Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Ashes Test Cricket 2023

mikeyboy

1 hour ago, bobbyg said:

Whats not "fair" about my statement?? Yes the Aussies won the first 2 tests and retained the Ashes. Of that theres of course no doubt. However, what im trying to say is that the first 3 matches were very close. However, we outplayed you in the 4th test

Okay... well, to be fair, if it didn't rain during the 4th test then Australia could've won. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

10 hours ago, Ah dinnae ken said:

well all I know is Joe Root decided a tweak to the rules was in order mid test when he said they should play until 10pm or until the poms won

I'm hoping he said it tongue in cheek ,  i don't believe half the bullshite top sportsmen come out with .    

8 hours ago, Macawber said:

To be fair?? The FACT is that Australia won the first 2 tests AND they’ve retained The Ashes. The sooner you poms grow up and accept THE FACTS instead of living in fantasy land the better off you’ll be. Maybe then your team MIGHT have a chance of winning the final test in reality and not by maybes and ifs. 

Thanks for re joining the discussion , you were AWOL for a while , when things went against Australia and they had no answer other than 9 fielders on the boundary .  

Final test at the Oval ,  Australia bowl and send out boundary sweepers from the third over .   131 /3 at Lunch .     Pitch looks a good cricket wicket , pace , bounce , carry .  Overcast conditions and decent bowling temps but Australia's seamers bowled both sides of the wicket .   

It will be interesting to see how Cummins uses Todd Murphy this test , in for the still not fit Cameron Green .  England unchanged . 

More rain forecast for later in this match .    

Mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy
add

31 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

I'm hoping he said it tongue in cheek ,  i don't believe half the bullshite top sportsmen come out with .    

19 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

Thanks for re joining the discussion , you were AWOL for a while , when things went against Australia and they had no answer other than 9 fielders on the boundary .  

Final test at the Oval ,  Australia bowl and send out boundary sweepers from the third over .   131 /3 at Lunch .     Pitch looks a good cricket wicket , pace , bounce , carry .  Overcast conditions and decent bowling temps but Australia's seamers bowled both sides of the wicket .   

It will be interesting to see how Cummins uses Todd Murphy this test , in for the still not fit Cameron Green .  England unchanged . 

More rain forecast for later in this match .    

Mikeyboy

Well thanks for your learned updates Captain Obvious .... I stand by my last post. 

14 hours ago, Macawber said:

Do you mean just like you 'won' the first 2 tests ?? 5555

I quoted myself and ammended it a couple of posts later after i'd seen my typo.

250/7 at tea , 50 overs .   Looks like England are chasing after a result , one way or the other .  Will lose time from this game if the forecast is right .

Murphy gets a bowl , and bugger me , he gets a wicket !   Moeen Ali groin injury , could be a big concern .

Quite humid today and hope England get the ball to swing when their turn .

Mikeyboy

England  283  Australia 61/1     Australia's day i would say , although their catching was very poor and could have bowled the oppo out for a lot less .   Todd Murphy bowled well and his 2 wickets will give him confidence .

England didn't really bowl that great and Usman Khawaja looked very solid .  I reckon this wicket will turn later on , 

Mikeyboy

Australia 295 , lead of 12 on first Innings ,  i thought England bowled well without much luck in the morning session .

Steve Smith played well and Todd Murphy surprised with a run a ball 34 , Pat Cummins also added useful runs .

England seamers bowled a lot of overs today with Moeen Ali not fit .  That could come back to hurt them 4th innings of the match .

A very different day to most of this series with Australia grafting , but still good test cricket .

Overnight rain in London forecast , but should clear in the morning .. 

Mikeyboy

Yet another collapse by England, from 332-4 to 379-9 as we speak, I'm surprised we haven't lost the last wicket whilst typing this  :)

Hopefully enough runs on the board to defend, fingers crossed the rain doesn't save the Aussies yet again  :)

Edited by jaynewcastle

3 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

Yet another collapse by England, from 332-4 to 379-9 as we speak, I'm surprised we haven't lost the last wicket whilst typing this  :)

Hopefully enough runs on the board to defend, fingers crossed the rain doesn't save the Aussies yet again  :)

389/9 at close , i  would think England very happy with the progress made today after Australia's stodgy effort yesterday .

You have to risk a collapse when scoring at 5+ runs an over , but the crowd royally entertained .

Lead 377 and with yet more rain forecast for Sunday and Monday  England could declare overnight after making all the running again , and give themselves a chance against the weather .  Wicket still good to bat on .

Mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy
add
  • Like 1

Stuart Broad announced he will retire from all cricket at the end of this game.

I think it’s a sensible decision really. He’s had a very good series so can go out on a personal high, despite not winning the Ashes, it’s India in 6 months time which is bloody hard work and he’s not likely to have been around for the next Ashes.

It’s in stark contrast to Anderson who stubbornly refuses to retire despite being little more than a medium paced trundler now, relying on his previous performances.

• Like 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Pretty classy gesture by Aussies giving Broad a guard of honour

The way Warner and Usman were going we would have won that game on Day 4 if it hadn't of rained off and saved a worn out tired bowling attack another few hours of fruitless  graft

England very quiet when the weather benefits them I see😜

10 hours ago, Tuna Town said:

The way Warner and Usman were going we would have won that game on Day 4 if it hadn't of rained off and saved a worn out tired bowling attack another few hours of fruitless  graft

England very quiet when the weather benefits them I see😜

To be honest both seam bowling attacks have looked tired for the last couple of matches .  Playing 6 tests in the space of 7 or so weeks does nothing to protect the bowlers from being jaded .

Also the fact that both teams front line spinners ,  Lyon and Leach have not bowled the number of overs that relieve the strain on the quick bowlers .     Murphy , Ali , Root , Head will not take up the slack . 

2-1 down i would hope that England would be wanting to get out there on the park .

A real pity such an important series will be badly affected by rain .

230/3 Australia .  need 140 more  ,   rain.

Mikeyboy 

Australia 274/6  3 quick wickets and the game has changed 

110 more needed which looks a long way away .  New ball available soon .

275/7  Starc first ball with as dumb a shot as you are likely to see .  

Mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy
add

England type collapse from Australia.

England strong favourites now.

Is anyone watching this right now. Any comments from Australians?

How the world can change in 45 minutes.

Edited by chris19713

36 minutes ago, chris19713 said:

Generally it goes quiet ....

Todd Murphy can bat , Australia still in this ..  306/8     325/8

Mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy
add

37 minutes ago, chris19713 said:

19 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

Generally it goes quiet ....

Todd Murphy can bat , Australia still in this ..  306/8     325/8

Mikeyboy

3am in Brisbane. Most Queensland reprobates will be in bed.

Any result possible & its threatening rain  :)

I'd cashed in my England to win bets, & now have put it back on England to win again  :)

Edge of the seat stuff

Wow !

Stuart Broad with the last 2 Aussie wickets ,  couldn't have written it any better .

Series drawn , which is very fitting .

A truly memorable series with some standout individual performances from both sides .

Test Cricket is alive and well .

• Like 2

And we'd have got away with it if it was for that meddling weather.:Grin3:

Those two rain delays really hurt Australia and helped England no end  

Warner and Khawaja were in and set at the crease and had to go off and were dismissed cheaply after play resumed on Day 5

Same thing happened to Smith and Head after the after lunch rain delay