IGNORED

Why are indians disliked in pattaya?

Mat Cauthon

1 hour ago, Bonkabit said:

HINT I was give years ago when I started regular travelling.

There are two queues at the airport, one of five Indians, the other of twenty whites (European, American, Australian etc). Which queue do you join?

Answer -  the longer 'White' queue will move very much quicker. Because the Indians will not have their papers organised, will take ages to do everything, will dispute, talk endlessly etc. 

My experience over at least twenty years: hint was correct.

And the five will expand to twenty-five when it comes their turn at the IO desk.  

• Haha 2

I thought of a second thing to post.  I’ve seen the stewards on Thai Air wait until certain people are asleep and then they liberally spray deodorisers onto them. 

17 hours ago, briguy said:

I certainly try not to be a prejudiced guy, but twice in one trip, I was in line to buy something from the cashier at Family Marts in Pattaya and Phuket and an Indian guy went straight up to the cashier trying to skip the line as if we weren't there. So yeah, I get where the dislike is coming from...

It's done worldwide by entitled people (line bumping) and it is frustrating

• Like 1

Just one more Anecdote that may be of use to the OP.  On one of my visits to LOS Pre-Covid, I ended up with a LLT from an agogo.  We discussed many things over several days, and yes she did not go with Indians.  Several of the reasons have already been mentioned, but one I have yet to see mentioned was very important to her.

NONE of the Indians she went with, before she just started refusing them all, wanted to take a shower before the bedroom fun started.  The few she was able to convince to shower, only did a cursory spritz before getting back in bed.

So to the OP, you will be expected to shower upon returning to the room with your "date", before any fun starts.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DDDDC said:

So to the OP, you will be expected to shower upon returning to the room with your "date", before any fun starts.

Not an issue. Ready to take as many showers as she wants as long as she is in there with me. I can do the scrubbing while she can help with some rubbing? 🤣

The incall services offered in malaysia also we will be popping into the shower first, then boom boom. 

3 hours ago, Greg_B said:

Encountered this situation multiple times in India. Never happened to me in Malaysia though in the 4 years I have been here. 

16 hours ago, jetdoc said:

Personally had two experiences with Indians. One was I couldn't get a first class seat on a flight from HNL to NRT because an Indian family of five bought the entire first class cabin. The other was, couldn't get a seat on the bus from hotel to NRT because Air India flight crew did not want any else on the bus. hotel paid for my taxi to the airport, so no harm no foul. Don't know if Indians are a bit racist, but have suspicions.

They do not want to be with us either. I cannot blame them.

Jack

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lam Chabang said:

To Pete Hoax point:  I have see 100's of Walking St videos where you see Indians locked arm and arm.  Are they gay?  Don't know, but it seems to me "super strange".  I guarantee when I walk down WS it would only be arm and arm with a hot Thai chick. 

Why do Indian guys hang on each other?....Maybe it is a cultural thing.  Don't know.  But IMHO dudes should not be hugging each other like you see in these videos.

I don't think this is a racist or homophobic comment, but to each HIS own.  I like women.

You are in a time warp.

Jack

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Greg_B said:

If you alllow it, it is on you. Speak up and act!.

Jack

• Like 1

16 hours ago, petehoax said:

The one thing that doesn't make sense to me: If "all" Indians are so cheap and don't want to spend money, how does it come that there are 5+ Indian nightclubs on Walking Street opening up over the last years (and booming from what i hear) and all of them have higher drink prices than all other western/asian focused clubs on WS? Afaik all of them ask for at least 200+ thb for a single beer bottle and have bottle requirements for a table and so on. And my understanding is that many of them are packed night after night, at least they used to pre-covid. 

Agreed. There is no way Indians are not spending money. Indian here and I'd never been to Indian clubs before. While at Windmill, had a friend who insisted on checking them out. I was definitely shocked. 

The clubs were extremely packed at just 10pm and the bouncer had trouble finding place to just stand. Then the drinks were so fucking expensive. I ended up spending more on drinks for myself compared to the money I'd spend for myself and the girls in a place like Windmill

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, axunjaxn said:

If you alllow it, it is on you. Speak up and act!.

Jack

Before going "macho", access the situation and debate if your approach is warranted...:Fuck_Knows:

9 minutes ago, masterslayer169 said:

Agreed. There is no way Indians are not spending money. Indian here and I'd never been to Indian clubs before. While at Windmill, had a friend who insisted on checking them out. I was definitely shocked. 

