IGNORED

World Snooker Championship 2024

mikeyboy

On 23/04/2024 at 18:27, Yogi007 said:

Didn’t enjoy the Williams antics. Well within rules but Si is just a kid. 

Mark Williams always having a fun with the audience.. I think nothing wrong . I always remembered funny one , he was in a very difficult snookered , he blessed himself before taking a shot . So funny . 

31 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Mark Williams always having a fun with the audience.. I think nothing wrong . I always remembered funny one , he was in a very difficult snookered , he blessed himself before taking a shot . So funny . 

He knew what he was doing faced with a 21 year old, the commentators knew it as well.

Stephen Maguire back to his best , Trump also on top form both can go further to the final … 

Just seen Shaun Murphy giving a fist pump after potting a last black  to go 5-7 behind , there’s no love in the air between em .

Edited by jocky king

Those players that play with cue left or right of their chin just wind me up. I don’t why, just looks odd and wrong. Obviously works for them, just not a cool look. 

3 hours ago, Yogi007 said:

Those players that play with cue left or right of their chin just wind me up. I don’t why, just looks odd and wrong. Obviously works for them, just not a cool look. 

hi they are cueing down the line of their 'master' eye, Joe Davis did this and recommended it in his book many years ago !

Cheers Beet

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Day won’t be sad over 5-3 down to O Sullivan … he did well to win three frames against the best snooker player ever on the planet . He has to keep playing his best to match him . 

Maguire won 13-9 to Murphy , they exchanged a warm handshake which is good , 

• Like 3

On 27/04/2024 at 12:24, Yogi007 said:

Gary Wilson was the only player I see his cue far away from his  chin 555

Ronnie will win the comp if he stays focused 

Too many others have been very sloppy. Would love to see mark Allen win it though

Have any of you ever see a Coventry fan always sitting nearby the players seat … he proposed his girlfriend ( presumed a wife now ) an engagement ring at crucible. Haven’t seen him this week .. 

Edited by jocky king

I have a good feeling that this year there will be the lowest century breaks for years . 

56 minutes ago, jocky king said:

I have a good feeling that this year there will be the lowest century breaks for years . 

Pockets are tighter

18 hours ago, jackconnolly said:

Ronnie will win the comp if he stays focused 

Too many others have been very sloppy. Would love to see mark Allen win it though

Ronnie didn't feel challenged yesterday so made mistakes, he was in 1st gear and that's all he needed. Should wrap things today after a good nights sleep! 

11 hours ago, Yogi007 said:

Pockets are tighter

I think some pussies in Pattaya need tightening up. All you studs going at them 

1 hour ago, Yogi007 said:

Ronnie didn't feel challenged yesterday so made mistakes, he was in 1st gear and that's all he needed. Should wrap things today after a good nights sleep! 

10-6 is a good cushion for Ronnie , but anything can happen in snooker . Day only need 7 frames to win the match to Ronnie 3 …  Ronnie not happy with his cue tip , maybe he get it right for today … 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jocky king said:

hi JK there's something about those new star tables, a buddy of mine plays on one at a local club here and they are very tight, also those on tv appear to be incredibly fast, as a long lived club player ive generally played on slower tables, simply because clubs generally need a thicker more hard working cloth,  snooker is so much better on fast cloths as we can then strike the ball softer, some of the shots you see on tv are virtually impossible on the average club table,

btw a new star table for a tournament costs £16,000 im led to believe.

the prospect of a Judd-Ronnie semi-final looms ever nearer.!

Gilbert could be the dark horse, wonderful player when he's on it

Cheers beet

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Ronnie won 13-7 to Ryan Day , Ronnie will have to play better than that at quarter final with either Bingham or Lisowski . Ryan made so many errors whereas Bingham or Lisowski wont make that much … 

9 hours ago, Yogi007 said:

I think you are right , Ryan made more mistakes today as he had to try and make something happen .  The result was inevitable  . 

Just now, mikeyboy said:

I think you are right , Ryan made more mistakes today as he had to try and make something happen .  The result was inevitable  . 

Ronnie’s interview didn’t sound too convincing, he has always been a troubled soul. 

Just now, Yogi007 said:

Ronnie’s interview didn’t sound too convincing, he has always been a troubled soul. 

I tend not to listen to Ronnie or read some of the nonsense he spouts .  Content just to watch him play , no more ..

Mikeyboy

37 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

I tend not to listen to Ronnie or read some of the nonsense he spouts .  Content just to watch him play , no more ..

Mikeyboy

Yeh true, I beginning to look at it that way too. It’s getting boring now, his speeches. It must be hard mentally, completely get that. Do fear for him when he finally does pack it in.

Tonight’s games are crackers, a must watch

Bingham 11  Lisowski 9   Very scrappy 20 th frame with both players showing nerves , but entertaining with all the mistakes .  

Higgins Allen locked at 10 each ,  i'm making no predictions on either match . 

• Like 2

Nerves of steel required in the final frame to see who prevails between Mark Allen and John Higgins.

OMG , John Higgins were unbelievable, thought he was gone after Allen making a decent 62 break with only a easy red needed , missed that , John went for a double.. unbelievable.. 

• Like 2