Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

LK Renaissance

Kurt Rambis

I checked into the hotel last night and booked the hotel through Agoda. I booked a one bedroom suite for roughly 2800 baht per night but I did notice the deluxe going for less than 2100 baht. Just to put things in perspective, i usually stay at the Marriott and have stayed at Tim Boutique and Siam Bayshore.

Location is great as there is a Family Mart directly across the hotel entrance. I am within walking distance to several places of note such as Devils Den, Club Oasis, and Champagne a Gogo. I have reviews for those bars in other sections. I will be venturing the other direction (towards the beach) later today.

I find the hotel room quite good and just what I was looking for. I didn't get the sense of wear and tear mentioned by others. The room is a good size and I took my new potential girl friend there last night and she was impressed. She can watch her Thai channels in the living room and I can watch my English shows in the bedroom. I think she will be moving in with me during my stay (unless she ticks me off and I kick her out). As mentioned before, no joiner fees. I will try to bring in two girls tonight to see how that goes. The jacuzzi is a good size and fits my fat butt along with my companion snugly. The separate shower works well too.

The only downside is the breakfast which really can't compare with the other buffet breakfasts at the other Pattaya hotels that I have stayed at.

Overall, i would stay here again.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hedonist

• Millard

• quenton79

• dudebrah

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only downside is the breakfast which really can't compare with the other buffet breakfasts at the other Pattaya hotels that I have stayed at.

Interensting , I thought the Breakfast was great . buffet style ( + eggs cooked to order) Not a huge Selection But what they had was done well . I much prefered it to places like soi diana in where they have a lot of items that are all Shite :Oops3:

I know that Just after I was there Last ( feb ) the restaurant changed hands and is now being run By cheries restaurant . Cheries also does the restaurant at Pattaya bay . Great lunch and Dinner but Shite B-fast IMO

I checked into the hotel last night and booked the hotel through Agoda. I booked a one bedroom suite for roughly 2800 baht per night but I did notice the deluxe going for less than 2100 baht.

The thing with Agoda is the price the rooms EXCLUSIVE of tax and service charges.

Once those are added its not the bargain it seems

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Interensting , I thought the Breakfast was great . buffet style ( + eggs cooked to order) Not a huge Selection But what they had was done well . I much prefered it to places like soi diana in where they have a lot of items that are all Shite :Oops3:

I know that Just after I was there Last ( feb ) the restaurant changed hands and is now being run By cheries restaurant . Cheries also does the restaurant at Pattaya bay . Great lunch and Dinner but Shite B-fast IMO

Breakfast WAS/IS crap under Cherries, IMO

Ours was always cold from the buffet, although you could order things like eggs that were cooked on the spot for you if you asked.

Hedonist

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

• 2 weeks later...

<!--quoteo(post=646641:date=Jun 24 2009, 01:59 AM:name=BMOC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BMOC @ Jun 24 2009, 01:59 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=646641"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I checked into the hotel last night and booked the hotel through Agoda. I booked a one bedroom suite for roughly 2800 baht per night but I did notice the deluxe going for less than 2100 baht.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The thing with Agoda is the price the rooms <b>EXCLUSIVE</b> of tax and service charges.

Once those are added its not the bargain it seems

Hedonist

I understand this hotel doesn't seem to be the best deal in town as I understand Amari Nova Suites seem to be a much better deal for similar quality. However, I would pay a premium for location as well as a good internet connection in addition to the other typical amenities. I like where this hotel is situated (my previous favorite hotel was the Marriott) although Siam Bayshore was even better but the joiner fees removed it from consideration. If you think there is a better hotel in the immediate area, please do suggest but I think I will be staying here again next week as I am able to visit Pattaya earlier than expected.

• 5 weeks later...

So I've stayed at LK Renaissance for now my third trip at this hotel. The first time I booked the one bedroom suite and loved it. That was followed by a deluxe the second trip and now the superior. I noticed the second time the air conditioning wasn't working quite as well as the first time. As I love to blast the air con and have room like a fridge, it was a bit annoying. Now the third trip, I am encountering the same problem and have already mentioned it to them twice. It is even to the point that my guests are complaining and you know BGs are tiny and skinny things where the slightest drop in temperature is freezing to them.

So a couple of questions, do you others that have stayed at LK Renaissance in recent weeks notice the same? OR am I just unlucky and it is only certain rooms? What I am concerned is given the bad economy that everyone is trying to cut costs where they can to save money. Usually maintenance is one of the first things to delay till absolutely necessary. In other words, they may try to delay needed maintenance till things are absolutely broken before trying to fix. I do see the slow wear and tear affecting this hotel as mentioned earlier. Perhaps less people stay in the one bedroom suite so I didn't see as much wear and tear and now I am in the cheaper rooms, it is more apparent.

