Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Going rate for non imm O and retirement visa

az89

What is the going rate these days for someone entering on a Visa exemption and the going to an agent for a non imm O and a 12 month visa based on retirement?

I know a  lot of places quote 2 prices , one with you having sorted the bank acc funds and another where it’s facilitated.

Thank you.

Edited by az89

• az89 changed the title to Going rate for non imm O and retirement visa
2 hours ago, az89 said:

What is the going rate these days for someone entering on a Visa exemption and the going to an agent for a non imm O and a 12 month visa based on retirement?

I know a  lot of places quote 2 prices , one with you having sorted the bank acc funds and another where it’s facilitated.

Thank you.

The Agent I have sent many to charge 27K if they put the money up for you

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

2 hours ago, az89 said:

If you are able to get the Non Imm. O visa before you leave your home country, it will simplify the process and reduce the agent's fee. Probably an obvious point, but thought I'd mention it all the same.

I’ve read some posts that imply the agent gets you a Thai bank account also when you go down the retirement visa route with them.

Is this common or would it mostly be done as an extra?

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, az89 said:

I’ve read some posts that imply the agent gets you a Thai bank account also when you go down the retirement visa route with them.

Is this common or would it mostly be done as an extra?

Thank you.

It seems that Bangkok Bank is the required one from what I have experienced with talking to an agent. IIRC it's a couple of thousand baht to get it set up by the agent.

Generally around 25k baht for the first Non O visa then half that for the annual extensions if you don’t have the money in the bank. 

I presume you know that you can do it yourself.  1,800 baht.

Maybe you have a reason to want to use an 'agent'.

Edited by rog555
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I have the money in bank in thailand. But i have to make a visa online in my country.  doesnt accept money in bank only around 70.000 baht a month after tax...i dont have that..

14 hours ago, Bazle said:

If you are able to get the Non Imm. O visa before you leave your home country, it will simplify the process and reduce the agent's fee. Probably an obvious point, but thought I'd mention it all the same.

I've been told the opposite by someone who has done it.  If you get it out of country it limits what an agent can do for you.  They will not be able to get around that 400k deposit requirement for example.  Also, I think you will have to leave the country after 3 months to apply for the 12 month.  You won't have to do that if you do it in country.  So all things considered it sounds to me like it's better to come in on a waiver and get it done in country.

Edited by Kale

15 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

Generally around 25k baht for the first Non O visa then half that for the annual extensions if you don’t have the money in the bank. 

I assume you mean 25k for the non O and the 1st 12 months after that , then 12.5k each year after for the 12 month extension on the previous 12 months.

It’s strange that certain YouTubers who have set up/setting up visa services are throwing around the figure nearer the mark of 40k, when the well established Thai agencies quote around 27k.

Edited by az89
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Kale said:

I've been told the opposite by someone who has done it.  If you get it out of country it limits what an agent can do for you.  They will not be able to get around that 400k deposit requirement for example.  Also, I think you will have to leave the country after 3 months to apply for the 12 month.  You won't have to do that if you do it in country.  So all things considered it sounds to me like it's better to come in on a waiver and get it done in country.

The agent I spoke with in April told me I would save money if I got the Non Immigrant O in my own country. I intend doing this before my next trip in October. He could still open the bank account and get my extension. 

12 hours ago, Kale said:

More like "limits what an agent can charge you for"!

6 hours ago, penboy said:

The agent I spoke with in April told me I would save money if I got the Non Immigrant O in my own country. I intend doing this before my next trip in October. He could still open the bank account and get my extension. 

I will have to look into it.  I think you might need health insurance for Thailand if you get it out of country but (so far) you don't need that if getting it in country.

Edited by Kale

Just now, Kale said:

I will have to look into it.  I think you might need health insurance for Thailand if you get it out of country but (so far) you don't need that if getting it in country.

Yes, travel insurance is required when getting Non Imm O in your own country. I always get travel insurance anyway, so not an issue for me.

3 minutes ago, penboy said:

Yes, travel insurance is required when getting Non Imm O in your own country. I always get travel insurance anyway, so not an issue for me.

I am new to this but need to get up to speed on it for next year but I think the Medical insurance required for "immigration" would not be covered by travel insurance which normally only covers up to 30 day trip unless you pay extra for longer but doubt it would still be acceptable by authorities.

