meat lover)  

IMG_6421.JPG

IMG_6422.JPG

IMG_5575.JPG

Cattura__2.JPG

IMG_6420.JPG

I stay on Soi 6 and every trip I done at Trattoria. in fact I went there yesterday. Never had a bad meal there. stunning food. Definitely recommend the duck ravioli in black truffle sauce.

Looks great. Standing on the cnr Soi6 & BR do you turn left or right & roughly how far.

TIA from a old bloke with issues:P

www.sugarcanemafia.com

I've had a decent meal at the restaurant on cnr 2 rd and 13/1 at the entrance to Privi hotel. Good pizzas and nice pasta dishes.

6 hours ago, froddo said:

Looks great. Standing on the cnr Soi6 & BR do you turn left or right & roughly how far.

turn left in the direction of the beach rd traffic flow and you on it almost immediately

11 hours ago, froddo said:

hi mate

I confirm you'll have to turn left, direction WS; you really can't miss it as they've a quite big garden and an equally big banner (see below the picture)

Google maps stating 1 minute walking (70 meters) from Soi 6 & BR corner

in the previous post I've forgot to mention that, on the same building, there's also their sister restaurant MOOM TALAY (Thai cuisine)

it means that if you like to bring your tilak for a dinner both of you can be happy and leave with a full stomach

also, in this particulare case, a not negligible aspect is that your girl wont' order the most expensive farang dish just because she don't know what to order and in her mind it pops-up "considering it's the most expensive dish... then surely I can't go wrong...."

I think almost all of us already experienced this kind of situation - that usually end's for the gal with just a few bites to the meal and nothing more as she's "full already tilak" - and then just after 20 minutes you'll have to stop at a street food vendor stall because she's now hungry again....

tosca.JPG

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 01:13, Maverick__83 said:

IMG_6421.JPG

IMG_6422.JPG

IMG_5575.JPG

Cattura__2.JPG

IMG_6420.JPG

Been there twice and been disappointed twice.

And yes, the price was above average.

i reckon you'll always struggle with Italian food outside of Italy, as the food is fairly simple, and rely's on the quality of the produce; which you wont find in Patts.

Is the Trattoria Toscana different from Moon Talay? Or same place and one is the Italian and the other the Thai?

Either way, not to interrupt the German lessons, but I love the food at Moon Talay.

Been to Italy a few times and I don’t know if they are authentic at Moon Talay, but they are tasty and to me, that is all that matters.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d1960697-Reviews-Moom_Talay-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html?m=19905

15 minutes ago, Houten Kop said:

Been there twice and been disappointed twice.

And yes, the price was above average.

What did you order and what didn't you like about it

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 01:20, Jake.houston said:

Is the Trattoria Toscana different from Moon Talay? Or same place and one is the Italian and the other the Thai?

Either way, not to interrupt the German lessons, but I love the food at Moon Talay.

Been to Italy a few times and I don’t know if they are authentic at Moon Talay, but they are tasty and to me, that is all that matters.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d1960697-Reviews-Moom_Talay-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html?m=19905

same same but different :D

they're two sister restaurants, Toscana for the italian food & Moom Talay for the Thai one, same owner indeed

you can see they're connected sharing the same couryard

Archived