Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Which camera are u using?

nirck

Canon S 100 is an excellent pocket camera, its an easy to use point & shoot if you are just a novice & if you are more serious it has many manual settings for your own creativity, more important for me it allows me to shoot raw files which means I can squeeze out a good image almost every time by post editing when I get home.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I carry a Canon 7D DSLR with a Canon flash in a backpack. I only use it for special shots. I carry an iPhone 4 that has a built in flash for quick point and shoot shots. The photos from the iPhone are remarkable considering its size.

Nikon D5100 with a few lenses. 35mm F1.8 for inside the bars. It's sharp and fast for low light. Tamron 70-200mm F2.8 when I want to "reach out" a little bit. Then I have the standard kit lens 18-55 and 55-200. The 55-200 is actually a fairly decent lens. Kind of slow but it is sharp..

I voted other..

I got an N8 ,as cant be bothered to carry a phone and a camera..

its ok for some point and shoot stuff...12mpeg

n8-mobile.jpg

heres a few pics from it :GoldenSmile1:

:Photo1:

19022011089.jpg

:Photo1:

14062011157.jpg

not bad for a camera phone is it?

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

• 3 months later...

There are hardly 'Bad Quality' camera's anymore these days. Even phones can film with 1080p, Now to be honest i do not know alot about camera's but i do know that since i got my Iphone 4S i never brought my camera along.

I use my camera on my iPhone takes really good pics ... But for my first trip to pattaya in December am going to invest in a Nikon SLR to take with me .

If you don't mind carrying about a larger camera, look for something that can accomodate a ring flash - those loop give fantastic lighting for portraiture; much more professional lighting.

I'm Looking for buy a camera for my next Pattaya trip.

So will follow carefully this thread :)

I took my Sony HX9v.. I think its just been replaced.

I liked it as it was a Compact camera

But still had good Zoom

Only let sown was the GPS function slowed the camera down, so I turned that function Off

http://www.sony.com....content=Default

DSC00076 (Small).JPGDSC00206 (Small).JPG

If you don't mind carrying about a larger camera, look for something that can accomodate a ring flash - those loop give fantastic lighting for portraiture; much more professional lighting.

I totally agree.

A good addition also is an additional external flash, a small flash brolly, a clamp with a ball and socket head, and an infra-red trigger for firing the extra flash. These weigh very little.

The clamp with the flash etc can often be affixed to the back of a dining chair back in the hotel bedroom. This saves on having to use a lighting stand.

It all looks quite casual and shouldn't scare the girls/models off too much.

Depends how serious one is about photography of course

I have recently bought a monopod which is self standing. It has folding pull-out legs and only weighs about 500 grammes. Useful also, when out and about, if camera shake has got to be a bit of a nuisance, as one gets older. I bought this on Ebay, and it was about £22, from Taiwan, and included free delivery. It serves as a lighting stand also if necessary. I fitted my own ball and socket head.

I'm buying the Canon PS S100 for my next trip. I've tried it out a few times now, and it's awesome! :D

Play on, player!

I'm using Canon IXUS 100 IS.

I paid 149 euros for it about 2 years ago.

Canon-IXUS-100_1.jpg

Just the right automatic camera for me

and my modest photographing skills.

I use a Sony DSC T70 , great little slimline camera which slips in your pocket or shirt top pocket .

Good for bar snaps or panorama shots , also video not too bad either .

Mikeyboy

I have a Canon D450, but for this trip and other in future, i bought a Canon Ixus 220. Paid about 125 euros for it in Norway.

Its small and light weight and perfect for a pocket.

Edit: the price

I have a Canon D450, but for this trip and other in future, i bought a Canon Ixus 220. Paid about 825 euros for it in Norway.

Its small and light weight and perfect for a pocket.

Are cameras so expensive in your home country? The Canon Ixus 220 is on sale in the UK from £130. I considered it but ended up with a Canon S90 some time ago.

Might as well jump in here.

My main Camera is a Nikon D7000, usually I use either a 50mm f2 Nikon Lens, or 18-200mm, but my favorite lens for traveling is the awesome 18-200mm Nikon Lens; it rocks no changing lens, but for low light situations I always use the 50mm.

