IGNORED

Fake watches

Glenn A

I got mine in bkk in MBK 2nd floor and it came with a 2 year warrenty after 1 year it stopped working and they fixed it no questions asked no argument, when i went to pick it up the guy next to me was getting his cleaned and he had it for 4 years she charged him 100baht it was 1400baht i know expensive but lasted longer than my 150baht watch from a beer bar and it looks like a rolex

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never seen the sense in buying one of these fakes Rolex or other top designer brands, what you are buying is a crappy watch with a low quality finish and dirt cheap inners. For much the same price, perhaps a little bit more, you can buy a Casio and they are very good watches that last a long time.

I never seen the sense in buying one of these fakes Rolex or other top designer brands, what you are buying is a crappy watch with a low quality finish and dirt cheap inners. For much the same price, perhaps a little bit more, you can buy a Casio and they are very good watches that last a long time.

Don't knock it until you try it.

I bought a Breitling Bentley in 2005 and it still works. People really take notice of it because it's a big watch, all chrome, and looks expensive. With Rolex, people will automatically look at the movement to see if the second hand sweeps. Most fakes tick and they know you have a fake. But with Breitling, TAG, etc., people never see those and just assume your watch is real. I've gotten so many compliments about my fake Breitling. People ask me how much I paid and I just say "1500" and they assume $1500 USD but I don't tell them it's really 1500 baht. :P

Don't knock it until you try it.

I bought a Breitling Bentley in 2005 and it still works. People really take notice of it because it's a big watch, all chrome, and looks expensive. With Rolex, people will automatically look at the movement to see if the second hand sweeps. Most fakes tick and they know you have a fake. But with Breitling, TAG, etc., people never see those and just assume your watch is real. I've gotten so many compliments about my fake Breitling. People ask me how much I paid and I just say "1500" and they assume $1500 USD but I don't tell them it's really 1500 baht. :P

Top end fakes have the radar sweep, i saw some in turkey, but at the end of the day you cannot fake quaility. If you take a ford and shape it like a rolls royce you will know the difference.

Top end fakes have the radar sweep, i saw some in turkey, but at the end of the day you cannot fake quaility. If you take a ford and shape it like a rolls royce you will know the difference.

Yeah but most people have never seen or have very rarely seen a Rolls Royce up close so they won't know any of the fine details about it.

Same thing with a Breitling. Most people (especially women) never see a guy wear a Breitling. They just see a big fancy cool-looking watch and they assume it's genuine and very expensive. Most people are going to see your watch from a few feet away, so are they really going to try to find all the fine details to prove it's a fake? They might be more skeptical with a Rolex, but Breitling and TAG, etc. people will assume is real because they hardly ever see.

You can always say that you get what you pay for and the real watch is always worth the extra money. It's easier to say if you're a guy with extra cash. But to me, I mostly care about if the watch works well and looks good. The fakes that I've bought have worked very well and look very good and can fool most people who don't how to spot fake watches. It's usually the watch snob kind of guys who make a big deal about "why buy a fake?" but I want to impress the ladies not other guys so these fake watches serve their purpose well. Plus, I'm not a rich guy and I can afford an entire trip to LOS for the cost of one of those genuine Rolexes or Breitlings.

Anybody bothers you in Pattaya selling fake watches then just smile and say no thanks.These watches are absolute shit and fall apart really quickly,save your money.Also goes for many fake t-shirts which shrink the first time you wash them and then it is all down hill from there,they look great when you are buying them.

Mr Jack in Soi buakhow... sell a really good quality. He gives 1 year guarantee.

He is very friendly.

Btw. he makes glasses too

I went to see Mr. Jack. He seems like a reputable dealer, but the thing I didn't like was that he did not have many watches in the store. For most of the watches, you had to look through a catalog and pick ones you liked. Almost all the ones I liked were ones he had to order. I prefer to be in the store and look at the watch I'm thinking of buying right then.

