IGNORED

Your favorite airline?

Phil miller

Whats your favorite airline? and why?

As im from Holland we got Eva air (Taiwan Airline), Its the competitor of China Airlines.

Why Eva air? It has great and great service.. nice staff on board, nice food, and from Amsterdam a flight without a stop.

I always choose for the "Evergreen Deluxe Class" This distinction eva air with other airlines, Its a class that sits between Buisness and Economy.. You have a buisness seat and boarding like buisness + you can carry 25kg of luggage, Only not the service on board as the buissnes class.

And it's pretty affordable.. Prices of this flight are most of the time 800 / 900€

What about u guys?

Edited by Timms

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arms

• Joe_Le_Force

• Phil miller

• roppa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only one airline in the world to fly: Singapore

They fly new aircraft, take service to a whole different level, and the ladies looks soooo good in thier uniforms.

EVA were my fav due to getting a business seat at good price, flew the past 3 trips with EVA. Always got a good deal on a Z class ticket but when looking at them for next March they were looking crazy money.

So my new favourite is Qatar, once again got a great price on Z class ticket, and considering they are worlds current best. Yes a stop over but the premium terminal is apparently worth seeing.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Etihad for me there stopover is almost half way so it is next best to direct flight for me, and they are usually about the cheapest.

That dam countdown timer's not workin, but i'll be touchin down pussy on christmas day.

Eva's my favourite. Straight flight from London, no stop over ,sleep all the way to Bangkok. Cute stewardess's!

Price dictates tho, so don't always have a choice.

Flew Qatar last time and have to say they were awesome. Probably the best I've been with. Loads of leg room ( i,m tall long legs, 6" 2).Even the food was pretty good!

Some thing's baby i just can't swallow,

Momma told me that girls are hollow..

Uhuhh...whats inside a girl....?? Lux Interior

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/91866-first-port-of-call/page__fromsearch__1

CountdownClockCodes.com

Eva's my favourite. Straight flight from London, no stop over ,sleep all the way to Bangkok. Cute stewardess's!

Flew Qatar last time and have to say they were awesome. Probably the best I've been with. Loads of leg room ( i,m tall long legs, 6" 2).Even the food was pretty good!

Qatars problem is that their motors are not fitted out in an identical fashion. I've sat on their A340-600 with a 35" inch seat pitch down to 777 from memory that was around 30" in seat pitch.

Frequently others make the same remarks with this carrier....

Singapore Airlines for me, although it's a bit annoying having to go past Thailand to then almost back on yourself to Bangkok when flying from London, but being in the A380 for first leg is great. Great service and the female flight attendants look great.

116kf4i.jpg

EVA isn't a bad airline at all, and it's direct from London.

343k7pz.jpg

Emirates for me, stop over in Dubai about halfway allows me top up the nicotine, the A380 to BKK very comfortable, great personal entertainment and the lower part iof the price range for me

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

My current favourite airline is Etihad has they offer great in flight service.

If I didn't fly with them I would be happy flying with Emerates airline has they are also very very good

Etihad for me there stopover is almost half way so it is next best to direct flight for me, and they are usually about the cheapest.

I have to agree with you, I have my next trip for songran next year booked with them again. Up until last week the flights for next April were as cheap as €670 a great price. They are now €780 which is still not bad. A short stop over in Abu Dhabi with just enough time for a bite to eat so no long waiting around for connecting flights. They were voted world airline of the year in 2009 and 2010 so their service is not bad either.

I'm flying with Malaysia Airlines for the first time in a couple of months, they any good?

My current favourite airline is Etihad has they offer great in flight service.

If I didn't fly with them I would be happy flying with Emerates airline has they are also very very good

I looked at them but for when I want to go Mar to Apr 2012 - 30% more expensive £867 against £669 and Gatwick more convinient for me (I can put that £198 to better use)

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

I prefer to fly non stop to Bangkok, Timms I have used Eva both Evergreen Deluxe Class and Business, although the seats in Evergreen are bigger than Economy they are not the same as Business, but I agree they are good value.

On Board I would say both Thai and Eva have very similar Business class services, and Eva is normally cheaper , but for me usually I choose to fly Thai, because I prefer the flight times, arriving early morning and leaving just after midnight ( this extends a short holiday and gives you two extra afternoons by the pool or Soi 6 ... ) also when leaving Bangkok, Thai has their own Business terminal and it usually takes 5 mins from arriving, to checkin , do immigration and be sipping your first drink in the lounge

If BA were cheaper I would look to use them, but for me they have priced themselves too high..

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Whats your favorite airline? and why?

As im from Holland we got Eva air (Taiwan Airline), Its the competitor of China Airlines.

