IGNORED

Palmers Bar

blue1878

What about Jolly Friar. Perhaps too small.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is palmers still open

Bob was in Babydolls tonight and saying he had found a place just across the Soi from where he is now to relocate to Good man Bob

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

thats great new.is he going back to his roots-next door to cheers bar ex cafe new orleans?.

unsure just which place just stated across from where he was

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

thats great new.is he going back to his roots-next door to cheers bar ex cafe new orleans?.

the ex cafe new orleans was recently refitted as malibu restaurant.........

sept 22 036_800x450.jpg

took this pic 1 or 2 days ago

• 2 weeks later...

After reading this thread I'll make a point of calling in Palmers for a cold one or two end of this month when I'm down in Pattaya.

Sounds like he may be in his new premises then

After reading this thread I'll make a point of calling in Palmers for a cold one or two end of this month when I'm down in Pattaya.

Sounds like he may be in his new premises then

an update would be great as i don't get back until jan.

still in the old location at the moment

• 3 weeks later...

still trading at the old location but work starting opposite now.......

oct 27 121_800x600.jpg

oct 27 122_800x401.jpg

Babydolls don't have nearly enough parties balloons.jpg so I have to go there to get my Steak & Kidney Pie fix.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to Pattaya for Christmas and New Year so it will be interesting to see if Palmers will still be in it's current location or will have moved across the road by then.

I'm really pleased that Bob and Somjai have been able to stay in Soi 13/4.  I think this soi is a great place to visit for a drink, a chat and watch the world go by.  And it's very close to WS so guys who like WS can call into Palmers for a beer or two, get great English food and then walk the short distance to WS and visit there favourite bars and gogo's there

Do you think their best option is a single shophouse in Soi Pattayaland 2? I don't and I thought they would have had a big enough following to relocate to bigger premises.

I heard the Viking Beachcomber bar is going to close soon.  I heard the same thing that he is moving into the jewlers shop pictured above.  Not sure how loosing a corner bar with all its visibility will do, but he has a loyal following.  I heard he will have the rooms up above the new place to rent out also.

Personally I prefer to look at passing girls rather than "chaps" but the food always makes it worth it.

It does seem that he is moving directly across into the old gold shop but it is far smaller and of course wont have the openness that the current location has..

No matter, the food is great and very reasonably priced

The 120 baht breakfast including a mug of tea or coffee I think is the best value in Pattaya, followed by the 99 baht one at The Swan.. 

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

...and the Happy Place gay club has just closed down,so fewer guys in their underwear mincing around,yelping and shrieking to distract you from your food and drink.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

...and the Happy Place gay club has just closed down,so fewer guys in their underwear mincing around,yelping and shrieking to distract you from your food and drink.

That was the reason I never visit at night,, closed ?, maybe the "bottom" has dropped out of the market. :GoldenSmile1:

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Where Palmers bar is located now is perfect.  It's a corner bar and you can more easily see whats going on in the soi.  

When I've been in the bar I've never been bothered about the gay gogo oppisate.  The place has actually provided some fun free entertainment.  You would sometimes see the gay place put on a free show outside the gogo which usually made customers in Palmers bar and other places smile.  And they used to have a guy working outside the bar trying to get people inside and he was always very camp and funny to watch.  If it's true that it has closed down I hope that whoever takes it over turns it into a girlie bar of gogo and not another gay place.

If the ex gold shop is now being got ready for Palmers to move into I hope it doesnt happen till after Christmas and New Year

has new Orleans closed or moved??? ...man they had the best spare ribs I have ever tasted.

Shame about the soi going Gay (not that there is anything wrong with Gay) but in 2001 to 2005 had some really good nights on this soi Classroom been the focal point , 

Hardly ventured down Walking Street in those days. Wondered around the bars and GoGo in this soi. Mainly Classroom and Kittens. Chart looked after us in the Classroom and his Missus at the time Tim (mamasam) looked after us in the Kittens. 

When the soi closed at 2am we would head out with the staff to eat, drink & dance the rest of the night away  :-)

Palmers was key for a time-out,  get some food inside you or just a quite beer  till you got your pace back, the corner location brilliant for relax and people watching. Had some great UK food there. 

Xmas Day was a brilliant time in the classroom.... Palmers supplied the full xmas dinner and all you could drink till 6pm if I remember.

New orleans had some real good food there as well so sad to see it all changing so much. 

has new Orleans closed or moved??? ...man they had the best spare ribs I have ever tasted.

new orleans closed some time ago.

it was re-furbed into the malibu restaurant (you can see the sign on the right of my pic above.

i have yet to see a customer in the place ot any time i have walked by.

Personally I prefer to look at passing girls rather than "chaps" but the food always makes it worth it.

It does seem that he is moving directly across into the old gold shop but it is far smaller and of course wont have the openness that the current location has..

No matter, the food is great and very reasonably priced

The 120 baht breakfast including a mug of tea or coffee I think is the best value in Pattaya, followed by the 99 baht one at The Swan..

Have to agree both decent quality at a good price

I would love to see fellow Pattaya Addicts frequent bars like Palmers and Cheers in Pattayaland Soi 14/4.  They are great bars and should not suffer because they are close to Boyztown

Agreed I like Cheers personally.  I think they have the cheapest drinks around that area and they serve Palmers and other restaurants food, just ask for a menu and Palmers (or other restaurants) servers bring it to you.  It's interesting that they just have the restaurants bring over their food to their place since Cheers doesn't make food...and they don't upcharge.  Plates, silverware and sauces are brought over from the restaurant with your food.  Best view of the street from Cheers IMO.

I was at Cheers last night and just saw someone get the meatball sub from Viking Beachcomber.  It was massive, I may get one today I think from there.  The server from Viking brought the sub over with plates and silverware and charged the guy directly for the food, then later she came and collected the plate.

13/4 is a great soi.  My hopes are that someone with big $ buys the building that currently houses palmers and opens a girl bar and renovates all the rooms into proper lodging for falangs.  This could jump start that soi and could send it into the right direction.  Until they have proper lodging on that soi it will continue to be in flux.  Yes Penthouse is a hotel, but it really isn't a proper loding for most people who come to Pattaya.

Archived