Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Soi Buakaow The New Walking Street

Soi Sauce

Great soi & tons of venues,hotels bars & shops.

Great thread.

:001_Thank_You5:

• 2 months later...

:Bump:

Really great Soi. Not an area that I had explored before this trip and I thoroughly enjoyed doing so this time round. Aprat from being a bit dangerous to walk down (due to the traffic) there are some great bars. Worth taking time to head down the side roads into the smaller bars as I found some real diamonds in the rough down there.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

• 4 weeks later...

it seems the traffic is heavy there.i wonder if anybody can recommend a decent place to stay in the area.

Traffic is far from "heavy" and rarely impedes walking during the day. From early evening onward and at nite, traffic is minimal and mainly consists of the baht buses you need to get around.

Compare it to Beach and 2nd Road and there's no traffic at all

As for rooms, check the hotel forum for loads of them.

Moocow and the adjoining sois are a great, high value, and very interesting area to stay. You could spend a holiday there and never venture out, apart from forays to the 6.

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

Traffic is far from "heavy" and rarely impedes walking during the day. From early evening onward and at nite, traffic is minimal and mainly consists of the baht buses you need to get around.

Compare it to Beach and 2nd Road and there's no traffic at all

But beach Road and Second Road have footpaths,

But beach Road and Second Road have footpaths,

"Traffic is far from heavy and rarely impedes walking", takes this into consideration, no? Traffic doesn't usually apply to walkways :Hit_Self:

It is easier to walk on Moocow than on the pencil-thin footpaths covered with touts and stalls on Breach Road.

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

So is Soi Backeaw really that unsafe during the night? How comes/ what should I watch out for?

you do get groups of LB's hanging out there in the small hours of the morning. I haven't had any serious hassle from them but hands have gone in my pockets. Whether they were after the content of my wallet or my pants (or both) i didn't hang around to find out.

If you're not thinking about pussy then you're just not concentrating.

• 4 months later...

I've spent many months in and around Soi Buakhow. It is perfectly safe, far more crime takes place on Beach Road and Walking Street than on Buakhow. Soi Buakhow is a really amazing street. It cuts through the heart of Pattaya from Tukcom near Walking Street all the way to Central Pattaya Road. There are many markets, cheap food stands, bars, massage parlors and so on. It's a street for long time Pattaya visitors and residents, it doesn't have the overly touristy feel that you get from Second Road and Beach Road. The street is also a Thai street as many Thais (mostly bargirls) live in the sois that run off of Buakhow. There are also many sois that branch off of Buakhow such as Soi LK Metro (Lolita's, Devil's Den, etc.), Soi Honey (many massage places here), Soi Chayapoom (manybars and guest houses). The soi really has a bit of everything and is the nerve center of Pattaya.

Also the street is perfectly fine to walk around and ride Baht buses. The average speed of vehiles on that street is like 10 miles an hour, so stop being pussies. If you can't manage that rent a motorbike to get around (you should have one anyways if you want to get the most out of Pattaya).

BTW, if you stay at R-Con for more than a month be sure to check the electric bill. They will try to fleece you for thousands of baht.

So who's got a month to spend in LOS, I wonder?

One month? Shit, I wouldn't even bother for that short of time. I spent four years in Pattaya!

I've spent many months in and around Soi Buakhow. It is perfectly safe, far more crime takes place on Beach Road and Walking Street than on Buakhow. Soi Buakhow is a really amazing street. It cuts through the heart of Pattaya from Tukcom near Walking Street all the way to Central Pattaya Road. There are many markets, cheap food stands, bars, massage parlors and so on. It's a street for long time Pattaya visitors and residents, it doesn't have the overly touristy feel that you get from Second Road and Beach Road. The street is also a Thai street as many Thais (mostly bargirls) live in the sois that run off of Buakhow. There are also many sois that branch off of Buakhow such as Soi LK Metro (Lolita's, Devil's Den, etc.), Soi Honey (many massage places here), Soi Chayapoom (manybars and guest houses). The soi really has a bit of everything and is the nerve center of Pattaya.

