IGNORED

mr t taxi scam

zakooo

well i arrived back at bangkok airport on monday i week ago for my 5 months in the sun.i had booked mr t taxi for 2 people and agreed the fee 1000b.the driver met us and took us to the car,he then said you book small car or big car.i said i book car for 2 people for 1000b.ok i just phone mr t he said after which he said ok not big or small car 2 suitcases 1000b - 3 suitcases 1300b you can guess how many we had.i had no choice but to agree as my wife was with me.we both fitted into the car with our 3 cases no problem at all.also on monday no tolls to pay as all roads toll free due to floods so thats another 200b into his pocket.i hope you enjoy my 300b mr t because its the last you will get.with visa run we go to the airport 4 times a trip so i hope the 300b rip off was worth it,it beggers belief only in thailand. i have been coming 27 years and still get taken by surprise at the petty little scams.if my wife had not been there i would have told him to stick his taxi where the sun dont shine.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zakooo

• jojomecanic

• alstaxi

• Mr.T

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That why I go on Pattaya Airport Bus .. No hassle and no Extra Charge, No toll charge... 124 bts non stop to Pattaya from Airport And the same return..

I've used Mr T for years, but this doesn't surprise me as everyone here will also try to rip us off if they get the opportunity.

Last year I booked for 3 with 3 medium bags 1000baht, but my mates TG showed up at the airport, so I asked the driver if we could bring her, it was a big 4x4 so there was no problem.

When we arrive at the hotel and he asked for 1,500baht. I know, my fault, should have asked him the price first. Needless to say I didn't give a fucking tip!

I still use Mr T, but I'm more careful now

Mr T is a member of the board and he should get a chance for his version. I been using Mr. T several time and never had an issue. Will book again next week and it's always same reply; 1000 from the airport, toll include - no restriction.

Can't say if his policy has changed since September but assume it would have been all over the board

Hmm... Before you damn the company, I suggest that you investigate a bit. As have many others on this board, I too have used Mr. T. many times and never had any problems. They do, however, employ quite a number of drivers (I presume subcontracted), and I don't think that I have ever had the same driver twice. It is quite possible that it was the driver trying it on. Mr. T. is very good abut responding to e-mails, I suggest that you query this with him. In the future, if you are likely to have multiple people and/or bags i suggest that you agree that with him before you arrive - and keep a printout handy just in cases the driver argues. Mr. T. has always provided me with a phone number in case of difficulty and had this happened to me I would have been straight on the phone.

Edited by tode1640

Trip Reports:

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Mark Twain

I too have used Mr T and NEVER had a problem in 6 trips with him. Very reliable and even allowed me to drop of girl friends at their rooms before proceeding to the airport.

Allways use him, in fact i booked him for my trip on the 20th, never had a problem myself.

Mr T is a member of the board and he should get a chance for his version. I been using Mr. T several time and never had an issue. Will book again next week and it's always same reply; 1000 from the airport, toll include - no restriction.

Can't say if his policy has changed since September but assume it would have been all over the board

Maybe a MOD could ask him to comment ( he may not be aware of the driver lining his pocket).

It will clearly damage his reputation if true I for one have recommended him to all of my customers and have never had any bad feed back from them.

:rolleyes:

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

I have never had a problem with MrT, used him twice from the airport, and also to Koh Samet.

Have got him booked to pick me up again from the airport on saturday :)

Earning money for my next Thai flight

Dont know whose taxi it was.. My mate two sisters from Ireland was on the way to Airport to fly home had a terrifying experience with the Taxi.. The Taxi man stopped on the half way and told them to hand over extra 500 bts or get the fuck out.. They paid him the money straight away because their flight is three hours away.. One of the sisters phoned their brother who had a home in Pattaya, he phoned to the Taxi owner and reported about the incident... Sacked him straight away... That was about three years ago..

Edited by jocky king

Never had a problem with Mr T in 6 years; though ONE driver tried it on as he drove us back to the airport. He was looking for an extra 200 bahts as we approached the tolls. I immediately took out my phone and started to dial Mr T. The driver turned round and kept saying "slorry, slorry" for the next 10 minutes!!!!

Mr T is honourable...so report any bad drivers directly to him.

I'll always use him.

i too have used mr t before without problem and thats why i did not carry is phone number with me.my wife comes first thats why had to agree to the extra 300b but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.if mr t is board member why does he not try to defend the undefendable

i too have used mr t before without problem and thats why i did not carry is phone number with me.my wife comes first thats why had to agree to the extra 300b but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.if mr t is board member why does he not try to defend the undefendable

You're the only one to blame, and next one to be scamed will be able to thank you as you trained this driver to scam people.

There are hundreds of taxis just one floor below, waiting for customers at 1,200b! Why didn't you just tell him "Ok, thank-you but I prefer going with the normal rate down stairs".

You let him charge you, you agreed, so this is not scam imo. It would have been scam if you had no choice.

You're the only one to blame, and next one to be scamed will be able to thank you as you trained this driver to scam people.

