Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Secrets VIP Retreat

wombat

Seek to publicise and warn , Gentlemen.

Try to tell newbies just why the ex-pat crowd post these warnings.

hmmm..so all the ex-pat crowd that regularly drink and enjoy Secrets don't count then Stu??? :rolleyes: i'm sure they will find it hilarious that they are now referred to as newbies :P

Its been said a million times...if you don't like a bar or place or forum then don't go there. Plenty of others, both new and ex-pat, do, and continue to do so, on a regular basis. Why this should bother you guys is beyond me?? :unsure:

Still nothing like letting rip when you've been out on the piss eh Stu :LOL::P

Edited by Marty167

Calm down dear...this is only the internet :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wombat

• Marty167

• kunjon

• Ned Kelly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmmm..so all the ex-pat crowd that regularly drink and enjoy Secrets don't count then Stu??? :rolleyes: I'm sure they will find it hilarious that they are now referred to as newbies :P

Its been said a million times...if you don't like a bar or place or forum then don't go there. Plenty of others, both new and ex-pat, do, and continue to do so, on a regular basis. Why this should bother you guys is beyond me?? :unsure:

Still nothing like letting rip when you've been out on the piss eh Stu :LOL::P

7 am? Pissed ? On the rare occasion but....

My little bugger( 1 year old) has just woke me up so I might be a bit grumpy!

When I'm pissed I just edit it out the next day. :P

I don't think I still am but you never know!

Secrets is a really nice bar . I have never said anything different .

It reminds me of TGI Fridays in the UK which I liked!

I have used the short time rooms and have posted how clean and nice they were, and TEASED about the lack of soap( With good heart)

It's the hype and the posturing , along with the seemingly lack of ethics, that gets up my nose and irritates so many others. Along with the 'unacceptable' face of capitalism , where only money counts as your goal!

If you are a Brit then you will realise we do suffer from inverse snobbery.

Yes , I might choose to use my family connections and my name if I want, but money does not make you a better man to the Brits, the Aussies and the Sheepies!

That is just not our way and , in the same way the Yanks do not understand our humor, they do not understand our cultural values!

I genuinely wish them well , as I do all business endeavors, but --a big but---Can they please stop being so pretentious.

I really liked posting there and the 'crack' with the other posters .

You are also obviously intelligent, able, and also polite.

Good on you chap! I do think I have met you though, and I do suspect I have addressed you previously under another flag!

A pleasure to talk to you Sir, may we meet again! :P

On a side note though Marty, you show yourself as a tourist in your profile , not an Ex-pat , so how do you know the ex-pats that you say crowd that place out to capacity every night ?

Edited by swanks

Mixed batch of replies there which makes for better conversation.

Well, I am a Yank and don't find myself bragging about the the money I spend nor find spending it gratifying. I stated I felt my 6 weeks at PBR was quite a good value. I am not a Cheap Charlie either . I found the retreat pricey but well worth it and unique.

I find it funny that a Brit speaking about someone being pretentious since I find many English well up on pomp and circumstance.

I also know that Secrets is a bit different from many other venues and find the owners proud of their business...Mulphy too and I think they all have that right.

Why some bars can't find the time to put a coat of paint on the walls of the short time rooms and clean a toilet properly is beyond me. Mods and Butterfly on Soi 6 do stand out as locations with a bit of pride in ownership. Lolitas too. Nice and clean with proper AirCon.

Camm1, I am not a newbie. I do over spend at times but that is my right.

Mulphy, I don't set anyone's rental rates but I sure hope it does exceed the monthly mortgage but hey, that may explain the high percentage of biz failures in Pattaya :Beer1:

Funny how one BM can throw a party at the Metro Penthouse and gets slaps on the back and paid close to what I did per night. I guess I did not invite the right people :D

The Addicts BMs running around on the big Ninja style bikes, spending like crazy to drink vodka in a walk-in freezer that their harams of barfines find uncomfortable and then stay at the Galaxy or another Jacuzzi Room are not labeled newbies or LDOP's. I personally think they are livin' da life. God Bless 'Em! Sure beats baht buses, flat beer and staying in a hostel.

I have done the two week millionaire thing but now typically stay on budget. This trip was two rolled into one ( I missed my March trip) so I tried a few upscale venues. I do so every trip... popping into a few hotels or islands to try them out and get away from the usual crowds and girls.

Ned, I did not reply to this thread for a lolipop nor a drink/barfine reward. I was factual and would offer the same on any report whether Pattaya Bay, Nirvana or the Metro was my accomodations. I have no interest in any Pattaya business. I laugh at my defensive comment in my OP but since I read the threads on this Forum I sense a mood here when it comes to Secrets.