I saw some recent posts in the other forums that some indians were barred from entering the Windmill agogo - did you go recently & faced any issues? It was one of the first places in my list to go, as it is right down the lane from my hotel but after seeing those comments i crossed it off. 

9 minutes ago, masterslayer169 said:

The clubs were extremely packed at just 10pm and the bouncer had trouble finding place to just stand. Then the drinks were so fucking expensive. I ended up spending more on drinks for myself compared to the money I'd spend for myself and the girls in a place like Windmill

Any idea why they are so crowded other than the indian music? As per another BM a lot of thai girls can be found there, but other than that what kind of a pub is it? 

8 minutes ago, Greg_B said:

Before going "macho", access the situation and debate if your approach is warranted...:Fuck_Knows:

Yeah, especially when it happens when you are in a foreign country!

(Some of the biggest spenders in Pattaya happen to be Indian.  Do you think these guys are being turned away from clubs?)…

how do you know that? Have you been talking to every bar and clubs in pattaya?

🤔😳😳😳

6 hours ago, Lam Chabang said:

To Pete Hoax point:  I have see 100's of Walking St videos where you see Indians locked arm and arm.  Are they gay?  Don't know, but it seems to me "super strange".  I guarantee when I walk down WS it would only be arm and arm with a hot Thai chick. 

Why do Indian guys hang on each other?....Maybe it is a cultural thing.  Don't know.  But IMHO dudes should not be hugging each other like you see in these videos.

I don't think this is a racist or homophobic comment, but to each HIS own.  I like women.

989 Hugging Football Fans Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock37 Football Fans Hugging Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty ImagesFootball: Experts explore the science behind fan behaviours ahead of the  Euro 2020 final | Daily Mail OnlineSurviving a football frenzy | IllinoisThe hug between Cristiano Ronaldo and Benzema that inspires hope amongst  Real Madrid fans | Marca

Yep, all those gay football fans... ! (i hope the pics load ok. they're all hotlinked)

Of course it's a cultural thing. Yes, it IS different than what is common in (most) western cultures. And it's ok to find it strange. But it should also be clear to you that is has nothing to do with being gay.

In western culture it's completely normal for men to hug each other to celebrate. Or if you're very sad. Or if you're very drunk (sometimes).
You don't even think twice about it if you see the pics of football stars in celebration. 
While in other cultures it would seem very strange to act like this.

In many cultures it's normal to kiss each other on the cheeck for a greeting, no matter if you're both women or both men or mixed. It has nothing to do with being gay. It's all about showing appreciation & friendship etc.

Just because something is normal in your culture and not normal in another culture doesn't mean much. Bowing before someone (aka waii-ing) is also super strange. But we're all used to it cause we're exposed to it in Thailand over and over and over. 

Maybe you get my point, maybe you don't. As i said: I understand that people find it strange if Indians are holding hands walking down the street.

Edited by petehoax

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Why are you asking this question..... you very well know the answer 

This stereotype and hate isn't just in Thailand, is the rest of the world as well

I think some culture's doesn't mix well with others countries cultures 

When you vist another country and you don't at least try to assimilate your gonna cause problems 

Example: bartering,(trying to get a deal, cheapest you can) just cause your used to bartering for everything in your country, (clothes, food, rides, sex) doesn't mean its ok to do it in a country your visiting

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, axunjaxn said:

They do not want to be with us either. I cannot blame them.

Maybe just me

2 hours ago, Mat Cauthon said:

I saw some recent posts in the other forums that some indians were barred from entering the Windmill agogo - did you go recently & faced any issues? It was one of the first places in my list to go, as it is right down the lane from my hotel but after seeing those comments i crossed it off. 

Any idea why they are so crowded other than the indian music? As per another BM a lot of thai girls can be found there, but other than that what kind of a pub is it? 

Windmill. Im not a regular customer enough for the doorman to remember me. They dont stop Indians. From time to time they stop me and make me buy a drink before I even enter. 

As to why the Indian clubs are over crowded. To me, the Gogos are way better than the Indian clubs. But many Indians are not even allowed to just walk in these clubs as people of other races. So why would Indians with money even want to put up with that shit when they know there's a whole bunch of Indian clubs that are begging to have them. 

If you walk down the Walking Street, you can see pretty much all clubs ignore Indians. That's fine by me as I dont want to be bothered and I know where I want to go. But as soon as you go near an Indian club, they have people almost begging you to come in. So which club would an average Indian tourist go to?

In the one time that I've been to these Indian clubs, I saw really hot girls: both Thai and Eurasian. Spoke to a few. Most said they exclusively only go with Indian guys because they pay more. 

