IGNORED

LK Renaissance

Kurt Rambis

They even have a bar that you can swim up to and order you and your party a drink.

All in all...the hotel was pretty good. I even did a thread on it!

pool bar vely nice lol

2179990.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hedonist

• Millard

• quenton79

• dudebrah

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dang, must have been there on the wrong day!

It is a very good pool though, and if you're lucky you may actually see Madam Tim, as she swims there quite regularly and is one very cool lady.

pool bar vely nice lol

2179990.jpg

You got that right!!! I wonder if she comes with a drink?....

You got that right!!! I wonder if she comes with a drink?....

2180398.jpg

yap sir Sawasdee ka lol

I've decided to stay here because I think the size of the rooms and the separate shower justify the extra money. The prices online for the deluxe room are currently 2100 a night on their website. I was wondering if I'd get the same deal or better in person at the counter. I'd rather not book online if I can save some cash this way.

Thanks

I just have to say..I love the LK Property Group!!

Check into the Renaissance on the 30th. From the moment I stepped in..I began to recieve good service!!!

My man Tong (Front Office Manager) had everything lined up for me that I asked for.

Their 1 bedroom suite is great. He gave me a killer for 2 of them. I was talking to him the other day and he sold me

on their penthouse suite. He gave me a tour of their 3 bedroom suite....it's to die for!!!

I'm going to change rooms in a few days. For you all who are looking for a good hotel in a great area....

then this is the place to stay! I'll do a nice TR about this hotel later on!

What site usually has the best rates for this hotel?

I've found direct rates from this hotel being significantly lower compare to agent sites(Agoda etc.).

By the way, does this hotel have 24h room service? ^^

He who loses a limb lives on. He who loses his head does not.

i might try it this weekend . what walk in rate did you get??????????????

is this the one on soi diana, if so i would love to stay there!!!!!!!!!

thanks

is this the one on soi diana, if so i would love to stay there!!!!!!!!!

thanks

There are two LK hotels on Soi Diana. LK Renaissance is near 2nd Road and I believe the smaller one. Its sister hotel is LK Metropole, by Soi Buakaow. Both are known to be above average Pattaya hotels.

Stayed here for the fourth time now on my past trip and reverted back to the one bedroom suite instead of trying to save some money and going with a smaller room. Air con was no problem this time and every girl remarked how my room was like refrigerator. However, my subsequent visits to this hotel have never been as good as my first. This time I did have some problems with the internet but it was available most of the time. In addition, the water pressure in the shower was terrible and me nor any girl using it could not figure out hot and cold as sometimes only hot water would come out. So we would actually use the shower head in the jacuzzi tub.

But overall, it was still a good experience. I had my usual "jacuzzi" romp with each companion and in one night, I actually fit two devil den imps and my fat butt in there. The in room delivery of the morning breakfast is a great idea and I ordered it every day. While the variety was not great since it was very basic, it is a good way to get the day started. The one bedroom suite gave those extra places to "explore with companion" so that was nice. In addition, when I got important phone calls it was nice to be able to go to another room to take them while my companion(s) were sleeping away. Location is still great. It was nice to be greeted with a friendly staff since the staff all know me by now... and based on other posts, it looks like I should book directly with them to get better rates rather than through Agoda. Then again, I had enough Agoda points to get a couple nights free this trip.

So even with the minor problems, I would still stay here on my next trip. The only other hotel I would stay at is the Marriott and only because I can use points acquired through work travel. There are definitely other options but I am quite satisfied with this hotel.

• 3 weeks later...

My first post although I've been 'lurking' for a while. Just booked a deluxe room on the hotel website for 2100, cheaper than Agoda etc. This is my fourth trip to Patts and I've previously stayed at the Woodlands resort, Montien and Siam Bayview. I chose the LKR because a)I didn't get any decent reply to a booking request at Tim's, b)I really like this area and c) at 2100 you get a 60sqm decent room with free internet.

Job Done!

I'll be around from this Friday to teh 20th if anybody wants a beer.

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed here back in October 2008. The room quality was top notch - had the deluxe room that had a bit more space and the separate shower. I found it difficult to get in the shower at first - pushing in the door and then squeezing in - not pretty. Then i realized that the shower door opened out and all was good. Doh! If you want a larger clean room with deluxe amenities - this is a good choice.

• 3 months later...

update LK rennaisance:

Hi guys, i have stayed for 5 days at the LK rennaisance during my last trip in december. Because of me reading some negative stuff about the hotel, i think its only fair to tell you guys how good my stay was with them.

Some guys where complaining about stains on the wall behind the bed, but i didn't have that problem in my room(sorry, pics where taken with mobile phone):

Photo0036.jpg

There where also some guys complaining that the bathtub was too small, or that it was too deep. i didn't have any problems with the bath, it was huge(jacuzzi bath), and there was a handle next to the bath, for the few people who would have problems getting out the bath by themselves.

Here are some more pics from my room:

Photo0026.jpg

Photo0027.jpg

Photo0029.jpg

Photo0031.jpg

Photo0032.jpg

Photo0033.jpg

Photo0034.jpg

Photo0037.jpg

Photo0038.jpg

Photo0039.jpg

Wow, looks really good. I'm staying there in March, good for me :GoldenSmile1: . Is that one bedroom suite? Was there any noice from the streets?

V.

yes it was the one bedroom suite, and i had no noise at all from the streets.

