IGNORED

Football season 2011/12.

Thaihot

ssssh don'y mention Tony Cascarino :hello09:

Lol was tryin not to

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of these players who came to play for Ireland were not wanted by England so opted for a chance to play international football through ancestry.

As for the plastic Brits, without these competitors the medal haul would be a lot less for Britain.

These players/competitors are not forced to represent a country they do it by choice :GoldenSmile1:

I agree that the plastic brits will probably win us some medals but they are only representing us because they they were not selected by their own countries. Its also harder to support a player who is meant to represent me but has no alligence to England. For example Morgan played for Ireland so he should not play cricket for England - his position should go to an English player as it should be illegal to play the same sport for 2 countries.

To me the point of international sport is the elite of one country v the elite of another country - not the elite plus anoyne we can find and give a visa because it increases our chances of winning.

I don't blame the players as its a good opportunity for them but the system needs to change.

I agree that the plastic brits will probably win us some medals but they are only representing us because they they were not selected by their own countries. Its also harder to support a player who is meant to represent me but has no alligence to England. For example Morgan played for Ireland so he should not play cricket for England - his position should go to an English player as it should be illegal to play the same sport for 2 countries.

To me the point of international sport is the elite of one country v the elite of another country - not the elite plus anoyne we can find and give a visa because it increases our chances of winning.

I don't blame the players as its a good opportunity for them but the system needs to change.

Or another way of looking at it was , that they were offered more or sponsored more to compete for xyz.

Also if they compete at an underage level, once they reach an age they can opt to change.

It has taken me a bit to recover from the cup loss. On balance we were really bad in the first half and until Carroll came on in the second we were pretty ordinary to. I think the linesman got it right though as i don't think it was a goal for the disallowed goal. Chelseas first goal was a combination of defensive and keeper errors whilst their second was a well crafted goal.

On balance the result was about right. Not sure how i feel about the CL final. On one hand i would like to see an English club win but i really respect Bayern as one of the worlds great clubs with an amazing history. They also have an ownership structure where the fans actually have a part in the club rather than the plaything of a businessman.

On reflection I think I would like Bayern to win.

Chelsea might be the plaything of a Russian businessman but isn't Liverpool the plaything of an American businessman??

Even though Chelsea are only in the CL final because of a mega rich businessman I would still rather see them win the final because they are an ENGLISH team and I am english

Shit boring night tonight, roll on tomorrow, looking for where they are gonna play the Spurs game 99% will have on both Manx teams

Shit boring night tonight, roll on tomorrow, looking for where they are gonna play the Spurs game 99% will have on both Manx teams

Gadget, the Irish Rovers on LK Metro will have all the games on at the same time.

I will be watching the QPR game with one eye on the Stoke v Bolton game

Come on you RRRRRRRRssssssssss

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]  

Today has finally arrived at last... City expecting to win today against QPR and United too at Sunderland, Whatever the result is at 16.50 pm will hand the crown to Manchester (City/United)... Bolton are fighting for their survival, playing at difficult match to Stoke City.... Third place is up for grabs with Arsenal playing away to West Brom , and Spurs at home to fulham and finally Newcastle have to travel to Everton.... What a day of football for all of us to see.... Best of luck and enjoy...

I'd just like Demba Ba to break his duck today!

nufc.com reports that fifteen years ago today, Newcastle went into the final day of the season needing an unlikely set of results to qualify for the Champions League. And it happened.

United needed to beat already relegated Nottingham Forest at St. James' Park and then hope that Liverpool (remember them) and Arsenal would falter, leaving us to claim second place with only two teams eligible in those days.

There was also the added interest of the mackems and smoggies also in relegation bother but that was just hoping for far too much on one day....

Before kick-off the table looked like this:

Pos Team Played GD Pts 1 Manchester United 37 30 72 2 Liverpool 37 25 67 3 Newcastle 37 28 65 4 Arsenal 37 28 65 16 Southampton 37 -5 41 17 mackems 37 -17 40 18 smoggies 37 -9 38 19 Coventry 37 -17 38 20 Nottingham Forest 37 -23 34

Liverpool were at Hillsborough while Arsenal were at the Baseball Ground with Sheffield Wednesday and Derby both in the top half of the table.

The relegation fight saw the mackems travelling to Wimbledon (at Selhurst Park) while the smoggies were at Leeds and Coventry had a mountain to climb at White Hart Lane.

On a glorious day at St. James' Park, Newcastle went goal crazy and were four up inside 36 minutes thanks to Asprilla, Ferdinand(2) and Shearer - what a forward line!

Elsewhere, Liverpool were goalless and Arsenal were losing, while at the bottom Coventry had taken a shock two-goal lead through Dion Dublin and Paul Williams before Spurs pulled one back through Paul McVeigh. Both the mackems and smoggies games were goalless at half time.

The table at half-time:

Pos Team Played GD Pts 1 Manchester United 38 31 75 2 Newcastle 38 32 68 3 Liverpool 38 25 68 4 Arsenal 38 27 65 16 Southampton 38 -6 41 17 Coventry 37 -16 41 18 mackems 38 -17 41 19 smoggies 38 -9 39 20 Nottingham Forest 37 -27 34

It couldn't stay like that surely...?

