Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

mr t taxi scam

zakooo

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zakooo

• jojomecanic

• alstaxi

• Mr.T

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have used Mr T for over six years without any problems. I used him for airport as well as other trips around Thailand. Very reasonable and reliable.

Daylight was something God made so that life was not one endless party.

Nutosf

I've used Mr T a few times. But last time in Feb I had a maniac driver from Mr T who drove about 140 km/h and if someone was in front of him in the fast lane, he would tailgate about 3 feet behind the guys bumper and flash his lights. I was not in a hurry and did not tell him to drive fast. I was not impressed him driving like such an asshole and risking my life with his reckless driving getting to the airport and will therefore not use Mr T again.

I know that feeling! That's not just a Mr T thing... thats with taxis across asia. I've had some frightening rides in China, Cambodia, Vietnam. Almost always there is a language barrier that makes it impossible to get the driver to slow down. I think 25% of it is a driver motivated to maximize the number of fares they can log in a day (downside of a fixed price I reckon) and the other 75% is some sort of macho thing.

I have had great service from Mr T, although I would certainly welcome any hints on how to get a crazy taxi driver to sloooowww down. Note: I'm as impatient as the next guy to get to that TG pussy, but I want to get there alive!

A little late but I use Mr. T for all my trips.

I had booked Mr. T and made no mention of the amount of people. When I booked it was just me. On the flight to Bangkok I was approached by a person who asked, are you heading to Pattaya, you want to share a taxi.

I explained my booking and we had no issue with Mr. T taking us to our destinations. Mind you we told him we would tip him well. Ended up paying him 1400 baht on a 1000 fee.

I am not one for surprises and I personally felt that a 400 baht tip would calm the driver. Had no issue, he dropped the stranger and then me. I am surprised you had any issue.

I am a fat kid in a sweet shop, I just cannot choose and want it all.

Can't believe this topic is still alive, whatever Mr T is one of the most professinal I met in the Pattaya taxi business. Forgot my rather expensive 3G phone on the way down and usin a cheap one in Pat I didn't notice until 5 days later. Went down to his office and he immediatly identify the driver, call him and after 5 minut in rather angry thai he simply announced " you have your phone back in 20 minut"

Despite a few BM had minor hick-ups I can only recommend Mr. T highly and will use his services as long as standard is what it has been for years.

Kandinsky

Bell Bus, Bell Bus, Bell Bus every time, 200 baht Airport to hotel doorstep, fantastic service, use it all the time

That's 800 baht of free beer, awesome!

http://www.belltravelservice.com/

good if you don't arrive in the middle of nite like I always do :Flying:

Bell Bus, Bell Bus, Bell Bus every time, 200 baht Airport to hotel doorstep, fantastic service, use it all the time

That's 800 baht of free beer, awesome!

http://www.belltravelservice.com/

Bell great if your timing matches up... but I will pay the 800bht to gte me to Patts 4hrs earlier!

Bell great if your timing matches up... but I will pay the 800bht to gte me to Patts 4hrs earlier!

Yes totally agree mate, I've used mr t for many years when it's not convenient to catch the bell bus, but last november my flight arrived at 7.30 morning, although i was booked on the 10 o'clock bus managed to catch the 8 o'clock one and was in my hotel just after 10 and having a beer on Soi 6 at 12 o'clock You can't knock that service for 200baht.

Not all people who travel to Patts have money to burn, I'm certainly not tight with my money but saving 800baht and arriving at the hotel 30 minutes later than the taxi is acceptable for me.

When I travel with my two mates, i use mr t then it makes sense.

• 1 month later...

Never used Mr T but have booked one of his taxi's to pick me up on the 20th due to reading these posts.

1,000's and 1,000's of runs to Pattaya and back and they get around 4-5 bad reviews to me that looks like an excellent run company.

I'm sorry for any problem

I've so many driver (more than 50 drivers) some of them are bad guys

i've sacked a lot of driver who do a bad thing

but I really don't know everything that my driver did to customer

a lot of people came to praised them

but a few only came to complaint

so i needs your help

Please tell me your problem so I cam improve by give a warning to my driver or just sack him!!

my number is available 24 hours and have 3 numbers that you can call if needs taxi or needs some help

Mr T

Thanks for coming on the board and responding to the concerns posted.

I have used your services several times now, and would like to offer the following observations.

The Good;

Your drivers are, in my experience, unfailingly punctual. I have never needed to wait around or look for my driver, which is one of the last things I want to do after a 16hr journey.

They also have an excellent knowledge of Pattaya, always taking me straight to my hotel with no dramas or time spent running around or trying to get directions.

The Bad;

They drive to fast. While I do want to get to Pattaya as soon as possible, the thing is, I do actually want to get there safely. Travelling at 140 - 160 kph in Thai traffic can be a hair raising experience, and not one I enjoy.

They tailgate the driver in front. Along with excessive speed this is a recipe for disaster, as there is no chance they could stop or take evasive action should it be required. They need to leave more room in front.

They weave from lane to lane so as to avoid the other traffic and maintain their excessive speeds. I personally had a near death experience with one of you drivers one nights where his foolish speed and weaving led to us skidding to a stop on the dirt verge of an exit ramp after another vehicle changed lanes. This episode was entirely your drivers fault.

