IGNORED

LK Renaissance

Kurt Rambis

Stayed at LK Renaissance for 7 nights last year. Was considering PBR but I decided I'd rather pay an extra 500 baht a night for a nicer room.

LKR was very comfortable although for a new hotel the room was a little worn. Totally GF, the breakfast buffet was reasonable and is fairly close to some action. The pool was accessible 24/7 which I liked and there was some noise if your room faces Soi Diana but not from where I was. The suites adjacent to the swimming pool on the 3rd floor looked VERY comfortable. LAN internet access was free.

The first negative of the hotel were the baths in the basic room. They were difficult to get in and out of (VERY deep and I'm a tall guy) and hard to keep the bathroom dry with the shower hose. The second was that the pool area is quite slippery. I fell over twice without hurting myself but I was probably lucky. Watch your step!

I would consider staying here again in a room with a seprate shower. I will probably try Tim Boutique next time although they charge for internet. Or maybe Baywalk Residence?

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hedonist

• Millard

• quenton79

• dudebrah

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks as though the shower is in an area separate from the bathtub, a real drag.

It looks as though the shower is in an area separate from the bathtub, a real drag.

Based on these pics, it looks to be the standard level room. If so, there isn't an overhead shower. You pull a retractable hose from the bathtub and wash yourself in the tub.

Hose.jpg

And the OP is right in that the tubs are very deep. I'm not short either, but nearly slipped a couple of times stepping out of the tub. It was even more difficult for the little BGs. Regardless, it's a nice hotel that has friendly customer service.

Edited by Millard

I have a jacuzzi tub at home and have the same issue. It is not only because its deep, the edge is also very wide to accommodate for the plumbing which means you have to step high and wide on a wet surface.

[center][size="3"][url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/21796-getting-to-los-in-one-piece-tips-for-surviving-the-flight/page__p__322708__fromsearch__1&#entry322708"]Getting to LOS in one piece, tips for surviving the flight[/url] [/size][size="3"] [color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Restaurant Reviews[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34723-benihanas-brunch-in-royal-garden-plaza/page__p__550523__fromsearch__1&#entry550523"]Benihana's Brunch[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/40196-shabushi-restaurant-6th-fl-central-festival/page__p__642739__fromsearch__1&#entry642739"]Shabushi[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/40224-central-festival-food-loft/"]Central Food Loft[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56291-rosabieng-restaurant-sukhumvit-soi-11/"]Rosabieng (Bangkok)[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34681-more-bar-and-grill-downstairs-from-the-marriott/page__p__549788__fromsearch__1&#entry549788"]More Bar and Grill[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34680-valentines-day-at-cherrys-on-third/page__p__549786__fromsearch__1&#entry549786"]Cherry's[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56293-bali-hai-sunset/"]Bali-Hai Sunset[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56294-so-who-wants-to-eat-shit/"]Shit[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56315-rogers-italian/page__gopid__879575&#entry879575"]Roger's Italian[/url] [/size][/center][center][size="3"][color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Hotel Reviews[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34823-mosaik-apartments-soi-daynight-2/page__p__551879__fromsearch__1&#entry551879"]Mosaik Apartments[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/37964-paragon-place-hotel-pattaya-nua-rd/page__p__605514__fromsearch__1&#entry605514"]Paragon Place[/url] [/size][size="3"][color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Trip Reports[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34867-a-short-visit-to-koh-chang/page__p__552510__fromsearch__1&#entry552510"]Koh Chang[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/38011-khao-yai-national-park/page__p__606162__fromsearch__1&#entry606162"]Khao Yai National Park[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/38006-songkran-in-the-village/page__p__606114__fromsearch__1&#entry606114"]Songkran in the Village[/url][/size] [/center]

I have one at home as well - fairly big and deep - and yes, you need to step over it - not on it.

the deluxe room has a separate shower with a jacuzzi bath next to it.

I stayed therefor two weeks in April, very nice. No major complaints. I have stayed at better but for a lot more money.

I will go back and stay there again.

One attraction is that your situated near second road, so you have the choice of easily getting to the beach area or visiting the dark side past second round, which was the first time for me and I totally enjoyed the new bars.

the deluxe room has a separate shower with a jacuzzi bath next to it.