As for this Board and Bar war crap...It's the fucking Web and the whole world is watching not just Expats so quit thinking what you say needs to be reported to others by a 007 type.

Shit, I love MM's "what's the latest rumor" threads he adds now and then on Talk. I Never saw more gossipy fish wives in a group that is 99% male. You think the Bar Girls have a network? Doesn't match the Expat's.

Boards are just like your news...CNN, Fox, BBC, CCTV Aljazeera, Star, Post, Pattaya City News.... take it all with a grain of salt.

BM's come to the boards for Deals, information, entertainment and opinions but it is becoming obvious many have too much time on their hands and let others get under their skin. If some are trying to count how many Cnutz there are in Pattaya they'd have a better chance of counting the motor bikes on the roads or number of condoms used annually.

Edited by kunjon

Kunjon,

I guess people get a bit cynical regarding posts about the "Unique Retreat" because we dont see you post nine paragraphs about any other accomodation you used while in Pattaya.Thats why you are attracting some flack

You enjoyed blowing that type of money good for you,and i guess spending 20,000B for a piss up at the "Unique Bar"was worthwhile also.

Yet there are many,many posters that believe that a certain Soi 14 bar,is a Newbie trap or an Oasis for the lonley male punter who needs to be needed while in Pattaya,and they have every right to express their opinions,without the Committee Boys jumping down thier throats.

Ned

I guess people get a bit cynical regarding posts about the "Unique Retreat" because we dont see you post nine paragraphs about any other accomodation you used while in Pattaya.Thats why you are attracting some flack

Its a thread about the Secrets Retreat Ned ...feel free to post 57 paragraphs about any other place on any other thread on any other forum . And i guess when you say 'people' you mean those who either dislike Secrets because they charge more than 50 baht to have a party there or those who have been banned from the forum. I know your case is different because you 'voluntarily banned yourself' :GrinNod1:

You enjoyed blowing that type of money good for you,and i guess spending 20,000B for a piss up at the "Unique Bar"was worthwhile also.

This seems to be the crux of the complaints. If someone spends 20k elsewhere then they are having a good time, if they spend it at Secrets then they are being ripped off. :rolleyes:

Yet there are many,many posters that believe that a certain Soi 14 bar,is a Newbie trap or an Oasis for the lonley male punter who needs to be needed while in Pattaya,and they have every right to express their opinions,without the Committee Boys jumping down thier throats.

Ned this has to be the best yet. You can't let a Secret's post pass by without making a comment.Four weeks away and your very first post on both Pattaya Addicts and Pattaya Talk mentions Secrets. For someone who says he doesn't like Secrets you do tend to spend a lot of time mentioning them.Come on admit it Ned you are really the Secrets muppet aren't you :LOL::P

For someone who says he doesn't like Secrets you do tend to spend a lot of time mentioning them.Come on admit it Ned you are really the Secrets muppet aren't you :GrinNod1::rolleyes:

With the amount of free publicity the man generates for the board/business, you have to almost thank him. LOL

*** If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~Dalai Lama ***

Some people like the richer things that can be found here..They think the more expensive the better quality..Even though its not for me there are others that prefer this type enviroment at these prices,,To each there own..There 1st class and then there my class..I though comments are fair and free to speak on this forum?

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Spent two weeks at Secrets recently. Barfined 10 different girls in 13 days with absolutely no drama. Once the girls found I was a happy butterfly they even helped with recommendations. Heineken at Secrets = 105.

This newbie, LDOP crap seems to be the crux of concern. ...Ned,, Thanks for looking out for my budget. I tend to do well on my own.

As for Tourist trap prices...you can find 50 places to spend more for less than Secrets...I don't want another lolipop for that comment either.

I presumed you were an Expat but by other responses I find you are just another tourist, as I am (correct me if I am wrong).

Now a tourist can stay at the Rabbit Resort-4,000 a night or stay with a tour bus and head over to a typical hotel for 1,000 per night. Theycan also stay at an Hostel for 200BT if that is their budget. A Cheap Charlie can find accomodations for 300 a night if he wants.

Anyone can BF at 1000, 600, 400, 200 or just hunt Beach Rd or Royal for zero barfine.

Hell, I have found some of my best gals at the cashier line in Carrefour---no Barfine and they speak pretty good English and are crazy in the room. I also have paid 1000 baht to take a Coyote before midnight.

The good thing about Pattaya is choice---Price, Quality, Private or Crowds, Local or Tourist venue...Katoey or Girls and everything in between.

To Each his own.

If you are an Aussie and been to Cairns..see what your own country men spend on holiday. But thanks for being concerned about those who spend in Pattaya.