Why Eva air? It has great and great service.. nice staff on board, nice food, and from Amsterdam a flight without a stop.

I always choose for the "Evergreen Deluxe Class" This distinction eva air with other airlines, Its a class that sits between Buisness and Economy.. You have a buisness seat and boarding like buisness + you can carry 25kg of luggage, Only not the service on board as the buissnes class.

And it's pretty affordable.. Prices of this flight are most of the time 800 / 900€

What about u guys?

A couple correction on Eva air.

The seats are wider, but definitely not as wide as business class as I have sat in all 3 classes on Eva.

On luggage, I believe EACH person is allowed 2 luggage at 50 lbs each (or around 22KG) for US (they have different weight system for different country).

http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/english/tips/Airport_service/Baggage/Baggage/#a3

jet airways, amazing service, lovely attendants, never ever been let down in 6 trips with them. however i do like eva air too cos you dont have to stop but if jet did direct it would be jet every time. they dont skimp on the drinks either, i drink as much as i like and never been told to calm down (i drink a lot). jet airways are brilliant. i love them i love them i love them!!!

Etihad are great for service on board. Oman Air offer the best leg room in cattle class, and I also like Finnair although service is pretty average because CDG > HEL > BKK is very practical with a very short lay over.

Ex board addict.

Eva everytime (5 x in 2 years) I've always found a good deal with alot of searching. Their equivalent to Premium Economy is very good value. i.e. this Xmas cheaper than any other economy direct flight. I'm larger than average and even in the economy seats I manage to sleep (very unusual for me)

Not mentioned before are the flight times, Eva leaves LHR about 9pm and BKK about 1pm very civilised for those who don't like the early bird flights.

I've always found the service fine and never had a delay.

18 days and counting....happy days

Thai-airways

It's for the most the cheapest (and best) choice for direct flights

Staff is beautiful, and it is like you are almost in Thailand when you board the plane.

Free today - Pay tomorrow

Was gonna use Jet airways for my next trip in March, but left it a little too long to get s good price....was quoted £760 plus some new bullshit transit tax to get out of Delhi ...WTF is that?..didnt have that last year !!!...anyway fucked them off and chose Emirates instead ....Is that right, they use the 380 for the second leg?

Oman air for me, service and comfort are the best i have had for a long time.

Don't mind the stop at seeb as it's only a shot time.

The only niggle is the 0630 start from bkk

I'm a confirmed EVA fan mainly because of the direct flight (always in economy from London Heathrow to Bangkok return). The 777 aircraft have the inflight screen to watch and entertain and a straightforward service from the cabin crew always makes it a relatively painless experience.

You can log out anytime you like but you can never leave.

babydollsaddict.gif

I looked at them but for when I want to go Mar to Apr 2012 - 30% more expensive £867 against £669 and Gatwick more convinient for me (I can put that £198 to better use)

Yes Price is very important but one of the things I like about Etihad is the flight times. Later this month I fly with Etihad to Thailand for Christmas and New Year. I take off from Manchester airport at 8:50 in the morning and arrive at Bangkok airport at 6:50 in the morning the next day. So I will be in Pattaya before mid-day. So if I am feeling tired I can rest in the afternoon before going out at night.

When I fly home my return flight is at 20:05 in the evening which means I can have a lie in at my hotel after my last night in Pattaya before going to the airport. And I arrive back at manchester airport at 6:15 the next day. So I will be back home early in the morning.

Another good thing is that when I fly out I only spend 1 hour 50 minutes in transit at Abu Dhabi airport. And when I fly home I only spend 2 hours 25 minutes in transit at Abu Dhabi airport.

So there are a lot of things to consider when you book a flight and when deciding if an airline is a good one or not

Cathay Pac.

Fond memories of leaving the Midwest in the late afternoon and catching the redeye out of LAX. Easy to fall asleep when it's the right time of day. You wake-up to breakfast, a quick stop in Hong Kong and you are in LOS before you know it.

Edited by Sa-teef
If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind. John Stuart Mill
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/john_stuart_mill

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person

than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."  John Stuart Mill

EVA were my fav due to getting a business seat at good price, flew the past 3 trips with EVA. Always got a good deal on a Z class ticket but when looking at them for next March they were looking crazy money.

So my new favourite is Qatar, once again got a great price on Z class ticket, and considering they are worlds current best. Yes a stop over but the premium terminal is apparently worth seeing.

I've flown Eva about 10 times over the last 5 years ... very good service in business but it's been difficult finding seats a busy times since they cut business from 42 seats to 24 seats .... Qatar is good despite the stop over exactly half way to BKK from LHR and have good deals at the moment

This trip (tomorrow) I'm on Finnair so I'll let you know !

SJL