Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

mr t taxi scam

zakooo

i booked a car for 2 people and agreed 1000b.2 have more baggage than1 the car he sent was big enough for 2 people and all 3 cases went in the back.i got charged 1300b i did not get the service i payed for at the price i agreed end of.

so my driver charge you more 300 Baht right?

can you tell me when you booked your taxi ?

I can return 300 THB for you If my driver do that I'll sack him (I mean he'll not receive my jobs anymore)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zakooo

• jojomecanic

• alstaxi

• Mr.T

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know, this really bothers me.

A board member has a beef with a business, but rather than contact the proprietor directly, they puke all over them here on the board.

Mr. T has an excellent reputation on this board, which he has earned by providing a good service for many board members over a long period of time.

That hard-earned reputation can be badly damaged by threads like this, especially given the title of the thread.

All over a whopping $10US? Gimme a break.

Mr. T has responded in a professional manner, as many of us expected.

At the very least, I hope the OP can go back and change the thread title to something that is less incendiary.

All of this could have been avoided if the OP had called Mr. T before he posted. It would have taken less time, less energy, and less angst.

My $0.02.

Like another poster, I suspect some of his drivers are contract drivers. Seems Mr T still has very good reputation on this board...

I would think the driver was the issue not Mr T in relation to the OP's issue. It appears some comment re Mr T coming and defending himself on this

I would think driver was the issue is the same as Mr. T was the issue. :-) I mean BM relies on the him or his organization?

If the BM relies on Mr. T himself, then perhaps in the future BM should have accept no substitute. :-) That said, if it's Mr.T's organization that BM is depending on then I would go as far as saying "driver issue is the same as Mr. T Issue". Otherwise, why not just get on any old taxi that's in queue?

If my driver do anything wrong I'll punish him

yes , you can says Driver issue is the same as Mr.T issue

but i can't know what ever my driver did.

I have more than 50 drivers who joined me (Sacked many already)

like a big company

If one of the Central Pattaya employee do anything wrong I will not think they all will be the same .

bad guys have in every country , every business , every ... whatever

If my driver do anything wrong I'll punish him

yes , you can says Driver issue is the same as Mr.T issue

but i can't know what ever my driver did.

I have more than 50 drivers who joined me (Sacked many already)

like a big company

If one of the Central Pattaya employee do anything wrong I will not think they all will be the same .

bad guys have in every country , every business , every ... whatever

Agreed. It's how a business is run and how a "complain" is handled. Every company will have bad employee. That's a fact. It's how the company deal with these "bad employee" that's damaging the company's reputation.

i booked a car for 2 people and agreed 1000b.2 have more baggage than1 the car he sent was big enough for 2 people and all 3 cases went in the back.i got charged 1300b i did not get the service i payed for at the price i agreed end of.

You agreed to 1k with mr. t, then he sent you mr. scam, and he scammed you out of 300 baht, if you want mr scam to pick you up again, simply continue to use mr. t.

try mr. boon, +66819039176, he has not sent me mr. scam, yet.

dont force it, get a bigger hammer.

I have to agree with the general consensus of opinion which is that it is wrong to publicly smear shit all over Mr T when it is clearly not his fault personally.

Mr T has offered you a refund of more than he gets for the fare and as for the tolls, they are not Bt200 and if they were no one could afford to travel if they are a Thai national and from memory there are 3 tolls and I only ever noticed them handing over very small notes and one maybe two or them.

As has been mentioned by Mr T himself, he has many drivers and if one asks for more than is agreed then you take it up with him and he will not give any more fares to the drivers in question so it gets them where it hurts. Their pocket.

And as for another semi-flaming comment about Mr T and not using him again etc from BM alstaxi. Your name wouldn't be ALS Taxi would it? Also displaying a Thai flag on your profile? Call me suspicious but I would believe you are possibly a competitor taxi so I am disregarding any comment you make

I have used Mr T 22 times (11 holidays x 2 taxi's) and have nothing but good things to say about his service and he neither knew I was a Pattaya Addict BM or a PA Moderator so he could not be accused of giving me preferential treatment.

I was picked up on time, at the appropriate place that was agreed and on my last trip my flight was 50 minutes late in arriving at BKK and the driver was still there waiting for me.

Mr T is the taxi of choice by the vast majority of the forum so you would have read many many bad reports if this was a regular thing to happen.

in summary I am sorry you got scammed and I understand you are angry but your anger is misdirected and if you give Mr T the time and pick up point he will deduce who the driver was and take appropriate action but it is absolutely wrong to blame him in open forum unless he did nothing to help you after you called or emailed him to make a complaint.

Why do people blame the person that got scammed? The op has now trained a driver to be a scammer, gimme a fucking break. The driver is a cunt, saw a chance to get extra baht and took it, NOT the passengers fault, unless you use the , he came to Thailand so it must be his fault logic.

