IGNORED

Fake watches

Glenn A

You cannot sell fakes on eBay and get away with it. There are hundreds of collectors and watch experts who read through eBay listings on a daily or weekly basis, spotting fakes and reporting them. Go to Watchuseek.com and you will find it's like a sport and those cats are amazing at spotting the slightest errors in the fakes and how they are constructed. Even with low rez photos most of those guys can spot even the best fakes.

there is a lot of fake stuff on e bay,watches sunglasses etc

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is a lot of fake stuff on e bay,watches sunglasses etc

Of course. Always. But much of it gets taken down. With watches, eBay apparently removes over 90% of the fakes. Women's hand bags it's 95%. But shoes and sunglasses are supposedly very easy to sell on eBay/

• 4 weeks later...

About 10-20 metre from Pattaya Klang on the left side.

About 10-20 metre from Pattaya Klang on the left side.

Which one??

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?xHxRUexskcLC8CAA

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

thanx for that hedo

i take its the shop in yellow it seems more central in the pic

anybody got any ideas what the shop next door is like ???

I bought a few Bell & Ross copies, really impressed with the Quality, 1800 Baht each.

Just past Royal Garden Plaza, ( towards Walking St) after the Gelateria you will

see the usual watch brochures attached to a lamp post, if you are Interested they take you to

a lock up , some nice stuff in there.

• 3 weeks later...

Am i misreading the figures, or are people really saying they pay upto twenty thousand baht(thats nearly £400GB or just over $600US)for a fake????? :o

Hedonist

My experience is, pretty darn good fakes can be bought in the 1500-1800 baht range. These watches will usually be offered at an initial asking price of 3500-4000 baht, sometimes higher if you look like a sucker. I don't have as much expertise about Rolexes, since those are not what I generally seek. What I am talking about are generally brands like Patek Philippe, Jaeger LeCoultre, IWC, or A. Lange & Sohne. Stuff that looks good, and works properly.

The issue about sweep second hands is simply dependent upon the movement. Quartz movements tick, in 1 second increments. A good automatic movement, or a manual wind movement, will have a sweep second hand that moves in a much more continuous basis. The Quartz movements will work, and are cheap, but they won't fool anyone that they are the genuine articles.

The question is, where are the good fakes at in Saigon? I'll be there in a month.

Right smack in the central market - there are several vendors of GOOD to EXCELLENT fakes. Frankly, this is the best place in the world for high quality fakes at absurdly low prices. A couple of years ago, I picked up 4 BEAUTIFUL fakes for a total of $100 US. One was a Breguet 555, one was a Vacheron Constantin Malte VC-31, one was a Jaeger LeCoultre Master Reveil small hour hand, and one was a Patek Philippe Calatrava 5186HR. They all still look and work great 2 years later.

The same caliber of fakes cost me twice as much in Thailand.

Thanks for the information guys, great thread. I need noobie directional help getting to Jack's shop. If I am coming from Devil's Den on Soi LK Metro, when I reach Soi Bukaow do I go left or right and how far is it from there?

Cheers

Thanks for the information guys, great thread. I need noobie directional help getting to Jack's shop. If I am coming from Devil's Den on Soi LK Metro, when I reach Soi Bukaow do I go left or right and how far is it from there?

Cheers

Turn left, jump on baht bus (if lazy like me) and get off at T junction at end. 2 watch shops on right hand side, Jack's is the one on the right. Good selection I thought and a standard non negotiate price of 2K. Get a year gurantee for what that's worth in LOS lol.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Turn left, jump on baht bus (if lazy like me) and get off at T junction at end. 2 watch shops on right hand side, Jack's is the one on the right. Good selection I thought and a standard non negotiate price of 2K. Get a year gurantee for what that's worth in LOS lol.

Up2late - bugger.

I read a previous post but it didn't say there were two there.

I started from the Klang end, asked a m/bike guy for Jack and he pointed.

I ended up in the first one, nearest Klang, therefore the one on the left as you face them i.e. wrong one.

The watches seemed OK and I bought, but then saw the shop next door as I came out. Couldn't see "Jack" name anywhere.

Oh well, next time.

Up2late - bugger.

I read a previous post but it didn't say there were two there.

I started from the Klang end, asked a m/bike guy for Jack and he pointed.

I ended up in the first one, nearest Klang, therefore the one on the left as you face them i.e. wrong one.

