IGNORED

China garden hotel

Gazzab

Maybe you should have paid her to get in then you- ...umm, oh, errr  -sorry I forgot :GoldenSmile1:

:GoldenSmile1:

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stayed there once, and am booked in for my next trip.

The rooms are fitted out to a very high standard.

Beds are very comfortable, and the toilet + shower are A1.

The only reason I have not stayed there more often....

....it gets booked up very quickly, as mentioned above.

The only small disadvantage is the karaoke next door.

It's not loud enough to wake you, but is annoying.

No-one sings in tune in those damn places!

Understand the karaoke bar next store is no longer there so should be quite if the work has finished

Understand the karaoke bar next store is no longer there so should be quite if the work has finished

Good news indeed, Rainsberger!

Soi Lengkee is a nice quiet street, but good location.

That sodding karaoke was the only bad point.

Hope it re-opens as a good restaurant,

with lots of attractive young waitresses.

Anyone know what will replace the karaoke bar??

• 2 weeks later...

No idea but I'm glad to hear its closed since my 6 week booking is coming up fast.

18 coins are opening a restaurant next door with a couple of rooms upstairs for rent. Its now much quieter minus the karaoke bar !!@ Yat

18 coins are opening a restaurant next door with a couple of rooms upstairs for rent. Its now much quieter minus the karaoke bar !!@ Yat

Good news - thanks CG.

Love hearing that ......sounds good for my upcomming stay in CG this august.

well... all can i say i was a bit disappointed.
booked a standard 700 baht room, shower was great and huge but the room itself got a small window in front of a wall when you open it (1st floor), i like to have a full window and a decent view if possible instead of a wall.
Aircon was damn too noisy even if in silence or low fan mode... a pain in the arse for sleeping..., small cockroaches in the bathroom :-/  as i said i don't care but the girls were picky about it and hated them.

and noise from the building workers in the morning/afternoon can be annoying for light sleepers or without earplugs, they woke me up a few times...

i prefer to spend a few baht more on other hotels next time, actually CN is not a bad one and can suit to many people on a budget without high expectations, the restaurant is nice and tasty, i had a good meal.

cheers.

When we did the renovations we actually enlarged the windows to let in more light, I am afraid all converted shop houses like this tend to face another building so the view is er hmmm "not scenic", but we did install black out curtains and bigger windows.  Glad you liked the rain shower & glass cubical, much better then letting the water go all over the floor and slipping!

I will check in to the air con units, they we all new in 2 years ago and came with a 3 year warranty.....  Regarding the building work, hopefully it will end VERY soon.... god only knows why its taking them so long as we completely renovated and installed the restaurant in 4 months and they have been at it 7 months !!!

Glad you enjoyed the Chinese food, our Thai chef tried to "improve" our recipes and we went through a rocky period... I hope we are back on track and sticking with the Western Style Chinese food that we are known for!

deluxe-small.jpg

Nice to see your responses to customers. When I was there in February, the a.c units were recharged and the rooms were kept up to a good standard. I believe you are doing your best to maintain the building and not let it go, like so many other establishments. The noise next door is not under your control, but on the upside, it will be done soon. I always look around at different guesthouse s for future visits, and have yet to find anything that matches china garden for value.

I recently stayed at China Garden for a week in a jacuzzi room and I loved it.

Sure there was some noise from the construction next door, but it wasn't constant. It didn't effect my sleeping (or maybe the alcohol helped!)

The location is spot on and everything is within a few minutes walk.

Good size room that was cleaned daily, the staff were very friendly, the food was great ... all in all, pretty good value.

I'm already booked at CG for my next trip.

"I've had a wonderful time ... but this wasn't it ..." - Groucho Marx

I recently stayed at China Garden for a week in a jacuzzi room and I loved it.

Sure there was some noise from the construction next door, but it wasn't constant. It didn't effect my sleeping (or maybe the alcohol helped!)

The location is spot on and everything is within a few minutes walk.

Good size room that was cleaned daily, the staff were very friendly, the food was great ... all in all, pretty good value.

I'm already booked at CG for my next trip.

Thanks for the review and next booking !! I take most of the bookings myself and would say 80% of our guests are now returning customers and I want to keep it that way~! This board is fantastic for letting me know problems that need resolving as wells our successes that we can build on, thank you.

ian

Decent location but @ 1,500 baht for the jucuzzi rooms expensive for what you get and no breakfast or swimming pool. Check out Rinya House Hotel just across the road if you want value for money. If you book directly with the hotel you can get a decent room for 700baht with includes breakfast for you and your lady also. Deduct the 300baht for breakfast and you actually getting a double room for 400 baht. Amazing!

attachicon.gifrinya-house.jpg

WHAT!

