Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

World Snooker Championship 2024

mikeyboy

Cracking final frame. Looked like Allen was on the way to sealing it when Higgins popped up with that superb effort.

• Like 2

Talk about never give up .

John Higgins must have balls the size of Grapefruits .  

Competition really gets going today with four Quarter finals starting , cant wait .  

Mikeyboy

• Like 2

Then we all think we are a Ronnie O’Sullivan on the pool tables of Pattaya. I was gutted when this bar girl beat me, it just looked like she wasn’t even trying, no proper stance, stands up way too high yet everything just goes in! Lol

Trump is happier than Jones with a 4-4 draw at first session , lucky to win the last frame after needing a snooker . 

Maguire in trouble, losing 1-7 to Gilbert … 

Edited by jocky king

Poor quality from both players Ronnie and Bingham. Bingham swearing here on live tv:

Stuart Bingham with 2-0 up and on third frame , got too greedy to look for a 147 , cost him that frame .. 4-4 til tomorrow morning ..

John Higgins is relieved to go 3-5 down from 0-4 down to Kyren Wilson .. I can’t watch Kyren due to his sneaky eyes .. 555

Edited by jocky king

Posted (edited)

Morning session of Trump/jones was the worst scrappy session I ever seen .. but I enjoyed that 

Edited by jocky king

Posted (edited)

Another top seed gone , World number 2 Trump beaten by a Welsh qualifier Jak Jones . 9-13 … Might encourage Ronnie to play better after dinner as Bingham or Ronnie will play Jones in the semi .. 

Edited by jocky king

Posted (edited)

Ronnie is gone by Bingham 10-13 … Bingham was fantastic all through the match … played like he did in 2015 when he won the World Snooker Championship… Wilson beat Higgins . 

Only one top seed in the semi with three qualifiers…. First time ever I think ? 

Edited by jocky king
  • Like 3

If ever a chance for Kyren Wilson to win the Worlds it's this year .  

I hope Stuart Bingham does the business , i like watching him play , he can be sublime one minute and then miss a sitter .  

Mikeyboy

Been an interesting championship. Not great for scoring but some great drama. As others have mentioned the pockets are playing tight where in previous years they have been loose. I presume this is deliberately set? For the guts of 20k a table and all the work needed to set them up I would have thought they were more consistent? 

Any thoughts on the continued use of the Crucible? The commentators seem to go out of their way to say how unique the atmosphere there is. My two baht, the two table format sucks, the tickets sell out a year ahead of the tournament and other venues are capable of generating a good atmosphere. The game has outgrown the venue, not saying move it to Saudi but yes move it after the contract runs out.

• Like 2

Two things for sure after The Rockets exit last night…. the bookies will not be able to close their satchels with the amount of money they have in them and the viewing figures will plummet.
I didn’t have a bet this year but would have backed Trump and Allen if I did.

I personally will not be overly interested in the remaining matches , would have loved to see ROS get the 8th title even though he has turned into a bit of a self indulgent whinge merchant. I don’t think he shook the little Bulgarian refs hand at the end of the game. Love seeing her bending over the table replacing the potted colours !!

He wasn’t at his best for sure against Bingham and Bingham played probably his best sessions of snooker in a long time . Solid and never looked liked missing when he was in. 

This year’s tournament hasn’t really done it for me. There’s still a bit of an edge between Maguire and Murphy if the fist pumping was anything to go by. Milkins walks around the table with the demeanour of a man whose just been told by his wife to put an Ikea bookcase together before allowing him to go to the pub 😆 
I thought the Chinese players may be strong this year after a lot of seeds hit the deck, bet Barry Hearn would have loved that for commercial reasons.  Bet he’s also hoping for a few Saudi/Middle East players to break through. Won’t be long before the tournament is moved from The Crucible.

The BBC pundits have been making thinly-disguised comments about how wonderful the venue is for atmosphere and heritage, they’ll soon forget about that once the Saudis start throwing money around. Just look at Qatar 2022. 

Two things for sure after The Rockets exit last night…. the bookies will not be able to close their satchels with the amount of money they have in them and the viewing figures will plummet.

I personally will not be overly interested in the remaining matches , would have loved to see ROS get the 8th title even though he has turned into a bit of a self indulgent whinge merchant. I don’t think he shook the little Bulgarian refs hand at the end of the game. Love seeing her bending over the table replacing the potted colours !!

He wasn’t at his best for sure against Bingham and Bingham played probably his best sessions of snooker in a long time . Solid and never looked liked missing when he was in. 

