IGNORED

Why are indians disliked in pattaya?

Mat Cauthon

Hi everyone,

I discovered this website recently and having a really good time reading through all the forums and TR's, much needed information before my first upcoming trip to pattaya next month. I am from India but working in malaysia since 2019 and I have been to Phuket twice before (2019 and 2022) - basically sightseeing trips because my friends were very conservative and just wanted to explore. We did not face any discrimination and the thai people were very friendly to us. 

But this week my roommate in malaysia - fellow indian, went to pattaya and his friends came over from India. He mentioned when they went to Soi 6 as I had mentioned to him, after seeing that a lot of posts here, that the girls lining the streets did not even glance at them, while they were very attentive towards other groups. I was looking forward to my first pattaya trip as this time I will be going only with a like minded friend, but now kind of worried the trip will fall way shorter than my expectations. 

So trying to understand exactly what kind of stuff Indians did that made them hated this much. Please don't hold back, I would like to get the undiluted info with any firsthand incidents which took place if possible. Are indians disliked only in pattaya or is it in bangkok also? I know they are ok with indians because we had a good time in Phuket - even when I went to a gogo bar with my friend, 2 girls immediately came to us.

Hoping to get some response and I will make sure to impart the information to whoever I know who plans to visit thailand or any foreign countries so they will be well behaved atleast. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Try not to be stereotypical..... the search engine will help you.

Only 2 of you is a plus, but, if asked, it might be better to say that you are from Malaysia not India.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Edge said:

Try not to be stereotypical..... the search engine will help you.

Only 2 of you is a plus, but, if asked, it might be better to say that you are from Malaysia not India.

Not being stereotypical, but heard this from another guy before but I didn't pay him much heed - that a a lot of places don't even rent their motorbikes or cars to indians. 

Also, i saw on another forum a post made by a guy who was asked by the security if he was Indian while trying to enter a gogo bar/GC - don't  remember which one. He said he was from singapore at which point they asked him for ID proof. 

I don't want to hide where I am from, I will if i have to but feel bad about it. 

• Like 2

I am not Indian, but I have a dark complexion that makes some silly/ignorant Thais think I am Indian.  I have been turned away from many gogos and even girls lining up beach road have turned their faces away as I've approached them.  I love it when the door people at the clubs tell me that I can't enter because the club is "Private."  Then, as soon as I pull out my US passport I become welcome.

Some Thais are hella racist.  Some western club owners (like Tahitian Queen) are hella racist too.  Some western hotel owners are also hella racist, and they teach their staff bad manners.  You just have to deal with it and not let it get to you.  Go and enjoy where you are welcome.  Don't let these assholes spoil your fun.  Are you there to fix the world or are you there to fuck pretty girls?

I've seen drop dead gorgeous girls who are going gaga over the young Indians.  And I've seen girls who would not give Indian guys the light of day, especially those Indians guys who walk in packs of fives and try to negotiate 5-1 with the girls.  Honestly, those guys can be annoying as hell.  Or they get in the gogo and they don't drink and they sit there nursing a bottle of water for two hours.  It's not personal, the clubs are there to make money, they are not charities, they'll be out of business if their clientele is this way.

Some of the biggest spenders in Pattaya happen to be Indian.  Do you think these guys are being turned away from clubs?  These guys are treated like royalty, once they are known to be top spenders.  but they are few and far apart.  The majority of Indians are not that well off.

Go and have fun.  Indians are big now in Pattaya.  They have their own discos, restaurants, and girls who like them.  You are there to partake of and to enjoy the fruits, not to discipline the vineyard rangers. 

Per OP...  'went to pattaya and his friends came over from India. He mentioned when they went to Soi 6' ..' the girls lining the streets did not even glance at them, while they were very attentive towards other groups.'

Per GoodMan555 ...'I've seen girls who would not give Indian guys the light of day, especially those Indians guys who walk in packs of fives and try to negotiate 5-1 with the girls.'

I think GoodMan555 has answered the question, it is a reputation deserved or otherwise.

You asked so………
Many consider the Indians to be cheap package tourists and stingy. The old one drink and 5 straws thinking coming to the fore. 
Indian society generally treats men as being above women. The girls see/feel this and understandably don’t like it. 
There actually several places on Walking Street that are know as Indian clubs. Go there and the clientele is 90% ethnic south Asian. Being a white guy I have felt out of place in these clubs, so it goes both ways. 

I don’t have a problem with Indians - well apart from their habit of walking in large groups down the middle of some roads and totally ignoring the traffic issues they cause. 

6 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Watch this thread descend into stereotypes and outright racism in 3,2,1. GO!

Even if the reason is simple racism, the guy asked the question. No point in sugar coating the responses. 

Do not know why Thai ladies would not like Indians, though they do seem to try and get cheaper prices at massage places have been told, and have seen them in 7-11's asking prices when the price is clearly stated for something

When out and about, if I encounter groups of Indians, 2-6, they always seem to shout at each other, shout into their phones, smell like a cologne factory, and many times will not move apart to let you walk by them on a sidewalk, (lack if simple courtesy) .  

Personally, have talked with Indians and they are always polite and inquisitive even when half my age and not out in groups. 

• Like 2

May your heart always be joyful. May your song always be sung....and may you stay - Forever Young

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours Bobby Dylan

12 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

LOL, and your point is???