There are hundreds of taxis just one floor below, waiting for customers at 1,200b! Why didn't you just tell him "Ok, thank-you but I prefer going with the normal rate down stairs".

You let him charge you, you agreed, so this is not scam imo. It would have been scam if you had no choice.

total and utter bollocks you are talking through your arse.

I disagree. Mr T has a stellar reputation here, and if one of his drivers tarnished it, then it's up to Mr T to make it right or live with the consequences of the tarnished reputation. Personally I think he should respond to this thread and fix it with the OP.

Btw, I used MR T from BKK last Thursday and had no problem at all.

I've only used Mr T 3 times to date, but so far I have been exceedingly pleased. Had a minor problem my last return journey, booked for 7am...at 715 no car. Rang Mr T, think I woke him, he said 5 mins have car. I thought no way....but within about 5 mins there was a car for me. So Mr t will continue to get my business and my recommendation.

Like another poster, I suspect some of his drivers are contract drivers. Seems Mr T still has very good reputation on this board...

I would think the driver was the issue not Mr T in relation to the OP's issue. It appears some comment re Mr T coming and defending himself on this thread a bit rough, there are a massive number of daily posts on PA....even the most time free BM would have a hard time reading all the new posts without perhaps a heads up from someone else....

Could the OP email Mr T his concerns and let the board know his response?

Jan 2011, I was fresh meat for the grinder...no longer the fresh meat....but I love the grinder

"Anyway, up to me, yes?" - Photog88 - Nov 2010

"If Im going to Disneyland ......................... I want to go on all the rides" - The_Gun Nov 2011

"Up to you.....your money" Thai gogo girl whispering in my ear encouraging me to choose her over her "sister"...... October 2011

Ash

If you prefer being scamed and paying 1,300b instead of 1,200b, it's all up to you.

I don't understand your reaction and logic zakooo. jojomecanic was simply pointing out that if we all fall for these small scams the drivers continue to try it on with the next customer. If a price is already agreed with the service provider that is the price you should pay + a tip if you feel the service was worth it.

IMO the OP should have called Mr T and made a complaint to him who in turn could take appropriate action against his driver.

When talking like this to people who are trying to help you and give advice ... i understand why you got 'scammed' .

Change your attitude a little and live is much easier , especially in Thailand .

Naming 300 baht a scam let it ruin the first days of your holiday and making such a fuzz about it is a litltle pathetic IMO anyway .

Have a nice holiday :wink: .

well i arrived back at bangkok airport on monday i week ago for my 5 months in the sun

Come on mate, 80% of this guys country is under fucking water, likely including his own house and all the shit his wife and children own.

So you came for your 5 MONTHS in the sun and a week later you're still bent out of shape over loosing a few bucks ???

27 years eh?

Edited by TehVen

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace-Countdown-Clocks&flashLABEL=CountdownClockCodes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/9.jpg&text=Trip%201%20status%20%3D%20Success%20%21%0DTrip%202%20status%20%3D%20Songkran%20%21&untilColor=16777215&textColor=16777215&datesColor=16777215&year=2011&month=3&day=11&hour=19&minute=30&second=10&x=-26&y=122" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/">MySpace-Countdown-Clocks</a></small></center>

<center>If you want to get things done, you positively have to understand at any given point in time exactly what is the most important thing to get done right now, and if you're not doing it, you're not making progress at the fastest possible rate</center>

<center>TehVen - Film and TV VIP, Seeker of the Peace, Part-time Chandelier Cleaner, A legend in his own time, Oppressor of Champions, Soldier of Fortune, World Traveler, Bon Vivant, All around good guy, International lover, Casual Hero, Philosopher, Wars fought, Bears wrestled, Equations solved, Virgins enlightened, Revolutions quelled, Tigers castrated, Orgies organized, Bars quaffed dry, Governments run, Test rockets flown.

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life

</center>

I use Mr T no problems on any trip, except one time I had difficulty finding the driver and had not remembered to bring the contact number.

The lesson from this thread, I think, is to be clear on who is coming how many cases etc and Mr T can organise right vehicle. We got a minivan one trip probably had just dropped off, 1000B still. nice.but mostly its a small/medium sedan - no worries.

hi all you guys on this site, i have just this minute signed up hoping i can get some inside info on everything going on in pattaya, I arrive into bangkok at 1 AM on the 22 november and i heard about the bus from airport to pattaya but because of the time i arrive i went searching online for a taxi service ,that would meet me at airport and take me to pattaya, i dont feel like hanging around bangkok airport for 7 or 8 hours,, im not a good swimmer and who knows i may end up having to swim to pattaya if i delayed getting out of bangkok, hehehe , i booked that mr T taxi service and he has confirmed my booking, when i saw this post about him and the scam heading i got a shock ,, hoping all the good posts about his service is good also in my case..,, is there anything about the bar girls and bar boys i should be careful about ? ( im bi) and havent been pattaya before, thanks everyone