Your expense projections of my party time is a tad off. I spent 15,000 at the retreat and 5,000 at Carrefour and Tesco for tequila (mac, mac) Johnny Red, Singha, Heini's, Bacardi and Food. I did call in dinner for 27(1,000) and had a BBQ for 30 (Cost same as a aparty at Cherry Bar but with more nudity) . Friends and I BF'd 3 girls to one punter and we enjoyed skinny dipping and strip pool) 400Baht per hostess...you do the math.

We finished typically at dawn and started again at 1PM. That was 3 nights and 4 days. I consider that unique just by the fact I did not have to put up with the Bar crowds of WS or 7th and 8th. I have seen many a punter's bin for regular tourist crawls equal to that in one night for typical Patty crap.

Ned, your definition of a paragraph is far off from my statement responses to several BM's. I'll try to be less wordy in the future.

Anyway, the good thing is... budgets can dramatically range as well as one's fantasy in Pattaya. If your goal is to save money while on holiday then Pattaya offers a wide range...let's hope not many backpackers read this or I'll never get a good photo of Buddah Hill as they will be in their tents.

You can also just bring a book and enjoy the beach and the massage therapists....food -40 baht, beer- 60 baht, Umbrella -15 baht, chair -10.

Beats Hawaii or Tahiti but the sea here sucks. Heck, if we want to rant on dummies spending too much...it has to be the divers...yet even they may have another motive for being in Patts.

Shit, perhaps I should not mention to Ned I take BG's bungee jumping ,Karting, pantballing ( a blast), jet skiing, paragliding and a few parks on a daily basis. May throw Ned into economic shock. :P

Spent two weeks at Secrets recently. Barfined 10 different girls in 13 days with absolutely no drama. Once the girls found I was a happy butterfly they even helped with recommendations. Heineken at Secrets = 105.

Could you not find the front door

kunjon

..let's hope not many backpackers read this or I'll never get a good photo of Buddah Hill as they will be in their tents.

Is that what you really think.

Do not be scared to break out of the Secrets bubble.

Pattaya is a great place and if you look you will find many great bars with interesting people in them who are not hoping to get a free drink.

pattayarevealedstickergl5.jpg

Stuck in Tokyo married to a women who hates me.... oh the misery!

Could you not find the front door

Is that what you really think.

Do not be scared to break out of the Secrets bubble.

Pattaya is a great place and if you look you will find many great bars with interesting people in them who are not hoping to get a free drink.

Camm1, I doubt we have met since you don't know my ususal bars or my play spots. I just reported on a 4 day stay at a villa not the bars I love.

If you look at Hammer's photo spreads at Cherry parties you will see me. I stayed at PBR and ran up to Rockhouse often for a 50 baht draft and a refreshing time at Lolitas. I crawl weekly on Thursdays. I crawled with many Addicts BMs.....Here I am getting defensive again because of narrow focussed replies. Not worth it...Perhaps we will meet next trip and we can have a beer :Dance1: or 6.

By the way, I even go out during the day and love karting, bungee jumping, paintballing and a baby tiger feed or two. I spend 3 months per year in LOS and get out quite a bit.

If I am in a Bubble it's much larger than Secrets and I am not ready to pop it just yet!

guys , i cant see why anyone would have a go at kuhnjon , for staying at the Secrets retreat or for drinking in Secrets. hes a customer , its his money and he spends it how and were he sees fit , and quite rightly so.

ive never said i didnt think Secrets retreat wasnt nice , i just think its very expensive.

ive never said i didnt think Secrets the bar wasnt nice , its just not any better than many others and again a little expensive.

i think the accommodation at Secrets is pretty good and as my accommodation is far bigger , better furnished and more comfortable that Secrets and at a cheaper price than Secrets , i see that as a selling point for my place.

i occassionally go in to Secrets , and i can confirm it does have as many ex pats as newbies , but were i disagree is that it is particularly busy . every time ive ever been in , with the exception of once or twice , it has very few customers , but those strategically placed mirrors certainly do help to give the illusion of more people being in.

im sure , like all bars ,it does have some very busy nights though.

i dont see any need to criticise Secrets or its customers , but i do think a more balanced review of the place would be better appreciated than the one sided pr campaign it generates on its own forum.

at the end of the day , it aint a bad place.

Edited by mulphy

Here I am getting defensive again because of narrow focussed replies. Not worth it...

Exactly thats Krowdons job

Sounds like you had a great time.

Pity the boards are getting swamped with adverts from bar owners all the time.

Ive got the best bar. My rooms are the biggest. My currys tastes great.

The fact is the best bars are full every night and there is no need to go on the boards to persuade people to go there.

