IGNORED

90 day immigration reporting

Soda11111

I have a stupid question. We report to immigration every 90 days. What is the reason why? This is baffling to me. I asked my friend and he said because this is Thailand. What don’t I understand?

14 minutes ago, Soda11111 said:

Ok, the only answer is money. Dummy me

the 90 day report is free unless you use an agent

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Soda11111 said:

No the 90 day reporting is free

They want to know where we are

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I understand it’s free, but if you are reporting late you get fined. Immigration needs to know where we are? Why? Thank you for replying.

Edited by Soda11111

2 hours ago, Soda11111 said:

I have a stupid question. We report to immigration every 90 days. What is the reason why? This is baffling to me. I asked my friend and he said because this is Thailand. What don’t I understand?

TIT

Hopefully with the new Long Term Visa (10 Years, with only annual reporting), they will rethink the other VIsas.

I wish it was one year reporting, unless of course you moved or changed locations prior to the year.  

TIme should reset upon that reporting period.

However, TIT and who knows when or if it will ever change.

Edited by LASportsNut
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

To kiss the ring of your Probation Officer of course :p :P

• Haha 1

I heard it was a very old regulation that began way back when there were very few foreigners staying in Thailand, the idea of registering them and updating their locations was more for their benefit & safety than any other reason. Pretty much similar to foreigners who register their addresses and contact details with their embassies in case of emergencies. When I first arrived in Thailand 40 odd years ago there was no 90-day reporting, apparently it was still a regulation but had long ceased to be implemented. Then about 20-something years ago some smart aleck decided to reintroduce the regulation and strictly enforce it. Don't ask me why, I have no idea, maybe just to annoy the hell out of us and not let us get too comfortable.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

• 5 months later...
On 07/09/2022 at 16:25, Soda11111 said:

Maybe not true for the retirement visa but certainly true for the tourist visa.

Every country offers at least 90 days of free stay but Thailand only offers you 30 days.

But maybe its just a "revenge" move because Thai citizens cant even come to western countries without a visa.

So lets be fair and look at both sides of the story.

23 minutes ago, PattayaSuperman said:

Every country offers at least 90 days of free stay but Thailand only offers you 30 

Actually Thailand is still offering a free visa waver of 45 days for most travellers. 

Edited by Geordie59
Corrected number of days

9 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

Actually Thailand is still offering a free visa waver of 60 days for most travellers. 

How is it free? E-visa is not free and the 30 day extension at immigration not free either.

7 minutes ago, PattayaSuperman said:

How is it free? E-visa is not free and the 30 day extension at immigration not free either.

Visa Waver, as in you get 45 days on arrival without any visa. Applicable to tourists from the majority of countries that visit Thailand. 
https://oslo.thaiembassy.org/en/page/visa-exemption?menu=60b4c9a7180a9f3d4f28a932

Edited by Geordie59

Just a reminder that once you've done a manual report the online option is easy peasy....even a reminder email and TM47 auto fills.....then you just need to get the slip printed if you don't have your own printer.

Obviously if you change addresses you should inform them, but that's what it's about anyway.

24 minutes ago, Edge said:

Just a reminder that once you've done a manual report the online option is easy peasy....even a reminder email and TM47 auto fills.....then you just need to get the slip printed if you don't have your own printer.

Obviously if you change addresses you should inform them, but that's what it's about anyway.

This was my experience - first 90 day report in person (online attempt was returned as fail). Second 90 days online attempt - successful. 

Mr edge, what is the purpose for printing the slip? I'm guessing its for the next face-to-face immigration interaction - but surely its all logged on their computers. For my yearly extension, do i need to provide all 4 slips, rather than just the latest? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Geordie59 said:

Visa Waver, as in you get 45 days on arrival without any visa. Applicable to tourists from the majority of countries that visit Thailand. 

The 45 days is just a one time thing because of covid, it will be over the 31th march and then its back to 30 days.

