IGNORED

Warning. A place to avoid - Lock 'n' Load Bar Soi Bukhaow

Scottish Gary

I was in Lock n Load with my wife on wednesday night when i had the misfortune to see a middle aged farang get knocked sensless by the two Thai Thugs who work behind the bar. After some kind of dispute about his bar bill he paid and walked out. As he was doing this one of the Thais grabbed a pool cue and battered the poor sod across the back of the head knocking him out cold. As he was lying on the ground his mate joined in and both Thais proceeded to kick and stamp the shit out of him. It was a sickening assualt in front of a bar full of people.

The place is owned by an American. I suggest he reveiws his staffing policy and has a look at the lunatics he is employing.

The place is situated on the Bukaow Market just off Soi Bukaow

You Dont Need Eyes To See

You Need Vision

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish Gary

• PepeLePew

• Alex the Hedonist

• Nightrider70

I was in Lock n Load with my wife on wednesday night when i had the misfortune to see a middle aged farang get knocked sensless by the two Thai Thugs who work behind the bar. After some kind of dispute about his bar bill he paid and walked out. As he was doing this one of the Thais grabbed a pool cue and battered the poor sod across the back of the head knocking him out cold. As he was lying on the ground his mate joined in and both Thais proceeded to kick and stamp the shit out of him. It was a sickening assualt in front of a bar full of people.

The place is owned by an American. I suggest he reveiws his staffing policy and has a look at the lunatics he is employing.

Wow. That is never good. Thanks for the update.

Cross that bar off the list.

Enough alternative options around to avoid places that allow this.

Trade is on the down, customer service is definitely NOT what it once was...

No matter where you go, there you are....

that's off my list too, fuck, if they can't put up with querying a bill for fuck sake, then they don't deserve our business

Edited by 1rooster

WoW thats not good at all is it , im in soi Buakow now not far from the bar in question . Might pop in for chang and check this place out and savour its hospitalty :Billiards1:

They are a brave couple of guys, eh?

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I hope the bloke is OK where abouts on Soi Buakow is this bar?

If all was as the OP states and the bar owner hears about this incident and does not sack the little maggots who took the cheap shots then yes I hope everybody does avoid the place like the plague.

Ahh wouldn't you just love the opportunity to dish out a 1 on 1 beating of these types of low lives but as we all know TIT so it will never happen.

The only real way of making a stand against this type of thing is with the mighty baht or more to the point not giving any of it to the bars that accept this type of thing.

Will be interested in seeing if the farang owner is a BM and if so what he has to say.

JD

Fucking Animals.

Edited by lukey1979

Courage, determination, unselfishness and cheefulness in the face of adversity. Bond us all together, a brotherhood so inexplicable you will never understand, unless you are one of us....

It has become the order of the day to beat tourist up..just few days back some Thai women and farangs from canada were beaten up at super girls a gogo on Walking Street...news all over the place...

There are many places in Europe and also in Asia like Angeles City..where the incidence of tourist beating from bouncers are rare to low..they simply call the cops..here it seems, they are just waiting to gang up and hit a tourist without any care for the law...

I don't think they understand what bouncers really mean here...they just hire..thugs and criminals...whatever the case may be...beating a lone tourist is unfair and insane..why are laws and police station for...just beat 'em them up..if you don't agree ...is the law here..

Guys be careful...thanks for the info...

"never take your eyes off your opponent" - Bruce Lee

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

I suspect this guy didn't know that he had an opponent!!

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

The fact that they were confident enough to knock the shit out of a farang in full view of there employers customers makes me think that it was not the first time they have carried out such an attack and the employer does not have control over the people he employs.

You Need Vision

Did he not get killed by a Baht bus? :GoldenSmile1::GoldenSmile1:

jet ski scams,flight scams on Walking Street,attacking tourists in bars and go go,s a great ad for the coming low season,makes you think if the tat want people to come there ? or maybe mafia rules there

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

Thanks for the heads up on Lock 'n Load...it's officially kiboshed per places to visit.

OP mentioned that it was run by an American...I'm curious if he is even aware of the situation or if he's seen this post. Certainly makes for kryptonite to a business per tourist.

One of my buddies got his ass kicked all over the place in Bangkok by a couple thugs that robbed him...spent the next week of vacation looking like a raccoon with 2 black eyes and a jacked up face. Idiots don't even realize (or care) that tourism is Thailand's lifeline.

41553083.jpg

Well I guess this kind of puts a dent in the argument that tourists/foreigners are not deliberately targeted by locals. Maybe not en masse and maybe there were underlying incidents but no one deserves to be treated like that.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Wow, bad news indeed. One of the mates like hanging out a bit in LocknLoad but will definately erase from my list.