Same for hotel rooms. The good places are booked up for months.

Word of mouth and your own experience is what counts no the rubbish you read on the internet.

pattayarevealedstickergl5.jpg

Stuck in Tokyo married to a women who hates me.... oh the misery!

If I am in a Bubble it's much larger than Secrets and I am not ready to pop it just yet!

it sounds like a fun bubble you lucky sod :P:rolleyes:

The fact is the best bars are full every night and there is no need to go on the boards to persuade people to go there.

Word of mouth and your own experience is what counts no the rubbish you read on the internet.

Awwww. Another fan of mine come to visit... :rolleyes:

Sorry, no cookie for you though. You'll have to get in line, just like the rest of them.

:P

*** If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~Dalai Lama ***

camm 1 ,

the boards owners and moderators invite business owners to join the forum and promote their businesses. so if its good enough for the owners , im sure its good enough for the rest of us.

if you dont want to read what the business owners have to say , its very simple , just dont click on the business section .

pattaya has one of the most competitive markets for bars and accommodation o fany town worldwide with so many different places to choose from , estimated at 5000 recently , so advertising on forums is a sound business move in my opinion.

As I stated before the Villa is not the bar nor the hotel.

I spoke of the Villa and I believe it is a unique venue unless you are an Expat living in a home with a market value above 10 million and in the mood to barfine 6 to 12 girls and party 'til dawn. Then it would be just another day in paradise. :o

As I said, I could go to a Nirvana property, View Talay Villas, Rabbit, Condoms and Cabbages or Suites at Hard Rock, Dusit, Marriott Etc and pay similar rates.

S Retreat is not for very everybody but if you can bear the cost it beats most other accomodations in the price range. Party and service factor is high. I am sure glad I had it for 4 days while the BIB were clamping down on my favorite show spots.

For other hotels I stayed at this trip:

The best current "value property" with a pool and room service surely has to be Pattaya Bay Resort where I spent most of my 2 month stay. I can't say enough about their service and had a great stay there ( Heavens Above owners had a pool party for their girls that I stumbled into...memorable ). My standard room with power and water, was 503 baht per day during their promotion period. I was so tempted by their Cherry Restaurant food that I spent equally as much in room service often. Even at the coming regular prices it is a value.

I also stayed 5 days at Balitaya at 1200 per night for a deluxe room. Nice room and hotel.

I reiterate, there are plenty of budget levelsavailable for accomodations and entertainment in Pattaya....I follow the Boards more for that kind of valid information. I appreciate passion for a subject yet some of these responses to my visit to a Villa seem to be classist with underlying motives. :o

Hell, I can take the Ferry to Koh Larn or a private launch. I can eat on the street or Brunos etc. I can go to Soi 6 for 1000 Baht or Hell Club @ 3000 or visit Ratchida in BKK @ 6000.

Up to me.

Now, if there is no improvement in the value of the dollar I'll be looking for every cheap charlie thread I can find....next trip high season. Treating myself was easier when it was 40 to 1.

Nothing wrong with the retreat at all, we had a great time.......... I would not do it again, but some people would enjoy it again and again....

I said Jim Beam and Coke, not J & B and coke, silly TG............

• 3 weeks later...

IF U CAN AFFORD then i think not a bad idea for the party BLASSSSTTTT...

MAY TRY SOMETIME IN FUTURE MAY BE IN SOME SHORT TRIP.....

LETZZZZZZZZ SEEEEEEE,...........

jm%5E_%5Ehandwritten%5E_%5E4%5E_%5E0%5E_%5EThe+Pool+Party%5E_%5E.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of TR

Just Returned From LOS

Drucken Duck at Soi L K METRO

• 3 weeks later...

i am currently palning my first trip out to Pattaya, this really looks like the place to stay, it really isnt expensive for what it has to offer compared to a london hotel, but i suppose to what you can get for your money out in Pattay as others have said it is very expensive.

• 3 months later...

Personally I wouldnt piss on this place...sent an email to enquire about staying there new year...never even got a reply...after arriving in patts went inside Secrets for a G&T then left quickly...dont see what all the fuss is about...certainly wont be having a drink in there again too boring for me

"To monger, or not to monger, that is the question"

Personally I wouldnt piss on this place...sent an email to enquire about staying there new year...never even got a reply...after arriving in patts went inside secrets for a G&T then left quickly...dont see what all the fuss is about...certainly wont be having a drink in there again too boring for me

Fuck me...you got served?????..More than I did on my LAST two occaisions!!...But this isn't what the thread is about though is it??

Lets keep this on track guys. This thread is about Secrets VIP Retreat. Not about Secrets. Any posts that go off track will be removed.

Testicles