I stayed therefor two weeks in April, very nice. No major complaints. I have stayed at better but for a lot more money.

I will go back and stay there again.

One attraction is that your situated near second road, so you have the choice of easily getting to the beach area or visiting the dark side past second round, which was the first time for me and I totally enjoyed the new bars.

I am booked in the deluxe room for my 1st 3 nights, until i web up with friends and we all go touring.

I like the area of Soi Diana, as, like you say, lots to explore without the need to go to Walking Street. In fact i think it could well become my favourite part of Pattaya. Central to most of the popular Sois like 7 and 8. Not TOO far from Soi 2, Soi Buakhow is RIGHT there, as it LK Metro. And a quick crossing of Second Road, with an airconditioned walk through Mikes and a Baht Bus along Beach Road.

SORTED !!!!! :GoldenSmile1:

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Yes - this was a standard room. No separate shower in these rooms. Sorry, no pics of the pool.

• 1 month later...

I am staying at the LK Renaissance for 3 nights. I chose it after careful research on this site.

Although not cheap I would ceratinly recommend the deluxe rooms which are huge. They are huge with separate walk in shower and jacuzzi bath. Their is a safe in the room and wired internet is free. My room is right opposite the pool area and the balcony looks out to the back which is very quiet.

The staff are super friendly and no problem bringing 2 girls back last night - they just had to leave their ID at the front desk.

As mentioned elsewhere the headboard is a bit stained, but apart from that the rooms are clean and tidy.

Some pics to help you decide.

IMG_4811.JPG

IMG_4812.JPG

IMG_4813.JPG

Just a couple of negatives with MY 3 night stay there in one of the deluxe rooms:

1) After checking in, and meeting up with my intended bedfellow for my stay there, it began to rain quite heavily, and when it stopped she noticed a pool of water near the settee by the window, so she called the housekeeping in case they blamed us for it (i didnt know the cause of the ingress at this time)

The housekeeping staff came up and said this always happens after it rains .........it comes in from badly fitted windows. So its not just the room we were assigned to. NOT a good start, lol !!!!

Then there was the toads chorus when the rain stopped..............must be thousands of them in that spare bit of land our room overlooked

2) The floor in the bathroom gets VERY slippy from the water running down the glass door of the enclosed shower )which btw was GREAT)

I went arse over tit when i barged in after my bedfellow had finished her shower and i wanted to "molest" her while she was still "damp"

Fucking hard tiles too, i can tell you

Other than that and a minor problem with that metal strip dividing the enterence tiles from the false (?) laminate flooring in the room itself being a bit loose, so that every time you stepped on it a cloud of sand, or cement came out.

Would i stay there again?

Not for the price i paid, no, tbh. Its just not worth it for the money, as its only rated a 3* and i have stayed in 5* hotels for not much more money than i paid for my room at The Renaissance.

Couldnt fault the staff though....nor the parking facility

Hedonist

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

All fair comments hedonist. It isn't cheap, but I like to have a bit of luxury and this is the best I could find in Pattaya. Haven't heard the toads yet though.

I've bought 2 girls back for the last 2 nights without any problem. They even supply free condoms in the bathroom - very thoughful.

Anyone know what a monthly rate is here?

i bet those condoms show up on your bill if you use em...kinda like a mini-bar item...LOL.

cheers, alex

All fair comments hedonist. It isn't cheap, but I like to have a bit of luxury and this is the best I could find in Pattaya. Haven't heard the toads yet though.

I've bought 2 girls back for the last 2 nights without any problem. They even supply free condoms in the bathroom - very thoughful.

YOU DIRTY (lucky) BASTARD !!!!!!!!

Your avatar looks VERY much like it was made of a pic taken in the room with those 2 girls you talked about !!!!!

Lets hope you get granted Trusted Member status so you can share them with us :GoldenSmile1:

Hedonist

there is a charge for the condoms!!! :GoldenSmile1:

no problems with taking back more than 1 girl! :Bravo1:

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

You never took back more than 1 girl Ali, you took back YOUR girl and her FAMILY MEMBERS.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

How big is the tub? I resemble the Chinese Buddha and want to share it with a girl or 2. I'm considering the deluxe for the separate shower/tub. I appreciate the warning about the slippery floors. Bath mats are cheap and pack small, I'll be sure to bring a couple. For the price they ought to supply them though.

