IGNORED

Lone Star Texas Grill - Opening September 2011 In Soi Lengkee

China Garden

I had the "Chicken Steak" or something along the lines of and the Chicken tenders..

The chicken tenders were awesome, nice white breast meat - the menu said they come with BBQ Sauce, mine came with mustard.

I asked to see the menu again after I had finished to confirm I had read it correctly - I had.

The staff were helpful, but it did take a little while to explain that the menu says BBQ, and they were brought out with mustard - which I have on my table tray anyway :GoldenSmile1:

The onion rings were good, although not enough for a fat boy like me.

The rice was spot on.

But the chicken steak came in some sort of cheese/white sauce and some bread batter - maybe this is what a chicken steak is, but I was just gee'd up for some nice white breast meat...

Instead I got grey, purple, brown chewy meat - not the chicken breast I know...

I am not having a dig at the place - maybe it's just a case of me 'misunderstanding' the menu... Either way, it did not taste good.

I will probably try something else one more time, but at the moment, for me - Tequila Reef has much better alternatives/similar dishes at better value prices to what I had.

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• China Garden

• marko456

• bar stool

• expatdude

If the quality and consistency matches the China Garden place I'm there.

Edited to get the name of China Garden right. DOH.

Edited by fatjack1

I had the "Chicken Steak" or something along the lines of and the Chicken tenders..

[edit for brevity]

But the chicken steak came in some sort of cheese/white sauce and some bread batter - maybe this is what a chicken steak is, but I was just gee'd up for some nice white breast meat...

Instead I got grey, purple, brown chewy meat - not the chicken breast I know...

I am not having a dig at the place - maybe it's just a case of me 'misunderstanding' the menu... Either way, it did not taste good.

I will probably try something else one more time, but at the moment, for me - Tequila Reef has much better alternatives/similar dishes at better value prices to what I had.

It sounds like you got chicken fried steak, which is a common thing in Texas. It's a pounded/tenderized cut of beef that is then breaded and fried.

If you are expecting chicken and get the steak it can be a bit offputting, but it's actually rather good if prepared well. The gravy is usally a standard

white gravy made with flour, milk, butter, and some salt & pepper.

Edited by DMustang

It sounds like you got chicken fried steak, which is a common thing in Texas. It's a pounded/tenderized cut of beef that is then breaded and fried.

If you are expecting chicken and get the steak it can be a bit offputting, but it's actually rather good if prepared well. The gravy is usally a standard

white gravy made with flour, milk, butter, and some salt & pepper.

Correct thats what it was, its was tenderized Beef "not chicken" and spot on again with the white gravy... It's a little confusing given the name but its popular in Texas! The menu did say "beef" not chicken, I had wondered when adding it if customers might be confused or disappointed

Texas Fried Chicken Steak

a tenderized “beef steak” breaded & fried like chicken with a choice of 2 sides & gravy on the side

Edited by Jolly Friar

Yeah, as I said I thought I had misread it.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I will try something else again.

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

Damn I forgot to go to your place on my las trip and by all accounts I missed out on a lot of good food.

I missed out on going to a lot of good bar's and reastaurants last trip because I never had a plan so I have written a list of must do's for my next trip (hopefully in April) and Loan Star is on the top of the list as I don't wanna eat Thai food every meal, some times a man has to simply have a big Fuck Off steak or some ribs.

I hope you have chilli sauce? The reason why I ask is I will probably take the TGF and as you know they put chilli on all food that aint spicy LOL so IMHO it will spoil the experience for her but you know Thai women LOL.

Looking forward to eating there mate.

Damn I forgot to go to your place on my las trip and by all accounts I missed out on a lot of good food.

I missed out on going to a lot of good bar's and reastaurants last trip because I never had a plan so I have written a list of must do's for my next trip (hopefully in April) and Loan Star is on the top of the list as I don't wanna eat Thai food every meal, some times a man has to simply have a big Fuck Off steak or some ribs.

I hope you have chilli sauce? The reason why I ask is I will probably take the TGF and as you know they put chilli on all food that aint spicy LOL so IMHO it will spoil the experience for her but you know Thai women LOL.

Looking forward to eating there mate.

Yes we have chilli sauce ! & a full Thai menu... Nothing worse then TGF poo poo 'ing where a man want to eat! hehe fuck eating MK or BBQ Plaza !!

Yeah, as I said I thought I had misread it.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I will try something else again.

I tried it when we was putting the menu together and personally its strange making a Chicken Steak with Beef .... but we went with it !

Try the Ribs or steaks.... hmmmmm lovely

I tried it when we was putting the menu together and personally its strange making a Chicken Steak with Beef .... but we went with it !

Try the Ribs or steaks.... hmmmmm lovely

With the name you've chosen you almost have to have Chicken Fried Steak, it's such a classic of Texan style cuisine. The only

thing I would suggest is to make sure you make it very obvious that you're getting beef and not chicken when you order it.

Do you offer Chicken Fried Chicken as well? The prep is exactly the same, other than the different meat inside, and when you have them

next to each other on the menu it makes it a little more obivous that there is a difference. Only catch is that you have to make sure that

when an order is taken, you get the right dish served (which is something that happens occasionally here in the States.)