I am wondering if other hotels are suffering the same... it is a shame, I really like this hotel but looks like I may need to find another hotel if things don't improve.

I've always stayed in the 1 bedroom suite and have not had any problems. I was just there a month ago.

On my last stay, I never used the living area so I'll probably book the deluxe instead.

But with your comment about the wear and tear, I'll have to give it some more thought.

I'll be staying there in about 3 weeks. I enjoyed reading everyone's post and plan to

post my own once I arrive. I reserved a 1-Bedroom Suite for THB 2,700 @ night, did this directly with the hotel.

I'm wondering how their breakfast will taste?????

Thanks again!!!

Quent

I'll be staying there in about 3 weeks. I enjoyed reading everyone's post and plan to

post my own once I arrive. I reserved a 1-Bedroom Suite for THB 2,700 @ night, did this directly with the hotel.

I'm wondering how their breakfast will taste?????

Thanks again!!!

Quent

I would be interested in WHO is doing the breakfasts there now.

Cherries was awful, but now they have been replaced by that "all you can eat for 99Baht" mob, and has the misleading ads everywhere on these Thai forums.

That doesnt open til 3 PM

Hedonist

Cherries was awful, but now they have been replaced by that "all you can eat for 99Baht" mob, and has the misleading ads everywhere on these Thai forums.

Hedonist

Thanks for the info Hedonist....I'll defnitely take that into consideration!

Hedonist

Cherries still handles breakfast. Not a buffet but a set menu. Basically, you get a choice of 5 sets, I think. I always order the one with toast, eggs, sausage/hot dog, bacon, juice, and tea/coffee. It isn't much but does get my day started. I think other hotels have better breakfasts, then again I didn't book this hotel for the breakfast.

But with your comment about the wear and tear, I'll have to give it some more thought.

I think this is the real problem of this hotel and the bathtub only when you have a studio.

I used to know this hotel when he was just opened since 2 months and it was a fantastic hotel... now the wear and tear is little turn off for me with this rates but still a cosy/smart hotel to impress your TG.

Edited by MaGiK

Hedonist

I just got back from a stay there . Cheries is doing the breakfast and although its not as good as it was before , it is decent. They have made it available until noon and you can order it to your room at no charge ! . I,m not sure if its the same cheries that does the bfast at pattaya bay resort but its definetly better that their b fast

Ive stayed at LK Ren both times I been to Patts and loved it. The rooms are clean, the food downstairs is great and they dont even look twice when you bring countless numbers of BG's back throughout the day and night. I joke with the guys before I leave about how many im bringing back and if im going to share with them. They make my room when asked, theres a set time but im usually sleeping and the location to Walking St is 5min on bike. There are a couple of small bars right outside the door, some of the girls are pretty attractive and for 300bt you cant go wrong for an hour or two.

The restarant downstairs has changed their menu to cater to the ex-pats in the area, its a buffet now. All you can eat for 100bt and theres a different choice everyday. Burgers, chicken, pizza, I dont think I ate anywhere else but Kiss restarant on the corner of Soi Diana for early mornings.

Yes the hotel is a little more expensive but you get what you pay for right? I just like the luxury of having a nice room on vacation. The studio rooms are OK but small, stay in the Deluxe room or if you really want comfort, the two or three bedrooms on the roof. The view is crazy and the girls love it, but they love everything. The jaccuzzi is huge and the rooms are seperated by walls, there not up next to each other. If you speak to Tong the manager, he will always give you a 10-20% discount on any room.

Some men like to pay them to stay, I like to pay them to leave...either way you pay.

How do i get a hold of the owner? i need to arrange a stay in the room on the roof with 3 rooms in like a week from now.

If you speak to Tong the manager, he will always give you a 10-20% discount on any room.

email is : [email protected]

:001_Thank_You5:

so if i just speak to tong he will give me a 10 to 20 percent discount no matter what? do i just mention that i heard that off of PA?

No, the manager will give discounts for guests he knows. If you stay this time and then stay again your almost assured a discount.

This is my hotel of choice when in Patts. On the last trip, I booked 12 rooms for friends and received rates of 1500 baht for the studio rooms. The rates he gave me for the 1 bedroom apartment and deluxe rooms were awesome also.

I wont stay anywhere else, perfectly located, good staff and facilities.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

No, the manager will give discounts for guests he knows. If you stay this time and then stay again your almost assured a discount.