This year’s tournament hasn’t really done it for me. There’s still a bit of an edge between Maguire and Murphy if the fist pumping was anything to go by. Milkins walks around the table with the demeanour of a man whose just been told by his wife to put an Ikea bookcase together before allowing him to go to the pub 😆 
I thought the Chinese players may be strong this year after a lot of seeds hit the deck, bet Barry Hearn would have loved that for commercial reasons.  Bet he’s also hoping for a few Saudi/Middle East players to break through. Won’t be long before the tournament is moved from The Crucible.

The BBC pundits have been making thinly-disguised comments about how wonderful the venue is for atmosphere and heritage, they’ll soon forget about that once the Saudis start throwing money around. Just look at Qatar 2022. 

Sorry for the triple post Mod’s……

20 hours ago, jocky king said:

Another top seed gone , World number 2 Trump beaten by a Welsh qualifier Jak Jones . 9-13 … Might encourage Ronnie to play better after dinner as Bingham or Ronnie will play Jones in the semi .. 

hi Jk

the standard of trump's play that session was bizarrely bad, the table may have had a part in that as he simply didnt appear to be able to get the pace of it, i think he was over thinking stuff as well, who would have thought the semi final line up would be what we will see today!   As a previous poster has alluded to, it will be interesting to see what the viewing figures are after Ron and Trumps exit?

Cheers Beet

• Like 3

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 29/04/2024 at 19:10, Yogi007 said:

Yeh true, I beginning to look at it that way too. It’s getting boring now, his speeches. It must be hard mentally, completely get that. Do fear for him when he finally does pack it in.

hi he has plenty of irons in the fire, apparently earns much dinero in China doing exhibitions, also he is major 'ambassador' for new Saudi snooker interests, plus he actually likes being a pundit and he's a very good one with his break building knowledge in particular,   if enough money is guaranteed there is the possibility of a break away snooker tour ?

Cheers Beet

6 minutes ago, beethoven said:

hi Jk

the standard of trump's play that session was bizarrely bad, the table may have had a part in that as he simply didnt appear to be able to get the pace of it, i think he was over thinking stuff as well, who would have thought the semi final line up would be what we will see today!   As a previous poster has alluded to, it will be interesting to see what the viewing figures are after Ron and Trumps exit?

Cheers Beet

I’ll be still watching the semi , I hope Jak will win the championship if not Bingham … Gilbert then , Wilson a big no no , I can’t stand watching him , but a good solid player though . He should smile a bit more ..😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, jocky king said:

I’ll be still watching the semi , I hope Jak will win the championship if not Bingham … Gilbert then , Wilson a big no no , I can’t stand watching him , but a good solid player though . He should smile a bit more ..😂😂😂

hi JK

its really a complete toss up, I have a liking for Gilbert lovely cue man when he is on it,  an elegant player. must admit it would be amazing for Jak if he did it !!

Cheers Beet

I will be watching for sure. Probably leaning towards Bingham to win it as I always thought he never really pushed on from winning it in 2015.

Be interesting to see if the table crew can work their magic on the pockets. In previous years tv constantly put up the tournament  century count, no idea what it is this year but I am guessing nowhere near 100?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Somchai1 said:

What happened in Qatar in 2022 ?  😀 😀

I'm the exact opposite , looking forward to these match ups ..   Kyren Wilson will never have a better chance of winning it . When he reached the final a couple of years ago he froze , Bingham has the experience of doing it and the game .   Two new faces in the Semis will be refreshing , viewing figures will be interesting now . 

Thoughts on the venue in a few years time ?  Maybe Sheffield could build another Venue and maybe double the capacity . China was an option , but these 10 Chinese players banned for cheating would have set back that idea a long way . The Chinese this year disappointed , they all have the same game , potting machines with little flair , just like coming off a factory line  .  Yan Bintao offered more , but we won't see him for another 8 years , if ever . 

As for Saudi Arabia , well i would say some things are more valuable than money .   Also be interested if we hear more on this potential breakaway tour . 

A 47 and 42 year old in the semis and the other 2 guys in their 30's , where are all the young guns ?

Mikeyboy

• Like 2

Kyren Wilsons to lose now IMO,

he has been brilliant

Bingham was very very good IMO,

Maybe got run of the balls a bit

Best of luck to the rest

• Like 2

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

After Ronnie going out, I’ve lost a bit of interest in the rest of the tournament. Staying awake late to watch just not worth it now for me personally. 

• Like 2

Jak Jones will be relieved to go to bed happy with a 4-4 after losing 0-3 to Bingham …