Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Lone Star Texas Grill - Opening September 2011 In Soi Lengkee

China Garden

A quick post to say the restaurant will be closed 19th April for Songkran, I know its a pain finding places eat on this day but we must give our Thai staff time to celebrate this important day, we are open on the 18th April & 20th April as per usual.

cheers,

Ian & staff

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• China Garden

• marko456

• bar stool

• expatdude

Had the ribs Tuesday night, my first time here and everything very good including the service. I will be coming for sure again on Saturdays and want to try the Fajitas on Thursdays, glad to discover this place as I'm a Texan living in Patts, good job Mr. Jolly! ps: do you have a website?

Had the ribs Tuesday night, my first time here and everything very good including the service. I will be coming for sure again on Saturdays and want to try the Fajitas on Thursdays, glad to discover this place as I'm a Texan living in Patts, good job Mr. Jolly! ps: do you have a website?

Very happy you enjoyed the meal and are coming back again so quickly ! No website yet, I have been away for Pattaya for a few months so its fallen off the table, we will work on it shortly

thanks again

ian

Hi Ian, My friends and I ate both at lonestar and the jolly friar both for lunch and dinner many times over Songkran, took TG's there also. Ate both a mix of your ribs, steaks, chicken and thai food. Loved it all. Would recommend to everyone. Had your specials too. We had a big meal with 5 of us at one time and it was great the staff didn't even ask us and just brought out a split bill which was fantastic. Keep up the good work

ummm

Ian we will have a bunch of lads around several times in June, can't wait to try this out, as we swear by the Jolly & China

The Paultain Experience (Chronicles of a Whore Monger) Also the book is available in ebook format for ipad, ipod & iphone!!!!

http://www.blurb.com.../detail/1200741

Trip Report 2009

http://www.pattaya-a...-paultain-2009/

Trip Report 2010

http://www.pattaya-a...67#entry1185467

Hi Ian, My friends and I ate both at lonestar and the jolly friar both for lunch and dinner many times over Songkran, took TG's there also. Ate both a mix of your ribs, steaks, chicken and thai food. Loved it all. Would recommend to everyone. Had your specials too. We had a big meal with 5 of us at one time and it was great the staff didn't even ask us and just brought out a split bill which was fantastic. Keep up the good work

Thank you very much for the feedback! I hope more of you get to come and sample our great food.

Cheers,

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Yes mate, I know we are a Texan grill but I doubt we can get Texas beef but I will be serving chilled Australian steak... I hope to be as good as Beefeater in Soi Diana which has a good reputation! No Kobe beef like Manhattan's though !

I hope it will be at least BETTER than Beefeaters.

Sounds great. I usually have a stop in Beef Eaters or El Toro when in town and wanting a good steak. most often I stay in the area you are at, will have sit down next time I'm in town which hopefully will be early next year.

good luck

cheers

bert

El Toro was probably the best steak house in Pattaya, but it closed last year and the building was completely refurbished. I think its successor, a fake Italian restaurant My Corner (if my memory serves me well), has already closed.

HI,JOLLY FRAIAR, I also whish you the best of luck as i did when you opened Chaina Garden, been there twice,1st time ok, the last time wa last week, the starters we had was the combo, the butterfly prawns wear so greacy i could only eat half a one..The ribs wear just awful, you could not get the meat off the bone they wear so old and hard..sorry mate but telling it how it is..Its a lovly place you have there but the quality of the food leaves one not wanting to go back.. I know its cheap but surly it dont cost more to have the food good and tasty!!! I think its back to the Mantra for me and the wife, more expence but when you go to eat a nice dinner the price and big portions arent the importat isusse, its all about the taste, and when you have the chineese dishes at Mantra you know youve had quality...

China Garden is excellent, but I have only chosen duck as a main dish up to now.

I hope it will be at least BETTER than Beefeaters.

The Australian beef is good, we buy it chilled from Bangkok supplier ... it has pretty good marbeling rating

That's a shame you won't be getting Aus or NZ steaks, maybe I am just prejudice HaHa.......

Or Argentinean beef, the best in the world.

potato crisp & chips.jpg

hope you will give enough frites because every where in pattaya they give very small portion WE LIKE CHIPS

Will definitely check the place out. The only problem I have is when I come in the car with the family there is no parking. Do you have a deal with any of the places to offer parking for customers?

I always find parking place (for my car) in Soi Lengkee, or at least nearby.

I didn’t find your website. I never order door-to-door, but it’s always nice to have an idea in advance.

• 1 month later...

Just to let you all know that on 30th May 2012 I sold the Lone Star & Jolly Friar in Soi Lengkee, I have opened a new export company in China which already has warehouses / offices in Shenzhen City, England and hopefully the USA in the next few months. In order to focus on this business I have decided to sell my business concerns in Pattaya.

The Jolly Friar in Jomtien is owned and operated my friend Mark and his wife Mai, they will be changing their name slightly in due course to reflect the sale of the Pattaya Jolly Friar and I wish them luck with their expansion plans. I have spoken with Mark and he wants to reassure everyone "nothing will change" in Jomtien except the name!

The new owners is Kell and may come to the forums shortly.

Thank you for your support and I wish the new owner all the very best success !

Ian