I stayed there last year and was not told about the free breakfast!

I've actually stayed at Rinya-House and China Garden and both are nice. 

I think China Garden would win only because the rooms are newer and nicer (also the water pressure is better).

Rinya House is a little closer to the action and has a bakery underneath so these are pluses for them. 

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

When we did the renovations we actually enlarged the windows to let in more light, I am afraid all converted shop houses like this tend to face another building so the view is er hmmm "not scenic", but we did install black out curtains and bigger windows.  Glad you liked the rain shower & glass cubical, much better then letting the water go all over the floor and slipping!

I will check in to the air con units, they we all new in 2 years ago and came with a 3 year warranty.....  Regarding the building work, hopefully it will end VERY soon.... god only knows why its taking them so long as we completely renovated and installed the restaurant in 4 months and they have been at it 7 months !!!

Glad you enjoyed the Chinese food, our Thai chef tried to "improve" our recipes and we went through a rocky period... I hope we are back on track and sticking with the Western Style Chinese food that we are known for!

Looks good on the photos, but expensive considering no breakfast and no pool. Much better accommodation available at half the cost. Advice to Addicts - Shop around, don't get ripped off!

WHAT!

I stayed there last year and was not told about the free breakfast!

I've actually stayed at Rinya-House and China Garden and both are nice. 

I think China Garden would win only because the rooms are newer and nicer (also the water pressure is better).

Rinya House is a little closer to the action and has a bakery underneath so these are pluses for them.If you are happy

I agree that the rooms are better in China Gardens, but you have to be happy paying 1000 baht more and then having to pay extra for breakfast. Rinya wins hands down for me!!!!!

I recently stayed here had the jacuzzi room 204. Had intended to stay 13 nights but checked out after 5 due to the construction noise next door the constant all day jack hammering was the last straw. I was told only for another 2 days then finish, this was 2 days too long I had to leave it was impossible to sleep.

Having said that I was happy with the room and would stay again because of the location and had some fun in the jacuzzi with three girls one night. 

Ian a few things I found annoying was the air con which seemed inefficient, had temp on 18 deg the whole time but it seemed mid 20's perhaps a thermostat problem or regas. Also the TV reception was poor and the TV near jacuzzi was just static the whole time.

I noticed if I turned on the lights above the jacuzzi it caused the TV and light to flicker a wiring problem for sure. 

I love a tub/Jacuzzi and have had some fun with the girls,I find the girls I spend time with now although I have no complaints about my time with them, they prefer to spend time showering alone and some are puzzled by the concept of a bathtub.

Thank you for the feedback and I am very sorry you had to checkout due to the construction next door, every time we ask them "when will you finish?" its always a couple more day! I am sad to say its costing me money and my reputation .....

I will have all the air condition unit services in "all rooms" this week ....Thailand is "red hot" right now with temperatures hitting 40 degrees! I'll check have the TV checked too, I think its just that room so thank you again for the feedback and sorry you needed to check out.

Cheers,

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

We have the building sprayed by Rentokil monthly and the maid sprays daily, during rainy season bugs do tend to appear more. However the building next door was pretty much derelict for 5 years and the problem has only come about since their renovations started, we our doing our very best to eradicate the problem completely. The first of our rooms will be repainted / skirting boards installed this month, they are "glued on" to avoid any noise issues and we are doing a floor at a time to reduce any smell from paint.

Cheers,

Ian

P.S The cable TV & Air Con's have all been serviced and are working correctly now.

Thanks for all the feedback, Ian.

The bugs problem was mentioned on another thread.

Good to know you get problems sorted quickly.

Looking forward to my stay..........

• 3 weeks later...

Several times I have tried to book this hotel but always have been fully booked. Used email to try and book and had a courteous reply each time just to tell me fully booked.  Must be a decent hotel as I tried many times in both high and low season.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Several times I have tried to book this hotel but always have been fully booked. Used email to try and book and had a courteous reply each time just to tell me fully booked.  Must be a decent hotel as I tried many times in both high and low season.

Sorry about that, we only have 12 rooms and with the support from forum get booked up very quickly .... many guests make future reservations before leaving which is a good sign!  I hope we can accommodate you in the future.

Cheers

Ian

Archived