Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Restaurants - Special Events & Offers

8 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

1690959578541.jpg

Looks like an Alter Ego menu for anyone that's curious. 

IMG_5940.jpeg

Pratumnak Rd at the top of Soi 5.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, davidge said:

IMG_5940.jpeg

Pratumnak Rd at the top of Soi 5.

Tara Court hotel. I've stayed there many times (it's my default choice for bringing TG's to for a night, "NO PUTAS IN LA CASA!"), great hotel, and O'Gara's is a good place to eat. Never had a bad meal there.

Edited by Phoenix Dave
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Phoenix Dave said:

Tara Court hotel. I've stayed there many times (it's my default choice for bringing TG's to for a night, "NO PUTAS IN LA CASA!"), great hotel, and O'Gara's is a good place to eat. Never had a bad meal there.

The food looks good but just by looking at this photo it seems the portions are too small for an adult male so if I want to satisfy my hunger then I have to order 2 melas and that would quickly kick the price up from a friendly 200 to a hefty 400. If it was a bigger portion for 300-is then It would totally worth it IMO.

4 hours ago, Phoenix Dave said:

I have a mixed opinion of O’Garas. A couple of friends live on Pratumnak and go there regularly. One goes there pretty much every day, often twice. I ended up having to go there a lot in November/December/January as I wanted to catch up with them after the Covid interruption. I think it’s fair to say that they had a lot of staffing issues at that time. The service was often dreadful and I had a lot of really shite food there. By the end of my trip I hated the place. The Christmas dinner was fucking awful - though at least I didn’t have to pay for it thanks to one of my friends.

I’ve not gone as often this trip but things have improved. The evening staff is pretty good and the kitchen has settled down. There’s the added bonus that they’ve kept the Songkran special offer for beer going so a pint of Heineken costs 90 baht - or 55 baht for a bottle.

It is now Chinese owned and run though they have recently employed a Brit (from Stoke) to help manage the place.

3 hours ago, Huuker said:

The food looks good but just by looking at this photo it seems the portions are too small for an adult male so if I want to satisfy my hunger then I have to order 2 melas and that would quickly kick the price up from a friendly 200 to a hefty 400. If it was a bigger portion for 300-is then It would totally worth it IMO.

These are specials for August. The normal meals are bigger, though more expensive. I would say the main menu is more comfort food than haute cuisine.

I had the sea bass special tonight and it was very good. It was also plenty of food for me.

IMG_3399.jpeg

On 02/08/2023 at 14:27, Halfaboy said:

1690959578541.jpg

All apologies if I am being dense, but what restaurant has this menu?

8 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

It’s Alter Ego in Papagayo. Just off Soi Diana near Patrick’s. They have one set menu which changes each week. (Pretty sure I’m right)

10 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

On 02/08/2023 at 08:34, LuvThaiPussy said:

Looks like an Alter Ego menu for anyone that's curious. 

• 2 weeks later...

Next Wine Club dinner:

WOW have we got a very special wine dinner announced for Sunday September 3rd 2023.   

Bodega Volcanes de Chile representatives are flying to Thailand to present at this event and we have some VERY EXPENSIVE wines to enjoy.   Some of the best Chilean wines in the world.

The cost is 2,650 per person including all food and wine - as always we free-flow the wine!   Patrick's is the TOP Steakhouse in Pattaya for over 30 years.

IMG_5968.jpegIMG_5969.jpegIMG_5970.jpegIMG_5971.jpegIMG_5972.jpegIMG_5973.jpegIMG_5974.jpeg

On 14/08/2023 at 14:55, davidge said:

Next Wine Club dinner:

WOW have we got a very special wine dinner announced for Sunday September 3rd 2023.   

Bodega Volcanes de Chile representatives are flying to Thailand to present at this event and we have some VERY EXPENSIVE wines to enjoy.   Some of the best Chilean wines in the world.

The cost is 2,650 per person including all food and wine - as always we free-flow the wine!   Patrick's is the TOP Steakhouse in Pattaya for over 30 years.

IMG_5968.jpegIMG_5969.jpegIMG_5970.jpegIMG_5971.jpegIMG_5972.jpegIMG_5973.jpegIMG_5974.jpeg

Sold out.

• Like 3

IMG_5988.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Halfaboy said:

From which location can this been taken away ?

Oops, sorry. I was going to post it in the Patrick’s thread but put it here and forgot to add it was from Patrick’s 

:WhoSaw1:

• 2 weeks later...

Next Wine Club dinner:

IMG_5997.jpeg

• Like 2

On 06/09/2023 at 15:40, davidge said:

Next Wine Club dinner:

IMG_5997.jpeg

SOLD OUT!

On 27/08/2023 at 12:44, davidge said:

IMG_5988.jpeg

On 27/08/2023 at 13:03, davidge said:

Oops, sorry. I was going to post it in the Patrick’s thread but put it here and forgot to add it was from Patrick’s 

:WhoSaw1:

On 28/08/2023 at 16:55, jimboh said:

Sold out now.

Available again. Phone to reserve.

IMG_6015.jpeg

IMG_6016.jpeg

• Like 2

Next Wine Club event:

IMG_6025.jpeg

No menu published yet.

I’m not sure what it’s likely to be as O’Garas is definitely more pub grub than haute cuisine.

Not an offer but an opening.

The El Gaucho chain of steakhouses is opening soon at the old Bruno’s restaurant on Thappraya Road.

(the new ‘Bruno’s’ didn’t last long!)

IMG_6050.jpeg

1 hour ago, Halfaboy said:

If they have the same level of prices as in my home country the place won't last long

You mean El Gaucho? The Bangkok one has been there forever. I think there's a market for it here as well. Depends on the feel of the location, perhaps. Did Bruno's have outside seating or is the place buried inside the mall? 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png