IGNORED

Your favorite airline?

Phil miller

Qatars problem is that their motors are not fitted out in an identical fashion. I've sat on their A340-600 with a 35" inch seat pitch down to 777 from memory that was around 30" in seat pitch.

Frequently others make the same remarks with this carrier....

Thats a fair comment.

The 2nd half of the trip , Qatar-BKK, wasn't as good as LND-BKK, but by this stage there was so much xanex in my blood stream i'da slept standing up! :Flying:

2 WEEKS TO GO..!!!!!!!!!! :GoldenSmile1:

Some thing's baby i just can't swallow,

Momma told me that girls are hollow..

Uhuhh...whats inside a girl....?? Lux Interior

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/91866-first-port-of-call/page__fromsearch__1

CountdownClockCodes.com

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arms

• Joe_Le_Force

• sooksi

• SJL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've flown Eva about 10 times over the last 5 years ... very good service in business but it's been difficult finding seats a busy times since they cut business from 42 seats to 24 seats .... Qatar is good despite the stop over exactly half way to BKK from LHR and have good deals at the moment

This trip (tomorrow) I'm on Finnair so I'll let you know !

I thought you woulda been going with SPECTRUM........!

S.I.G.

Some thing's baby i just can't swallow,

Momma told me that girls are hollow..

Uhuhh...whats inside a girl....?? Lux Interior

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/91866-first-port-of-call/page__fromsearch__1

CountdownClockCodes.com

Yes Price is very important but one of the things I like about Etihad is the flight times. Later this month I fly with Etihad to Thailand for Christmas and New Year. I take off from Manchester airport at 8:50 in the morning and arrive at Bangkok airport at 6:50 in the morning the next day. So I will be in Pattaya before mid-day. So if I am feeling tired I can rest in the afternoon before going out at night.

When I fly home my return flight is at 20:05 in the evening which means I can have a lie in at my hotel after my last night in Pattaya before going to the airport. And I arrive back at manchester airport at 6:15 the next day. So I will be back home early in the morning.

Another good thing is that when I fly out I only spend 1 hour 50 minutes in transit at Abu Dhabi airport. And when I fly home I only spend 2 hours 25 minutes in transit at Abu Dhabi airport.

So there are a lot of things to consider when you book a flight and when deciding if an airline is a good one or not

Simlar out going 09:45 - 08:00 arrive Sat-Sun, in bound 01:25 - 12:30 Sat-Sat, average 3 hour each in Dubai

Edited by Arms

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

Was gonna use Jet airways for my next trip in March, but left it a little too long to get s good price....was quoted £760 plus some new bullshit transit tax to get out of Delhi ...WTF is that?..didnt have that last year !!!...anyway fucked them off and chose Emirates instead ....Is that right, they use the 380 for the second leg?

Check via their website http://emirates.com find exactly the flights you want (they have 3 a day from Gatwick 09:45, 13:45, 20:10 varying times in Dubai) they will specify the plane type there and then shop around (Expedia pretty good). You are not always on an A380 (this time only 1 leg for me is an A380) but the others are also the Boeing 777 which I find better for my back anyway and you can also book your seat as soon as you have flight confirnation, I ahd my flight booked and seats selected 5 months ahead

I did find no great advantage booking with Expedia (saved about a fiver) but used them because I do my BKK hotel as well simplifies having everything in one place

When I returned last time they gave away my selected seat, but I got one of the front premium seats with all the legroom and first off the plabe instead

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

My favourite airlines is Austrian airlines, because they flying from capital in my country and they have connection flight in transfer place Vienna together with best connection time. Their service are not the best, but price is corresponding with need and service. Price for return ticket was Prague-Vienna-Bangkok 590 euro. Similar price has Emirates, but they have long waiting time for connection flight in Dubai.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I've flown with 5 different airlines to Thailand.

Thai would be the best but only because it was direct.

I was really impressed with Cathey Pacific last trip....I'm just not a fan of layovers.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Any airline really but one that leaves on time & gets me to BKK on time....safely....anything else i don't give a toss! I sleep through the whole flight anyway :Dream1:

Edited by felix the cat

Brisbane to BKK, Thai Airlines every time. Leaves at a decent time and is direct. Honourable mention to Singapore except for the 3 hour layover, just as good. :Number1a:

Edited by Jebb

image.png

For Eva Air fans one of their 747s leaving Amsterdam airport

securedownload.jpg

For Eva Air fans one of their 747s leaving Amsterdam airport

securedownload.jpg

Stunning angle

I thought you woulda been going with SPECTRUM........!

S.I.G.

LOL .... maybe next time !!!!

SJL

So far, China airlines has been the best flight experience I have had. I have booked Korean Air for my next trip in April so I will see how that goes. My economy seat in China air was more spacious and the seat conformed to your head. There was even a pair of slippers for you to use. Choice of Asian or American style meals and overall good service. This was the only flight I never felt the need to leave my seat for the 18 hour trip to Japan.

Have done a number of different routes / carriers to Thailand over the years so , as siting waiting for a flight back to beijing from shanghai, thought I'd add my 2 satang. These are just based on my opinion , and in some cases have not used an airline for a number of years and they may have improved.

When first started going to Thailand 10 years or so ago was economy on Thai. After a couple of trips decided I couldn't take the long haul flights economy and made changes elsewhere in budget to afford premium economy/business.

Travel way too much for work regionally (on planes at least twice a week for the last two years) to want to spend more that the absolute minimum time in planes/airport. Main concern for me is how I feel when I arrive and how long it takes getting there and back. Arriving in LOS and needing 2 days to recover from a cramped long haul flight with little sleep and back pain is not my idea of a holiday just my personal taste really.