1 hour ago, taylor1975 said:

................Mr edge, what is the purpose for printing the slip? I'm guessing its for the next face-to-face immigration interaction - but surely its all logged on their computers. For my yearly extension, do i need to provide all 4 slips, rather than just the latest? 

If you were asking me why I do it that's simple, because it tells me on the slip "Keep in Passport"
It also says "Notify Address again on..." which is a date reminder but perhaps also tells us that 90 reporting is about where you are.
Presumably those who move around can change their address on the TM47...or maybe it has to be in person showing proof of your new abode.  :Dunno1:

If you're asking me why they want it in your Passport, I guess it's so that eg. if you're arrested and they don't have access to the database they can see when you last reported....suggests that those who carry copies on their phone need this one as well. Those who have copies of their Photo page and Visa encapsulated maybe need another to be correct  :Dunno1:

I do as they do when you report in person i.e. throw the old one away and replace it, so just the latest, which will be pinned in your Passport.  :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, PattayaSuperman said:

The 45 days is just a one time thing because of covid, it will be over the 31th march and then its back to 30 days.

they are more than likely to extend this probably till the end of the year. but in thai fashion they will delay the announcement to almost the end of the month

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, striderman said:

they are more than likely to extend this probably till the end of the year. but in thai fashion they will delay the announcement to almost the end of the month

I dont think that they will extend it because of the e-visa.

E-visa = money, 45 days = free

Thailand want money as long as tourists are coming. And right now everything is full.

1 minute ago, PattayaSuperman said:

I dont think that they will extend it because of the e-visa.

E-visa = money, 45 days = free

Thailand want money as long as tourists are coming. And right now everything is full.

i live here and pattaya at least is not full. we shall see who is correct in a max of 24 more days

as far as the 90 day report goes, it doesn't bother me. 4 times a year when my  every day is free. plus on the way back i have an excuse to go to the pantry expat shop by the hanuman statue and drool over food products

i just don't know why some get so worked up about this fairly minimal requirement.

Edited by striderman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, striderman said:

as far as the 90 day report goes, it doesn't bother me. 4 times a year when my  every day is free.

Agreed. I used to use it as an excuse to have an afternoon out in Jomtien.

But now the online reporting works I use that instead. Takes about 5 minutes from by desk at home. Usually confirmed as done within 24 hours, even at weekends. 

I also think the 45 days visa waver will be extended until at least the end of the year. It seems quite logical when many people need to travel a long way to holiday here that they might want to stay more than a month. And they don’t suddenly become a liability on day 31. 

On 07/09/2022 at 14:51, Soda11111 said:

What is the reason why?

It is a requirement for me.  Non-Imm O visa requires you to report every 90 days.  Seems pretty straight forward.  Go to Royal Thai Immigration website for more on this!  5555.  https://www.immigration.go.th/en/

May your heart always be joyful. May your song always be sung....and may you stay - Forever Young

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours Bobby Dylan

1 hour ago, Geordie59 said:

I also think the 45 days visa waver will be extended until at least the end of the year.

I think you could be right. My observation is that there are more "extended two week millionaires" around for this time of year than, based on 12 years experience,  I would normally expect. Could it be that the high season has lasted a little longer due to the option of a extra 15 days now available under the current visa exemption scheme?      

17 minutes ago, Jarrod2518 said:

I think you could be right. My observation is that there are more "extended two week millionaires" around for this time of year than, based on 12 years experience,  I would normally expect. Could it be that the high season has lasted a little longer due to the option of a extra 15 days now available under the current visa exemption scheme?      

It won't have done any harm, but IMO the fact that people have been absent for 2 years is more of a factor.

Related to this topic.

Anyone know the rules about this:

Do 90 on 1st jan.  Next one due about end of march.

On march 1st, you go out of country for 2 months.

So you cannot do 90 day at end of march, or 10 days before.  Nor 7 days after.

You return to thailand end of april.  Next 90 day starts.  But do they complain you didnt do previous 90-day report ?

Whats the rules about this ?

Edited by rog555