It takes time to build a good reputation. Mubarak, ex president

Did anyone help him after the fact and get his story or what may have caused this? Just posting something like this without having the facts or the back story frustrates me in two ways.

1. We don't know if he did anything to provoke it. Granted a sucker hit like the OP described is never warranted

2. It amazes me how many people on here just write it off as TIT and no reason to call the police since they won't do anything. If the justice system is THAT screwed up over there, then people must be pretty desperate for sex if they are willing to go there and risk having no rights in the eyes of the country.

I am looking forward to my first visit in a little more than a month, but if I see any attacks this blatant against foreigners, I most definitely won't be coming back.

Can any expats chime in on this? In a case like this, assuming the OP described it accurately, if the guy just had a problem with his bill, disputed it and paid and left. If he were to call the police, would anything be done?

Did anyone help him after the fact and get his story or what may have caused this? Just posting something like this without having the facts or the back story frustrates me in two ways.

1. We don't know if he did anything to provoke it. Granted a sucker hit like the OP described is never warranted

2. It amazes me how many people on here just write it off as TIT and no reason to call the police since they won't do anything. If the justice system is THAT screwed up over there, then people must be pretty desperate for sex if they are willing to go there and risk having no rights in the eyes of the country.

I am looking forward to my first visit in a little more than a month, but if I see any attacks this blatant against foreigners, I most definitely won't be coming back.

Can any expats chime in on this? In a case like this, assuming the OP described it accurately, if the guy just had a problem with his bill, disputed it and paid and left. If he were to call the police, would anything be done?

you will not necessarily see it however it does happen, would not say its an everyday occurrence however it surely happens

Was the American owner there, if not he should be informed.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

you will not necessarily see it however it does happen, would not say its an everyday occurrence however it surely happens

Based upon videos and posts here on the board, I realize it is something that happens. Heck, even some of the more well known board members on here have been in some scuffles as of late. But that isn't my question/point.

My question is, in cases where the farang has done nothing aggressive or threatening and gets attacked like this (especially by bar staff), are we saying that this is OK because it's Thailand and that the police if called would do nothing about it?

Again, the OP didn't give a lot of details so we don't completely know what transpired between the bar staff and the person that got jumped, but based upon what he said, I am assuming it was just a disagreement over the bill.

I suspect this guy didn't know that he had an opponent!!

If the guy had looked at his surroundings he would have noticced change in atmosphere..not to say what happened was right.. I was just saying it tongue in cheek. Last trip 2 weeks ago I was in JPbar when a guy pulled a knife on me.. but that is another story.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

Sorry folks for the lack of detail in my OP.

I was sitting in the bar with my wife watching the band. I heard raised voices and i turned to see a middle aged farang arguing with one of the Thai men who works behind the bar. From what i could make out the problem was the size of the farangs bar bill. He claims they were charging him for drinks he had not had and were trying to rip him off. The stand off continued as both sides argued there point. Eventually the farang paid up. As he turned to leave the Thai gave him the finger and shouted ''fuck you'' . The farang signed his own death warrant by repeating the gesture. Loss of face for a Thai man can only end one way and in this case it did.

When the farang was walking out the Thai grabbed a pool cue and crunched him across the back of the head with the heavy end. I reckon the farang was out cold before he hit the ground. The Thai and his mate then started kicking and stamping on the guy. Protests from myself and other farangs in the bar eventually made one of the band run out and stop the attack. I went out and tried to get the farang into the recovery position and my wife phoned the cops. Even as i was trying to turn the farang over one of the Thais ran back for another kick. Eventually he got to his feet but he was unsteady and covered in blood. I offered to take him to the hospital but he mumbled that he just wanted his hotel.

The cops had still not arrived by the time my wife dragged me away about 15 mins later. She was worried i was going to be next.

The most shocking thing was the nasty cowardly way they attacked a much older man in front of a bar full of people in there own work place.

Edited by Scottish Gary

You Need Vision

ONLY one solution...pay the mafia to tie the two guys responsible to chairs, cut off their balls and stuff them in their mouths...then, douse them with gasoline, set them ablaze and let them burn...and for good measure, spread a little fuel around so as to let the establishment burn to the ground as well...a good lesson to the farang owner...and the rest of the staff that just stood there and allowed it to happen.

OR, wait, just thought of a better solution...tie them to chairs, cut their balls off and stuff them in their mouths...I still like that part...but instead of burning them, simply behead them and then stick the heads on spikes in the men's bathroom urinal so everyone can piss on them for a week or so...talk about a good way to show them what "losing face" is really all about!

Too harsh? I think not...

Cheers, Alex

Edited by Alex the Hedonist

it is sad to hear that kinds thing happens, especially to a supposed innocent man.

But yes, it should be brought to the owners attention for sure.