IGNORED

Going rate for non imm O and retirement visa

az89

3 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

https://tm47.immigrati

4 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login
Is that the site you are using. Getting registered can take a few goes but once registered it has worked every time for me to actually make the 90 day report.
Takes about 5 minutes so worth persevering to get registered. 

on.go.th/tm47/#/login
Is that the site you are using. Getting registered can take a few goes but once registered it has worked every time for me to actually make the 90 day report.

Thanks, ill give it a try. I was trying to register through the app.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/11/2022 at 19:51, Geordie59 said:

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

I have the Non-Immigrant O-A for the first time and have to show up at the immigration every 90 days. I've to do this in 3 weeks.

Can I do this online via the link which is posted above too?

8 hours ago, Larry777 said:

I have the Non-Immigrant O-A for the first time and have to show up at the immigration every 90 days. I've to do this in 3 weeks.

Can I do this online via the link which is posted above too?

Yes. 
Register now and then make the 90 day report within 2 weeks of it being due. You will get another 90 days from the day they process it which is in my experience never more than 2 days after you apply. Often done the same day. 
if there is any reason they don’t accept your application they will email you telling you to come to immigration in person. That did happen in one case I know for a mate doing it for the first time but never heard of it since. 

Edited by Geordie59

10 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

if there is any reason they don’t accept your application they will email you telling you to come to immigration in person. That did happen in one case I know for a mate doing it for the first time but never heard of it since. 

Thank you very much!

Yes, I've read about this on different sites now that the first report can only be done by show up in person at the immigration, by registered email or an agency.

If I'm going to do the retirement visa in Thailand do I need to bring a certificate of criminal record clearance with me, or is that something that would be requested when I apply? Trying to get my ducks in a row, March is closing in fast all of a sudden.

49 minutes ago, Srirachapocalypse said:

If I'm going to do the retirement visa in Thailand do I need to bring a certificate of criminal record clearance with me, or is that something that would be requested when I apply? Trying to get my ducks in a row, March is closing in fast all of a sudden.

No. Not needed for Non Immigrant O.

Might be needed for OA visa which you apply for in your home country.

Can you not get a non Imm O retirement in your home country?

17 minutes ago, penboy said:

No. Not needed for Non Immigrant O.

Might be needed for OA visa which you apply for in your home country.

Can you not get a non Imm O retirement in your home country?

Doesn't seem like I can, the non immigrant O is ghosted on the website of the Thai consulate here.

31 minutes ago, Srirachapocalypse said:

Doesn't seem like I can, the non immigrant O is ghosted on the website of the Thai consulate here.

It is available in the USA now but some Consulates have better websites than others. You will apply online anyway so the option should show up. The only problem might be finding the exact requirements as they vary by Embassy/Consulate. eg in the US they were insisting on the full Health Insurance requirement the same as the Non O-A but I don’t know if they still do.

(once you are in Thailand you won’t need proof of insurance for Extension based on a Non O)

Edit: it’s on the RTE Washington site

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/09/30/nonimmigrantoaox/

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/17/nonoretirement/

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I'm going to be in Pattaya mid-January anyhow I'm going to just extend that trip and get it done in country rather than wait until March as originally planned. I would presume there would not be any issues getting the Non O and then going back to the US for 6 weeks and coming back again. Just have to eat half of the non-refundable RT ticket, and get a RT from BKK-LAX-BKK once I have my visa. I would gather once I have the retirement visa in hand I am good to fly back to Thailand without a return ticket.

5 minutes ago, Srirachapocalypse said:

I'm going to be in Pattaya mid-January anyhow I'm going to just extend that trip and get it done in country rather than wait until March as originally planned. I would presume there would not be any issues getting the Non O and then going back to the US for 6 weeks and coming back again. Just have to eat half of the non-refundable RT ticket, and get a RT from BKK-LAX-BKK once I have my visa. I would gather once I have the retirement visa in hand I am good to fly back to Thailand without a return ticket.

Just make sure you get a Re-entry Permit and you’re fine. Agents will do it at the same time as your visa.

• Thanks 1

Like @Jebb I use Maneerat and recommend them HIGHLY 

I live HERE so I'm on a Non-O. First time gets you 15 months cost is 25k and they take care of everything including your 90 days reporting. I could not be happier with their service top-to-bottom.

25k is for 1st time only. One year renewals are 12.5k.

IF you need re-entry you can buy them up front for 1k per (if you don't buy re-entry up front you can still buy as needed for 1.5k)

for a Non-O you do need a bank account which you can set up yourself or they will do for you at addl cost.

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

1 hour ago, AngelCty2Nit said:

IF you need re-entry you can buy them up front for 1k per (if you don't buy re-entry up front you can still buy as needed for 1.5k)

What is the “ not buying up front method”.The 1.5 k gets paid at the airport immigration?

