IGNORED

Lone Star Texas Grill - Opening September 2011 In Soi Lengkee

China Garden

I am very pleased to announce a new restaurant coming to Soi Lengkee (just off Soi Baukaw), Lone Star Texas Grill will be opening in September 2011 aiming to provide excellent Texas style slow smoked BBQ Ribs, smoked chicken and other BBQ / grill foods along with some Mexican dishes & of course Margaritas !!

We have purchased Juice restaurant which was formerly and Irish restaurant under Pat but has changed hands several times over the past few year (next door to the Jolly Friar), we have closed the restaurant for renovations but aim to re- open as the Lone Star Texas Grill in 8 weeks time, I would like red brick walls, comfortable booths down one side and single tables down the other, similar colour scheme to the picture attached but smaller!

Now we are working on the smoking process for the ribs, chicken & pork and have already had some fantastic advice. In addition we are working on premium grade hamburgers made from prime beef & quality imported steaks, Mexican food will also be on the menu! We are investing in a frozen cocktail machine which will enable us to have frozen Margaritas on tap!

I am grateful for the help and advise BM's have given me in the past and hope that you will help me and contribute to the success of my new venture, thank you and I look forward to seeing some of you in the restaurant in the future!

Ian

Lone-Star.jpg

grill-tex.jpg

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• China Garden

• marko456

• bar stool

• expatdude

Will their be australian steaks?

sounds good mate will diffently give it a try

Will their be australian steaks?

Yes mate, I know we are a Texan grill but I doubt we can get Texas beef but I will be serving chilled Australian steak... I hope to be as good as Beefeater in Soi Diana which has a good reputation! No Kobe beef like Manhattan's though !

Sounds good have to check it out next time im in town.

Sounds great. I usually have a stop in Beef Eaters or El Toro when in town and wanting a good steak. most often I stay in the area you are at, will have sit down next time I'm in town which hopefully will be early next year.

good luck

cheers

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

Sounds great. I usually have a stop in Beef Eaters or El Toro when in town and wanting a good steak. most often I stay in the area you are at, will have sit down next time I'm in town which hopefully will be early next year.

good luck

cheers

bert

HI,JOLLY FRAIAR, I also whish you the best of luck as i did when you opened Chaina Garden, been there twice,1st time ok, the last time wa last week, the starters we had was the combo, the butterfly prawns wear so greacy i could only eat half a one..The ribs wear just awful, you could not get the meat off the bone they wear so old and hard..sorry mate but telling it how it is..Its a lovly place you have there but the quality of the food leaves one not wanting to go back.. I know its cheap but surly it dont cost more to have the food good and tasty!!! I think its back to the Mantra for me and the wife, more expence but when you go to eat a nice dinner the price and big portions arent the importat isusse, its all about the taste, and when you have the chineese dishes at Mantra you know youve had quality...

• 1 month later...

Here are a few images taken today of the new place, I have some "booth" seating being fitted down one side of the restaurant shortly & single tables on the other side.. With the right lighting we hope our restaurant will have a "warm & cosy" relaxed dinning atmosphere

lone-star.jpg

Yes mate, I know we are a Texan grill but I doubt we can get Texas beef but I will be serving chilled Australian steak... I hope to be as good as Beefeater in Soi Diana which has a good reputation! No Kobe beef like Manhattan's though !

Hey Ian good luck with this new place,I know it will be top notch!

If your steak is as good as Beefeaters i will be a happy man.

They have real good food.

you going to address the july 16 comment ??????????

will reserve my going there on my return on what you post.

Mark

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

HI,JOLLY FRAIAR, I also whish you the best of luck as i did when you opened Chaina Garden, been there twice,1st time ok, the last time wa last week, the starters we had was the combo, the butterfly prawns wear so greacy i could only eat half a one..The ribs wear just awful, you could not get the meat off the bone they wear so old and hard..sorry mate but telling it how it is..Its a lovly place you have there but the quality of the food leaves one not wanting to go back.. I know its cheap but surly it dont cost more to have the food good and tasty!!! I think its back to the Mantra for me and the wife, more expence but when you go to eat a nice dinner the price and big portions arent the importat isusse, its all about the taste, and when you have the chineese dishes at Mantra you know youve had quality...