I used Mr. T for years for myself as well, for many many friends and family, arriving and departing, excellent service, but he does use sub contractors, and it can be hit and miss. No show one 4am pick up, substitute arrived at 5 no problem, Then we got a miserable cunt that refused to drop someone off on suk road on the way to the airport WTF, All drivers are more than willing to stop anywhere you want, its a long way to swampy, never a problem, this guy was another matter. Called MR. t and reply was huh?explained it many times, not happy with driver, and no answer,I would not ride wth that prick across the street, so no more mr. t for me..

I have to agree with the general consensus of opinion which is that it is wrong to publicly smear shit all over Mr T when it is clearly not his fault personally.

Mr T has offered you a refund of more than he gets for the fare and as for the tolls, they are not Bt200 and if they were no one could afford to travel if they are a Thai national and from memory there are 3 tolls and I only ever noticed them handing over very small notes and one maybe two or them.

As has been mentioned by Mr T himself, he has many drivers and if one asks for more than is agreed then you take it up with him and he will not give any more fares to the drivers in question so it gets them where it hurts. Their pocket.

And as for another semi-flaming comment about Mr T and not using him again etc from BM alstaxi. Your name wouldn't be ALS Taxi would it? Also displaying a Thai flag on your profile? Call me suspicious but I would believe you are possibly a competitor taxi so I am disregarding any comment you make

I have used Mr T 22 times (11 holidays x 2 taxi's) and have nothing but good things to say about his service and he neither knew I was a Pattaya Addict BM or a PA Moderator so he could not be accused of giving me preferential treatment.

I was picked up on time, at the appropriate place that was agreed and on my last trip my flight was 50 minutes late in arriving at BKK and the driver was still there waiting for me.

Mr T is the taxi of choice by the vast majority of the forum so you would have read many many bad reports if this was a regular thing to happen.

in summary I am sorry you got scammed and I understand you are angry but your anger is misdirected and if you give Mr T the time and pick up point he will deduce who the driver was and take appropriate action but it is absolutely wrong to blame him in open forum unless he did nothing to help you after you called or emailed him to make a complaint.

Take the time to read my posts did you? I have lived in Jomtien for 10 years, prior to that in Canada.I do not have a taxi service of any kind, so your suspicions are quite incorrect, please try to get your facts straight before you disregard anyones posts.

I disagree with those who say the op should not have damaged Mr T's reputation.

On the contrary, Mr T has weighed in and is going to make it right.

This only enhances his reputation if you ask me.

I also think it's good to post things like this so that new members will be aware of the ways scams are carried out.

My hat's off to Mr T.

Take the time to read my posts did you? I have lived in Jomtien for 10 years, prior to that in Canada.I do not have a taxi service of any kind, so your suspicions are quite incorrect, please try to get your facts straight before you disregard anyones posts.

As I said "I believe" not "You are" , but I think it was s fair initial guess considering your board name is alstaxi but if I am wrong then I apologise.

As I said "I believe" not "You are" , but I think it was s fair initial guess considering your board name is alstaxi but if I am wrong then I apologise.

You were quite wrong, apology accepted, thank you.

Prior to your post i had pm'd mr. t to clear up the "last booking", if the offending driver has been sacked, I Will gladly return to his service, as I said, it was excellent.

I also operate a similar buisness to mr T in melbourne / Australia

We are also in a situation as mr t where sometimes we can not do all the jobs ourselfs and have to hand out work to other drivers (but we dont make a commision ) just accomodate the customer/client for their airport transfers.

There is an unwritten rule between all drivers not to try to pinch customers from a person giving you that job & also to treat that client as if they were your own and to give them the best service possible.

If a driver has done something thats not ethicle or wrong the best person to tell is the driver/company you have booked with & for them to handle the issue AND THEY WILL.

1st call MrT

Explain the issue

If still not satisfied with the result ...................... then complain on this board

Also Mr T

Would it be possible for you to post pictures of the types of vehicles you have & also the cost between Pattaya-Bkk Bkk-Pattaya for each vehicle including all tolls and costs, This would give customers a better idea of the type of vehicle needed for their trip.

December 17 2011 ....... The day Pattaya will be invaded by THE_GUN

The OP is obviously not a poor person, but posts something inflammatory about someones business over a trivial, paltry 300bt?

Without first giving that person a chance to defend himself.

Some people I am very pleased I will never ever have to meet.

I have used Mr.T for numerous trips over the years, never been let down, never scammed, never disappointed, always there, always agreed price,always will book again.......

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

I would think driver was the issue is the same as Mr. T was the issue. :-) I mean BM relies on the him or his organization?

