IGNORED

Ashes Test Cricket 2023

mikeyboy

18 hours ago, keepitfun said:

Doesn’t matter.  I half expect entry will be free tomorrow.   Game won’t last until lunch

Well Stokes and Co. took it well into the afternoon , but Australia wrapped it up quickly after Ben Stokes went for a brilliant 150 .

England lost this match with a brainless third morning batting effort that gifted Oz a decent 1st innings lead .

Third test on Thursday , some of the bowlers will need a rest .

2 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Well Stokes and Co. took it well into the afternoon , but Australia wrapped it up quickly after Ben Stokes went for a brilliant 150 .

England lost this match with a brainless third morning batting effort that gifted Oz a decent 1st innings lead .

Third test on Thursday , some of the bowlers will need a rest .

They did let the punters in for a mere £25.    Probably a bit low given the drama of the day.    

5 hours ago, davidge said:

0-2 and deservedly so, despite Stokes’ magnificent innings.

As for the ‘controversial’ incident,  I thought Bairstow was lazy and stupid.

Yes, should know better being a keeper himself!

I have no issues relating to the way Bairstow was dismissed. He was careless. Stokes on the other hand was magnificent today. 
However, Australia had the edge and deservedly won. 

• Like 3

I must admit, I had flashbacks to 2019 Headingly (??) when Stokes hit that awesome century to win the match. His innings was superb and should have been player of the match.

Some supporters whinging about Bairstow dismissal have a short memory with England doing similar dismissals in the past. When i played cricket I was always taught to check with the umpires, no one else.

England have been doing that a bit with the LBW's. Not even turning around to appeal to the umpire and I'm not sure why.

Can't wait for the 3rd test.

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

15 hours ago, vimto66 said:

Legit and Within the laws of the game, but not in the spirit of the game.

Screw the spirit of the game--what a crock. These are grown men out to win a match in the famous Ashes series.

3 hours ago, Eric Le Roi said:

Cheating Aussie *****. END OF.

But it was ok for Bairstow to do it tp Labuschagne ?

6 hours ago, Eric Le Roi said:

Cheating Aussie *****. END OF.

End of what...?? 

Take your pick....

Bazball? (tick)

McCullum?? (tick)

Bairstow?? ( nah, keep him in the team for a laugh)

Broad?? ( the moral crusader)

Anderson?? ( poor bastard is praying they find someone to replace him sooner rather then later)

The Poms chances of winning the Ashes?? ( well, according to them they're already 2 up)

English cricket??? ( dead and buried by the members in the long room)

What we do know is that it won't be the end of the Poms whinging.

I see the Oz press is just as subtle, intelligent and fair-minded as the Brit press:

IMG_5822.jpeg

• Haha 4

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Calling us crybabies ffs, just think back to the Steve Smith episode. Underarm bowling, sandpaper and now this.

Cheating bastards. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Le Roi said:

Calling us crybabies ffs, just think back to the Steve Smith episode. Underarm bowling, sandpaper and now this.

Cheating bastards. 

Okay. No need to call you a crybaby coz you're post says it anyway. 555

Edited by Macawber
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Ah dinnae ken said:

That was cheating at it's finest and most English, especially Broad, seem to completely forget about it. 

Poms are 2 zip down in a contest they thought they had a chance in.  They will keep this nonsense up as long as they can.   Much better than having a look in the mirror or god forbid have their performance bashed by the local newspapers.  

smoke screen, that’s all it is.  

Everyone is getting what they want, Australian players want to win the ashes and have almost done so, England players want to audition for the IPL.

The cash registers are ringing at the grounds and pay by view.

This death of test cricket can not be blamed in any way on the Aussies. 

Another ashes urn is called for.

9 hours ago, keepitfun said:

Poms are 2 zip down in a contest they thought they had a chance in.  They will keep this nonsense up as long as they can.   Much better than having a look in the mirror or god forbid have their performance bashed by the local newspapers.  

smoke screen, that’s all it is.  

The margins of victory for Australia were 2 wickets and 43 runs , and i guess England could/should have won either game had they played smarter .   From what i have seen there is not a whole lot between the sides , England have played some dumb cricket at times and are their own worst enemy .

Don't worry , the British press are just as cut throat and damning of failure as their Aussie counterparts . 

Mikeyboy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

The margins of victory for Australia were 2 wickets and 43 runs , and i guess England could/should have won either game had they played smarter .   From what i have seen there is not a whole lot between the sides , England have played some dumb cricket at times and are their own worst enemy .

Don't worry , the British press are just as cut throat and damning of failure as their Aussie counterparts . 

Mikeyboy

The difference ???  ...

'Had they played smarter' 555 

DUMB CRICKET.

Edited by Macawber

1 hour ago, Macawber said:

The difference ???  ...

'Had they played smarter' 555 

DUMB CRICKET.

All Countries are capable of playing dumb cricket at times including Australia .   

The key is to learn from it .  

Try and add something of value to the thread , like saying something positive .    It's not difficult you know , if you are a true Cricket fan .

How about talking about Steve Smith's 100th test match and what a great player he's been for a long time , or the team changes Australia have made .....

Mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy
add

57 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

All Countries are capable of playing dumb cricket at times including Australia .   

The key is to learn from it .  

Try and add something of value to the thread , like saying something positive .    It's not difficult you know , if you are a true Cricket fan .

How about talking about Steve Smith's 100th test match and what a great player he's been for a long time , or the team changes Australia have made .....

Mikeyboy

Something positive ??? Hmmm... Let's start with Australia up 2-0 after 2 Tests. Not too difficult to understand if you're a true cricket fan despite what Baz et el might have you believe. That's the spirit(of cricket) old chap 😂

Edited by Macawber

Absolutely no idea why they insist on Bairstow keeping. He is dreadful

He should be in team but surely they should be playing Foakes?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Macawber said:

Something positive ??? Hmmm... Let's start with Australia up 2-0 after 2 Tests. Not too difficult to understand if you're a true cricket fan despite what Baz et el might have you believe. That's the spirit(of cricket) old chap 😂

Keep going , you'll get there in the end .

Aus 205 /4 after being stuck in .  England with four wickets before lunch , since then Travis Head and Mitch Marsh with a quickfire 100  partnership turning it around .   

4 minutes ago, bobbyg said:

Absolutely no idea why they insist on Bairstow keeping. He is dreadful

He should be in team but surely they should be playing Foakes?

An obvious mistake that they could have remedied this test with Pope out .    

Give the gloves to Foakes ffs .  

249/8 Aus  , Brilliant 118 at a run a ball from Mitch Marsh .

Mark Wood bowling at serious pace now 94 mph , for too quick for Starc and Cummins .

Mikeyboy

Been here just over a week and having a quiet one with a lt.

Watched most of the aussie innings in a bar and got back to the room for the last wicket. TG has no idea what's going on and the best I could explain is "now England's time to hit the ball"

She's given up and is watching elephant videos on her phone lol.