Also the street is perfectly fine to walk around and ride Baht buses. The average speed of vehiles on that street is like 10 miles an hour, so stop being pussies. If you can't manage that rent a motorbike to get around (you should have one anyways if you want to get the most out of Pattaya).

BTW, if you stay at R-Con for more than a month be sure to check the electric bill. They will try to fleece you for thousands of baht.

:Greetings9:

I totally agree havrum Soi Boakaow is a great area with many things to do in fact you could spend your entire visit there exploring all the bars, go-go's massage parlours, cafe's etc in the area! I stay at the Chaba Hut whose location is spot on and I have already booked another 2 month + stay at the "Hut" end of Nov and plan not to stray from Soi Boakaow too much!

:Chokdee:

Hoffmeister :Circle_Sharks:

I would agree. If, the first time I came to Pattaya and found it was all like Walking Street, I would never have come back.

For the life of my I cannot see the fascination of over priced bars, zillions of tourists taking photos of each other whilst drinking 7-11 beer and stopping all traffic whilst they video some lame Michael Jackson impersonator, making the bottleneck a perfect opportunity for pick pockets. The other thing that surprises me is the families who think it an appropriate place to bring their 2-3 year olds with them at 1 or 2 in the morning - wtf?. Add to that the legions of police informers saying "psst, yabba?"

This all makes it a place I usually avoid.

IMO, buakhao, LK Metro and sois 7 & 8 are far, far better.

It's the best base area in Patts. Start a stroll at Oasis agogo. Go up Lenkee, come down Chayapoon, right into Bookow and amble past the market. Chuck a left into New Plaza, go over 2nd Road, down soi 8, back up soi 7, then right into 2nd Road. About 300m along 2nd Road, cut thru the beer bars on the Bookow side and you're back on Bookow. Turn right and stroll to Honey. Go down Honey, chuck a left into Soi Diana, and then left into Metro. A nice night out!

You'll find all you need in this very small area without the noise and hassle of WS.

Check it out.

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

I stayed at the Jasmine Mansion on my last trip when Kevin was running it. Great central location. Will stay again.

On the bend opposite the R-con hotel on soi baukao is a barber, a haircut and nice clean close shave is 60 baht each plus the shoulder massage at the end free, Bargain.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

It's the best base area in Patts. Start a stroll at Oasis agogo. Go up Lenkee, come down Chayapoon, right into Bookow and amble past the market. Chuck a left into New Plaza, go over 2nd Road, down soi 8, back up soi 7, then right into 2nd Road. About 300m along 2nd Road, cut thru the beer bars on the Bookow side and you're back on Bookow. Turn right and stroll to Honey. Go down Honey, chuck a left into Soi Diana, and then left into Metro. A nice night out!

Check it out.

Hi Slumimit,

I have walked various versions of this route myself late afternoon, early evening & sometimes late-late evening / early morning when my sleep patterns are all over the shop & I'm Honey free.

In amongst all the many "Hello-Welcome"(s) you will hear, occasionaly you do get a fuck-me-dead moment, & next thing you know you're with an absolute Honey-Cutie & your remaining day/night is sorted.

One thing I will disagree with you is this: On your route, coming from Oasis I would say you go down Soi Lengkee, hang a left on 3rd Road (maybe check out Bamboo Bar), hang left again & go up Soi Chaipoon back to Soi Baukhau.

As for the Baukhau traffic & minimal sidewalks, which many BM's have mentioned; just follow the standard road walking rule & walk in the the direction of on-coming traffic - at least that way you get to see the vehicle that's about to hit you & you can maybe take evasive action.

Tone

:Greetings9:

I agree with all of the above BM's I have been to Soi Boakaow many times and have explored most of the myriad of connecting Soi's and still I am discouvering new places to visit in the area. Why go anywhere else when you got everything on your doorstep and I also enjoy the viberant and buzzing atmosphere which is present!

You can keep Walking Street and the stampeding herds!

:Chokdee:

Hoffmeister :Circle_Sharks:

Actually right on soi Baukao there must have been at least 3 new big hotels open in the last few months to go with the many that are already there, maybe someone can add details on them and names etc.

Soi Buakaow is one of my favorite streets, but it is a nightmare to walk. I have been clipped twice by cars trying to walk down the street. I wish they could find a solution.

