IGNORED

Your favorite airline?

Phil miller

Only been once and flew with Emirates, couldn't fault them! Great movies to choose from and managed to get a good few hours sleep aswell which is always a bonus.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arms

• Joe_Le_Force

• blue1878

• roppa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Flew with Thai, there inflight entertainment is really bad but their hostesses are normally beautiful, definetly makes up for it!

Air France most times for me depending on their price and time-table,........ I love charles de gaulle airport, dream of a stop over ...!

jinx

Catch my first report ;               Catch my third report ;

Drinker Tailor Sober Thai     The Place Beyond The Fines. 

Catch my second report ;        My final report :

The Monger Games            Final Random Acts 

I fly with Thaiairways. Food is ok. Chairs ok (but not more then ok). And it is nonstop to Bangkok. I have my ipad with movies and games so i dont care about the entertainment.

As long as their number of landings equals their number of take-offs I'm pretty much satisfied.

Having said that, I do prefer Air Canada, Cathay Pacific abd Thai over United, China and Aeroflot.

I like Thai airways,although the service has dropped in the last couple of years still up there with singapore IMHO,plus I like the feeling when you get on the plane your holiday in Thailand has begun.

emirates for me from birmingham as only live 20 mins from that airport and about £600 is good for flying on a nice aircraft and good service

My fav is Delta...why because i work for them. fly free business class from SEA-NRT-BKK

I have used Emirates, Qatar,Eva and Thai, They have all been pretty good and of course price varies but I do prefer direct flights with Eva and Thai. Eva are normally easier to book in advance and I have been bumped up a class a couple of times now, i always pick a row with more seats then when groups want to travel together as a single seat passenger they move you up. My preference is Thai because its a 747 I pick a middle row towards back of plane often these are empty and often used by employees not servicing the flight they rarely fill up and if someone books the same row there is often one nearby that is empty, Four seats to yourself lift the arms and you have a bed over 4 seats for the whole flight, the only trouble is picking right time to book with Thai because there prices fluctuate so much last time I paid £574 2 other people I spoke to on same flight one got last minute £380 deal, the other paid over £800.

Air France most times for me depending on their price and time-table,........ I love charles de gaulle airport, dream of a stop over ...!

This is interesting, I have never heard anyone say anything positive about CDG until now =) IMO its like a warzone!

I have three rules about airtravel:

1. Avoid European and US carriers as much as you can. Asian/Middle eastern have so much better service.

2. NEVER ever transfer at CDG.

3. Don't leave home without a couple of Valiums or Xanax.

Im almost 2m tall, and I dont speak french.. so maybe its just me ;)

No Thai Airways from San Francisco - I would have loved to take that.

Travelled extensively on Singapore Airlines before - great airlines, great customer service and good food. The Singapore Airport is also one of the best - lots of things to do or just relax in comfy chairs clustered all around the airport and watch sports or news on flat screen TVs. Getting to Bangkok is a pain as from SFO it goes to Singapore via Hong Kong, then back to BKK. So the leg from HKG to Singapore is a total waste.

Nowadays I take Cathay Pacific which is a very decent airlines. From SFO it probably has the fastest route and the timings are just perfect. Leaves SFO past midnight, reaches the next day just past 7 am in Hong Kong. About two hours layover - great to stretch out after 14 hours of flight - and then a hop to BKK at about 11am. Clear customs, take luggage, then catch the Bell Bus at noon - and hotel not later than 2:30pm.

There are a couple of options on the return flights. One you take a 9:45 in the morning - which is a bit of pain if you are partying till the wee hours on the last day, or take the 7pm from BKK which gives you enough time in the morning and leave for the airport after lunch.

Cathay’s planes are a bit old though most of the trans-Pacific flights have upgraded interiors. All the flights I had taken had screens at the back of the seat and personalized entertainment with a nice lineup of latest movies and TV shows. Though over the last few years the service on Cathay that gone down a bit - they don't shower you with as much food and drinks as they do on Singapore Airlines and the prices have crept up, they still do very good service. If you are booking online on Cathay, start early and check the fares twice a day as sometimes there is a variance of 10% to 20% within 24 hours. If you are patience you can get away with some good deals if can deal with flexible departure dates.

Does Cathay still have the rockhard seats in economy? I flew LHR-HKG on their 747 (i think), very uncomfortable seats.. but very good service!

Btw, Changi and Chek lap kok are probably two of the best airports in the world.

I think the time is the thing. Gone right off midnight/overnight departures as sleeping on a plane is a pig of a thing - even in business class lucky to get 4-5 hours.

From Melbourne I now like Jetstar which departs at 2pm and gets in at 8pm. Time to get to BKK or Pattaya and sleep in decent bed wake up good to go - or go out and party hard.

Emirates for me, stop over in Dubai about halfway allows me top up the nicotine, the A380 to BKK very comfortable, great personal entertainment and the lower part iof the price range for me

:Agree:

Does Cathay still have the rockhard seats in economy? I flew LHR-HKG on their 747 (i think), very uncomfortable seats.. but very good service!

Over the last few years Cathay replaced their seats with 'shell' seats which do not recline but the seating within the shell slide forward to make you feel that you have reclined. The padding is thin so for long flights lot of people find it uncomfortable. I do miss the old reclining comfy seats that are available on almost all other long haul airlines.

I don't have much problem sleeping even in the shell seats - but I have been known to fall asleep at odd places - last time I dozed off with my mouth open as the dentist was drilling for root canal - I swear it was all those numbing drugs..5555.

well I fly from saudi arabia, Gulf air is the cheapest right now. I haven't had any problems with them as of yet. Eithad was my airline till there prices got to high for me, I'm not a rich guy, need to save my money for pattaya anyway.

Thaiairways are great, good service but you have to pay for it. Very expensive from Norway.

1500 £ royal silk class

• 5 months later...

love my Korean Air (A380) from New York to Bangkok.

Over the last few years Cathay replaced their seats with 'shell' seats which do not recline but the seating within the shell slide forward to make you feel that you have reclined. The padding is thin so for long flights lot of people find it uncomfortable. I do miss the old reclining comfy seats that are available on almost all other long haul airlines.

I don't have much problem sleeping even in the shell seats - but I have been known to fall asleep at odd places - last time I dozed off with my mouth open as the dentist was drilling for root canal - I swear it was all those numbing drugs..5555.

I flew Cathay last time on a long haul flight and those shell seats are really uncomfortable but it was worth it to not have someone reclining in my lap the whole flight.

JAL old fashioned service like it used to be. Or Thai Air is similar and can pick up some cheap return fares through Japan on Thai Air.

One other is Air New Zealand always seem to get a good crew and the info video on air safety is fun, all the staff on the video have nothing on but body paint

My favourite airline long haul is Emirates, they fly from Glasgow Airport which is only a 25 minute bus ride away from my flat.

My favourite budget Airline is Air Asia, have used them several times on recent trips.

Only ever went Emirates. I could have flown KLM for 140 quid cheaper for my next trip but i like emirates.

Thats not to say i wil always use Emirates.

Emirates have two flights out of Glasgow now. Used to be only the 2.15pm but now added a 9.15pm also.

Edited by MunterHunter

Fron Perth there is only 2 options Tiger Air and Air Asia

To get to Pattya it is costing me return $420 AUD so that I am Loving Tiger for my flights. Oh amd yes cheaper to fly to asia than domestic :)