Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Warning. A place to avoid - Lock 'n' Load Bar Soi Bukhaow

Scottish Gary

Too true and the percentage of punters who visit Pattaya and who also read these forums is infinitesiminal. What's more the type of punter who visit New Plaza, the Soi in which Lock and Load is to be found are usually the more mature fellows who are generally unfamiliar with computers and the internet. A Swedish chum of mine is a a regular in this bar and when I asked him about the incident it was the first he'd heard of it!

I recently heard from my chum regarding this affair. Apparently there was an altercation regarding this punter's check bin. It was in the total region of 200 bahts and the punter objected to having to pay 50 baht for a Heineken, Chang, a Singha or a Leo beer. He started to argue with the staff and eventually kept yelling in a loud voice "Fuck you, Fuck you, Fuck you" in the barman's face. The barman objected to being spoken to like a lump of shit and went round the bar and battered his antagonist.

The same thing could occur anywhere in the world when too much strong drink has been consumed and and rude comments are involved. We are all aware of the possible consequences of insulting a Thai man on his own turf and the implications of using the term 'fuck you' are known to us all.

The boss was not in the bar when the incident took place.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish Gary

• PepeLePew

• Alex the Hedonist

• Nightrider70

Thanks for the heads up Ill be there next month alone I will avoid both those fucking bars what the fuck it's a shame they are fucking up such a good place fuckers.

Thanks for the heads up Ill be there next month alone I will avoid both those fucking bars what the fuck it's a shame they are fucking up such a good place fuckers.

Surely you should be avoiding the obnoxious loudmouthed customers rather than the bars?

I recently heard from my chum regarding this affair. Apparently there was an altercation regarding this punter's check bin. It was in the total region of 200 bahts and the punter objected to having to pay 50 baht for a Heineken, Chang, a Singha or a Leo beer. He started to argue with the staff and eventually kept yelling in a loud voice "Fuck you, Fuck you, Fuck you" in the barman's face. The barman objected to being spoken to like a lump of shit and went round the bar and battered his antagonist.

The same thing could occur anywhere in the world when too much strong drink has been consumed and and rude comments are involved. We are all aware of the possible consequences of insulting a Thai man on his own turf and the implications of using the term 'fuck you' are known to us all.

First off, dont care if the boss was in the bar or not, if these two are still employed, the place should be burned to the ground, regardless...as punishment for his neglect to properly tend to it when informed.

Second, yes, if things went down the way you say (and I have no reason to doubt you), then the punter is a lout...and should be tossed out and banned from re-entering...BUT NOT CAUSE FOR WHAT HAPPENED...so I still maintain the perpetrators of the physical violence should be tied to chairs, have their balls cut off (in front of the crew if possible), then beheaded and and their heads placed in urinals so they can see what losing face is really all about. An example of an equally disproportionate escalation...if you know what I mean.

Cheers, Alex

Edited by Alex the Hedonist

That's not the same incident i witnessed. The Thai behind the bar was accusing the farang of buying drinks he claimed he had not had. No doubt the Thai and his mates were buying themselves drinks and slipping the bill into the pissed up farangs bin which was sitting on the bar and hoping he wouldn't notice, . That is why his bill was so high. Eventually he paid up but as he turned to leave the Thai gave him the finger and shouted ''fuck you''. The farang repeated the gesture and shouted ''fuck you back at the Thai. That was when the Thai went berserk and attacked the farang from behind with a pool cue. I only heard the farang shout fuck you once. Even still is does not warant a nasty cowardly attack like the one he was subjected too.

Edited by Scottish Gary

You Dont Need Eyes To See

You Need Vision

I have met the guy. He works off-shore, and his wife owns the bar. He knows of PA not sure he is a member.

So I would just hazard a guess that he is not in town at the moment.

I also deplore that level of a beating.

I will give him a call when I get back in town.

Mark

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

I have met the guy. He works off-shore, and his wife owns the bar. He knows of PA not sure he is a member.

So I would just hazard a guess that he is not in town at the moment.

I also deplore that level of a beating.

I will give him a call when I get back in town.

Mark

in 10 days time. I had no problems when I was there last in Nov.