By the way can anyone clarify an earlier comment about only Bangkok bank being acceptable as I have a Kasikorn account?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

I am new to this but need to get up to speed on it for next year but I think the Medical insurance required for "immigration" would not be covered by travel insurance which normally only covers up to 30 day trip unless you pay extra for longer but doubt it would still be acceptable by authorities.

By the way can anyone clarify an earlier comment about only Bangkok bank being acceptable as I have a Kasikorn account?

I believe you need full health insurance (that will cover you inside Thailand) when getting the visa outside Thailand.  I don't think travel insurance will work.  Your Thai consulate/embassy should have more info on their website.

This is what my consulate website says the requirements are for Non-O visa for people over 50 when getting it through them.

3. Proof of financial (letter from the bank) showing a deposit of the amount equal to no less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (original copy) indicating a monthly income of no less than 65,000 Baht.

4. Accommodation of stay in Thailand

5. Health insurance which covers the whole period of stay in Thailand (one year).

5.1 For In-patient: health insurance policy must have coverage at least 400,000 Thai Baht per policy year.

5.2 For Out-patient: health insurance policy must have coverage at least 40,000 Thai Baht per policy year.

5.3 Letter from health insurance which covers COVID related medical treatment and coverage of no less than 100,000 USD, covering the whole intended period of stay.

Health insurance policy document issued by a Thai or foreign insurance company, stating that the applicant is medically insured for the period and with coverage as mentioned above:

A list of Thai insurance companies participating in the scheme can be found here: http://longstay.tgia.org

http://www.thaiconsulatevancouver.ca/consulate/documents/visa/non-imm-o-retirement.pdf

A list of Thai insurance companies participating in the scheme can be found here: http://longstay.tgia.org

Skimming over some of those policies, some won't cover you if you are over 60.

Edited by Kale

Before you get into a discussion on getting a NON-O in your home country I suggest you look at the requirements on the relevant Thai embassy page. In the UK you need to be married or have a dependent child under 18 to qualify for example. The Non OA is available but nor advised as it comes with an annual requirement for medical insurance that is basically a rip off. It also needs to cover both our and in patient services. Travel insurance does not cover the medical insurance if required.
Specific Covid insurance is no longer needed for anyone.

If you get the Non O before you arrive you have no need for an agent. If you don’t keep the required money in the bank during the year then you would need to use one to extend after 12 months. So obviously it saves you money in the first year. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

I've got insurance for a 5 month stay. Not sure what you mean by ''normal insurance''.

I have a Kasikorn account too but the agent I spoke to said it had to be BKK bank. Ask around a few agents and see if any accept Kasikorn. 

8 hours ago, az89 said:

I assume you mean 25k for the non O and the 1st 12 months after that , then 12.5k each year after for the 12 month extension on the previous 12 months?

Yes. In fact conversion from visa waver/tourist visa to NON O will give you 3 months which can then be extended for a further 12 months. This is usually done in one process though so you get 15 months for your 25-27k baht. 
The subsequent yearly extensions will cost around 12.5k baht. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Geordie59 said:

Before you get into a discussion on getting a NON-O in your home country I suggest you look at the requirements on the relevant Thai embassy page. In the UK you need to be married or have a dependent child under 18 to qualify for example. The Non OA is available but nor advised as it comes with an annual requirement for medical insurance that is basically a rip off. It also needs to cover both our and in patient services. Travel insurance does not cover the medical insurance if required.
Specific Covid insurance is no longer needed for anyone.

If you get the Non O before you arrive you have no need for an agent. If you don’t keep the required money in the bank during the year then you would need to use one to extend after 12 months. So obviously it saves you money in the first year. 

You can get a Non O based on retirement. No actual need for a pension as £10k in UK bank for 3 months will suffice.

6 minutes ago, penboy said:

You can get a Non O based on retirement. No actual need for a pension as £10k in UK bank for 3 months will suffice.

I asked the London embassy a few months ago if I could get a NON O as mine was probably going to expire before I got to Thailand and my Thai daughter is over the age of 18. Below is their reply dated 13 May 2022.
Take note of point 3 in the documents list. Thai or UK marriage certificate. That is a marriage certificate showing you are married to a Thai national. 

