IGNORED

Palmers Bar

blue1878

Ive been in the shamrock for 3 weeks, like striderman says, only one or two customers in malibu restaurant, they do not show any prices for their drinks etc, it must be turning into a big money pit for the owners.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed I like Cheers personally.  I think they have the cheapest drinks around that area and they serve Palmers and other restaurants food, just ask for a menu and Palmers (or other restaurants) servers bring it to you.  It's interesting that they just have the restaurants bring over their food to their place since Cheers doesn't make food...and they don't upcharge.  Plates, silverware and sauces are brought over from the restaurant with your food.  Best view of the street from Cheers IMO.

I was at Cheers last night and just saw someone get the meatball sub from Viking Beachcomber.  It was massive, I may get one today I think from there.  The server from Viking brought the sub over with plates and silverware and charged the guy directly for the food, then later she came and collected the plate.

13/4 is a great soi.  My hopes are that someone with big $ buys the building that currently houses palmers and opens a girl bar and renovates all the rooms into proper lodging for falangs.  This could jump start that soi and could send it into the right direction.  Until they have proper lodging on that soi it will continue to be in flux.  Yes SPAM WORD is a hotel, but it really isn't a proper loding for most people who come to Pattaya.

My favourite bar is Palmers but I do like Cheers as well.  And I like the guys who run this bar and I've always got on well with Colin.

Colin is a big Rugby Union fan and will be supporting Wales in next years RU world cup.  I would love England to do better in the world cup so that I can give Colin some friendly stick.

I also agree with you that some one with big ££ comes in and buys the building that houses Palmers and does something really great with it.  One of the big things about this building is that it's in soi 13/4 which means it is very close to WS so with the correct investment and some good ideas it could become a great soi again

I only just discovered Palmer's Cod dinner.

Cod & Chips & Peas & B&B - 240 Baht.

The reason I didn't spot it before is that strangely it isn't in the Menu (only cheaper Dory option) and when I asked the service girl for it she didn't know what I was talking about.

Fortunately I remembered that I'd seen it on a board on the wall at the back on one of the rare occasions that I didn't sit facing out.

TBH the cooking wasn't 100% (chips under done and batter not crisp) and I thought I was getting mushy not garden peas, but the fact that it was a large, real, genuine, flaky Cod fillet made up for that and I'll definitely try it again.

Palmers also does a lot of catering around town so even though there may not be a lot of customers it seems he still does a fair trade. Bob's food is always good. He has been around doing this for quite a while so not sure how much longer he'll really want to be doing biz before retiring

Palmers also does a lot of catering around town so even though there may not be a lot of customers it seems he still does a fair trade. Bob's food is always good. He has been around doing this for quite a while so not sure how much longer he'll really want to be doing biz before retiring

He does all our party food at Babydolls always top notch

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

He does all our party food at babydolls always top notch

Missed the Steak Pie lately and having to go to Soi 13/3 for my fix............

.........and pay for it.    :Cry3:

I think Bob and his missus has been running Palmers since 1991.  So he has been running the bar for a long time.  And a lot of customers actually think his surname is Palmer. I remember a few years ago Bob did get a bit fed up with running a bar and did think about retiring but he had a change of heart and decided to carry on.  I think he really loves running a bar and meeting people.  And providing food to gogo's like Babydolls and Private Dancer allows him to get out and about visit these interesting gogo's.

I dont think he has any plans to retire just yet because now would have been a good time to possibly retire.  The building that Palmers is located in is up for sale.  And instead of retiring due to losing his bar he decides to relocate to premises across the road.

And I believe Palmers will be in there current location until after Xmas

Missed the Steak Pie lately and having to go to Soi 13/3 for my fix............

.........and pay for it.    :Cry3:

OnTheEdge Palmers bar is in soi 13/4 (Pattayaland soi 2) and the Steak Pie is very good

Anyone know the date of the Palmers relocation? And whether or not he will also be renting rooms as well - and if so are they also being rehabbed?

I think Bob and his missus has been running Palmers since 1991.  So he has been running the bar for a long time.  And a lot of customers actually think his surname is Palmer. I remember a few years ago Bob did get a bit fed up with running a bar and did think about retiring but he had a change of heart and decided to carry on.  I think he really loves running a bar and meeting people.  And providing food to gogo's like Babydolls and Private Dancer allows him to get out and about visit these interesting gogo's.

I dont think he has any plans to retire just yet because now would have been a good time to possibly retire.  The building that Palmers is located in is up for sale.  And instead of retiring due to losing his bar he decides to relocate to premises across the road.

And I believe Palmers will be in there current location until after Xmas

a little earlier i think.remember going into palmers and cheers bar in 1989 when bob was next door to colins bar.i still use these bars and a great loss this year is the closing of dave mackies bar,the kennel in the cross alley ,back next month for my 5 month r&r.

Anyone know the date of the Palmers relocation? And whether or not he will also be renting rooms as well - and if so are they also being rehabbed?

no idea. but he is still trading at his current location.

i looked in the new place today and the progress did not merit me getting my camera out

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to go in there and have a drink before he relocates even though he isn't going far. just a nostalgia thing. I remember back when Pattayaland 2 was full on i would head in there for a fill up, great food.

the old and the new and the power of the unrelenting pattaya sun

attachicon.gifdec 13 168_800x600.jpg

attachicon.gifdec 13 167_800x600.jpg

hi strider man,can i ask a favour please.if you are passing cheers bar can you post a photo.will not be in town at christmas for the first time in years and i like to see the big effort colin puts into the christmas spirit.cheers piehead.

hi strider man,can i ask a favour please.if you are passing cheers bar can you post a photo.will not be in town at christmas for the first time in years and i like to see the big effort colin puts into the christmas spirit.cheers piehead.

Colin is my brother-in-law and as for lashing out with Xmas spirit you got to be joking. They have the most uncomfortable chairs in Pattaya. Even then they picked them up for nothing when one of the big hotels did a refurb.

That said he is having a bad run at the moment with his wife in a Bangkok hospital getting treatment for cancer.

it looks the same as 1988 (i think that's the year they started) except like the sign pic above slightly faded.

sorry to hear about nee,wishing her and colin all the best our thoughts are with them for a happy outcome,hopefully.

I'll have to go in there and have a drink before he relocates even though he isn't going far. just a nostalgia thing. I remember back when Pattayaland 2 was full on i would head in there for a fill up, great food.

Yes i remember when it had about 6 gogos (and that was only the girlie ones)

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

festive fever has yet to grip cheers bar..............

dec 17 141_800x600.jpg

dec 17 142_800x600.jpg

dec 17 144_800x600.jpg

if santas helpers happen by maybe they could give the place a deep clean

dec 17 143_800x470.jpg

festive fever has yet to grip cheers bar..............

You must have taken that photo sometime between 1 and 2:30pm. George on the front left only comes out at those times and orders his daily plate of 1 sausage, beans and toast from Palmers. Brooksy is next to him in the blue shirt.

thanks striderman ,we gave colin our christmas tree and all our christmas decs when we left in march as we were not doing xmas in los any more.the bloody tight bugger as flogged them more likely than not.oh well our go at trying to brighten the place up for xmas fell flat.be having a cold one there on the 16th of next month.cheers.

Archived