Sorry for the late reply, Mantra is indeed an exceptional restaurant and the Chinese dishes are very good. We lost our UK Chef and indeed lost our way for a while as I was away on business in China, I am happy to report that feedback from other BM's has leads me to believe we are back on track(on Secrets), I am eating at the China Garden at least 2 times a week to ensure standards dont slip back, we also have a post advertising for a new head chef

Hey Ian me and a couple of buddies are planning a party in October and wanted to know about catering cost for about 50

Thanks brother!

Hey Ian me and a couple of buddies are planning a party in October and wanted to know about catering cost for about 50

Thanks brother!

Hello Skeeter,

Ye know upstairs in Juice was a fully kitted out function room (now its the Lone Star) .. we could actually handle that kind of number ! Easily 30++ upstairs and 20 plus downstairs ... I guess your looking at 300 baht a head but that would get a feast fit for a king ! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am very pleased to announce a new restaurant coming to Soi Lengkee (just off Soi Baukaw), Lone Star Texas Grill will be opening in September 2011 aiming to provide excellent Texas style slow smoked BBQ Ribs, smoked chicken and other BBQ / grill foods along with some Mexican dishes & of course Margaritas !!

We have purchased Juice restaurant which was formerly and Irish restaurant under Pat but has changed hands several times over the past few year (next door to the Jolly Friar), we have closed the restaurant for renovations but aim to re- open as the Lone Star Texas Grill in 8 weeks time, I would like red brick walls, comfortable booths down one side and single tables down the other, similar colour scheme to the picture attached but smaller!

Now we are working on the smoking process for the ribs, chicken & pork and have already had some fantastic advice. In addition we are working on premium grade hamburgers made from prime beef & quality imported steaks, Mexican food will also be on the menu! We are investing in a frozen cocktail machine which will enable us to have frozen Margaritas on tap!

I am grateful for the help and advise BM's have given me in the past and hope that you will help me and contribute to the success of my new venture, thank you and I look forward to seeing some of you in the restaurant in the future!

Ian

very nice pics maybe you can put the menu and the prices on the website, i give you a visit very soon , we will see if you can make a real good steak bue with nice belgium frites 555555

Looks like I will check it out.

I love to eat.

:001_Thank_You5:

Are you part of the Lone Star chain of restaurants? http://www.lonestartexasgrill.com/. The one in my hometown is great, their fajitas are the best.

Nothing to do with the Canadian company ;-) We renamed slightly to Lone Star Texan Grill ... not Texas Grill **winks**

very nice pics maybe you can put the menu and the prices on the website, i give you a visit very soon , we will see if you can make a real good steak bue with nice belgium frites 555555

Yea we will be using the Belgium Steak Fries and imported steaks form the USA... still working on the menu, we are due to open at the end of September. Our smoker is being fitted this week!

Yea we will be using the Belgium Steak Fries and imported steaks form the USA... still working on the menu, we are due to open at the end of September. Our smoker is being fitted this week!

That's a shame you won't be getting Aus or NZ steaks, maybe I am just prejudice HaHa.......

Will definitely check it out when i'm next in Patts......will pass on the info to my m8's that will be arriving for xmas.

hope you will give enough frites because every where in pattaya they give very small portion WE LIKE CHIPS

And I'm hoping you'll have enchiladas (with rice and refried beans). I'll be there about 3 weeks from now.

Thanks for posting on PA and keeping us informed. (I'll soon have 10 fish stamps my Jolly Friar Loyalty Card.)

Bakwan

hope you will give enough frites because every where in pattaya they give very small portion WE LIKE CHIPS

Portion sizes wont be an issue! Steaks will come with Belgium Steak fries or mashed potatoes. Burgers etc will be French fries or shoe string fries ..

And I'm hoping you'll have enchiladas (with rice and refried beans). I'll be there about 3 weeks from now.

Thanks for posting on PA and keeping us informed. (I'll soon have 10 fish stamps my Jolly Friar Loyalty Card.)

Bakwan

Definitely going to have enchiladas and refried beans on the menu . . .

Hey Ian,

Good luck with the new place. Ill definitely check it out in October.

Really enjoyed the Fish and Chips at Jolly Friar, and looking forward to trying your BBQ.

Portion sizes wont be an issue! Steaks will come with Belgium Steak fries or mashed potatoes. Burgers etc will be French fries or shoe string fries ..

Definitely going to have enchiladas and refried beans on the menu . . .

Hi Ian it really sounds nice to me,because i like to eat good.

So i give you a try for your new business as well.

And also will have a look to China Garden.See you soon.

Will come at the 2-11 for 4 weeks.Cheers mate.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif