Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Italian restaurant?

I’ve not tried them all this trip so some opinions are second hand..

Frankie’s on Jomtien Second Rd seems to be the go to at the moment. It’s good but overpriced imho - though that can be said about most of the Italian restaurants in Jomtien.

Marco’s on Thappraya is decent, La Bocca still as it was so decent as well.

Not heard much about Gians nor Aquapazza recently but think they’re much the same as before.

There’s a new one near the old Pig called Fellinis which is completely empty whenever I pass so probably best avoided.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I am still a semi-regular at Gian's. In the discussion for the best Italian restaurant in the Pattaya area IMO. A little pricey, but worth it.

We also stop in at Aquapazza from time to time. The @davidge "much as before" statement is accurate and also a good thing IMO.

I seldom get over to the Nakula area, but there is a well regarded one (Grottinos) over there as well. They had a small spinoff across the street form the Royal Garden called "Little Italy", but Covid took them out.

I have been reading good things abut the place "Bacco Beach" across the street from "The Glass House" in Na Jomtien. We are moving to Huya Yai, so we will likely give that place a go before much longer.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In North Pattaya, Grottino Pizzeria and Osteria is good and well known.

In the same area, there is Fusillo Restaurant, which is also nice and often full in the evening so booking is recommended.

Prego, which is located where Mantra restaurant used to be, is a bit expensive compared to the other ones.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

My 2 cents:

1. Trattoria Toscana on Beach Road, it is really suggested for the pasta (it is really home made).
  2. Bella Italia on the 2nd Road

Ciao

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, reisender123 said:

+1

Grottino

never heard of it. location past north pattaya rd. never heard it mentioned in my 35 years of visiting. a failure to communicate (cool hand luke ) probably the cause of that failure

Soon you may be too late. They are currently located in Soi 33 off Naklua Road. This area is being demolished and therefore they are looking for a new location.

4 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Grottino is not bad, but it is over the top now. As soon as the two Italian guys left things went south.

I'm not sure which italian guys you refer to.  Several characters were there.

I remember Antonio, I think.  Big belly, friendly, honest looking, maybe part owner.  Dissappeared during Covid era.

And Francisco, well spoken, tall guy.  He was there a month ago 

Food and menu is almost identical to 3 years ago.  Same prices.  Why do you say OTT ?

Edited by rog555

4 hours ago, striderman said:

never heard of it. location past north pattaya rd. never heard it mentioned in my 35 years of visiting. a failure to communicate (cool hand luke ) probably the cause of that failure

Google it.  Worth a visit in my mind.

Whatever happened to Korandos? The bloggers used to big it up, but I went in today expecting pizzas/food, was given no menu, and the girls kept to themselves.

Looks like they don’t do food now.

I left without finishing my beer. Disappointing. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, RickyH said:

Whatever happened to Korandos? The bloggers used to big it up, but I went in today expecting pizzas/food, was given no menu, and the girls kept to themselves.

Looks like they don’t do food now.

I left without finishing my beer. Disappointing. 

They do do food. But forget how late. Maybe the kitchen was closed? Pizza is great, btw. 

As for ladies not showing interest, I haven't had any such experience. Maybe they were drunk+/tired after a day of Songkran madness? Or maybe they read your body language as leave me alone? 

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

in no particular order

Bella Italia on Second Road  just away from Soi 6. Nice selection. Food was well prepared-priced under the tourist pricey sort of mantle. Not at all pricey if you're here on a holiday but if you're here every single day it's a little more expensive than some other options.

Pizza Italy on Soi Boomerang has a nice variety not at all expensive I've only been there one time but will be going back 

Alby & Micky - Ristorante Italiano on Soi Buakow .. Went once on a pizza hunt and was surprised to find a quaint little bistro like Italian restaurant with a lot of italian options. Probably a nice dinner date place for the right LT.

There are likely restaurants in town that would be more described as nice these I would describe as casual.

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't tried any of the places mentioned in this thread but I think IO Osteria, at Terminal 21, deserves a shoutout. I went on a date there pre-covid and now go back there every time I'm in Thailand. Been to the one in BKK (Central World) and it helped me get laid that night too 😂. Quality is super consistent. I swear by their lamb ragu. It is made Piedmontese style, with a little bit of lentils. Everything I've had there has been excellent. 

• Like 2

On 17/01/2023 at 07:10, ChiFlyer said:

Naklua area...there is a well regarded one (Grottino) over there

Naklua Road, Soi 33 (Dolphin roundabout end of Naklua Road)

Reservations 038 421 682

• 3 weeks later...

Alby and Micky is quite good.

4 years ago I wnt to Peccatore but I think it closed definetely. I'm sorry for this because the restasurant was very good

Last here I went to Pizza Italy. The boss is from region and he is very kind 

I stay in Jomtien and have tried most of the options in this area.
Gian's is good but i prefer Bacco beach, great cocktails too.

5774d159d6ab4022afa174c83176492d.jpg

On 16/01/2023 at 23:21, Thomaz73 said:

Pizza Italy in Boomerang. 

Always had honest and tasteful pizza there.

pasta Carbonara too.

They serve also a delicious home made tiramisu.

they store a wide variety of imported Italian salami in a specially devoted fridge. Some are used for the pizza.

not a glamorous or fancy place, does its job as a true trattoria would do.

Edited by A6-GIV

7 minutes ago, A6-GIV said:

they store a wide variety of imported Italian salami in a specially devoted fridge

He actually makes some of the delicacies himself. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, Thomaz73 said:

He actually makes some of the delicacies himself. 

Aware of where he is coming from (Tuscany if I am not mistaken) wild boar salami might be his specialty - I saw  quite some interesting ones hanged or laying in the special fridge he has for those.

need to investigate more next trip.

• 1 month later...

Rinapp Ristorante Pattaya

Small italian restaurant Located in Soi 13

Large portions and the italian food tasted authentic. Pizzas were also decent