Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Palmers Bar

blue1878

palmers now closed as of end of jan 2018. signs gone. finito completo..................

5a7a41c5163ef_feb6012(Custom).JPG.ddc95529208b026e678e7b95e1ea9982.JPG

and the old site......................

5a7a41e25a326_feb6010(Custom).JPG.d15e5037aee3101f0841ddaf59f1d49e.JPG

word is an indian hotel.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/02/2018 at 00:02, striderman said:

palmers now closed as of end of jan 2018. signs gone. finito completo..................

5a7a41c5163ef_feb6012(Custom).JPG.ddc95529208b026e678e7b95e1ea9982.JPG

and the old site......................

5a7a41e25a326_feb6010(Custom).JPG.d15e5037aee3101f0841ddaf59f1d49e.JPG

word is an indian hotel.

Sadly its an end of an era.  I first drank in this bar in 1992 and the last time was January 3rd this year.

The next time I visit Pattaya I will take a stroll down this soi and it wont be the same

1 hour ago, blue1878 said:

Sadly its an end of an era.  I first drank in this bar in 1992 and the last time was January 3rd this year.

The next time I visit Pattaya I will take a stroll down this soi and it wont be the same

Cheers has also closed.

4 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Cheers has also closed.

cheers shut end of december 2017

1 hour ago, striderman said:

cheers shut end of december 2017

29 years the bar was open which is a very good run for any business.

Colin is my brother-in-law. Stan has moved to Chiang Rai and is not doing too well health wise.

I spoke to Bob the day before they closed. He did say he would be looking for another suitable place to open again. But I got the impression he did not think what he was looking for would be available.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

2 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

29 years the bar was open which is a very good run for any business.

Colin is my brother-in-law. Stan has moved to Chiang Rai and is not doing too well health wise.

It's a shame that Cheers has also closed down.  Colin is a nice guy.

2 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

I spoke to Bob the day before they closed. He did say he would be looking for another suitable place to open again. But I got the impression he did not think what he was looking for would be available.

From what I can gather Bob is still looking.  It's not easy to find a suitable venue.  Bars in a good area that make money don't always come along very often

• 2 months later...

There was a rumour that Bob was moving back into the place shown above.

7 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

That would be good if it happened.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/06/2018 at 13:35, Billyboy294 said:

Bob is the kind of guy that loves running a bar

I know he was looking for a bar when the old  Palmers closed down

On 6/22/2018 at 19:35, Billyboy294 said:

I spoke to Bob tonight and asked him if the rumour was true. He said it depends on the money.  So i assume If the rent is acceptable to him he will be back there.

8 hours ago, misteregg said:

Quite simply, Palmer’s he the best English Food in Pattaya. Good luck to him. Hope he gets a new place.

When I am in Pattaya I mainly eat Thai or English food.  And over the years I've had plenty of English food at Palmers.  It would be great if he re-opened before my next visit

4 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

I spoke to Bob tonight and asked him if the rumour was true. He said it depends on the money.  So i assume If the rent is acceptable to him he will be back there.

It would be great if Bob re-opened Palmers bar again.  I've been drinking and eating at Palmers since my first trip in 1992.  So Pattaya wont be the same if he doesnt re-open.  I know he does miss running a bar but I also think that if he doesnt open up again then he should just sit back and enjoy living in Pattaya

One thing I will say is if he does reopen he needs to be better at social media. Now eating out is very much about Facebook and Instagram these days. You can't just rely on word of mouth.

See you at Le Pub, soi Diamond.

Le Pub Facebook Page

Le Pub YouTube Channel

On 20/07/2018 at 20:09, misteregg said:

One thing I will say is if he does reopen he needs to be better at social media. Now eating out is very much about Facebook and Instagram these days. You can't just rely on word of mouth.

misteregg I have to agree with you

Bob is a great guy but he never really posted about his bar and his food on the internet.

The last 2 or 3 Christmas's that I have been in Pattaya I would post Palmers Christmas Dinners in the Facebook topics that promoted Pattaya eating places.  And would include a photo of the prices

• 1 month later...

Any guys in Pattaya know if Bob is going to open a new bar

I've been visiting Pattaya since 1992 and theres always been a Palmers Bar.  And for a short while there was even a Palmers 2 on the 2nd road

So when I return in December its going to feel strange there not being a Palmers Bar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

activity spotted yesterday at the smaller site, the last one used by palmers

5bac4612f0c28_26sept013(Custom).JPG.97beacca01a77e8ec541a64980411edd.JPG

after a peak inside.............wooden cabinets on the sides so i'm guessing some sort of retail possibly a much needed tailors

• 1 month later...

turned out not a tailors but an equally vital thai/chinese herbal place290174998_19nov008(Custom).JPG.9e5e7bc76df9f75b0301c770e10813a1.JPG

the bigger site still up 4 grabs

489236860_19nov007(Custom).JPG.acee408d2955dbadc05b91e4de71be14.JPG

• 4 months later...

update on that site above.....................

197934067_8april001(Custom).JPG.9d087331b9c9db90f17bcef540856797.JPG

entrance on the side cut to 13/3 to the right of the white cars

94654092_8april002(Custom).JPG.aaee9a1ba6c9011bfbff1f7b1b21e6b4.JPG

and in the evenings some sort of indian restaurant . poor pic.................

362652372_20april002(Custom).JPG.7271b9d316de38c948507c2ac2041bf7.JPG

• 1 month later...

I found soi 13/3 and soi 13/4 back in 1992 these two soi's were brilliant Soi's.  There were loads of great girly bars and gogo's. Palmers was one of the busiest.  Lots of girls worked there plus they did food plus the bat had two quiz teams and a darts team.  Palmers quickly became my local in Pattaya.  A lot of expats drank there plus a lot of guys would return there during each holiday.  A lot of guys reckoned that for a long time Soi 13/3 and Soi 13/4 rivalled nearby WS

If I understand it correctly a thai bloke owned a lot of the buildings and rented them out. And when he died his thai wife took ownership and it's because off her that a lot of the girlie bars and gogo's closed and became gay establishments.  So other bars suffered because of it and eventually places like Palmers and Cheers closed :Anger:

On a different note can one of the Mods change the heading for this section.  This section lists Soi 13, 13/1, 13/2 and soi 13/3 but not Soi 13/4.    Soi 13/4 for a long time was a fantastic soi and deserves/needs to be remembered

Well Bob did not go back to his original restaurant in SS Residence as he was thinking on doing but it would appear the rent asked was more than he wanted to pay.

It looks like a Thai lot have opened a sort of open cafe.

On 30/05/2019 at 13:58, Billyboy294 said:

Well Bob did not go back to his original restaurant in SS Residence as he was thinking on doing but it would appear the rent asked was more than he wanted to pay.

It looks like a Thai lot have opened a sort of open cafe.

That's a shame but at least we know Bob is still looking to open a bar

Archived