Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

World Snooker Championship 2024

mikeyboy

World Snooker started yesterday at Crucible  ,  and already a couple of big guns out .

Neil Robertson after an average season , dropped out of the Worlds top 16  and failed to Qualify ,   Luca Brecel last years winner beaten in first road 10-9 .

Selby Higgins O'Sullivan Allen Trump and Williams all in with a chance , add Kyren and Gary Wilson .   Four Chinese players including Ding Junhui there , but no banned Yan Bintao .

Anyone could win ,  I'll go for Mark Selby and Mark Williams to go far ...   

Mikeyboy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Was going to open this thread now til I find yours uo already … Thanks Mike . 

Crucible curse strikes again , the champion  go out on the first round . Remember Steve Davis went out 1-10 to Tony Knowles … Gilbert fought back from 6-9 to win … I think the pockets is not generous there ? 

Backed Selby & Allen to win the World Snooker Championship but hoping for Rocket to win it … tough match for him on Wednesday with Page of Wales . 

Strange to see snooker without Neil Robertson whom he got knocked out by Jones of Wales last Wednesday or Thursday… 

• Like 3

I have a fiver @11/1 on my fellow countryman Mark Williams, he's on form, buzzin with confidence and has the best temperament thats ever been seen I think!....but!! can Ronnie ever be ignored? the best player that has ever played the game...

I will be in Pattaya for the duration of the tournament, looking forward to some "quiet" nights watching it.

Edited by BigLicks
reword
  • Like 3

Joe O'Connor 6 - 2 up on Mark Selby  .  Doesn't look Fazed at all .  

Selby has been very inconsistent this season , and said if he didn't improve his play here he would seriously think about giving up .    Retirement is something Ronnie has threatened every week for the last ten years  , but he is still playing and has the game to win an 8th world title .   

• Like 2

Jak Jones beat highly rated Chinese Zhang 10-4 , he will be a dark horse after beating Neil Robertson 10-9 last week … Selby losing 2-7 at the moment with 1 frame to go . Never write off Selby , O Connor from England??? An Irish name 555

3 top seed gone , Carter , Brecel and Selby …  O Connor kept his cooL to dash Selby hopes of  a come back .. they are practicing partners at Leicester snooker hall .. 

Bingham should have 7-2 up with a last easy black missed , Gary playing terrible will be grateful for 6-3 down .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jocky king said:

3 top seed gone , Carter , Brecel and Selby …  O Connor kept his cooL to dash Selby hopes of  a come back .. they are practicing partners at Leicester snooker hall .. 

Bingham should have 7-2 up with a last easy black missed , Gary playing terrible will be grateful for 6-3 down .

That last easy black that Stuart Bingham missed !  The stuff of nightmares ..

Mark Selby said he needs some help on the mental side of his game , his ability is obvious .  Said he will decide in the Summer whether to continue playing or not .  

• Like 2

Last four days , I see many missed the left pocket on the bottom of your tv screen … very tight pocket I presume , bit like the one on the first table at double kiss third rd , do you agree Mike ? 

2 hours ago, jocky king said:

Last four days , I see many missed the left pocket on the bottom of your tv screen … very tight pocket I presume , bit like the one on the first table at double kiss third rd , do you agree Mike ? 

Sure all pockets are identical,  it must be the angle of the dangle that is causing the problems...I see Mark Williams has a lot of work to do to stay in the race, if anyone can do it...he can!

Edited by BigLicks
typo

3 hours ago, jocky king said:

I must admit the pockets at the Crucible have looked very generous for quite a number of years .  The jaw cut on them seem to allow a lot of balls drop that wouldn't drop at local club tables .  

Double Kiss 3rd road pockets are ridiculously tight .   

Interesting that Ding Junhui in i think the third frame, hit a black so hard it bounced before hitting the leather at the back of the pocket and came back out on the table ...

Mikeyboy

mark Williams 9-7 down, in real trouble

I like Si Jiahui

i think we could have a new winner this year

trump and ronnie fav, but anything can happen

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Chinese Si nerves is gone , can’t see him win the decider over the experience Williams … he can spell his blood right now … 

• Haha 2

Mark Williams is gone , 6th of 16 Top Seed players out …  Not over yet . 

IMG_8512.jpeg

48 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Chinese Si nerves is gone , can’t see him win the decider over the experience Williams … he can spell his blood right now … 

Didn’t enjoy the Williams antics. Well within rules but Si is just a kid. 

12 hours ago, Yogi007 said:

Didn’t enjoy the Williams antics. Well within rules but Si is just a kid. 

I must have missed that ,  what happened ?

Never seen Mark Williams try anything on .    The only time i'm seen him other than placid is when he was getting kicks from the cue ball , something that thankfully rarely happens now. 

Mikeyboy

26 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

I must have missed that ,  what happened ?

Never seen Mark Williams try anything on .    The only time i'm seen him other than placid is when he was getting kicks from the cue ball , something that thankfully rarely happens now. 

Mikeyboy

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/27497049/moment-mark-williams-cue-fan-crowd-world-snooker-championship/amp/

IMG_3661.thumb.jpeg.2212abfd4732cdc2a1a7b118be5e7c53.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Yogi007 said:

Thanks for Link , i did miss that .

Well , my two picks for having a decent run this year have already gone out , Mark Williams and Mark Selby . 

Both played very average matches against Players they would generally beat most times  .   Shows that just being off top form in just one session is enough to be dumped out in Selby's case .   

Mikeyboy

13 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

Thanks for Link , i did miss that .

Well , my two picks for having a decent run this year have already gone out , Mark Williams and Mark Selby . 

Both played very average matches against Players they would generally beat most times  .   Shows that just being off top form in just one session is enough to be dumped out in Selby's case .   

Mikeyboy

My least favourite player is Ali Carter, he is such a weirdo. Players sit so close to each other at the crucible and he was constantly trying to make eye contact with his opponent every time he came off the table.

I do like the chinese players, they just get on with it, no complaints, no hassle and are so calm and collected. 

Edited by Yogi007

Robert Milkins scraped through 10/9 against the Chinese kid Pang , in what was a nervy 1st round match of very poor quality .    Milkins was trying to up the tempo of the game because of Pang's very deliberate play,  and played some shots without much thought going int it .   Pang at times was playing obviously wrong shots as the commentary team noted  .

I watched a fair amount of this match as i had a financial interest in Milkins winning .  Can't see him winning next time out  playing like that . 

Mikeyboy

I met Jimmy White at a bar in Darkside 2022. 1000 baht for a game with Jimmy. Blacked out my face as my visit to Thailand was when I was supposed to be on a “business trip” 😆😆

6426cee4-5dbd-4e9f-afec-64dd9aa45c69.thumb.jpeg.a636c1f96677ea7debd70e30f2069141.jpeg

Used to drink in the same pub / pubs as Jimmy back in the 80's .    He was already a big name player , but you would not know it .

Just a good hearted regular guy out on the booze .  

• Like 2

hi

Williams said some 'curious' things after his defeat? something about might not see me here again?

I gather he is making money playing pool in China?  With Arabic and Chinese money floating around could be only a matter of time before the World champs moves to a large venue, money talks!

With all those seeds already out the tournament is really opening up, Trump to win it for me!

Cheers Beet

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Hoping Jamie Jones turns it up against Higgins 2moro only 1 frame in it, we were in school together he's a proper decent guy tbf

Edited by gmoule

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png