Hope you have a good stay too in march. You should try out the little seat next to the bed, wich is suitable for all kinds of sexual fantasy's :)

Stayed at LK Renaissance for 7 nights last year. Was considering PBR but I decided I'd rather pay an extra 500 baht a night for a nicer room.

LKR was very comfortable although for a new hotel the room was a little worn. Totally GF, the breakfast buffet was reasonable and is fairly close to some action. The pool was accessible 24/7 which I liked and there was some noise if your room faces Soi Diana but not from where I was. The suites adjacent to the swimming pool on the 3rd floor looked VERY comfortable. LAN internet access was free.

The first negative of the hotel were the baths in the basic room. They were difficult to get in and out of (VERY deep and I'm a tall guy) and hard to keep the bathroom dry with the shower hose. The second was that the pool area is quite slippery. I fell over twice without hurting myself but I was probably lucky. Watch your step!

I would consider staying here again in a room with a seprate shower. I will probably try Tim Boutique next time although they charge for internet. Or maybe Baywalk Residence?

Kurt Rambis?? Really? You're shitting us, aren't you? You're really Kurt Rambis?! Were LKR beds long enough for you?

• 2 weeks later...

Two friends and I stayed at the LK Renaissance on Soi Diana in Pattaya at the end of January 2010. We were welcomed by the manager Tong and his reception staff. The hotel lobby was huge - with marble everywhere. There are two internet accessable computers in the lobby that are free to use. There is also a collection of free dvd's for viewing in your room available from the reception desk.

We each stayed in Deluxe Suite rooms. These rooms have a kitchen area, a lounge area with a TV & dvd player, a bedroom with a TV, a dressing room and a large bathroom with a jacuzzi tub & separate shower with rain shower head. The room was HUGE! The attention to detail by the hotel to have evertything in the room that you may need. There were robes in the wardrobe along with slippers. There was also an umbrella in each room. They even have a weight scale in each room so you can pay attention to your health while on holiday. The bathroom had all needed hygiene items available; tooth brush, razor, shampoo, skin lotion and even cotton buds. Each room also contains a safe, which you program the combination via a keypad. The hotel provides two bottles of water for free in the fridge. The other items have to be paid for, but they are not expensive and comparible to normal vending prices back in Australia. My room - 2210 - was located at the front of the hotel and even though I could hear a small amount of street noise there was nothing that disturbed my sleep.

The cleaning staff did an outstanding job on the room each day.

The hotel also has a spa located in the lobby. I had the aroma therapy massage for 500 baht and it was very nice and relaxing. You can get a massage down the street for a few hundred baht cheaper, but you may find yourself in an unairconditioned room with someone who hasn't had any professional spa training. If you need to hit a fitness centre/gym you can visit the sister property of this hotel (LK Metropole) just 100 metres to the east on Soi Diana - I checked this out and found I could have a similar workout to my gym back in Australia as there was aerobic equipment, weight machines and free weights.

There is a restaurant located on the opposite side of the lobby, which is where you get your free breakfast. You get a choice of four different breakfasts to choose from and I found the omelette to be very satisfying.

This hotel is run by attentive staff and is in a great location. Directly across the street is a Family Mart where you can buy soda's, snacks, alcohol, toiletries and cigarettes. The prices for these items are half the cost of the items in the mini-bar/fridge, so pop into the shop on your way into the hotel to save a few baht. Approximately 50 meters west (towards the beach) along Soi Diana you'll find the Beefeater Restaurant - this is a must eat at! The ribs were great and a bargain at under 400 baht. They also have a buffet on Saturday's and Sunday's from 12pm-4pm for just 250 baht.

We all really enjoyed staying at this hotel and wished we could have stayed there the entire time, but when we first booked the holiday we decided to split the time in Pattaya between the LK and the Siam Bayshore Resort - so we could be a bit closer to Walking Street but this turned out to be a big mistake (check out the review I posted for the Siam Bayshore) and we were wishing we had stayed at the LK the entire time.

If you need a bigger space for your holiday the hotel has two penthouses - one a three bedroom and the other a two bedroom. Both have huge balconies/patios with jacuzzi's. They are not advertised on the hotel webpage, but just contact Tong to arrange a viewing or reservation.

Please see Tong during business hours if there is anything you need assistance with - he will not let you down. He did so much for us on our holiday that we felt as if a family member was taking care of us.

* special note - no extra charge for overnight guests ;)

I booked my room here back in November for 3 nights and have nothing but good things to say about the hotel and staff.

My reservation was for a studio room and the manager was nice enough to bump me up to a superior room shown here.

This is my first choice for hotels in Pattaya, definitely worth the extra baht.

Thai ladies sold separately of course.

IMG_2784.JPG

IMG_2785.JPG

IMG_2786.JPG

IMG_2788.JPG

IMG_2789.JPG

IMG_2818.JPG

IMG_2820.JPG

Edited by pbsponger

Yep this place is :GoldenSmile1: .

Stayed alot different hotel in Pattaya. And LK Ren is def in the top. Friendly staff, location and costumer service.

I am staying at LK now :Drunk1:

And a tip: Be sure to talk to Tong the manager. He speaks very good english and if you are a returning customer you might get some very nice rates.

Just might add that the infamous annoying "hand held shower" is a thing of the past. Noticed on my last trip they have installed a pole that holds it. You still need to do the high jump to get into the bath/shower though :Drunk1:

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.