The girls and business that know to deal with Indians make good money. Ones that have problem with Indians are still stuck in the past and dont care about losing out on all the money. 

I've lived here for most of the months in the last 3 years. I've seen cheap people, weirdos, and all sorts of messy people from all countries. The stereotypes are not exclusively Indian. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been sat in a bar (quiet on an afternoon) when 3 Indian dudes walked in.

”How much for a beer?”

“80thb”

“If we buy 3, will will give 60thb each”

”it’s 80thb a drink. Go elsewhere if you don’t like”

”70thb each”

”FUCK OFF…….get out”

That is real exchange that I heard not too long ago. I chuckled to myself as the group proceeded to walk down the Soi, disappearing in every bar only to reappear after 40 seconds and moving to the next bar 😅

Edited by Herbby

I envy the fact that they seem to be able to go through life with no shame. It must be liberating beyond belief

To my Indian brothers, God may not have blessed with many world class fast bowlers but he certainly blessed with you a lot of persistence 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's not a matter of race but numbers. Why so many large groups of males, all looking so sullen; in the LOS ffs!

• Haha 1

People say to me "Pattaya is like Sodom and Gomera"

I say "it's not at all like that"

"Sodom and Gomera were mere prototypes, whereas Pattaya......"

45 minutes ago, masterslayer169 said:

If you walk down the Walking Street, you can see pretty much all clubs ignore Indians. That's fine by me as I dont want to be bothered and I know where I want to go. But as soon as you go near an Indian club, they have people almost begging you to come in. So which club would an average Indian tourist go to?

That makes sense. But my main aim is to go to the GC's, Soi 6, and gogos so don't think i will be going to the indian pubs. Maybe visit one for nostalgia's sake - 11 months since i last went to india 😄. Have a beer, check out the ambience and back to my list!! 

49 minutes ago, masterslayer169 said:

Windmill. Im not a regular customer enough for the doorman to remember me. They dont stop Indians. From time to time they stop me and make me buy a drink before I even enter. 

Glad to hear this - Windmill back on my list now. I saw a lot of BMs recommending Windmill in other forums so really wanted to go there. Drink at door not an issue, stereotyping not an issue, not going to turn back if there is a chance to go in without creating any problems. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, deescreet36 said:

It's not a matter of race but numbers. Why so many large groups of males, all looking so sullen; in the LOS ffs!

Some companies provide package trips for their employees since its a short flight - they can range from small to big groups. These people might be the ones you are referring to. A lot of these employees won't be making much money so might not be able to afford the girls - maybe the reason for the sullen faces? 🤨

This might be their first international trip too - to come to the LOS and not able to reap the benefits... ahhh I will be bawling my eyes out. 😁

• Like 3

2 hours ago, geoslayer1 said:

Why are you asking this question..... you very well know the answer 

If I already knew the answer to this question, I wouldn't waste my time nor the BM's to post this question in the forum. As I mentioned in the first post, I have been to Phuket twice, not faced any kind of issue. This will be my first time to pattaya, and based on the info provided by my friend who was in pattaya this week as well as some comments I saw in some of the forum's posts, I became concerned and asked this. 

I think some culture's doesn't mix well with others countries cultures 

I don't think it's the culture, but rather it's the individual. 

When you vist another country and you don't at least try to assimilate your gonna cause problems 

True. And as I mentioned in the post above, since this might be most of their first trip to thailand, they will most surely have trouble assimilating to that country's culture and traditions over such a short span of time. 

Example: bartering,(trying to get a deal, cheapest you can) just cause your used to bartering for everything in your country, (clothes, food, rides, sex) doesn't mean its ok to do it in a country your visiting

Yes, this is not ok to do in a country they are visiting - especially the posts I saw about them trying to barter in 7 elevens and such is very much troubling. But I would like to bring a point to your attention that even in india they do not barter everywhere and for everything. There are specific markets and such as well as street vendors where people barter - but I imagine that is not solely limited to India. In the malls and other shops, people shop as is expected of them and pay the bill. No idea why this sort of behavior is being shown in thailand, but nothing I can do about it except try to be a good example when I am there. 😄

I am a regular customer of Windmill and I often meet Indians there. Never seen a problem with other customers or the girls.

As expected, many here tell an unfortunate anecdote that would justify prejudice. This is to forget that this country has more than 1.4 billion people, 20 times Thailand or the UK for example. Normal that there are more anecdotes concerning them.

At last, the happiness of the traveler is nourished by diversity. I wish these people stick to their habits even though they may seem disturbing somes. Forming groups in the street or trying to negotiate a price does not so dramatic to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1