I would agree. If, the first time I came to Pattaya and found it was all like walking street, I would never have come back.

For the life of my I cannot see the fascination of over priced bars, zillions of tourists taking photos of each other whilst drinking 7-11 beer and stopping all traffic whilst they video some lame Michael Jackson impersonator, making the bottleneck a perfect opportunity for pick pockets. The other thing that surprises me is the families who think it an appropriate place to bring their 2-3 year olds with them at 1 or 2 in the morning - wtf?. Add to that the legions of police informers saying "psst, yabba?"

This all makes it a place I usually avoid.

IMO, buakhao, LK Metro and sois 7 & 8 are far, far better.

You wrote my mind, couldn't agree more...........

• 4 months later...

On the bend opposite the R-con Hotel on soi baukao is a barber, a haircut and nice clean close shave is 60 baht each plus the shoulder massage at the end free, Bargain.

A BG took me there last week, one of the best haircuts I've ever had!

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

Yes the walk can be dodgy, I always walk on the side facing the oncoming traffic so you can see whats about to clout you, I think it will end up one way same same 2nd rd and Beach road.

• 1 year later...

Agree, Buakao isn't a good street to walk along especially when people pass by each other while walking.

I also never know where to park my car there, so I always go by motorbike.

I enjoy the area from Soi Honey to Soi LKM. It's got bars, massages, and some really nice gogos, all within walking distance. Lots of food stalls. Noisy but not too noisy.

Coming from someone who has never checked out Walking Street.

If you've been to Pattaya a few times and you don't have unlimited money to blow, I think it's a natural progression to spend time on Soi Bukao.

Bars for pretty much every taste - from gogos to aircon coyote bars to the cheapest beer bars in town (35 baht small Leo at my favorite spot near LK Metro).

Lots of hotel options. Many food options. Great area to get a freelancer as so many BGs live close to Soi Bukao. All that's missing are the tour groups, and believe me I don't miss them.

It will never be "the new Walking Street", and thank goodness for that.

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

Some good bars and the Butchers Arms is good for food though as somebody has already said why come all this way to go to a pub which reminds you of home. The road is a bugger to walk down when a few beers are on board and thats why Walking Street will always be a winner for me.

More to the Butchers arms than good food and a pub with draught ales, you can play free pool, darts, watch sport, use the PC at far corner of bar if asking nicely, and it's all aircon inside, then you have Cob and Barry, you'll see more of Cob and she's great fun and even her Thai/Preston sense of humour and sharp tongue is quite funny at times...Nowt wrong with Barry either...

Then you have the hotel all part of the same premises with 15 modern on suite rooms, and IMO they are very nice, very clean and all with wifi, some even have 50inch TV's with dvd's and cable TV, safe in room room, rates from 650 to 850 per night..NO LOW or HIgh season price, same all year round as far as I know..3 different room types..

All in all IMO a great place to stay in an area that has lot's going for it, and not far to get to Soi's 6,7,8 Walking Street etc..LK Metro is just across the road, along with Soi Diane..

And if your inclined, you have POOK bar right next door, entrance to Butchers is front door, POOKs Has front entrance and no doubt plenty of back entrances...Enjoy...To other side of Butchers is a shop where you can buy handbags and shoes, a Findig shop if memory serves me..

Only drawback for me with regards to the Butchers, and not POOK, is the lack of a lift but it's not going stop me ever staying there if I'm in the area, a little gem of a place IMO..

http://www.thebutche...guesthouse.html

Edited by geegee1

If you've been to Pattaya a few times and you don't have unlimited money to blow, I think it's a natural progression to spend time on Soi Bukao.

Bars for pretty much every taste - from gogos to aircon coyote bars to the cheapest beer bars in town (35 baht small Leo at my favorite spot near LK Metro).

Lots of hotel options. Many food options. Great area to get a freelancer as so many BGs live close to Soi Bukao. All that's missing are the tour groups, and believe me I don't miss them.

It will never be "the new Walking Street", and thank goodness for that.

Kate Sirree bar by any chance, excellent open air bar for prices IMO and great for watching sport with numerous large screen TV's...