Right now I am very patiently waiting for my new Fuji X100 to arrive. This bad boy is awesome, a professional photographers fun camera, it is as good or better than most DSLR, but fits in your pocket. Perfect for candid shots when I visit Pattaya.

Cheers

Paul "The Nutter"

ont06_023194.gifnikon.png

Use the galaxy tab for point and shoot, my D2X for more serious shooting 50mm 1.8 for portrait and low light, 28-200 for general and 170-500 for those candid shots where i do not want the girls to pose

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

You can't go wrong with the Olympus Stylus Tough series of cameras. Shockproof and waterproof. Mine came in handy for Songkran.

Olympus Stylus Tough.jpg

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Are cameras so expensive in your home country? The Canon Ixus 220 is on sale in the UK from £130. I considered it but ended up with a Canon S90 some time ago.

Sorry, push the wrong buttons, the price is 125 euro.

I was using and still do use an Olympus e-620 with several lenses, but for street and bar pictures I use a Panasonic GF2 with, 14mm, 20mm and 45mm lenses. Its small and great for bar work and fits in my pocket.

• 1 month later...

I was VERY disappointed to discover that my cheap Nikon P&S must fallen out while I was packing my bag on a recent trip, so I find myself without a camera (besides my iPhone, which I used to get a photo with NFL hall of Famer Marshall Faulk at fights last night).

The biggest support from BMs seems to be for the S95. S100 is now out, but reviews appear to criticize its performance in low light (which would appear to be a big issue in Pattaya). I was hoping price of the S95 would have dropped, but it actually appears to be a few $ more than a S100.

Here's the issue: I'm pretty bad about taking photos, and can't handle a camera for shit. I don't know if I would use the manual aspects of the S95 (or S100), but I admit that the option to learn to use them is quite intriguing.

Should I invest the $ in a S95 or spend about 1/3 - 1/4 of the same amount and get a cheap P&S like my last camera? To be honest, photo quality was mediocre, so I didn't use it that much, but, having lost it, I am now suddenly concerned about losing a $375 camera (as opposed to a $100 camera)

I go to quite a few fights, and think the low light and quality of the S95 might help spur my interest in taking more photos.

Any thoughts/advice?

EDIT:

After doing some research on a number of other sites, I am now leaning towards the S100 -- from all accounts, it was a tough call to decide which to go with when the prices were $100+ apart, but now it is actually CHEAPER than the S95, with many tech advances.

Still eager to get input on whether a novice like myself should drop the $400 on such a camera....

Hmmmm....maybe if I start playing with it and learn how to take some decent photos, I will actually post MORE photos on here! 55555!

Im using Sony Cybershot TX10 and happy with this ))) i pay 10 000 thb

I shoot with a Canon 7d with a few lenses, no real expensive glass...as of yet.

Also shoot abit with my Canon AE-1 (35mm film)

and also got a Go pro Hero 2 surf, took that too Phuket this year in April for the Songkran festival and mounted it to a Wet Gun and got some good footage and photos.

Songkran Festival - Shot on Canon AE-1 (35mm Film)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanhamiltonphoto/7173663648/in/set-72157629672185552/lightbox/

Phi Phi Island Cruise - Shot on Canon 7d

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanhamiltonphoto/6969025482/in/set-72157629672185552/lightbox/

Bitches aint shit but Hoes & Tricks

• 2 weeks later...

I shoot with a Canon 7d with a few lenses, no real expensive glass...as of yet.

Also shoot abit with my Canon AE-1 (35mm film)

and also got a Go pro Hero 2 surf, took that too Phuket this year in April for the Songkran festival and mounted it to a Wet Gun and got some good footage and photos.

Songkran Festival - Shot on Canon AE-1 (35mm Film)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanhamiltonphoto/7173663648/in/set-72157629672185552/lightbox/

Phi Phi Island Cruise - Shot on Canon 7d

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanhamiltonphoto/6969025482/in/set-72157629672185552/lightbox/

Some great pics there

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

I use an iphone 4s. Its lens is amazing, for such a small device!

Archived