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

I have never had any issues in that bar. Lets be realistic it is not possible to control your employees 100% of the time. The employees should be terminated or prosecuted. As for burning the bar or crazy talk like that is ridiculous. Why not burn all the walmarts down or stop going to the post office? Maybe we should not use public transportation any more. I am sure no one has gotten robbed or assaulted on a subway before...

Lets be realistic it is not possible to control your employees 100% of the time.

THIS MAY BE TRUE, BUT IF ACTION IS NOT TAKEN (LIKE GIVING THEM A BEATING OR TERMINATION, UPON LEARNING OF THE INCIDENT), THEN IMO THEY ARE CONDONING IT.

The employees should be terminated or prosecuted.

YES, I THINK WE ALL AGREE ON THIS POINT.

As for burning the bar or crazy talk like that is ridiculous.

YES, YOU ARE RIGHT, AS RIDICULOUS AS THE THAI ESCALATION OF THE EVENTS.

Why not burn all the walmarts down or stop going to the post office?

I HAVE NEVER WITNESSED OR READ ABOUT A WALMART EMPLOYEE THAT BEAT A CUSTOMER (MOST ARE TOO OLD TO KEEP THEIR TEETH IN)...AND IF THEY DID, I ASSURE YOU THEY WOULD BE INSTANTLY TERMINATED. AS FOR POSTAL EMPLOYEES, YA, THEY HAVE GONE NUTS, AND USUALLY END UP WITH A BULLET IN THEIR FOREHEAD AFTER SHOOTING A FEW FOLKS...TERMINATED IN A VERY REAL SENSE.

Maybe we should not use public transportation any more.

OTHER THAN A BAHT BUS IN THAILAND, I DONT! AND THEN, ONLY WHEN I DONT FEEL LIKE RIDING MY SCOOTER. GOOD ADVICE! PUBLIC TRANSPORT SUCKS!

I am sure no one has gotten robbed or assaulted on a subway before...

I AM SURE THEY HAVE, AND WOULD BE HAPPY TO SEE THE PERPETRATORS TREATED IN THE SAME FASHION...BEAT THEM, CUT THEIR HEADS OFF, THEN PUT THEM ON SPIKES IN A PUBLIC URINAL, WORKS FOR ME!

Edited by Alex the Hedonist

I think that many bar and business owners of all stripes tend to count on the fact that Pattaya is a tourist area, and people come and go everyday.

I agree. There is always another sucker walking in the door. Don't believe me? OK, look at all the Jet Ski scams that go down -and all of the bad pres they get.

But gullible people still rent jet skis...

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

That's not the same incident i witnessed. The Thai behind the bar was accusing the farang of buying drinks he claimed he had not had. No doubt the Thai and his mates were buying themselves drinks and slipping the bill into the pissed up farangs bin which was sitting on the bar and hoping he wouldn't notice, . That is why his bill was so high. Eventually he paid up but as he turned to leave the Thai gave him the finger and shouted ''fuck you''. The farang repeated the gesture and shouted ''fuck you back at the Thai. That was when the Thai went berserk and attacked the farang from behind with a pool cue. I only heard the farang shout fuck you once. Even still is does not warant a nasty cowardly attack like the one he was subjected too.

You were there, you saw it and assuming you have no allegiance to either party yours is the version of events we should accept.

I am the Swedish chum. It must not be the same incident then. In addition to what yogi100 already said the customer in question did leave without getting beat but came back shortly after and among other things expressed one last "fuck you" at which point the bar staff beat and kicked him. I was not there but this has been told by a good friend who was there and whom I believe.

I am the Swedish chum. It must not be the same incident then. In addition to what yogi100 already said the customer in question did leave without getting beat but came back shortly after and among other things expressed one last "fuck you" at which point the bar staff beat and kicked him. I was not there but this has been told by a good friend who was there and whom I believe.

So they regually beat customers there.

You still go there?

I have never had any issues in that bar. Lets be realistic it is not possible to control your employees 100% of the time. The employees should be terminated or prosecuted.

Fair point.

I'd love to hear the stuff were moved on and the bar owner did not lose buisness as a result.