While I applaud your dedication to your customers, ultimately these issues reside squarely with you. Could I suggest that you provide some training for new driving staff that explains how us falang have different expectations from Thais when it comes to drivers. Explain to them that this is a cultural thing, but ultimately that we are the customer and they need to provide a level of service that we are happy with.

Points to convey to your drivers;

1) Keep their speed down to a maximum of 120 kph

2) Maintain a safe distance between their vehicle and the one ahead. 3 seconds is a good guideline.

3) Don't swap and weave between lanes, and if you do need to change lanes indicate first for a couple of seconds

I hope you take this feedback in the spirit it is offered; trying to assist you in improving your business and the service you offer to your customers

Best regards

GeeMan

Mr T

Thanks for coming on the board and responding to the concerns posted.

I have used your services several times now, and would like to offer the following observations.

The Good;

Your drivers are, in my experience, unfailingly punctual. I have never needed to wait around or look for my driver, which is one of the last things I want to do after a 16hr journey.

They also have an excellent knowledge of Pattaya, always taking me straight to my hotel with no dramas or time spent running around or trying to get directions.

The Bad;

They drive to fast. While I do want to get to Pattaya as soon as possible, the thing is, I do actually want to get there safely. Travelling at 140 - 160 kph in Thai traffic can be a hair raising experience, and not one I enjoy.

They tailgate the driver in front. Along with excessive speed this is a recipe for disaster, as there is no chance they could stop or take evasive action should it be required. They need to leave more room in front.

They weave from lane to lane so as to avoid the other traffic and maintain their excessive speeds. I personally had a near death experience with one of you drivers one nights where his foolish speed and weaving led to us skidding to a stop on the dirt verge of an exit ramp after another vehicle changed lanes. This episode was entirely your drivers fault.

While I applaud your dedication to your customers, ultimately these issues reside squarely with you. Could I suggest that you provide some training for new driving staff that explains how us falang have different expectations from Thais when it comes to drivers. Explain to them that this is a cultural thing, but ultimately that we are the customer and they need to provide a level of service that we are happy with.

Points to convey to your drivers;

1) Keep their speed down to a maximum of 120 kph

2) Maintain a safe distance between their vehicle and the one ahead. 3 seconds is a good guideline.

3) Don't swap and weave between lanes, and if you do need to change lanes indicate first for a couple of seconds

I hope you take this feedback in the spirit it is offered; trying to assist you in improving your business and the service you offer to your customers

Best regards

GeeMan

I second that assessment completely. Always use Mr T service.. and always will. Drivers are on time, never try to rip you off, & know exactly where to go...

but, as Geeman said, they always drive much too fast and dangerously. I understand that this is normal for Thailand but foreign visitors don't appreciate it. I'd much rather arrive 15 mins later without being scared to death the entire ride.

I still don't get the guys who pay for a Taxi to patts or bkk to patts.

I book my own flights and always get into town at 11:30ish am, I usually endure a layover

at LAX so I get the flight that gets me into town when I can take either the Bell Bus or the

Jomtien bus.

After I travel 26-28 hours a extra hour is squat.

That said I did have one , out of 11 trips got into town at mid-night, and did need a taxi .

I haggled the taxi tout down to 1Kb off to patts no problem.

So ten trips , saving about 8Kb

Just my 2 satang :)

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

I book my own flights and always get into town at 11:30ish am, I usually endure a layover

at LAX so I get the flight that gets me into town when I can take either the Bell Bus or the

Jomtien bus.

That said I did have one , out of 11 trips got into town at mid-night, and did need a taxi .

The reason I use Mr T is that I frequently arrive in Bangkok around 11pm, after the Bell bus has finished its runs for the day.

BTW, my comments were not about the pro's and con's of Mr T vs. Bell bus, as that is very much a personal choice up to the individual. When I arrive in the afternoon I also use the Bell bus.

Cheers

GeeMan

Jomtien bus.

My flight always gets in around 15.30 hours (Thai or Eva) and by the time i have collected my case and gone through customs it is usually 16.10 so if i was to use Bell Bus i would need to wait till 18.00 hours. That is the reason i use Mr T as i am in Pattaya by 17.45 hours. :GoldenSmile1:

My flight always gets in around 15.30 hours (Thai or Eva) and by the time i have collected my case and gone through customs it is usually 16.10 so if i was to use Bell Bus i would need to wait till 18.00 hours. That is the reason i use Mr T as i am in Pattaya by 17.45 hours. :GoldenSmile1:

Ditto that

www.lcfc.com

www.leicestertigers.com

Posted Image

CountdownClockCodes.com

I just booked a taxi from airport to Jomtien . Got confirmation and a warning as follows;

Remark..(Danger).(You see my driver arleady please ask him from Mr XXXX Pattaya or not and get my driver call me and you speak with me or with my staff for SURELY,because some time have Guided ghost or Fraud COPY your name and pick up you before my driver to pattaya is same,But the price is not same sir Maybe more)or big problem for you.

Looks like there are some very enterprising taxi drivers and competion must be fierce to go to such an act of deception.

I pity the fool that tries to bad mouth mr t

I've heard mr t's name a few times away from the a-team and it's nice to see he handles his business like a gent, I'll use his taxi service when I'm next over

when I have had a driver who was going too fast, I just tell him slow down,

100 to 120 max, and he always did

I used Mr. T again this trip, nice car and nice driver

you can all say wot you like but a scam is a scam 33% for a suitcase is taking the piss now very happy with my new taxi service.