IGNORED

mr t taxi scam

zakooo

I arrive on the 22 november

is there anything about the bar girls and bar boys i should be careful about ?

havent been pattaya before

Wow!!!

You'd better read a lot the forum. There are tons of things about bargirl to know.

For Mr T Taxi, you should be ok.

If anything goes wrong, just go one floor under arrival (very easy) and you can get a taxi for 1,200b + highway toll (60b). The girls usualy try to charge you 1,500b, just stick to the 1,200b and that'll do.

But again, will be no problem with Mr T

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zakooo

• jojomecanic

• alstaxi

• Mr.T

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is there anything about the bar girls and bar boys i should be careful about ? ( im bi) and havent been pattaya before, thanks everyone

And your from Sydney , right ? lol

You will enjoy your trip I am sure , you'll have a ball, 2 in fact !

Just watch the LB's and read as much info as you can.

Btw Welcome to the board.

lets get this straight,i did not say mr t is a bad service i have used him many times with no problems,just that this time i got hit and i did not want any hassle because my wife was with me.i paid up not with a smile but the driver lost out as i normally tip 400b.i will not use him again.like me mr t runs is own firm and the buck stops with him.my firm in the uk is in the tourist trade i employ 40 staff and the buck stops with me or with my son when i am away which is most of the time.he does the work and i get the money.anyway enough time for a cold tiger or 3 cheers.

I had Mr T booked for sunday to pick me up from BKK to Pattaya. He didnt show up, waited 45 minutes then had to pay 2200 baht for taxi from airport. Not impressed and cannot recommend

I had Mr T booked for sunday to pick me up from BKK to Pattaya. He didnt show up, waited 45 minutes then had to pay 2200 baht for taxi from airport. Not impressed and cannot recommend

Damn. I'm arriving at 1AM. I will definitely e-mail him before i get on my flight so it's not forgotten.

I would also post my support for Mr T Taxi service. Booked through this board's recommendation as a first time traveller to Pattaya a few weeks ago. Driver waiting 1000b as advised. Even stopped on way to Pattaya so we could get some drinks.

Will use again when coming over for second and longer trip in February!

Did he confirm the pickup, and did you phone him to see what has happened? Whenever I have used Mr. T. he has confirmed by e-mail a couple of days beforehand and given me a number to ring in case of problems. If you didn't get a confirmation, then the booking probably went astray. If you didn't try to phone - maybe the guy was waiting for you at a different point. If you tried to phone but couldn't - then post here.

Edited by tode1640

Trip Reports:

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Mark Twain

total and utter bollocks you are talking through your arse.

Why do people blame the person that got scammed? The op has now trained a driver to be a scammer, gimme a fucking break. The driver is a cunt, saw a chance to get extra baht and took it, NOT the passengers fault, unless you use the , he came to Thailand so it must be his fault logic.

I used Mr. T for years for myself as well, for many many friends and family, arriving and departing, excellent service, but he does use sub contractors, and it can be hit and miss. No show one 4am pick up, substitute arrived at 5 no problem, Then we got a miserable cunt that refused to drop someone off on suk road on the way to the airport WTF, All drivers are more than willing to stop anywhere you want, its a long way to swampy, never a problem, this guy was another matter. Called MR. t and reply was huh?explained it many times, not happy with driver, and no answer,I would not ride wth that prick across the street, so no more mr. t for me..

dont force it, get a bigger hammer.

lets get this straight,i did not say mr t is a bad service i have used him many times with no problems,just that this time i got hit and i did not want any hassle because my wife was with me.i paid up not with a smile but the driver lost out as i normally tip 400b.i will not use him again.like me mr t runs is own firm and the buck stops with him.my firm in the uk is in the tourist trade i employ 40 staff and the buck stops with me or with my son when i am away which is most of the time.he does the work and i get the money.anyway enough time for a cold tiger or 3 cheers.

If mr t 's driver scammed you as you say, it is a bad service, he should not have scammers picking up customers, do not apologize for someone else being a crook.

Same story for me, one bad driver out of a 100, do not want that one bad driver, so no choice, no more mr t, had he actually done something about it, that would be a different story, but as far as I know the same prick is driving for him, no thanks.

Did he confirm the pickup, and did you phone him to see what has happened? Whenever I have used Mr. T. he has confirmed by e-mail a couple of days beforehand and given me a number to ring in case of problems. If you didn't get a confirmation, then the booking probably went astray. If you didn't try to phone - maybe the guy was waiting for you at a different point. If you tried to phone but couldn't - then post here.

Not everyone has a phone to call mr t, confirming is a good idea, was the guy waiting at another door 3??? cause there isnt one.

Surely you should have contacted Mr T at the time or at the very least later to tell him you are pissed off.

I am sure most of Mr T's drivers are subcontracted and the likelyhood of him getting anything out of this let alone 300 baht is highly unlikely.

If you haven't given him the chance to put things right you're not really being fair to him.

Not everyone has a phone to call mr t, confirming is a good idea, was the guy waiting at another door 3??? cause there isnt one.

I know that public phones are a rarity these days, but they do still exist - I darsay that if you ask at an information desk you could find one. I'm not suggesting that he was waiting at another door 3, I'm suggesting that maybe there was a communications foul-up and the driver was waiting at door 2 or door 4. Had you phoned Mr. T, then he would have phoned the driver and if it was this sort of foul-up then it could probably have been sorted out.

Trip Reports:

Mark Twain

Surely you should have contacted Mr T at the time or at the very least later to tell him you are pissed off.

I am sure most of Mr T's drivers are subcontracted and the likelyhood of him getting anything out of this let alone 300 baht is highly unlikely.

If you haven't given him the chance to put things right you're not really being fair to him.