So here is my break down based on route:

London - BKK:

Recommended - Thai (business) or EVA (premium). In younger (and more fiscally challenged) days living in London went with EVA due to price on premium economy vs Thai business. The EVA service in premium economy is like flying on an older Thai plane regionally in Asia using business and is just about doable for me. I generally prefer Thai due the convenience of Bangkok being its home airport access to lounge etc.

Other airlines used -

SAS (business), flight from BKK was ok but on the connection found the lounge was land side and my wife would need a visa. So got stuck by the gate for 3 hours waiting for the delayed connection onto what has to be one of the worst flights I have taken. Happened on the way back too via their other hub. Connection to london from scandinavia was on an old budget class style plane. Not a problem if you pay for budget airline, terrible if you pay for business on an international route. Would be better to fly this route cattle class direct on thai.

Lufthansa (business) they had a promo on the cost, but the connection was missed, frankfurt is not an airport to be stuck in late at night waiting for a next available flight connection. On board was ok, but just that, OK, not really worth teh premium fair, but this was several years ago and may have improved.

Emirates (ecomomy). Second trip I did to thailand was on emirates. The economy service even back then was great. If I didn't have to get off, wait , get on, midway would consider using Emirates on Economy over EVA premium for teh bang for buck.

Sydney - BKK.

Recommended - Singapore Air (business). Struggle to think of anything bad about the service or trips when i was flying out of sydney on Singapore Air.

Others - Thai (business), for some reason Thai is very hit or miss on some routes, this is one of them. The old planes should not be priced the same way as the ones refitted with the newer seat imo. poor for the cost of the flight.

Tokyo - BKK

Recommended; Thai (business) BUT only if you are going on the newer (ex JET Airways) plane they use on this route. Leave BKK to tokyo early morning and departs NRT late afternoon. The other time slot seems to have old thai planes and they really are not worth it so if on these you may as well fly ANA, dispite their strange seat layouts.

Beijing - BKK :

Thai (business): Use older planes most of the time, however would not even consider flying economy on this route. Worth the premium to avoid being stuck in economy with the group tours of first time chinese travelers. Generally find they have a complete disregard for personal space, smell of garlic to the nth degree and on top of this the worst food you will find on thai on any route.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE - Air China. Worst airline I use, now it is only domestically due to lack of choice. On a trip to Thailand you would have to pay me to get on board. Now given what is waiting when I get off in Bangkok that is saying something. How they got to join Star alliance is one of the great mysteries of the modern world. Delays on over 50% of flights I use on them. Often think it would be quicker to buy a case with bigger wheels and walk from shanghai to beijing that fly with them.

Alternate route - Cathay Pacific. Take the trip via HK a few times each year as a bolt on to a business trip there. Excellent airline. Strangely not a fan of the business class seats mounted at an angle and would actually prefer to fly economy on these guys short haul. Staff in economy are better trained/more pleasant than most airlines business class staff.

Could type more but seems we may be boarding shortly, only 2hrs late today, the weekend starts here (assuming we don't just sit on the plane for another two hours before leaving the gate like we did last week).

I've flown Singapore Airlines 7 times round trip from the US to Phuket and they are great. Clean aircraft, lovely flight attendants and open bar in coach. Prices same or better than other international carriers from both the east and west coast of the US. Flying on the A380 out of JFK for the first time late January. Can't wait.

Direct flights unless it is an unbelievably low fare with a stop-over less than 2 hours. Even then when you double the number of planes you have twice the chance of trip fuck ups. And you dont really want connections on the trip home so you can crash for the whole time.

I like Emirates, Singapore and Thai but usually fly Jetstar as it leaves at 2pm and gets in at 8pm. I used to think midnight flights were good but it is pretty bad trying to sleep on planes - in any class.

Emirates is best great food the entertainment is excellent and always got a exit seat

upgraded to business class for $120 aud

Thai airways next best

british airways and quantas are terrible rude staff crap food

............... I have booked Korean Air for my next trip in April so I will see how that goes......

Nothing but good to say about Korean Air the few times I've used them flying to Bangkok and Manila, but their antiseptic terminal in Seoul and long layovers when I was traveling with them put me off.

And just for fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFg3j-U0zdg

Edited by Sa-teef
If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind. John Stuart Mill
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/john_stuart_mill

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person

than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."  John Stuart Mill

Korean Airlines for me. The only airline with direct flights to Asia from Las Vegas. One of the best economy seats I have experienced with personal TVs and a good choice of movies. Lots of cute Korean stewardesses. And I love the terminal in Seoul.

I can't see why anyone recommends Emirates apart from the price. They put 10 seats across on wide bodied planes whereas most other airlines put 9. Their business class has 7 across to others 6. I have used various airlines and always try to get a decent deal on business but if that fails I'll take EVA elite (premium economy) I cannot sleep in cattle class so while I hate the extra expense I will pay it. Soon to book a flight via Madrid on Qatar business.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

:08:

Etihad aremy favorite. Flights are usually on time short stop over in Abu Dhabi. The in flight experience is good with seat back screens and very new film selection.

The frequent flyer programme they run is the best as well - when you reach a certain level you get access to their lounges regardless of your class of travel.

Price wise they are usually there or there abouts.

Ex Adelaide the choices are limited ....I use Malaysia at present because I can leave at 10am and be at BKK at 7pm everyone else is getting close to midnight or overnight, I dont mind them as they have just put a new Airbus 330 on the Adelaide to KL leg but all things being equal I would prefer Singapore Airlines

Etihad ..

might try emirates next year tho :GoldenSmile1:

i fancy a spin on an A380 :LOL2:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...