IGNORED

Palmers Bar

blue1878

This time next week I will be arriving in Pattaya and during my first evening I will be drinking in my favourite bar.  I've been drinking in Palmers Bar ever since my first visit to Pattaya back in 1992.  And it is still run by Bob and Somjai who are a great couple.  And Palmers is a great bar to visit if you just want to chill out and have a few beers and watch the world go by.  

Oppisate Palmers is a Gay gogo and the gogo employes a guy who's job it is to try and get customers to go inside and he is very very funny.  It's great sitting in Palmers watching him work.  He normally starts the evening wearing trousers and shoes but usually ends the evening wearing little shorts and high heals.  And when he walks along side guys trying to get them into his gogo he has a very funny and camp walk.

Anyway getting back to Palmers it serves up great English food.  And if your into quiz's you are more than welcome to join Palmers Quiz team when they play in the Monday and Wednesday night quiz leagues.

And on Friday nights they take part in the darts league

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Palmers do as good a 'Mince and mash' as i have ever tasted 165 Baht.. I usually do a take-away as too much for me at one sitting..

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Who here remembers Palmers when it was in a different location?

Used to be located where Cafe New Orleans is now on the same soi. 

I used to play darts and quiz league there

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

I like the beef stew & shepherds pie from Palmers.

I drink in Cheers Bar & have the food brought over to me.

• 1 month later...

I always visit Palmers when in Patts. I can drink and think back of the good old days when Pattayaland was just as good as Soi LK.

Nice English breakfast there !

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

• 1 month later...

The food is horrible at best. You're better off getting a TV dinner. The eggs appear to be held together with scotch tape. The minced pie was rubbery. The peas were mushy. Great place to go if you want to lose some weight.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

The food is horrible at best. You're better off getting a TV dinner. The eggs appear to be held together with scotch tape. The minced pie was rubbery. The peas were mushy. Great place to go if you want to lose some weight. Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

A particularly mean-spirited and nasty review....of course no-one knows your agenda in posting such nonsense but besmirching the good reputation of Palmers by attacking the quality of their food is bizarre. Serving great food is what they consistently excel at.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I have NO agenda. I'm a first time visited. I'm just giving my opinion. Nice place, great location, friendly and helpful patrons but lousy food. Nothing personal. I gave a substantial tip as I don't blame the food on the server

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Palmers is noted for it's food and they also supply a lot of falang run walking st gogo's with party food when they have an event on

The patrons must be English who are really not known for good food.....55555

I actually saw them using their food for street repair work on Soi 13

I actually saw them using their food for street repair work on Soi 13

well lets examine the facts.

Palmers has been trading in pattaya for 23 years and in that location since 1998 ie. 16 years.

Ok you win. The food is great. Sorry I said anything.

MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR APPOLOGY TO PALMERS BAR. I TOTALLY SCREWED UP.

THE PLACE I ATE AT WAS SHAMROCK NOT PALMERS.

MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR APPOLOGY TO PALMERS BAR. I TOTALLY SCREWED UP.

THE PLACE I ATE AT WAS SHAMROCK NOT PALMERS.

i've never eaten in Palmers but i have walked past it enough times to see it doing a fair turnover in food.

but fair does you came clean on a mistake and not everyposter would do that

taken today

march april 6 226_800x600.jpg

Palmers

march april 6 227_800x514.jpg

Shamrock

I've been a regular at Palmers ever since I first visited Pattaya way back in 1992 and it has always been known for selling good English food.  Palmers is run by Bob and his thai wife Somjai.  And Bob has always prided himself on Palmers selling decent food.  

I regularly buy their 'Mince and Mash' but take away and it is a good as any i have ever tasted, I think 165 baht.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

• 4 weeks later...

I just returned home from 9 days in Patts, and ate lunch probably 7 days at Palmers. Always good food, and the Tiger beer is always cold. A mainstay in Pattaya.

Never been in here been past enough times over the Years what is the Breakfast like and when do they serve it to ?

Plus what sort of Tea do they have ?

Ghosty

• 2 months later...

I like that bar as well. Friendly service, and a comfy place to enjoy a cold one.

• 1 month later...

palmers is closing down as the lease is up and the building as been sold.bob is trying to find a new place and is looking at moo cow  and LK Metro areas,daves bar the kennel as already closed due to the sale of the building.been going there since 1987 when palmers was next door to colins bar cheers.sad,sad loss.

Been a few times and tried various meals, never had a bad one but the chicken dinner and the steak pie and chips were nice, and if your not too hungry try the pea and ham soup.

palmers is closing down as the lease is up and the building as been sold.bob is trying to find a new place and is looking at moo cow  and lk metro areas,daves bar the kennel as already closed due to the sale of the building.been going there since 1987 when palmers was next door to colins bar cheers.sad,sad loss.

i understood he was moving but within the same soi

Archived