Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Fake watches

Glenn A

How does one know they are buying Taiwanese vs Japanese? Besides the shop keepers word.

Zarahs has been there for 20 years and is famous for quality and honesty with many expats and visitors. If you let them know you only want the 'A Grade' watches that is what they will show you or they will get them in for you if they dont have the particular model you want in stock

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zarahs has been there for 20 years and is famous for quality and honesty with many expats and visitors. If you let them know you only want the 'A Grade' watches that is what they will show you or they will get them in for you if they dont have the particular model you want in stock

What prices are we talking about, here?

Somewhere in this thread, some people mentioned 10,000-20,000 THB

I had to go and lie down in a darkened room for 30 minutes after reading that !!!! :Clap9:

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

i got (i thought) ripped off by a little indian chappy in Phuket 5 years ago.

paid 3,000 baht but i tell you what it's still to the second by toshiba time !.

bret.jpg

Sarah/Zara is the best

i have bought heaps from her

one is 1,500 to 3,500 depending on watch and quality

i buy rolex, bell and ross and panarai

i pay about 2,000 per and usually buy 2-4 watches

i have had a couple of duds or ones that broke

she fixed and or replaced no questions asked

she is a nice lady

gets a ton of fat sweaty guys that offer her 100 for a 2,000 watch

after having her show them 20 watches over 45 min

then walk away when she wont take 100

so she might be a bit testy when you see her

Over 100 visits to the Kingdom

First in 2001 -

TG with me in USA since Nov 2008

Married to her since Jan 2009 .....OOPS Divorce in 2015...NEXT

You know, I was so focused on the nightlife scene and how not to get ripped off that it never really crossed my mind that acceptable fakes are available.

Thank you all for the info, I plan on looking up some of these dealers! Nephews will appreciate the bling

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves!!

What prices are we talking about, here?

Somewhere in this thread, some people mentioned 10,000-20,000 THB

I had to go and lie down in a darkened room for 30 minutes after reading that !!!! :GoldenSmile1:

Hedonist

They will be marked at 4-5 k but usuually sell for around 2-2.5k for the a quality. i dont know about 10-20k copies but that seems crazy to me.

I am not a watch nut but I do have friends who are collectors and own originals worth tens of thousands of dollars. When they are in market for copies they go to Zarahs and pre order

Everyone I know of that is into watches and replica watches buy from there

Another thing to note is they will repair any watch bought from there free of charge

They have all the catalogues for you to choose from but they wont have every model. They will get them for you though but can take a couple of days to a few weeks

just make sure you tell them you want the A grade or taiwanese copies and they will look after you

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

Why would anyone seek to buy anything fake.

Think about it ... what does that make you?

It doesnt make you anything mate. A good quality 'copy' watch make excellent gifts

People ask for advice they got advice

nothing more, nothing less. Maybe you are 'thinking' about things too much????

It doesnt make you anything mate. A good quality 'copy' watch make excellent gifts

If I was the recipient of such gift it would quickly get "damages", "stolen" or "lost".

I would be ashamed to give it and offended to receive it.

Ok if we are going to play amateur psychology

What does it say about you that you post on a sex tourists board?

What does it say about you that you go to Thailand to pay for sex?

What does it say about you that you post on a sex tourists board and go to thailand and pay for sex yet advertise a childrens chariity in your signature? (Guilt or something more sinister??)

See what happens when you "think' too much and make STUPID assumtions

Cheers DHDK

Ok if we are going to play amateur psychology

What does it say about you that you post on a sex tourists board?

That I am a monger

What does it say about you that you go to Thailand to pay for sex?

That I am a monger

What does it say about you that you post on a sex tourists board and go to thailand and pay for sex yet advertise a childrens chariity in your signature? (Guilt or something more sinister??)

That I am a monger who also believes in charity

See what happens when you "think' too much and make STUPID assumtions

Cheers DHDK

Make of it what you like, however, I fail to see what your comments about me have to do with fake goods

I made no assumptions

Fake is fake and that, in and of itself, speaks volumes.

I think you think too mut

When in Phnom Penh one could check out the fake watch sellers at the Russian market, I had some real good ones there, never more than 20 $, various quality though I guess, had on or two not so good ones as well.

Sarah in Pattaya fixed one of them that got broken, still running now, after four years.

Because not everyone can afford or sees the point in buying the real thing.

it makes me smart :)

If one for example likes the look of style of a Rolex watch I can understand buying a none-Rolex of similar style.

What I cannot understand is why someone seeks to buy a fake Rolex watch with a Rolex logo.

If one cannot afford a Rolex why pretend that he can.

what if they can afford it , but would rather spend the money on blow jobs ? :001_Thank_You5:

I would love to be able to get one of these.The price of £17000+ for the real thing rules it out though,and i really don't think i could get a copy of it in Thailand.

R50-TN-AJ.jpg

R50_TN_AJ_0030.jpg

I paid 600 baht for my Rolex on my first trip. The guy swore to me that it was not fake, so I'm good there.

It's called a souvenir.

I didn't go looking for watches but 600 bt was probably at the low end of what I spent on souviners.

You can get exceptionally nice looking genuine watches for around $100 if you just look long enough and hard enough.

Like this one...

DSCF5594.jpg

That's an Orient CET05001 Multi Pointer that retails for just a smidge over a Benjamin. Nice watch. Automatic with sweeping motion. Japanese made and water resistant up to 50 meters (don't go swimming with it, but it's fine in the rain).

Most genuine watches for under $200 look sloppy, clunky and just butt-ass-fugly. Most, not all.

As I stated days ago, I love my Breitling and Omega Seamaster replicas. They are super cool. Actually, I have the Omega to my brother in-law and wish I could find another replica just like it, but unfortunately, so far the fakes I have found are of low quality.

I was really looking for a panerai tourbillon when I went a few weeks ago. Unfortunately Zara's shop had a sign up saying closed until nov 1, and jack's could order it but it would't be in until after I came back. (they said they could order any of the panerai watches in top quality format). Mr Wong was adamant that the top quality fakes were not worth the cost (probably because of the police issues) and the watches he showed me were VERY poor quality. Really obvious issues, all the way from plating to poor movement choice.

If anyone from the USA stops by the shops and would mind hooking me up with a proper pam00306 (titanium case, brown face, sapphire crystal) I would be in your debt. We can work something out through PM.

http://www.panerai.com/img/2/prodotti/dettagli/1207058586968_PAM306%20fond.jpg

the back should look like that. If it doesn't, that is not the right watch.

To put it in perspective, the real watch costs over 100k. 200-300 dollars for a watch that otherwise costs 100k dollars is a bargain. As long as it is made well.

i think someone asked this before but did not get a response

if these watches are so convincing AND come with documentation

...why not buy a shitload and sell them on ebay or something in farangland?

basing on the fact that there is an entire thread about the quality of some of these watches;

i would assume that these are legitimate claims

is there any particular reason why people avoid the resale???

You cannot sell fakes on eBay and get away with it. There are hundreds of collectors and watch experts who read through eBay listings on a daily or weekly basis, spotting fakes and reporting them. Go to Watchuseek.com and you will find it's like a sport and those cats are amazing at spotting the slightest errors in the fakes and how they are constructed. Even with low rez photos most of those guys can spot even the best fakes.

Its also going to be a problem getting a "shitload" through customs, i should think.

One or 2 USED to be ok, but even that amount might get confiscated if found

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Archived