As for burning the bar or crazy talk like that is ridiculous. Why not burn all the walmarts down or stop going to the post office? Maybe we should not use public transportation any more. I am sure no one has gotten robbed or assaulted on a subway before...

I think what he said was tongue in cheek.. He was trying to get us thinking about how stupid and pointess the level of escalation was from the bar staff.

The Thai staff escalating an arguement over drinks into knocking someone out from behind with the heavy end of a pool que and beating them senseless in full view of hte public, perhaps equates to the same sort of thing as burning the bar down and torturing the staff as payback for a serious beating. Its all fcking stupid and none of it should ever happen.

Did anyone help him after the fact and get his story or what may have caused this? Just posting something like this without having the facts or the back story frustrates me in two ways.

1. We don't know if he did anything to provoke it. Granted a sucker hit like the OP described is never warranted

2. It amazes me how many people on here just write it off as TIT and no reason to call the police since they won't do anything. If the justice system is THAT screwed up over there, then people must be pretty desperate for sex if they are willing to go there and risk having no rights in the eyes of the country.

I am looking forward to my first visit in a little more than a month, but if I see any attacks this blatant against foreigners, I most definitely won't be coming back.

Can any expats chime in on this? In a case like this, assuming the OP described it accurately, if the guy just had a problem with his bill, disputed it and paid and left. If he were to call the police, would anything be done?

Irespective of weather it is just or not when you are the away team so 2 speak u need 2 behave accordingly and throw caution 2 the wind. Sometimes reality just plain sucks. Avoid the place like the plague.

Edited by ss28

Personally, I would avoid any place with a ridiculous, aggressive name like 'lock and load'.

What's wrong with going to places called 3some, or friendly bar etc? fucking 'lock and load' FFS!!!

Personally, I would avoid any place with a ridiculous, aggressive name like 'lock and load'.

What's wrong with going to places called 3some, or friendly bar etc? fucking 'lock and load' FFS!!!

I agree. But then I don't equate guns with manliness - the opposite in fact.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." Jack Handey

Correction: I asked my friend again and he said he did not see them hit him as he left the first time but he saw one grab a pool-cue when he was on his way to the pisser. Apperently they got him twice.

Asked if he heard any argument regarding if they charged him for drinks he did not have, the answer was no, he just thought 50 bath for a chang was too much and started to insult the staff.

I do not defend the staff beating him like that, all I want to say he did not only "question" his tab and got beat up out of the blue.

You still go there?

How did you get to the conclusion "So they regually beat customers there."?

I have never seen or heard of any fight there until now.

I have been there once after this and business was as usual.

I agree. But then I don't equate guns with manliness - the opposite in fact.

Me too

a800.jpg

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Maybe it is an annex of The Castle?

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

It seems like beatings like this are becoming common place in Pattaya.

Looks as though you can't even "just walk away" any more.

Watch each others backs!

Correction: I asked my friend again and he said he did not see them hit him as he left the first time but he saw one grab a pool-cue when he was on his way to the pisser. Apperently they got him twice.

Asked if he heard any argument regarding if they charged him for drinks he did not have, the answer was no, he just thought 50 bath for a chang was too much and started to insult the staff.

I do not defend the staff beating him like that, all I want to say he did not only "question" his tab and got beat up out of the blue.

That's hard to believe, 50 would be at the lower end of a bottled beer price. 60-70 perhaps the more usual price in a bar. But could be true...

Can he change the name to 'Get Beat Up Bar'?

How did you get to the conclusion "So they regually beat customers there."?

I have never seen or heard of any fight there until now.

I have been there once after this and business was as usual.

I haven't heard of a physical fight there either. In this thread we have heard of a verbal argument. We have heard of 2 different occasions where the staff beat customers.

That's hard to believe, 50 would be at the lower end of a bottled beer price. 60-70 perhaps the more usual price in a bar. But could be true...

Can he change the name to 'Get Beat Up Bar'?

In the New Plaza 50baht is expensive for chang. A year since I have been there but 35baht for a chang in some bars. The Plaza has had some attention on the boards, maybe it's becoming more popular and the prices are rising.