Robbie Elliott scored another with 13 minutes to play for us to make it 5-0 and although Arsenal had taken the lead at Derby, they weren't going to match our big win.

Liverpool trailed at Hillsborough to a 75th minute goal from O'Neill Donaldson but Jamie Redknapp equalised with eight minutes to go - by which time the Owls had lost the services of goalkeeper Kevin Pressman to injury.

With Coventry still hanging on at 2-1, Leeds went ahead at Elland Road through Brian Deane, only for 'Boro to level two minutes later through Juninho. The mackems were still drawing 0-0 against Joe Kinnear's Wimbledon.

Liverpool seemed certain to get a late goal to dash our Champions League hopes but Wednesday held out and we'd done it! Meanwhile, Jason Euell found the net for Wimbledon on 85 minutes, 'Boro could only draw 1-1 at Leeds and were already down.

All eyes turned on White Hart Lane and Selhurst Park and when the whistles were eventually blown at both (the start of the second half at Spurs having been delayed), Gordon Strachan's Coventry had somehow survived.

Meanwhile our pals from tees and wear were both relegated -'Boro hilariously falling partly due to a three point deduction for failing to fulfil a fixture at Blackburn Rovers the previous December, claiming a flu outbreak.

The mackems would then suffer further as their misery was beamed out to the nation in the BBC TV series"Premier Passions", the foul-mouthed rantings of Peytar Reid worth the licence fee on their own. Refusing to call relegation anything but "scenario B" didn't really work....

The British Film Institute Archive helpfully summarises the final episode as follows:

On the last day of the 1996-7 season, relegation issues have gone to the wire. If the other results go as expected, and they win at Wimbledon, sunderland will avoid the drop to the First Division. However, things do not turn out quite as anticipated.

Final league table:

Pos Team Played GD Pts 1 Manchester United 38 32 75 2 Newcastle 38 33 68 3 Arsenal 38 30 68 4 Liverpool 38 25 68 16 Southampton 38 -6 41 17 Coventry 37 -16 41 18 mackems 38 -18 40 19 smoggies 38 -9 39 20 Nottingham Forest 37 -28 34

Days like that don't come round very often. Only every 15 years, hopefully....

Chelsea might be the plaything of a Russian businessman but isn't Liverpool the plaything of an American businessman??

Even though Chelsea are only in the CL final because of a mega rich businessman I would still rather see them win the final because they are an ENGLISH team and I am english

Nice try but even anyone semi sane would not try to compare what Chelsea have has an ownership structure to that of Liverpool or anyone else for that matter bar Man city. One of the great stories of modern PL history is the continued on field success of Man U despite the ownership they endure. My issue is not about where the club is based but the structure of the said club and i am sure all football fans me included would prefer a structure like Bayerns to the one we have with our own clubs.

Second point for me is i would much rather see the fans of Tottenham or Newcastle celebrate a time in the sunshine because who knows when it will come again? As for Roman he will keep ploughing in coin until Europe is conquered and if he pulls out. Who cares? Chelsea have a couple of premierships they would never have gotten without his coin.

Fucking hell, goals galore, only 15 mins gone, bring it on

I'll go with the come on Everton.

Get in QPR !!!

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Congratulations Manchester City.

Unbelieveable is all I can say......

You are never gonna see an end to a season like that again. fantastic advert, apart from one nutter, well done City !!!!

The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so fucking temperamental.

Man City Champions,not bad for a bunch of mercenaries with no team spirit.Get in there :GoldenSmile1:

Fergie are you listening

Keep the trophy glistening

Coz we're coming in May

To take it away

Walking in a City wonderland.

Today I went to Goodison Park and watched Everton deservedly beat Newcastle 3 - 1. A good end to the season for Everton . And to make things even better the bitter reds got beat at Swansea

Today I went to Goodison Park and watched Everton deservedly beat Newcastle 3 - 1. A good end to the season for Everton . And to make things even better the bitter reds got beat at Swansea

Oh well the highlight of the bitter blues season is that the reds lost the last game of the season away to Swansea, i guess the swans were able to do what the toffees failed to do on 3 occasions :GoldenSmile1:

Come on Arsenal

Come on Fulham

Come on Everton

yes come on them 555

Oh well the highlight of the bitter blues season is that the reds lost the last game of the season away to Swansea, i guess the swans were able to do what the toffees failed to do on 3 occasions :GoldenSmile1:

refred I've just taken a look at the league table and the bitter reds are below Everton in the league table. redfred I think this means we are a better team than the bitter reds

refred I've just taken a look at the league table and the bitter reds are below Everton in the league table. redfred I think this means we are a better team than the bitter reds

Fair play to the toffees. No bitterness from me. You get what you deserve in football and our form has been terrible. Everton have performed over and above what could be expected with the financial restrictions they have and deserve their result. Newcastle Everton and Swansea have been the good stories this year.

Oh! it does this old heart good to see Ferguson & Co eat shit for once! LoL! :LMFAO:

image.png

Yes blue our lowest position in i think 19yrs, and if you find consolation in finishing above the Reds in what has been a very poor league campaign by our standards fair play to you :GoldenSmile1:

However Everton have a good manager and i wonder if a bigger club will come along to poach him, which would be a shame after years of work he put into Everton to get them to this level .

The season might be over but at least i will have some July and august reports to look forward to.

have a good on Blue.

fred..

Archived