How big is the tub? I resemble the Chinese Buddha and want to share it with a girl or 2. I'm considering the deluxe for the separate shower/tub. I appreciate the warning about the slippery floors. Bath mats are cheap and pack small, I'll be sure to bring a couple. For the price they ought to supply them though.

If you're big, I doubt you and another person could fit comfortably in the tub.

tub.jpg

You never took back more than 1 girl Ali, you took back YOUR girl and her FAMILY MEMBERS.

He took me to his room :Shower1:

If you're big, I doubt you and another person could fit comfortably in the tub.

tub.jpg

yes you can :)

I am booked in the deluxe room for my 1st 3 nights, until i web up with friends and we all go touring.

I like the area of Soi Diana, as, like you say, lots to explore without the need to go to Walking Street. In fact i think it could well become my favourite part of Pattaya. Central to most of the popular Sois like 7 and 8. Not TOO far from Soi 2, Soi Buakhow is RIGHT there, as it LK Metro. And a quick crossing of Second Road, with an airconditioned walk through Mikes and a Baht Bus along Beach Road.

SORTED !!!!! :GoldenSmile1:

Hedonist

Just a couple of negatives with MY 3 night stay there in one of the deluxe rooms:

1) After checking in, and meeting up with my intended bedfellow for my stay there, it began to rain quite heavily, and when it stopped she noticed a pool of water near the settee by the window, so she called the housekeeping in case they blamed us for it (i didnt know the cause of the ingress at this time)

The housekeeping staff came up and said this always happens after it rains .........it comes in from badly fitted windows. So its not just the room we were assigned to. NOT a good start, lol !!!!

Then there was the toads chorus when the rain stopped..............must be thousands of them in that spare bit of land our room overlooked

2) The floor in the bathroom gets VERY slippy from the water running down the glass door of the enclosed shower )which btw was GREAT)

I went arse over tit when i barged in after my bedfellow had finished her shower and i wanted to "molest" her while she was still "damp"

Fucking hard tiles too, i can tell you

Other than that and a minor problem with that metal strip dividing the enterence tiles from the false (?) laminate flooring in the room itself being a bit loose, so that every time you stepped on it a cloud of sand, or cement came out.

Would i stay there again?

Not for the price i paid, no, tbh. Its just not worth it for the money, as its only rated a 3* and i have stayed in 5* hotels for not much more money than i paid for my room at The Renaissance.

Couldnt fault the staff though....nor the parking facility

Hedonist

If you dont Mind Me asking , What Rate did you get on the Deluxe Room ? Last Feb i was able to get tehm down to 2300 per night . I loved the hotel . the Staff were really good . Not Once did they bother me to clean the room. Even if i dodn t get going until 8 pm , the room was alway cleaned after . I was also the the same floor as the pool which was really nice . IMO if the Deluxe rooms were 2000/ night they would be a great deal . They are getting a little worn , the only thing i didnt like was the stains on the fabric headboard , i alway pulled the bed away so it didnt touch. Boggles me why they dont steam them clean ?

If you dont Mind Me asking , What Rate did you get on the Deluxe Room ? Last Feb i was able to get tehm down to 2300 per night . I loved the hotel . the Staff were really good . Not Once did they bother me to clean the room. Even if i dodn t get going until 8 pm , the room was alway cleaned after . I was also the the same floor as the pool which was really nice . IMO if the Deluxe rooms were 2000/ night they would be a great deal . They are getting a little worn , the only thing i didnt like was the stains on the fabric headboard , i alway pulled the bed away so it didnt touch. Boggles me why they dont steam them clean ?

I paid 2500 a night booked through booking.com, and couldnt be bothered either haggling or looking elsewhere (as i was only staying there the 1st 3 nights, and booked it to give an LT a taste of "the high life" so to speak)

Yes you are correct they would be a good deal at 2000, and again spot on re the staff.

Loved the area it was in as well, but 2500 was a bit much for a 3 star, when i paid slightly more than that for a 5 star in Penang on same trip

Hedonist