Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Ashes Test Cricket 2023

mikeyboy

6 hours ago, daytripperz said:

Been here just over a week and having a quiet one with a lt.

Watched most of the aussie innings in a bar and got back to the room for the last wicket. TG has no idea what's going on and the best I could explain is "now England's time to hit the ball"

She's given up and is watching elephant videos on her phone lol.

She watches the elephants while you watch the cheetahs.

4 hours ago, Eric Le Roi said:

C'mon Eric.. it's time to move on mate. You're constant sooking is doing you no favours buddy. Either contribute to the thread or keep your childish comments to yourself. You're just embarrassing yourself. :Laugh1:

• Haha 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

8 hours ago, Eric Le Roi said:

Just spilt my Coffee , 😆     

I agree its time to move on , the matches have been great between 2 evenly matched sides .  This Headingley pitch is an absolute belter .  

England 63/3 need to graft awhile today before getting any lofty ideas about going after the Aussie bowlers , i wonder if they can do that .  Interested to see how Todd Murphy goes in his first match on English soil and whether he is targeted . 

Mark Wood bowling 95 mph took 5/34  ,  Alex Carey didn't want to know .   Pity Wood is so injury prone , real pace and he was swinging it too , is a serious weapon . 

Mikeyboy

• Like 1

Let's give the Aussies another warm Headingley welcome today and hope the 2 Yorkies can put on a show. Wood was magnificent yesterday, pace is everything at this standard. 

Come on England 🇬🇧 

On 06/07/2023 at 06:34, mikeyboy said:

The margins of victory for Australia were 2 wickets and 43 runs , and i guess England could/should have won either game had they played smarter .   From what i have seen there is not a whole lot between the sides , England have played some dumb cricket at times and are their own worst enemy .

Don't worry , the British press are just as cut throat and damning of failure as their Aussie counterparts . 

Mikeyboy

And I'd add, catches win matches (plus some missed stumpings). It's cost England quite a bit.

So you're right, there isn't that much between us, but Aussies 2-0 away from home is a great outcome.

Not to mention an Englishman and an Aussie have worn the yellow jersey in the tour de France this year :)

• Like 2

Lunch on day 2.. Poms are 7\142 still trailing by 121 runs and clearly in disarray. They're only hope is Stokes who appears to be suffering some sort of injury. Looks like half the crowd have gone home. 

8 hours ago, Macawber said:

Lunch on day 2.. Poms are 7\142 still trailing by 121 runs and clearly in disarray. They're only hope is Stokes who appears to be suffering some sort of injury. Looks like half the crowd have gone home. 

Yorkshire crowd love their cricket but would not have enjoyed Root and Bairstow going early  .  Stokes got to 80 before being last out caught on the rope . Bairstow and Ali terrible shots .  I'm not sure it was smart plan by Cummins bowling Todd Murphy when Stokes was going for it . England got to 235 so 27 behind on first Innings . 

Australia 4 down at close , lead about 140 . Smith and Labuschagne dismissals very soft .   Rain about tomorrow after another great day of action .  

Mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy
add

7 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Yorkshire crowd love their cricket but would not have enjoyed Root and Bairstow going early  .  Stokes got to 80 before being last out caught on the rope . Bairstow and Ali terrible shots .  I'm not sure it was smart plan by Cummins bowling Todd Murphy when Stokes was going for it . England got to 235 so 27 behind on first Innings . 

Australia 4 down at close , lead about 140 . Smith and Labuschagne dismissals very soft .   Rain about tomorrow after another great day of action .  

Mikeyboy

It's going to be a very interesting finale if the weather holds out. 

Finally got started on Saturday after long rain delay , Australia posted 224 with Travis Head's 77 a stand out effort .  Under lights it looked difficult to bat with the ball hooping around .

England chasing 251 to win , happy to only have to bat 5 overs at the end ,   27/0 

3 minutes ago, keepitfun said:

How good is the contest.  Eng 3-93 chasing 251

It is brilliant. 

