IGNORED

90 day immigration reporting

Soda11111

11 minutes ago, rog555 said:

So you cannot do 90 day at end of march, or 10 days before.  

Why can't you do it? You are still in thailand.

1 hour ago, rog555 said:

Related to this topic.

Anyone know the rules about this:

Do 90 on 1st jan.  Next one due about end of march.

On march 1st, you go out of country for 2 months.

So you cannot do 90 day at end of march, or 10 days before.  Nor 7 days after.

You return to thailand end of april.  Next 90 day starts.  But do they complain you didnt do previous 90-day report ?

Whats the rules about this ?

They complain about nothing. If you dont have a multi entry visa you lose your days as soon as you leave the country.

If you leave the country the next day you arrived you lost all of your days you had.

You can start again the visa process.

39 minutes ago, PattayaSuperman said:

They complain about nothing. If you dont have a multi entry visa you lose your days as soon as you leave the country.

If you leave the country the next day you arrived you lost all of your days you had.

You can start again the visa process.

A one time re-entry permit to non-O extension visa is 1.900 thb, count down to next report starts on re-entry (OFC within visa validity) 

19 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

A one time re-entry permit to non-O extension visa is 1.900 thb, count down to next report starts on re-entry (OFC within visa validity) 

Err 1k surely ?

Not sure when countdown starts cos reminder came while I was in UK and I did it.  :Oops3:

17 minutes ago, Edge said:

Err 1k surely ?

Not sure when countdown starts cos reminder came while I was in UK and I did it.  :Oops3:

Stand corrected, 1K it is. Was give info regarding count down by my visa agent who used to work at immigration in Jomtien and trust correct. 

Edited by Kandinski

6 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

Agreed. I used to use it as an excuse to have an afternoon out in Jomtien.

But now the online reporting works I use that instead. Takes about 5 minutes from by desk at home. Usually confirmed as done within 24 hours, even at weekends. 

I also think the 45 days visa waver will be extended until at least the end of the year. It seems quite logical when many people need to travel a long way to holiday here that they might want to stay more than a month. And they don’t suddenly become a liability on day 31. 

Agreed.

I currently live in Jomtien. Moving to Huay Yai this month. I use the online 90 day app. Works like a charm.

Is Thailand paper happy? Does the Pope shit in the woods? TIT

• Like 2

4 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Why can't you do it? You are still in thailand.

The scenario is "On march 1st, you go out of country for 2 months.".

Not in the country during the period you should be doing the 90 day report.

Maybe the need to 90 day report stops on exit.   I don't know.

i'll go and ask just before I exit thailand, maybe they'll let me do 90 day report early, simply say no problem.

Edited by rog555

3 hours ago, rog555 said:

The scenario is "On march 1st, you go out of country for 2 months.".

Not in the country during the period you should be doing the 90 day report.

Maybe the need to 90 day report stops on exit.   I don't know.

i'll go and ask just before I exit thailand, maybe they'll let me do 90 day report early, simply say no problem.

If you leave before the 90 day report is due that is OK.
When you come back into Thailand you start counting again from zero, so do your next 90 day report 3 months after arrival. 
Many frequent travelers never actually do a 90 day report because of this. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not entirely clear how the 90 day reporting works in conjunction with online reporting.

Agreed that re-entry restarts the clock but......
My due date was Jan 15 and I re-entered on Dec31.
The online has been working perfectly for me and I didn't want to spoil that, so as I received the TM47 reminder while I was still away, I responded to it stating entry date Dec 31 and it was accepted, so I got a new next date of Apr 1.... in other words they re-set my clock.

I was a little nervous as to whether this was OK and, not doing TM30 I never went to Immigration.
Having just done the subsequent report successfully, I think all is good.

The Q is, how would it work if the dates were not as convenient as mine?
I presume that one would have to do it at Jomtien and hope that the online system worked again next time?

• 1 month later...

I would have thought your date would be reset to 31 Dec when you came through immigration anyway.
But as that is the same date you used online I guess we will never know which input was used to calculate the next reporting date. 

On 08/03/2023 at 06:24, Geordie59 said:

If you leave before the 90 day report is due that is OK.
When you come back into Thailand you start counting again from zero, so do your next 90 day report 3 months after arrival. 
Many frequent travelers never actually do a 90 day report because of this. 

Finally a man that understands the system-well done-TFFT.

• Like 1

On 05/04/2023 at 11:20, Edge said:

I'm not entirely clear how the 90 day reporting works in conjunction with online reporting.

Agreed that re-entry restarts the clock but......
My due date was Jan 15 and I re-entered on Dec31.
The online has been working perfectly for me and I didn't want to spoil that, so as I received the TM47 reminder while I was still away, I responded to it stating entry date Dec 31 and it was accepted, so I got a new next date of Apr 1.... in other words they re-set my clock.

I was a little nervous as to whether this was OK and, not doing TM30 I never went to Immigration.
Having just done the subsequent report successfully, I think all is good.

I presume that one would have to do it at Jomtien and hope that the online system worked again next time?

Doesn't matter if the dates are close or not. If you are out of the country when you receive the reminder from IMM, just ignore it (because you are not in Thailand). When you return, your re-entry date determines your next reporting date (90 days after) and you use this reentry date on your online report.

This is the way it's done.

(PS..remember the "reminder email from IMM, is only that..a reminder!).

((Coincidentally I was at Jomtien I/O today and actually verified what I wrote above, with the 90 days lady--so there you have it)).

Edited by thainet

• 3 weeks later...

Since I know you can report 15 days prior to the due date , but does the next 90 days go from the date you actually reported or the due date you needed to report by?

Thank you.

3 hours ago, az89 said:

Since I know you can report 15 days prior to the due date , but does the next 90 days go from the date you actually reported or the due date you needed to report by?

Thank you.

The 90 days are from the date you submit the report, not the due date.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

If you change apartments 1/2 way through your 90 days reporting and get a new TM30 does your 90 days start again or do you just submit the new details when the original 90 day report is due?

Thank you.

20 minutes ago, az89 said:

If you change apartments 1/2 way through your 90 days reporting and get a new TM30 does your 90 days start again or do you just submit the new details when the original 90 day report is due?

Thank you.

Been told when I did my new TM 30 it is the second solution.

I went in person for my 90 update a few days ago, had some other business in JT anyway. Surprised to see the new building, air, much nicer than before. Handed over my passport, given little numbered token, told "come back 40  mins. went to get a pedicure , back after 40 minutes. Ready. Easy as.....
Things have improved!

5 hours ago, Encora said:

I went in person for my 90 update a few days ago, had some other business in JT anyway. Surprised to see the new building, air, much nicer than before. Handed over my passport, given little numbered token, told "come back 40  mins. went to get a pedicure , back after 40 minutes. Ready. Easy as.....
Things have improved!

I hope it's the same during high season.

Got online reminder about a week ago....due June 30.

Reported online y'day.

Got new slp online this am.

Online is so easy.  :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

So I have the “ report by” slip stapled  in my passport and my current TM30 also stapled in the passport, When I go and report in person at immigration in Jomtien will I also need to fill out a TM47 to hand in with my passport?

Thank You.

1 minute ago, az89 said:

So I have the “ report by” slip stapled  in my passport and my current TM30 also stapled in the passport, When I go and report in person at immigration in Jomtien will I also need to fill out a TM47 to hand in with my passport?

Thank You.

If you've already reported in person previously, why not just do it online? Takes a minute. Otherwise, yes, you'll need to do a new TM47 before the due date.

8 minutes ago, az89 said:

Thank You.

The 'report by' slip should have a QR code on it. No need to fill in a new TM47, Immigraton will just scan the QR code and issue a new 'report by' slip. (Unless things have changed recently).

It will be the first time.

There is no QR code on my due by slip which was the inital one put in by my agent, obviously the slips in the future would be issued by immigration so no doubt future slips will have a QR code.

After I came back from Holland, the 90 day online reporting was rejected. I went to immigration in Jomtien, where they told me that when you leave the Thailand the first time you have to do the 90 day reporting at the Immigration. That has not happened before, so it is a new policy. I expect that the next time the online reporting will work.

I was out of country so assumed clock resets...buut how?

The reminder came and I didn't want to break continuity so I completed it with re-entry date.

Rejected but I was given the new date (same as on TM6) so I'm still in the system.