Obviously the issue (rejecting a customer, turning him down at the door, ignoring him) is a racism and a stereotyping issue.  If not, it would be an issue of his "qualifications."  And it cannot be so, because 1) they don't know what his qualifications are and 2) if they did, Indians are highly qualified because in general they have big mother fucking dicks!!!  OOps, I am stereotyping again, someone shoot me...

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, GoodMan555 said:

2) if they did, Indians are highly qualified because in general they have big mother fucking dicks!!!  

For most working girls, that would be more of a disqualification - too much wear and tear on their money maker. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, GoodMan555 said:

Some Thais are hella racist.  Some western club owners (like Tahitian Queen) are hella racist too.  Some western hotel owners are also hella racist, and they teach their staff bad manners.  You just have to deal with it and not let it get to you.  Go and enjoy where you are welcome.  Don't let these assholes spoil your fun.  Are you there to fix the world or are you there to fuck pretty girls?

Going not to fix the world, but to have some girls rock my world lol. Thanks for sharing the experience, sorry you had to face this also. I am mentally preparing myself but was kind of worried about my friend will take it when this kind of situation occurs. Morover, I was just curious to figure out exactly why this was happening so started this thread. Thanks for the advice @GoodMan555

1 hour ago, Gonetothedogs said:

That was not my intention lol. I was actually hoping that in addition to helping me understand the situation and what caused it, it will help generally everyone on how to be a good boy while *ahem* being a bad boy 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RomaBob said:

Per GoodMan555 ...'I've seen girls who would not give Indian guys the light of day, especially those Indians guys who walk in packs of fives and try to negotiate 5-1 with the girls.'

I think GoodMan555 has answered the question, it is a reputation deserved or otherwise.

@RomaBob I am curious on one aspect - Do the girls have a problem that they are in a group or that they are quoting low prices? If I was in pattaya I would have greatly appreciated someone with me who can help negotiate, for the first time only to show me the ropes, but yes 5-1 is overkill. Reading about negotiations is one thing but doing it when talking to a pretty girl is altogether a different matter xd. 

1 hour ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Only as quick as you on a nick dean/soi 7 thread 😉

1 hour ago, Geordie59 said:

Indian society generally treats men as being above women. The girls see/feel this and understandably don’t like it. 

Sadly this is true, but it is gradually changing.

There actually several places on Walking Street that are know as Indian clubs. Go there and the clientele is 90% ethnic south Asian. Being a white guy I have felt out of place in these clubs, so it goes both ways. 

I might go inside one just to know what is happening there, but thats it. I want to know more about the thai culture. I don't understand why some tourists go to another country and insist on eating from the restaurants serving food from their native country instead of trying out the local dishes and such. I knew a guy working here in malaysia - he never used to eat any malaysian/chinese/thai food here, only homecooked indian dishes. 

Being a white guy I have felt out of place in these clubs, so it goes both ways. 

Sorry mate but that’s the same, feeling out of place in a venue that’s dominated with people with a different skin colour is not the same as being denied entry to a venue because of the colour of your skin. In your case you were still able to enter, for some Indian guys, they are flat out refused entry, two very different things. 

For the OP, as mentioned by other above, it’s a legacy issue, one that is going to be hard to shake. There are a number of TR’s here written by Indian BM’s, I suggest you seek them out and read them, they have insights as to how your fellow countrymen dealt with the issues and strategies you can employ to counter them. In the end, the past sins of your fellow countrymen will be at the forefront of the current TG mentality. Rest assured though it’s not just an Indian thing, a great freelancer I met last year wanted to know which country I was from, she wasn’t prepared to meet me if I was English as she had a bad past experience with a guy from there. 

Sometimes it feels like I'm in a foreign land        duck.gif.2f5e4799cb4b316935357feb07ddf27e.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dr No said:

There are a number of TR’s here written by Indian BM’s, I suggest you seek them out and read them, they have insights as to how your fellow countrymen dealt with the issues and strategies you can employ to counter them.

Thanks @Dr No - Already read couple of them, hunting for the rest now 😁. Lots of data to sift through, but having so much fun reading through them lol. Totally disappointed I didn't find this site before going to Phuket lol, but glad I found it now! 

Was in Candyshop 2 nights ago with my girlfriend on WS. Indian beside me says hi and cheers us so I thought I would be nice and polite and we smiled and cheersed him back. Then he wants to take picture with us. Ok again and have photo. 
10 minutes later he's on my girlfriends side trying to touch her hand and then asks for if she wants a drink. She tells me this so I tell him to Fuck Off or I'll drop him. He gets confused so another Fuck Off and he gets the hint and scurries away.

So I'm done being nice to Indians here. Screw them. They're just too weird and don't have a clue about social etiquette.

3 hours ago, GoodMan555 said:

LOL, and your point is???

Obviously the issue (rejecting a customer, turning him down at the door, ignoring him) is a racism and a stereotyping issue.  If not, it would be an issue of his "qualifications."  And it cannot be so, because 1) they don't know what his qualifications are and 2) if they did, Indians are highly qualified because in general they have big mother fucking dicks!!!  OOps, I am stereotyping again, someone shoot me...

Chill out mate 

56 minutes ago, petehoax said:

............ Are they true / do i believe that: Nope.

Are you saying that you don't beleve they are true and that you've never witnessed any/all of the traits you've described?  🤔

Or do you simply mean (as I hope we all know) that you don't believe that all Indians are stereotypical?

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1