IGNORED

World Snooker Championship 2024

mikeyboy

8 hours ago, jocky king said:

Jak Jones will be relieved to go to bed happy with a 4-4 after losing 0-3 to Bingham … 

He did well, the easy misses were getting to him. He dug deep and played well.

Wilson & Gilbert  playing so well this morning , Hard to forecast the winner .  

18 hours ago, jocky king said:

Wilson & Gilbert  playing so well this morning , Hard to forecast the winner .  

Kyren Wilson took control of the match in last nights session  14 / 10  ahead going into today .

Jones and Bingham locked at 8 / 8  with 2 sessions to go , this one could go all the way .  

3 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Kyren Wilson took control of the match in last nights session  14 / 10  ahead going into today .

Jones and Bingham locked at 8 / 8  with 2 sessions to go , this one could go all the way .  

Looks likely Wilson vs Bingham in the final … 

Bingham looks more stronger with loads of experience such as positioning, better ball power , ( reverse & forward ) whereas Jones is bit weaker on some department.. Wilson Vs Bingham will be a cracking match , both on great form . 

I don’t understand Jones … all he gave to do is push the last red  gently to the pocket as Bingham needing 4 snookers .. he is making life difficult for himself … 21st frame 

A very scrappy last session from Bingham & Jones .. Jones eventually won 17-12 .. Bingham playing terrible at the last session and this morning . No offence to Jak jones  fans , cannot see him beat Kyren Wilson in tomorrow’s final . He will be slaughtered if he played like today . 

16 hours ago, jocky king said:

A very scrappy last session from Bingham & Jones .. Jones eventually won 17-12 .. Bingham playing terrible at the last session and this morning . No offence to Jak jones  fans , cannot see him beat Kyren Wilson in tomorrow’s final . He will be slaughtered if he played like today . 

Well Jocky , seems like you might be right , Kyren Wilson 5-0 up and given plenty of chances . Jak Jones looks like he is going though a nightmare and no hiding place . 

Needs to somehow get a frame soon to settle himself down or this match will be over as a contest today .

Mikeyboy

7 -0    if it was a boxing match the referee would wave it off ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

7 -0    if it was a boxing match the referee would wave it off ..

I switched the channels after seeing Jones losing 0-2 plus missing a sitter . Watching Harlequin Vs Toulouse instead … 

Bit of a shame but not that surprising. Bingham really should have win that semi. Unless it is a comeback ala Dennis Taylor or Hendry v White it could be over in 3 sessions.

16 hours ago, dontpanic said:

Bit of a shame but not that surprising. Bingham really should have win that semi. Unless it is a comeback ala Dennis Taylor or Hendry v White it could be over in 3 sessions.

11 - 6  overnight  ,  enough time for Wilson to win it this afternoon .   Experience counts for a lot and Kyren Wilson getting to the final in 2020 helping him against a player who lost it in the first session .

Mikeyboy

Jones will rue not making it 10-7, some of his shot selections seem crazy for a world final. Maybe safety play isn't his strong point.

13 - 10  Wilson  and we have a final .

I don't know if Jones is being deliberate in looking at shots that he has no intention of playing , but i could imagine that nonsense would really piss off opponents .

Mikeyboy

Wilson's to lose but the way both players are missing it could go either way. Credit to Jones for the fightback but don't think he can win 8 in the last session.

2 hours ago, dontpanic said:

Wilson's to lose but the way both players are missing it could go either way. Credit to Jones for the fightback but don't think he can win 8 in the last session.

17 - 14 now and credit to Jones for not giving up .

World Champion Kyren Wilson , 18 - 14  in what turned out to be a decent final after Jak Jones finally started playing .

Tears from Wilson as soon as he won ,showed what it meant to him .

Hard to believe it was Jak's first ever tour final. Enjoyable competition more for the misses and drama than for the high breaks. Bbc did a nice piece on the future of The Crucible during the break last night.

Im glad Wilson won,

he has been knocking on the door for a long time

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

5 hours ago, dontpanic said:

Bbc did a nice piece on the future of The Crucible during the break last night.

Yeh that was interesting, it's a beautiful game that badly needs investment if they want to take it to the next level. I am sure if the Crucible was modernised with more capacity they would rake in the ticket sales anyway but its only 2 weeks of the year. However, Lords, Wembley etc get used a lot more. Crucible is a theatre throughout the year? 

On 07/05/2024 at 12:57, Yogi007 said:

Yeh that was interesting, it's a beautiful game that badly needs investment if they want to take it to the next level. I am sure if the Crucible was modernised with more capacity they would rake in the ticket sales anyway but its only 2 weeks of the year. However, Lords, Wembley etc get used a lot more. Crucible is a theatre throughout the year? 

I was at the SF on Friday. There was 15-20 empty seats. Selling them a year in advance seems to be odd. Bigger venue maybe needed but sounds more like political games from Hearn