IGNORED

Ashes Test Cricket 2023

mikeyboy

Yes i read that yesterday .

Sounds like Jonny is agreeing that he is far from 100 % fit and under prepared .   Even if he was fit his keeping is average at best . 

England would not play a batsman or bowler who was not fit , so why play a keeper who is ailing .  Maybe because he is Ben Stokes' mate and Ben Foakes  is not ??  

Just my opinion .

Mikeyboy

I have a £120 'investment' on Australia .. despite being English .. to win the series.

Placed in UK .. not an illegal bet in LOS 🤗.

So at 2-0 up I was really enjoying the series ... and counting my winnings.

But them pesky whingeing poms have come back great. They are gonna win or draw the series. 😒🤣.

I am probably the only English person on the planet hoping its rains for next 2 days.

I also need a weather effected draw in last test.  The Ozzies have lost the plot and cant win now England are playing well.

Edited by Wingeing Pom

Pissing down in Manchester, looks like they might not even get back on this weekend.

England need probably 2 sessions max?

1 hour ago, mikeyboy said:

Yes i read that yesterday .

Sounds like Jonny is agreeing that he is far from 100 % fit and under prepared .   Even if he was fit his keeping is average at best . 

England would not play a batsman or bowler who was not fit , so why play a keeper who is ailing .  Maybe because he is Ben Stokes' mate and Ben Foakes  is not ??  

Just my opinion .

Mikeyboy

Totally agree. Done think anyone would argue that he is a top class batsmen as proven yesterday. However, his keeping is quite poor. 

He should be in the team for his batting but certainly not for his keeping. Foakes is far better and i think if he had of kept this series then the outcome may well have been different

Latest pictures from Old Trafford:

IMG_5895.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

If England could win this they would be firm favourites for the series, they've had the bit between their teeth ever since the Bairstowe incident, in hindsight well done Carey.:wink:

• Haha 1

Play started at 2/45 local time , a big surprise but the rain has stopped   152/4 after an hours play .   Marnus and Mitch Marsh digging in , and look comfortable  .    120 odd behind still .

• Like 1

Oz 214/5 still 62 behind .

Forecast more rain today , if they get out there , Australia need to bat out rest of the test because England will relish chasing anything .

Marnus played well yesterday for his ton , amazingly only his second 100 outside Australia  .

Mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy
add
  • Like 2

IMG_3343.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

What a miserable anti climax ,  forecast for the Oval is not great either ☹️😧

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, mikeyboy said:

What a miserable anti climax ,  forecast for the Oval is not great either ☹️😧

It was tough to swallow for England , over the rain .  England was far better but no good now . 

• Like 2

Two days of rain in the most crucial of tests right when we were in a great position, won this and we'd have won the third and deciding test i reckon. England can still draw the series but its a bit of a damp squib now both literally and metaphorically, all a bit meh! 

Edited by vimto66

1 hour ago, vimto66 said:

Two days of rain in the most crucial of tests right when we were in a great position, won this and we'd have won the third and deciding test i reckon. England can still draw the series but its a bit of a damp squib now both literally and metaphorically, all a bit meh! 

And its been sunshining all day in Manchester today! Typical!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vimto66 said:

Too late to edit but i meant fifth and deciding test.

Carlton United Brewery (CUB) have actually released this beer for sale in Australia due to popular demand, it was ment as poke at the reaction to the Bairstow wicket after the second test and they supposedly sent a case to Ben Stokes and the members at Marleybone CC.

Plus the jingle that accompanied the beer.  555

You can get it getting stumped.
You can get it complaining to the umps.

You can get it throwing away your wicket
You can get it invoking the spirit of cricket

You get it if your Ben Stokes
You can get it if you’re the coach.

Yes our beer may be bitter.
But our cricket team isn’t

So England, we’ve got a beer with your name on it.
For when you change your mind.

And that beer is England. England Bitter.

CUB unveils new English Bitter jingle | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

ENGLAND-BITTER-PIC.jpeg?resize=395%2C570&ssl=1

Edited by barmatt

On 25/07/2023 at 01:39, vimto66 said:

Do you mean just like you 'won' the first 2 tests ?? 5555

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

34 minutes ago, Macawber said:

Do you mean just like you 'won' the first 2 tests ?? 5555

To be fair, i think either team could have won the first 3 tests.4th test we (England) would have won had it not been for the weather

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobbyg said:

To be fair, i think either team could have won the first 3 tests.4th test we (England) would have won had it not been for the weather

First time in test history that rain finished things up early.  The only results are the ones that are recorded.  Imaging if England had looked at the weather forecast and declared at 350 rather than wasting all that good batting time

so many variables.   The Aussie tail was all set to wag for the whole last day.  So sad they got rained out and missed the chance

Edited by keepitfun
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

well all I know is Joe Root decided a tweak to the rules was in order mid test when he said they should play until 10pm or until the poms won

• Haha 2

www.sugarcanemafia.com

4 hours ago, bobbyg said:

To be fair?? The FACT is that Australia won the first 2 tests AND they’ve retained The Ashes. The sooner you poms grow up and accept THE FACTS instead of living in fantasy land the better off you’ll be. Maybe then your team MIGHT have a chance of winning the final test in reality and not by maybes and ifs. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 hours ago, Macawber said:

To be fair?? The FACT is that Australia won the first 2 tests AND they’ve retained The Ashes. The sooner you poms grow up and accept THE FACTS instead of living in fantasy land the better off you’ll be. Maybe then your team MIGHT have a chance of winning the final test in reality and not by maybes and ifs. 

Whats not "fair" about my statement?? Yes the Aussies won the first 2 tests and retained the Ashes. Of that theres of course no doubt. However, what im trying to say is that the first 3 matches were very close. However, we outplayed you in the 4th test

• Like 2