40 minutes ago, Gaztop08 said:

What is the “ not buying up front method”.The 1.5 k gets paid at the airport immigration?

Get one from any immigration office rather than getting one after checking in at the airport.

On 23/08/2022 at 08:02, Kale said:

I've been told the opposite by someone who has done it.  If you get it out of country it limits what an agent can do for you.  They will not be able to get around that 400k deposit requirement for example.  Also, I think you will have to leave the country after 3 months to apply for the 12 month.  You won't have to do that if you do it in country.  So all things considered it sounds to me like it's better to come in on a waiver and get it done in country.

I obtained a non imm O in the UK. Got 90 days permission to stay on entry. Saw agent on Thursday, they put 800k in my bank account (Kasikorn) for 30 minutes. I signed lots of copies of paperwork, had my photo taken at agent's office, spent 2 minutes in immigration on soi 5 (photo taken). Picked up my passport from agent this morning with the 1 year extension in it. I paid them 14k Baht.

The bold highlights in your post are totally NOT what I experienced. Maybe your ''someone'' is not talking about a non Imm O retirement visa?

On 17/11/2022 at 15:10, davidge said:

Agent took 2 photos of me inside the shop and I paid 12000 baht for a 12-month extension plus multiple re-entry permit, so I’m good until February 2024. They’ll also do the 90-day reports for me, I just go to their shop.

Said I’ll get my passport back tomorrow or Monday.

No need to go to Immigration.

I've just got my passport back with the 12 month extension. Agent told me to go and do 90 day report around 15th Jan as this is the stamp I received when I arrived on 18th Oct.

However, the helpful IO has put a note in English advising me to do my 90 day report by 8th March i.e. 90 days since I was actually in the immigration office.

Is your 90 report dated from the date the extension was done?

1 hour ago, penboy said:

I've just got my passport back with the 12 month extension. Agent told me to go and do 90 day report around 15th Jan as this is the stamp I received when I arrived on 18th Oct.

However, the helpful IO has put a note in English advising me to do my 90 day report by 8th March i.e. 90 days since I was actually in the immigration office.

Is your 90 report dated from the date the extension was done?

I haven’t actually looked as I won’t be here when it’s due anyway. I’ll check when I get the chance.

Edit: there’s a slip of paper with the receipts giving the 90-day report date. It’s the date 90 days after I entered Thailand.

1 hour ago, davidge said:

I haven’t actually looked as I won’t be here when it’s due anyway. I’ll check when I get the chance.

Edit: there’s a slip of paper with the receipts giving the 90-day report date. It’s the date 90 days after I entered Thailand.

Wow, thanks. That is different to me. Did you yourself have to visit soi 5 immigration when the agent did the 1 year extension?

1 minute ago, penboy said:

Wow, thanks. That is different to me. Did you yourself have to visit soi 5 immigration when the agent did the 1 year extension?

No. 

5 minutes ago, davidge said:

No. 

Excellent, now it makes sense. You were only seen ''in the flesh'' by immigration when you arrived so they want a 90 day report from that date.

I was seen ''in the flesh'' when I got my extension so they want a 90 day report from that date.

However, I may go down there a couple of days before 15th Jan just in case I'm wrong. I'll use the opportunity to get a re-entry permit.

2 minutes ago, penboy said:

Excellent, now it makes sense. You were only seen ''in the flesh'' by immigration when you arrived so they want a 90 day report from that date.

I was seen ''in the flesh'' when I got my extension so they want a 90 day report from that date.

However, I may go down there a couple of days before 15th Jan just in case I'm wrong. I'll use the opportunity to get a re-entry permit.

I don’t expect to set foot in immigration at any point…ever. Of course, things can always change here.

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

I don’t expect to set foot in immigration at any point…ever. Of course, things can always change here.

Maybe your agent is better connected than mine. If I can get a BKK account open at a sensible cost, I might switch next year.

13 minutes ago, penboy said:

Maybe your agent is better connected than mine. If I can get a BKK account open at a sensible cost, I might switch next year.

3700 if I use same agent. Another agent quoted 3500 but a branch in a less convenient location for me.

• 5 weeks later...

Great info guys

Can i get some suggestions on the best Agent to use

Will be coming in on 45 day exempt then want to get Non-O and then extend without money in bank.

Have aussie pension but doesn't cover the 800,000 required

Have Bkk Bank acc

PM me the name😀

Cheers

Edited by bazzlet
add

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/01/2023 at 01:36, bazzlet said:

Great info guys

Can i get some suggestions on the best Agent to use

Will be coming in on 45 day exempt then want to get Non-O and then extend without money in bank.

Have aussie pension but doesn't cover the 800,000 required

Have Bkk Bank acc

PM me the name😀

Cheers

I see the 25K cost thrown around a bit..I've inquired at a couple of places and costs seem to be closer to 40K, like many I don't have the required 800K, I do have a Bank account but not Bangkok bank

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

I'd rather burn out than rust away !