Dear Sir/ Madam,

apply for Non-O single entry then extend it in Thailand same as before. 

Please gather all the required documents before you start your application.

1)
You may apply for a Non-Immigrant O visa if you are over the 50s and have a state pension or saving up to £10,000

Non-Immigrant O (retirement) single (Maximum stay 90 days/ 3 months validity) or Multiple (Maximum stay 90 days per entry/validity for 1 year)

A list of documents

1.  Passport or travel document with validity, not less than 6 months, and at least 2 blank pages
2.  Your recent photo (selfie is acceptable)
3.  Thai or UK Marriage certificate
4.  Declaration form
5.  Financial evidence showing savings of not less than £10,000 for a multiple entry visa, or a monthly state pension of £650. Please show the most recent statement
6.  Proof of residency e.g. council tax bills, driving license
7. Travel history in the last 1 year- please upload a page of your passport with a visa stamp, or a blank page if not traveled in the past year
8. Photo of the applicant holding his/her passport 
9. Your flight and accommodation (hotel booking for the first few days will be acceptable) details
10. Copy of your insurance policy which covers no less than 100,000 USD medical coverage 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Kale said:

I believe you need full health insurance (that will cover you inside Thailand) when getting the visa outside Thailand.  I don't think travel insurance will work.  Your Thai consulate/embassy should have more info on their website.

This is what my consulate website says the requirements are for Non-O visa for people over 50 when getting it through them.

http://www.thaiconsulatevancouver.ca/consulate/documents/visa/non-imm-o-retirement.pdf

A list of Thai insurance companies participating in the scheme can be found here: http://longstay.tgia.org

Skimming over some of those policies, some won't cover you if you are over 60.

Embassies/consulates in different countries may well have different criteria.

My travel insurance does cover health and hospitalisation costs.

3 minutes ago, penboy said:

Embassies/consulates in different countries may well have different criteria.

My travel insurance does cover health and hospitalisation costs.

They do seem to differ from place to place. Always have done for some unknown reason. 
Does your travel insurance cover outpatient costs of 40k baht? That is where many will not meet the requirements. 

3 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

I asked the London embassy a few months ago if I could get a NON O as mine was probably going to expire before I got to Thailand and my Thai daughter is over the age of 18. Below is their reply dated 13 May 2022.
Take note of point 3 in the documents list. Thai or UK marriage certificate. That is a marriage certificate showing you are married to a Thai national. 

Dear Sir/ Madam,

apply for Non-O single entry then extend it in Thailand same as before. 

Please gather all the required documents before you start your application.

1)
You may apply for a Non-Immigrant O visa if you are over the 50s and have a state pension or saving up to £10,000

Non-Immigrant O (retirement) single (Maximum stay 90 days/ 3 months validity) or Multiple (Maximum stay 90 days per entry/validity for 1 year)

A list of documents

1.  Passport or travel document with validity, not less than 6 months, and at least 2 blank pages
2.  Your recent photo (selfie is acceptable)
3.  Thai or UK Marriage certificate
4.  Declaration form
5.  Financial evidence showing savings of not less than £10,000 for a multiple entry visa, or a monthly state pension of £650. Please show the most recent statement
6.  Proof of residency e.g. council tax bills, driving license
7. Travel history in the last 1 year- please upload a page of your passport with a visa stamp, or a blank page if not traveled in the past year
8. Photo of the applicant holding his/her passport 
9. Your flight and accommodation (hotel booking for the first few days will be acceptable) details
10. Copy of your insurance policy which covers no less than 100,000 USD medical coverage 

Did you ask them about  non immigrant O based on marriage or based on retirement?

10 minutes ago, penboy said:

I've got insurance for a 5 month stay. Not sure what you mean by ''normal insurance''.

I have a Kasikorn account too but the agent I spoke to said it had to be BKK bank. Ask around a few agents and see if any accept Kasikorn. 

By normal insurance I mean that "most" annual multi-trip policies ( like the ones I have had over the last 14 years) only cover 30 days each separate trip unless you pay additional fees.

Are you asking me to "ask around a few agents and see if any accept Kasikorn"? I would have thought that would be an advantage to you if you also have a Kasikorn account already?