IGNORED

Fake watches

Glenn A

Is it worth buying a fake Rolex out there and will it work as well as the real thing? I know the fake shirts my friend Eric bought me out there 5 years ago are still in a good condition.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it worth buying a fake Rolex out there and will it work as well as the real thing? I know the fake shirts my friend Eric bought me out there 5 years ago are still in a good condition.

You can easily tell the fake Rolex from the real McCoy.

Real Rolexes "sweep" while the fake ones tend to "tick" if you know what i mean

Also, the gold on them is microns too thin and before you go home will be noticably worn and tatty

There USED to be good buys in fake designer watches a few years ago, but now they seem to have died off a lot, and the prices and quality reflect this. Not as plentiful = higher prices.

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Have to agree with the last poster.

The silver gilt on my Rolex submariner has started to wear.

Don't think I'd bother with another.

A mans gotta do, what a mans gotta do!

When all is said and done, more is said than done!

i bought a fake senkq quartz watch outside big c for 100 baht!! i have had it over 1 month and its still going perfect.i got a bargain for £2!

there are several threads but if interested in a really good fake---Jack near the end of Soi Bukaow and central (young guy) has the best imho

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

i got a rolex 1 month ago & worked fine til i stepped on plane back home - strap broke & the damn thing stopped ticking! On the other hand my ex father-in-law brought me 1 back 8 years ago, and it still works fine - pot luck I suppose?

I have bought a few Fakes, Rolex and Panerai. Even in the fake market there tends to be quite a big difference in quality . Theres cheap and theres cheaper. My last Rolex Submariner lasted years and kept perfect time. A good movement, sweeping second hand no tick: Unfortunately the lense is at the bottom of the pool in the Areca Lodge! Then I had a couple of Panerai's The first one got full of sea water, Despite a real chucky construction and rubber strap the g*d damn thing wasn't waterproof. Apparently theres a guy on Soi7 that can make waterproof seals for them for just a few Baht. Still looking for him! The strap snapped on the second one back here in the UK. £14 For a desent strap on a £5 watch, I don't think so. I am now wearing a Cartier... ish!

Are watches good value? They can be. It all depends on what you pay. Does anyone know the price of Rolex Submariners today? It amazes me when you see the newb buying them for 3500Bht in the beer bars. I guess they will learn. I expect to pay a round 500Bht and if they say "Mr I lose" I say "yes you do" I will buy one next week when I go to Patpong.

500 baht for a Rolex sounds tempting, as long as it works. However, my stereo is made by Panasonic Thailand and is still going well after 8 years.

500 baht for a Rolex sounds tempting, as long as it works. However, my stereo is made by Panasonic Thailand and is still going well after 8 years.

You have to be carefull, after doing the deal the cheeky buggers try to charge you 40b for taking the links out 55555. Some times I don't want a watche but like to see if my haggling skills are improving

there are several threads but if interested in a really good fake---Jack near the end of Soi Bukaow and central (young guy) has the best imho

Bolly u know him too? I always get great replicas from him and the movement and quality are all top notch. Dont expect to get them for 500 baht though. I have bought Tag, breitling, rolex, panerais from him as well as patek watches..in 3 years not one has broken or stopped.. End of soi buackpuw 2 brothers and a lady, Jacks wife run a watch shop. Ask to see the replicas and he will take you round back..

His top of the line copy rolex you cannot distinguish from the real thing. My cousin brother has a real rolex. When I showed him mine, we felt the weight, etc.. and you seriously couldnt tell the difference.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

Bolly u know him too? I always get great replicas from him and the movement and quality are all top notch. Dont expect to get them for 500 baht though. I have bought Tag, breitling, rolex, panerais from him as well as patek watches..in 3 years not one has broken or stopped.. End of soi buackpuw 2 brothers and a lady, Jacks wife run a watch shop. Ask to see the replicas and he will take you round back..

His top of the line copy rolex you cannot distinguish from the real thing. My cousin brother has a real rolex. When I showed him mine, we felt the weight, etc.. and you seriously couldnt tell the difference.

Whats the shop call the shop mate I mite have alook next time im in town.

All ive got in this world are my word and my balls and i dont break them for nobody

Money Number 1

Hi mate,

I have an original Rolex Explorer 2 and when you put it next to the fake equivalent, it is the attention to small detail that is what distinguishes it from the being realistic. The fakes are very light by comparison also. Both these issues are only noticeable on close inspection though. If you were simply wearing it on your wrist, it would take a keen eye to notice the difference.

I bought a fake Submariner about 3 years at one of the Sukhumvit Road (BKK) stalls. It cost me 800 baht and it still works fine now. It has an automatic wind and attempts to emulate the perpetual sweeping motion but is not as smooth as the Rolext 'sweep' but is still not bad.