I ended up buying a diamond Rolex from a lady on the corner of Soi 13 and Beach Rd. She took me to a back room with hundreds of watches - Omega, TAG, Breitling, Rolex, etc. She gave me a 1 year guarantee and I got a better price than at Jack's so I decided to buy from her. Plus the watch I was interested in she had on hand and Jack had to order.

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up buying two watches in March, one of them failed within days, the other one I bought from a woman that had a small shop outside of the mall by the Marriott, she had the"good ones" in a little back room. got a real nice Folex, yeh it's a fake but from a distance it looks real and it actually keeps good time, had it for a few months now and no complaints. Got a few guys at work that want me to bring one back for them in November.

• 2 months later...

my friend bought 12 for his family for xmass and i think the only one still working is his one lol all the others have gone in the bin , i know i will never buy one lol

You really need to know your stuff when youa re looking at them.

Most quality fakes that will last a long time and you wont have problems with start at 2000 baht and go up from there.

If a watch is below a 1000 baht you are going get real problems. Think what you get from a watch shop in your own country for $30

“So I see this Thai girl in a bar. I ask her, would you sleep with me for 1 million baht? She says, YES! Then, I ask her, would you sleep with me for 20 baht? She screams, NO WAY! WHAT KIND OF PERSON DO YOU THINK I AM? So, I tell her, we’ve already established what kind of person you are. Now, we are just negotiating the price.â€

I bought a Breitling in Bangkok a couple of years ago and pulled the winder to adjust it and it broke. I still have it because I paid 1000THB for it. It does look good and if I shake it a few times it starts ticking and it is heavy like a real one and the small dials work after a fashion. I thought about getting the winder fixed but they know it is a fake and will not touch it. Shame. Anybody got any good luck to spare, pass it on to me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I bought a Patek Philipe  2 yrs ago from the front of Mikes Mall. The general rule was you had to see the girl selling t shirts on the right of the steps looking from Beach Road and buy a couple of t shirts and she would take you to the tattoo studio just inside on the right. They had the watches in a locked cabinet at the back of the studio and used to lock the front door before opening up for extra security and privacy. I asked my mate to get me another one last year but he said its shut down and is now a KFC!!!

Does anyone know where they have gone? my mate got me one from a different shop and its not a patch on the one I got. I own a genuine Cartier Panther le must and a Rolex Submariner but wear the Patek Philipe as it looks great, the rose gold not discoloured and still keeps perfect time.

I meet people from all walks of life in my line of work and many of the rich folk with money and decent watches always take a second look and have been asked several times if its real

• 3 weeks later...

Last year I bought two watches from Mr Wongs he Pattaya Tai Market. Highly recommend. He was impeccably polite and helpful. Six months later I brought him one watches that have a defect. No problem with the exchange and repair.

I bought a Breitling in Bangkok a couple of years ago and pulled the winder to adjust it and it broke. I still have it because I paid 1000THB for it. It does look good and if I shake it a few times it starts ticking and it is heavy like a real one and the small dials work after a fashion. I thought about getting the winder fixed but they know it is a fake and will not touch it. Shame. Anybody got any good luck to spare, pass it on to me.

Any of the small watch repairers in Pattaya would be able to replace the stem for you, probably cost a couple of hundred baht.

Seen some real nice replica Breitlings with the quartz movement which are very accurate and reliable, won't get one for a grand though.

• 2 months later...

Bolly u know him too? I always get great replicas from him and the movement and quality are all top notch. Dont expect to get them for 500 baht though. I have bought Tag, breitling, rolex, panerais from him as well as patek watches..in 3 years not one has broken or stopped.. End of soi buackpuw 2 brothers and a lady, Jacks wife run a watch shop. Ask to see the replicas and he will take you round back..

His top of the line copy rolex you cannot distinguish from the real thing. My cousin brother has a real rolex. When I showed him mine, we felt the weight, etc.. and you seriously couldnt tell the difference.

can you post a pic of the shop with name... that would be easy to find them down...

Archived