This is my hotel of choice when in Patts. On the last trip, I booked 12 rooms for friends and received rates of 1500 baht for the studio rooms. The rates he gave me for the 1 bedroom apartment and deluxe rooms were awesome also.

I wont stay anywhere else, perfectly located, good staff and facilities.

You stay there because the bars in front of the hotel have LBs that yell to you, "Pompui man, why you so sexy?!" :Grin_Jump1:

I just got a reply from them about the penthouse with 3 bedrooms. Original price is 18,000 bhat but he said he will give it to me for 12,600 bhat. This is per night.

Edited by richied300

I stayed there for about a week during the month of July, along with other BMs such as Bitch Controller, Mavrick, Deadman, dudebrah, Clark Kent, etc. We were actually part of the group of 12 that received the rate of 1,500 Baht/night mentioned by Mahogany St. James. My impression of the hotel:

Positives

Great location. There is a Famimart right across from the hotel with an ATM machine outside. A spa/massage place is attached to it. Laundry place only 3 doors or so down. While the attached restaurant may not serve the best food, you are also within reasonable walking distance of Kiss Food, Bob's BBQ, etc. As for the included breakfast, I only had it once during my stay as I didn't even find out it was included until the day I was checking out (or that you could order it to your room with no additional charge!). The breakfast was ok, but at least it was free. Compared to some of the hotels in Bangkok (no complimentary breakfast for the Dawin, Dynasty Grande, or the Grande Mercure Residence Asoke Formerly Sofitel. The Westin charges close to 600 Baht for their buffet).

While on the topic of location, there are also a couple of gogos nearby (Champagne, Oasis, Blue, Papagayo, etc.), a row of beer bars across from the hotel and Devil's Den is also right around the corner. If you are feeling lazy and can't be bothered to make it to Walking St., there are options close by.

Wired internet with decent speed that is free. Very important for guys like me that need to bring work along with them during vacation... that or you just want to log onto PA...

Decent decoration. While I have stayed in better, this is pretty much one of the better ones in Pattaya and as someone else have mentioned, most of the BGs you bring back will be impressed.

Negatives

Difficult access to the bath/shower has been mentioned couple of times.

The shower has very weak pressure. With the absence of a curtain, water gets everywhere and coupled with the difficulty of getting in and out of the bath tub, I can smell potential lawsuits (if this were in the U.S.)

Potential negative turned positive

During check out, they had some difficulty with their one and only credit card machine (we didn't know the problem was with their machine at that time). As a result, Mavrick couldn't put his room on his card (or we thought, turned out the hotel did charge his room to his card). So I offered to put his room on my card. After several attempts, I was informed that the transaction didn't go through. Mavrick ended up paying for the room with cash. After leaving Pattaya, we discovered the charges to our cards. Through Bitch Controller, I asked Tong the manager to issue me a refund. He told Bitch Controller the problem was taken care of. But I still didn't see the refund to my account. Two weeks or so later, I also contacted Tong about the issue and told him it was either refund or I have no choice but to dispute the charge. Couple days later, the refund was issued. Although it took almost 3 weeks for the refund, I suppose I ultimately got my money back, a rare thing in Pattaya. Also, possibly due to this incident, Tong is offering me the studio room next month for 1,500 baht/night (without having to bring Bitch Controller or 11 other people along).

Stayed there for 3 nights to check out things before my buddies get into town. I was informed by their auto email from their website that for a studio it would be 1500B. However when I inquired about free internet and breakfast I did not get a reply back. After enduring a long flight from Paris I decided to walk in and see if I can get the same deal. 1700 is the best they can give me including Net and BF. The lady at front desk spoke good English and even told me "no charge for lady friend". WOW, what a hook up as there were about 5 guys bringing girls to the front desk to drop off their IDs.LOL.

Overall not a bad hotel, decent size and good location. Bath tub/shower is dangerous to get in and out for short TGs. The toilet was had very low H2O pressure so it got plugged when I dropped the kids off at the pool. My room is facing a empty slot and BF was Eh.

The biggest disappointment is the pool on the 3rd floor. Talk about small and shallow. I like to sunbath during the day and use the chlorine to kill any residual Soi 6 bacteria after an afternoon delight.

Might have to try Tim's B out next week. Can anyone testify if the pool is better at Tim's.

Might have to try Tim's B out next week. Can anyone testify if the pool is better at Tim's.

pool at Tim"s much more better nice pool bar and good place to relax and enjoy sunbath few hours....

Pool at Dusit D2 also very nice....

I agree with you Mike...I stayed at Tim Boutique back in April.

The pool is located on the top...very nice and spacious.

They even have a bar that you can swim up to and order you and your party a drink.

All in all...the hotel was pretty good. I even did a thread on it!