So, at the exchange rates back then, I paid about £12 GBP for a metal watch that looks like a Rolex. It still works today and is still in good nick, but it is not worn very often. Perhaps I was fortunate as it could easily have lasted 2 weeks.

If you fancy one, then just go for it. They are nice n cheap over there :P

I have brought some back for some mates and they are spot on. I get them from Buddys on the 3rd floor of MBK in Bkk. Got a Rolex daytona which was expensive for a copy (was 3 yrs ago so cant remember price but its still going and looks as good as the day I got it)

They call them grade a or number 1 copies which are swiss made and the Rolex does have the sweep movement. I would always buy a silver one as I would think the 'gold' will wear quite easy.

I have a genuine Rolex and Cartier so can compare like for like, the Rolex is a similar weight and has a good face and dial but the straps not brilliant. The Cartiers are a little disapointing but then I do think the real Cartiers are a better made watch.

i bought a tag heuher link about 5yrs ago last xmas i had a new battery and a new screw put in 120bht i paid 1500bht

for the watch ,it still looks great and keeps perfect time btw bought it in a tailors in ws.

There are good and bad fakes around. The good are very good, the bad are obviously bad.

I found the best place to buy is a shop in Pattaya Thai, opposite from the Budda temple, up a bit where they are selling fruit etc, if you go inside behind the shop, there is a market. There is a watch shop, been there years, if the watch is no good, they will happily exchange it if bought there. They have all the brochures to choose from and they will get it.

Never had a bad watch in 6 purchases.

It definitely is if you know where to buy it. There is cheap and cheaper. There's a great lady on Pattaya Tai where the have the grocery market on the right side between 2nd Rd and Soi Buokow. she is on the inside where they sell clothes past where they sell the produce and fish.

Ive bought about a dozen watches over the years from him mainly as gifts for friends. They are top notch copies and he offers a one year guarantee (marks the inside of the watch with date of purchase).

They are not cheap though but you get what you pay for.

This is a Patek i got from him last trip.(I know the dates wtrong. Have changed it but i couldnt be arsed retaking the pics)

IMG_9324.JPG

IMG_9332.JPG

And this is a Tag Carrera i got from him.

IMG_9336.JPG

Testicles

They are not cheap though but you get what you pay for.

yo shuggy. how much are we talking here?.

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

yo shuggy. how much are we talking here?.

From 1200bht and up for the high end stuff with good movements. The Patek was 2000.

Testicles

From 1200bht and up for the high end stuff with good movements. The Patek was 2000.

I use the brothers, Choke and John. Never had a problem. Bought some nice Patek's and they were 2000. They sell what they admit is lower end stuff from 7-800. Ladies watches start at 300.

Quite a few guys on the rig give me a picture of a watch, give it to them, might just take a few hours or 1 day.

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

I've .... seen things ..... you people would never believe...............

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Also the good? fakes have a seal beneath the winder. Unscrew the winder before you buy it. If you can see a little rubber ring seal then it's probabley one of the better ones. The make nice Christmas presents!!

Just one thing guys! how many of them can you bring through customs with out any bother, two or three in your suitcase should be fine. two or three hundred Mmmmm. Any one now if its OK.

These are a few of my personal ones I bought from Jack. The Grande Carrera I bought this trip.. Sapphire glass, unscratchable, waterproof. Allthe dials work, etc..

The Rolex, Patek and the Panerai I have had all of them over a year and they work perfect.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

Hi mate,

I have an original Rolex Explorer 2 and when you put it next to the fake equivalent, it is the attention to small detail that is what distinguishes it from the being realistic. The fakes are very light by comparison also. Both these issues are only noticeable on close inspection though. If you were simply wearing it on your wrist, it would take a keen eye to notice the difference.

I bought a fake Submariner about 3 years at one of the Sukhumvit Road (BKK) stalls. It cost me 800 baht and it still works fine now. It has an automatic wind and attempts to emulate the perpetual sweeping motion but is not as smooth as the Rolext 'sweep' but is still not bad.

So, at the exchange rates back then, I paid about £12 GBP for a metal watch that looks like a Rolex. It still works today and is still in good nick, but it is not worn very often. Perhaps I was fortunate as it could easily have lasted 2 weeks.

If you fancy one, then just go for it. They are nice n cheap over there :wub:

Now you can see why Thailand is so tempting. Unless someone is a watch expert, most people would assume your fake Rolex/ TAG Heuer is the real deal.

I know a couple of good watch places but i'll check this place out when i'm back over in November.

From what i've seen 2000 baht will get you a really good copy.

Archived