Series has been unbelievably good so far. 

Has been tough getting up for work in the first 2 tests

Edited by iLoveit

1 hour ago, keepitfun said:

How good is the contest.  Eng 3-93 chasing 251

154/4 at Lunch  , still game on  .  Roots wicket was a big moment .

Proper test Cricket 

160/5  Root and Stokes both strangled down the leg side !

Australia favourites now ..

7 minutes ago, bobbyg said:

Phew! What a game!

Yes , a fantastic game and series so far .   Have a break of 9 days before episode 4 at Old Trafford . 

Test Cricket at its best .

Mikeyboy

• Like 2

England name their 11 for Old Trafford , Jimmy Anderson in for Olly Robinson the only change .  

Moeen Ali to bat at 3 , (oh shit)  

Australia have to decide on Cameron Green or Mitch Marsh or play both and drop 1 of Warner /Boland / Murphy , but that would be unlikely.   Unfair on Murphy as he was hardly bowled when it mattered at Headingley . 

Josh Hazlewood fit again ?   

Mikeyboy

• Like 1

Australia inserted at Old Trafford .   120/3 just after lunch ,  have included Marsh and Green plus Hazlewood .   Boland and Murphy to sit out  .   Relying on Head and Smith if spin needed . 

Weather could play a big part , Rain in Manchester later in the match .  Aussies won't mind !

" Ironfist " Bairstow behind the stumps really worries me ,  plainly zero confidence and not fit , it will only be a matter of time before he grasses another one ..

Edited by mikeyboy
add

On 06/07/2023 at 23:16, daytripperz said:

Been here just over a week and having a quiet one with a lt.

Watched most of the aussie innings in a bar and got back to the room for the last wicket. TG has no idea what's going on and the best I could explain is "now England's time to hit the ball"

She's given up and is watching elephant videos on her phone lol.

You really know how to give a girl a good time 😁😀

Australian batsmen let England off the hook today. Good pitch but some loose shots have given England the edge on the day so far.

Unless the weather forecast is wrong it’s unlikely there’ll be a result though. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

299/8 at close ,   

Many Australian batsmen got a decent start , but 51 by Mitch Marsh and Marnus Labuchagne were the top scorers , Chris Woakes pick of the bowlers with 4 wickets .   Weather forecast poor .      Manchester in high summer , it's bound to rain  ... 

600 test wickets for Stuart Broad , and Jonny Bairstow took a blinder !

Mikeyboy

I think England might just have edged Day 2.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

4 hours ago, davidge said:

I think England might just have edged Day 2.

384 /4  in reply to 317 , wow !    Australia were run ragged especially during the afternoon session . 

Crawley rode his luck , but 180 at more than a run a ball was a stunning innings .    Pat Cummins did not know where to turn , and must have regretted not playing a front line spinner .  Travis Head bowled 6 overs for 48 .

Pitch very dry and starting to play a few tricks towards the end of the day ,  the ball that bowled Joe Root not bouncing at all .  

Rain may be a big factor in the rest of the game ..  

Mikeyboy

• Like 2

Wow! Hats off to Bairstow. I was one of his criticisers but fair play

4 hours ago, bobbyg said:

Wow! Hats off to Bairstow. I was one of his criticisers but fair play

Yes , his batting is just what England want/need , but his wicket keeping is still very poor for international standards .

Englands 592 gave them a 275 run advantage over Aus .  Australia limped to 113/4 at close of play , still 162 behind .  

Mark Wood 3 wickets , Travis Head showed everyone how not to play short pitched bowling .  

Lots of rain Forecast for tomorrow ,

Mikeyboy

9 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Yes , his batting is just what England want/need , but his wicket keeping is still very poor for international standards .

Read this

image.thumb.png.c596c837a01851691d5926a9d6488de3.png

• Like 1