I know that public phones are a rarity these days, but they do still exist - I darsay that if you ask at an information desk you could find one. I'm not suggesting that he was waiting at another door 3, I'm suggesting that maybe there was a communications foul-up and the driver was waiting at door 2 or door 4. Had you phoned Mr. T, then he would have phoned the driver and if it was this sort of foul-up then it could probably have been sorted out.

As I said, not everyone has a phone to contact mr. t. that would be the best way to correct a screw up, failing that the driver shud be at gate 3 at the right time, if you have given mr. t. your flight info and name, he will tell you to go to door 3 and look for your name, no driver, no phone, no ride. Information desk is a possibility,would not bet much on it , but maybe.

well i arrived back at bangkok airport on monday i week ago for my 5 months in the sun.i had booked mr t taxi for 2 people and agreed the fee 1000b.the driver met us and took us to the car,he then said you book small car or big car.i said i book car for 2 people for 1000b.ok i just phone mr t he said after which he said ok not big or small car 2 suitcases 1000b - 3 suitcases 1300b you can guess how many we had.i had no choice but to agree as my wife was with me.we both fitted into the car with our 3 cases no problem at all.also on monday no tolls to pay as all roads toll free due to floods so thats another 200b into his pocket.i hope you enjoy my 300b mr t because its the last you will get.with visa run we go to the airport 4 times a trip so i hope the 300b rip off was worth it,it beggers belief only in thailand. i have been coming 27 years and still get taken by surprise at the petty little scams.if my wife had not been there i would have told him to stick his taxi where the sun dont shine.

sorry if I scam someone

I'm sure not only that i asked for 1300 Baht for big car

if you have many luggage I'll ask how big is your luggage?

if it too big surely its can't put in the sedan , saloon etc. whatever.(happen often)

so i just offer you a choice

its customer choice

never scam anyone to book it

if you don't want you can walk away

Can't understand why on that time you didn't says anything.

but now just tell everyone to not use my company

I didn't get 300 Baht

I have to pay more to hire driver who drives Toyota Innova

I get nothing from this.

just 200 Baht per job

1000 Baht get 200

1300 Baht get 200

1600 Baht get 200

just to make sure that customer have comfortable car for passenger and luggage.

If can't put in sedan it will have problem . (very difficult to hire Innova )

Mr. T

Thanks for the clarification which, I believe, is very usefull for BM's when 2 or more arriving passanger share a taxi.

From all my booking with you, either on phone or face to face at the office in soi Diane I recall one of the two standard question " how many person or one person"

As I normally travel singel to airport I never really reflected on the question but you are absolutely right, the gas tank in a sedan don't leave much room for more than one or maximum two large suitcases and if more space need = bigger car = higher cost for the owner to drive big car = higher cost for the costumer, however total cost per passanger will be cheaper when car is shared between 3-4 or more. Make perfect sense to me when policy is informed up front

Each to his own and some guys feel comfortable knowing somebody's waiting for them at the airport.

But I can't see the advantage of booking a taxi if the driver is not there as you arrive and you have to run around to phone, and then wait an other 30mn for the car to come.

Knowing the fare is 1,200b downstairs with dozens of taximeters just waiting for customers, are you guys realy running after 200b difference ? then why not take the bellbus ?

i have had great experiences with mr ts 1000 to go down, 900 to go back 300 extra for bigger car aka golf clubs, have always been treated well

Each to his own and some guys feel comfortable knowing somebody's waiting for them at the airport.

But I can't see the advantage of booking a taxi if the driver is not there as you arrive and you have to run around to phone, and then wait an other 30mn for the car to come.

Knowing the fare is 1,200b downstairs with dozens of taximeters just waiting for customers, are you guys realy running after 200b difference ? then why not take the bellbus ?

It's like a lottery, some of Mr.T's driver has real comfortable cars which the taximeter car can be classified as

True. If this happened to me I would just shrug and go and get a taximeter (although, if it is busy they often won't budge from 1,500). All I was saying is that if there is a problem it would be better to phone Mr. T. and try to sort it out than post about it on a public forum. I have always had good experiences with Mr. T. and I suspect that this was almost certainly a genuine misunderstanding.

Trip Reports:

Mark Twain

I just came back from Thailand on Sep 23 and I used Mr T. Awesome, proffesional service. But the extra 300bht is a little confusing. I think it may just have been the driver, not Mr T's policy. When I took the service back to bangkok from Pattaya, I had booked a car for 2 people. Then the girl I was with wanted to come at the last minute, and the taxi driver said no problem at all. We just put the 3rd suitcase in the back seat with us, no hassles, no issues. I think this may just have been an unfortunate incident with this particular driver. I recommend talking to Mr T before posting, just to see what he says about the issue.

Also, I am booked to come back on December 28th and have booked Mr T both ways. Highly recomended.

Lloyd

I got Pattaya Limo from BKK to Patts, no problems and Mr T for the return journey and again no problems, doesn't sound like a scam to me just that maybe the OP should have asked more questions. I don't know if MR T has a website but Pattaya limo tell you on theirs that the more people you have traveling then the more you have to pay for your taxi, makes sense with more suitcases. As for the comment about pocketing the tolls, I don't think it's 300 baht tolls in the first place and even if it is I think it was a poorly chosen comment to make considering the hardship a lot of our Thai friends are enduring over the floods.

But look on the bright side, you normally tip 400 so with this scam you saved 100.

But look on the bright side, you normally tip 400 so with this scam you saved 100.

Great one ! Everything has been said...

i booked a car for 2 people and agreed 1000b.2 have more baggage than1 the car he sent was big enough for 2 people and all 3 cases went in the back.i got charged 1300b i did not get the service i payed for at the price i agreed end of.