The watches seemed OK and I bought, but then saw the shop next door as I came out. Couldn't see "Jack" name anywhere.

Oh well, next time.

I asked a question as to which of the 2 it was, in <a href="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/index.php?/topic/45442-fake-watches/page__st__72__p__755603entry755603">THIS</a> post.

With a link to pattayaphotoguide link of the 2 shops <a href="http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?xHxRUexskcLC8CAA">HERE</a> and no one answered the question

Perhaps someone will now that this thread has been brought back to the top of the pile

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

@Hedonist, I hope so too that someone will let us know which one of these shops is Jack's.

By the way, regarding Sarah Watch Shop inside the market at South Pattaya Road, here is some contact information from their business card:

Phone: 038-713096, 08-17820041

Fax: 038-713097

Email: vit_05 AT hotmail DOT COM

Open daily 10.00AM - 18.00PM

I asked a question as to which of the 2 it was, in <a href="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/index.php?/topic/45442-fake-watches/page__st__72__p__755603entry755603">THIS</a> post.

With a link to pattayaphotoguide link of the 2 shops <a href="http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?xHxRUexskcLC8CAA">HERE</a> and no one answered the question

Perhaps someone will now that this thread has been brought back to the top of the pile

Hedonist

Those are certainly the 2 shops and I'm pretty sure now that I went in the wrong one - the correct one being the one on the right.

If all else fails I'll go back and ask who is Jack, but one guy I'm pretty sure knows the answer from previous posts I can't now find is Laamok.

So after reading this thread its between Jacks and sarah, for the best watches, so who would you say are the better out of the two?

Hedonist

Went back there today. I knew the answer already but thought I'd check.

It is, as eanto said above, the one on the right as you look at the 2 shops from across the road.

That's the one furthest from Pattaya Klang.

The one with the guy(?) in the yellow helmet in the doorway in the photo in your link.

Living part time in NYC is interesting. Go to Chinatown, times Square or anywhere near MACY'S and you hear Nigerian accented "Rolex, Rolex, Muvado" spoken constantly. It's unreal.

Recently I decided to buy a crap fake Rolex for my niece. They asked a ridiculous $45. I handed him $10 and said that was all he'd get. I got the watch. The next day I noticed my friend had a cool Breitling Bentley on his wrist. I knew he couldn't afford one. Turns out it was a fake. A nice looking one too, despite it not looking like the exact model. It was more of a hybrid of three Bentley models.

Last week I picked up three "replicas" from Chinatown sellers. Two Breitlings and one Omega. I never found any realistic looking Rolex fakes. They were all clearly battery operated with tick tick second hands. No sweeping motion. Laughable. The two Breitlings were nice looking, but they are plated, not stainless and WILL wear over time. $45 each. In just a few days I have received more compliments on it than I thought possible. Most had never heard of Breitling before and were just blown away with the look of the thing.

The Omega Seamaster is stainless and very high quality. No, I wouldn't swim with it. That would likely be fatal to the watch, but at $60 it is a nice gift for my dad.

There was an amazing Patek Phillip replica, but the guy wouldn't go below $65 and I passed. It was just too risky to spend that much not knowing just good good the timing was. I did pick up a lower quality one for $30. That one will go to a friend of mine who has a watch that looks so old and worn out I can't stand the look of the thing.

The stories about replicas in this thread are fascinating. I was never a watch man recently.

Oh, a side note... Fake Louis Vuitton bags are EVERYWHERE here in NYC. It's insane. From a distance most look real, but as soon as you look inside, they just fall apart. I have a funny story on this topic, but will have to talk on it later.

I have not taken a picture of the Omega yet.

Just wondering what model the Breitling is in the 1st photograph - the two side by side?

Regards,

FlipperSoi8

Hi i brought 2 decent copys in chaing mai in april for 1750 bht one packed up after a month , the others still working great. Guess like most copys, you get good and bad. good luck with your purchase.

bought 1 off a street vender, good quality automatic tag for 1000 baht, still works 3 months later... sounds like you can get better quality for more baht, but hey a decent looking watch for less than £20.. i'm not complaining..

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

My friend Nick has come back from Phuket and has a fake Rolex he bought for £ 20 and it looks identical to the real thing.

Jack's was closed when I went back so I got her a Breitling from Mr Wong - 2500 but it's gorgeous.

You guys have convinced me! I am going to buy a watch when I arrive. Thanks for the info...

Archived