Edited by DMustang

Will definitely check the place out. The only problem I have is when I come in the car with the family there is no parking. Do you have a deal with any of the places to offer parking for customers?

For the non-Americans out there, Chicken Fried Steak is a lot like Weinerschnitzel.

i might have to check this out next time i'm in town,

what happened to bob's?

i tried bob's a few times when bob was on site(5-6 yr ago), 1st time the food was fantastic and tender, ordered a couple of other times after and was dissapointed with food quality, even mentioned to bob and was told next time would be better, it wasnt, never tried again as even with better exchange rate back then bobs wasn't that competative for price, which would have been fine if food was consistantly good, so i'm a little concerned that lonestar has bob's old chef as ime bob's used to serve some iffy food and that's the chef's responsibilty, hope this place has high standards and maintains them, i look forward to giving it a shot

Also recently ate there.

Ordered the 1/2 rack slow cooked baby back ribs.

Portion was huge! Side fries and potato salad were nice.

Ribs were good. Nice meat, reasonably tender. Probably could have done with a bit more sauce / a bit more flavoursome sauce.

At about 295 baht for the Ribs, I felt it was good value for what was received. Soft drinks about 35 baht? Also well priced.

The seating was comfortable. The service staff were attentive. I liked the hot towel brought out with the meal (ribs) to clean your hands / face.

Overall i would eat here again and probably try the St Louis ribs.

I would have to say i am a bigger fan of Beef Ribs, as served by a favourite restaurant lower Soi 7.

Also recently ate there.

Ordered the 1/2 rack slow cooked baby back ribs.

Portion was huge! Side fries and potato salad were nice.

Ribs were good. Nice meat, reasonably tender. Probably could have done with a bit more sauce / a bit more flavoursome sauce.

At about 295 baht for the Ribs, I felt it was good value for what was received. Soft drinks about 35 baht? Also well priced.

The seating was comfortable. The service staff were attentive. I liked the hot towel brought out with the meal (ribs) to clean your hands / face.

Overall i would eat here again and probably try the St Louis ribs.

I would have to say i am a bigger fan of Beef Ribs, as served by a favourite restaurant lower Soi 7.

I am very happy you enjoyed your meal !! Beef ribs are very nice and actually we have around 100 kilo's up in the freezer, we just did not put them on the menu yet! But stay tuned as they will be added sooon :-)

With the name you've chosen you almost have to have Chicken Fried Steak, it's such a classic of Texan style cuisine. The only

thing I would suggest is to make sure you make it very obvious that you're getting beef and not chicken when you order it.

Do you offer Chicken Fried Chicken as well? The prep is exactly the same, other than the different meat inside, and when you have them

next to each other on the menu it makes it a little more obivous that there is a difference. Only catch is that you have to make sure that

when an order is taken, you get the right dish served (which is something that happens occasionally here in the States.)

We have a few chicken dishes but not Fried Chicken (KFC style), we just did not want the menu to go on and on and on and on .... I know its a very Southern Dish but it never made the cut !

Correct thats what it was, its was tenderized Beef "not chicken" and spot on again with the white gravy... It's a little confusing given the name but its popular in Texas! The menu did say "beef" not chicken, I had wondered when adding it if customers might be confused or disappointed

Texas Fried Chicken Steak

a tenderized “beef steak” breaded & fried like chicken with a choice of 2 sides & gravy on the side

In Texas, it's called "Chicken Fried Steak" or sometimes "Country Fried Steak" not Steak Fried Chicken.

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to go the other night, but no parking place, why don't you do a deal with one of the hotels opposite to alow

your punters to park there as there's always room and give them a few ribs

Central Pattaya as a whole has a problem with parking cars, the hotels across the road used to allow people to park at 40 baht but since more hotel customers are using cars they withdrew the service, I understand Opey De Place in Soi Lengkee has parking but its a general problem in Pattaya, I use my motorbike more then my car for the very same reason! sorry

We are in Door to Door and deliver ourselves !!

Edited by Jolly Friar

• 1 month later...

We have added some new "Daily Specials" to the Lone Star's Menu .. good food, good VFM

cheers

ian

poster.jpg

Jolly, can you comment on your tequila selection? Do you carry añejos and reposados? How about brands (Herradura, 1800, etc.)?

So many GGs like to order tequila in the bars, but of course it's always the really cheap stuff. It'd be nice to have a spot where you can get a really good sipping tequila along with the TexMex food.

LM

Hi mate,

I know what your talking about, I love a few shots of Patron Anejos myself. The problem is policing the staff, I do have a frozen margaritas machine with 3 tanks but its the tequila (sell for only 99 baht)

But I will add at least 1 Premium tequila to the menu this week and see how it goes ! Thanks for the idea

here is the current menu . .. most places charge 140 Baht for a Margaritas or give a small glass... we dont do either

LS-Margaritas-Menu.jpg

went there first time last trip...food and service both great!

MMC - Monster.Monger.Clique

certified whore & war monger

• 3 weeks later...

Good news I’m from Texas and I love eat so I will be glad to try your food and give you my advice ok pal.