If the BM relies on Mr. T himself, then perhaps in the future BM should have accept no substitute. :-) That said, if it's Mr.T's organization that BM is depending on then I would go as far as saying "driver issue is the same as Mr. T Issue". Otherwise, why not just get on any old taxi that's in queue?

As the driver is the "face" of Mr T's business, from Mr T's statements he appears displeased one of his drivers seems to have overcharged his customer, and is willing to take steps to "punish" that driver. So indeed now Mr T is aware of this issue, he is now making it his issue and taking steps in relation to it.....surely shows a proactive business owner protecting his businesses good reputation. I still think the OP should have approached Mr T directly for his comment.

Mr T as our driver.....good idea....how bout it Mr T? :GoldenSmile1:

Mr T from my own (limited) experience and the vast majority of others I see recommending his service, agree Mr T provides a trustworthy and reliable service...thats why not to use any old taxi.

Jan 2011, I was fresh meat for the grinder...no longer the fresh meat....but I love the grinder

"Anyway, up to me, yes?" - Photog88 - Nov 2010

"If Im going to Disneyland ......................... I want to go on all the rides" - The_Gun Nov 2011

"Up to you.....your money" Thai gogo girl whispering in my ear encouraging me to choose her over her "sister"...... October 2011

Ash

I have used MR T on a number of occasions, always make a note of the price quoted, only once did a driver ask 200baht more when i asked what the fare was, he quickly backed down when i said i would check with MT T. i would happily recommend his services to anyone

I used Mr T way back in Jan 09 for my1st trip. He came highly recommended on the board back then & gave a professional response with a map of the airport & instructions. When we (3) got there, there wasn't enough room in the boot for 3 suitcases so spent an uncomfortable journey with a suitcase on my lap with the driver complaining that I scratching his dashboard.

A newbie mistake but we didn't know about the LPG tanks in the boots over here as they were unheard of in the UK.

Second trip I booked again & he took too long to respond to the email, which he used to be famous for, so I booked with PT instead. Turned out they 'are the same company for booking' as Mr T told me & I've used them on subsequent occasions with a good experience. Once a driver waited 2 hours when my plane was late & had to pay 200B in parking charges!

I use Bell now, or rather did before I moved here but last March I tried to book with PT as my flight was arriving late. He didn't respond, as I found out, because his email on the website is stated [email protected] rather than the correct one [email protected]; details details!

sgu_banner.gif

You were quite wrong, apology accepted, thank you.

Prior to your post i had pm'd mr. t to clear up the "last booking", if the offending driver has been sacked, I Will gladly return to his service, as I said, it was excellent.

I am happy to stand cap in hand because I was wrong my friend. (about you) but I have never been let down by mr T and I appreciate you taking the time to PM me and explain your situation.

You are in fact a Sir and I appreciate the banter because I was sick of Mr T having to defend himself.

if Mr T says he will sack him I believe Mr T,

Thanks for your valuable input.

I'm glad to see the amount of support that Mr T has received in this thread, especially as it's become transparent that the issue revolves around a rogue contract driver and not the business model in general. I think it comes as no surprise to the majority of us that Mr T is more than happy to refund the 300THB involved as well as deal with the driver by denying him any further fares.

For those who are worrying about the service, here's my little story.

Last May I was sitting in my hotel lobby at 4am watching the water rise in Soi Buakhao due to an all-night storm. Cars were no longer passing by, the Baht-buses were struggling to get along, and the water was lapping over the 4 steps of my Hotel's entry. Frankly, I expected to be missing my flight at that point.

Not only did Mr T's driver turn up on time, but a minivan arrived instead of a car, and this was backed up to the hotel steps so that I could board without getting so much as a wet toenail.

Above and beyond the call of good service, and Mr T is assured I will always use his vehicles for transfers.

It's a shame the OP had an unfortunate experience with a dodgy driver. Sadly, even the best of businesses in LOS fall foul of a rogue employee now and again. Mr T will still get my vote for prompt, efficient, and fairly priced taxi services for my trips to Pattaya.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Second trip I booked again & he took too long to respond to the email, which he used to be famous for, so I booked with PT instead. Turned out they 'are the same company for booking' as Mr T told me & I've used them on subsequent occasions with a good experience. Once a driver waited 2 hours when my plane was late & had to pay 200B in parking charges!

Actually PT is run by someone who use to work for Mr T and tried to screw him over by telling people to use PT instead and that they are the same. According to a post I read anyway in which Mr T said this himself. He would respond to bookings saying to book with PT and ignore bookings for Mr T.

Mr T is always my choice of Taxi and I have never, ever had a problem. As has been stated before in this thread (and others) there are always bad apples and the fact that Mr T will refund the overcharge and sack the driver responsible shows how committed he is to customer care.

Well done Mr T.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !