IGNORED

Going rate for non imm O and retirement visa

az89

1 minute ago, penboy said:

Did you ask them about  non immigrant O based on marriage or based on retirement?

I was asking about Non O retirement (that I already have but might have expired before I went back to Thailand). You can get it based on having a dependent Thai child and that is what I was specifically asking about.  It as my child is now over 18 it was a non starter. 
I am not married so that also didn’t work for me. 
I ended up returning before the extension expired and got another 12 months myself as I met all the requirements. No need for an agent, although they did seem to try and make it harder for me than in previous years. I think they are trying to push people towards agents for obvious reasons. 

I've just had two quotes. 

I'm over 50, I don't have £20k cash but satisfy the monthly income. I've removed the agent's name, I've had two quotes very similar:

Set up Thai Bank account: 6,000 THB

·        Non-Immigrant O (Retirement) Visa for 15 months: 40,000 THB

·        Multiple Re-Entry Permit (optional): 4,800 THB

When you check in at your hotel in Bangkok, they mandatorily have to register you on immigration website which is called TM 30, if you can get that receipt from the hotel you are staying in that is sufficient for us to proceed with the Non Immigrant O Retirement Visa. You can check with the hotel that you are staying at in Bangkok

I applied at the weekend for a Non immigrant O based on retirement. I'm UK based, 57 and with no pension.

Insurance policy is from my bank, it states ''medical cover up to £1mil''. No mention of outpatient specifically.

I showed them a current account that has had £10k in it for over 3 months.

Apart from some other documents (mainly passport pages) that was it. Looks like they issued it on their first working day after the bank holiday.

£60 cost and will save me around 14k baht to get the yearly extension once I'm in Thailand.

• Like 3

That's interesting. Sadly I don't have £10k in the bank either.  ATa Outsourcing have two branches in Bangkok and quoted me £710 to sort a retirement visa. 30k baht. 

I’ve recently checked prices with a couple of agents. I’m (hopefully) going to get a Non O ‘for Retirement’ from RTE London before travelling but don’t really want to keep 800k sitting in a Thai account for 5/6 months, and 400k for the rest of the year. 

One agent in central Pattaya has quoted me 8000 baht for the first extension if I have 800k in any bank. I’ll probably have that when I arrive but will be spending the money during my trip. As the agent can do the extension early I might do this. Otherwise, it’s 12500 if I don’t have the 800k BUT only if I have an account with Bangkok Bank. They charge 3700 to open one. In either case it’s 1000 for a single re-entry and 4000 for multiple.

An agent in Jomtien quoted me 20000 for the first extension without the 800k and didn’t mention needing a particular bank account. 5000 for a multiple re-entry.

If I run into problems with the Non O then a friend used an agent when he entered on a Visa Exempt a few months ago and paid, I think, 25000 for conversion to a Non O and first extension. He already had an account with Bangkok Bank and paid 1000 for a single re-entry.

In terms of the Non O (FROM RTE LONDON) the current insurance requirement is the 100k including Covid. I would be getting insurance anyway so this isn’t an issue. I looked at companies I’ve used in the past and they either wouldn’t cover me or were very expensive as my trips will be 3+ months. So, I got cover through a Thai agent/broker - though it was a European company - and the agent sent me a one page confirmation with the details needed for the visa.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 31/08/2022 at 08:36, penboy said:

I applied at the weekend for a Non immigrant O based on retirement. I'm UK based, 57 and with no pension.

Insurance policy is from my bank, it states ''medical cover up to £1mil''. No mention of outpatient specifically.

I showed them a current account that has had £10k in it for over 3 months.

Apart from some other documents (mainly passport pages) that was it. Looks like they issued it on their first working day after the bank holiday.

£60 cost and will save me around 14k baht to get the yearly extension once I'm in Thailand.

This is the way i want to go, meet all that you have listed other than insurance which i need to get as my bank only covers up to max 30 days, as I'm going for 5 months will need to get covered for that period.

Previously had an O-A but the O seems a better choice as i will be splitting my time between UK and Thailand 6months each and will save a few ££ on the initial application.

Anyone think the O-A would be a better choice ?, if so will the embassy accept insurance cover for the period im in Thailand or will i need annual cover ?

Flight already booked mid November - May

On 23/08/2022 at 16:07, penboy said:

I've got insurance for a 5 month stay. Not sure what you mean by ''normal insurance''.

I have a Kasikorn account too but the agent I spoke to said it had to be BKK bank. Ask around a few agents and see if any accept Kasikorn. 

I asked two agents some time ago now, one wanted Bangkok bank the other Cambodia visa on Soi Buakhao said Kasikorn would be OK.

On 23/08/2022 at 16:07, penboy said:

I've got insurance for a 5 month stay. Not sure what you mean by ''normal insurance''.

I have a Kasikorn account too but the agent I spoke to said it had to be BKK bank. Ask around a few agents and see if any accept Kasikorn. 

I asked two agents some time ago now, one wanted Bangkok bank the other Cambodia visa on Soi Buakhao said Kasikorn would be OK at that time.

Just now, spider0064 said:

I asked two agents some time ago now, one wanted Bangkok bank the other Cambodia visa on Soi Buakhao said Kasikorn would be OK.

Interesting, the only agent I spoke to was Cambodia Travel/visa and he said it had to be Bangkok bank. This was 5 months ago.

23 minutes ago, penboy said:

Interesting, the only agent I spoke to was Cambodia Travel/visa and he said it had to be Bangkok bank. This was 5 months ago.

TIT, I would have asked pre pandemic so around Feb 2020, Manaraat said i would need to open a Bangkok bank but I'm sure Cambodia first said Bangkok but when i said i had a Kasikorn account they said OK no problem.

I'm trying to decide now to go for O or O-A visa, travel mid Nov for 5 months.

41 minutes ago, spider0064 said:

TIT, I would have asked pre pandemic so around Feb 2020, Manaraat said i would need to open a Bangkok bank but I'm sure Cambodia first said Bangkok but when i said i had a Kasikorn account they said OK no problem.

If you intend to get Extensions each year and keep the visa ‘live’ then definitely get the Non O. If it’s a one off, or if you’re happy getting a new visa for each visit then it’s a bit of a toss up.

More paperwork and cost to get the O-A from London than the O but no costs or paperwork in Thailand once you’re there (other than 90 day reports). With the Non O, you’ll need to pay for an extension.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/09/2022 at 13:29, davidge said:

If you intend to get Extensions each year and keep the visa ‘live’ then definitely get the Non O. If it’s a one off, or if you’re happy getting a new visa for each visit then it’s a bit of a toss up.

More paperwork and cost to get the O-A from London than the O but no costs or paperwork in Thailand once you’re there (other than 90 day reports). With the Non O, you’ll need to pay for an extension.

Really thinking of getting the O-A visa now which will give me 2 years use if i get my timings right, the only issue i have is do you know if they will accept medical insurance for the trip which will be 5 months or do you have to show an annual policy, if that is the case then i may look at O based on retirement.

Plan is half the year in each country, the O-A seems better value other than all the messing around every two years or possible extension in Thailand. 

On 04/09/2022 at 12:41, davidge said:

I’ve recently checked prices with a couple of agents. I’m (hopefully) going to get a Non O ‘for Retirement’ from RTE London before travelling but don’t really want to keep 800k sitting in a Thai account for 5/6 months, and 400k for the rest of the year. 

One agent in central Pattaya has quoted me 8000 baht for the first extension if I have 800k in any bank. I’ll probably have that when I arrive but will be spending the money during my trip. As the agent can do the extension early I might do this. Otherwise, it’s 12500 if I don’t have the 800k BUT only if I have an account with Bangkok Bank. They charge 3700 to open one. In either case it’s 1000 for a single re-entry and 4000 for multiple.

An agent in Jomtien quoted me 20000 for the first extension without the 800k and didn’t mention needing a particular bank account. 5000 for a multiple re-entry.

If I run into problems with the Non O then a friend used an agent when he entered on a Visa Exempt a few months ago and paid, I think, 25000 for conversion to a Non O and first extension. He already had an account with Bangkok Bank and paid 1000 for a single re-entry.

In terms of the Non O (FROM RTE LONDON) the current insurance requirement is the 100k including Covid. I would be getting insurance anyway so this isn’t an issue. I looked at companies I’ve used in the past and they either wouldn’t cover me or were very expensive as my trips will be 3+ months. So, I got cover through a Thai agent/broker - though it was a European company - and the agent sent me a one page confirmation with the details needed for the visa.

My insurance quotes for my 5 months trip are coming in at £350 - £450 a huge increase in what i was paying pre covid for my longer stays, any chance you can PM me the company you used, oh I'm now 58 now so expect premiums to increase but there huge in comparison.

9 hours ago, spider0064 said:

Really thinking of getting the O-A visa now which will give me 2 years use if i get my timings right, the only issue i have is do you know if they will accept medical insurance for the trip which will be 5 months or do you have to show an annual policy, if that is the case then i may look at O based on retirement.

Plan is half the year in each country, the O-A seems better value other than all the messing around every two years or possible extension in Thailand. 

It might be ok but might not. RTE London are pretty good so ‘might’ give you the visa with insurance for the length of your trip but strictly speaking it should be a year.

What has been happening is that people entering on Non O-A or Extensions have only been stamped in for what’s left of their insurance rather than a full year. It’s caused problems for some people as it’s not easy getting cover to line up exactly with trips.

9 hours ago, spider0064 said:

My insurance quotes for my 5 months trip are coming in at £350 - £450 a huge increase in what i was paying pre covid for my longer stays, any chance you can PM me the company you used, oh I'm now 58 now so expect premiums to increase but there huge in comparison.

I’ve sent a PM. I paid €511.20 for a year’s cover.

I’ve got my Non O and currently have 800k in the Thai bank, so I’ll go to an agent when I arrive as they can do the extension immediately, rather than my waiting until 2/3 weeks from the end of the 3 months. I’ve been quoted 12000 baht (including multiple re-entry). They’ll take care of the 90 day reports as well.
I don’t want to leave 800k in the Thai bank and will be using it to live off so next year I’ll have to pay a bit more (16500 quoted at the moment) and make sure I have an account with Bangkok Bank.

I’d rather do this than get a Non O-A from London every couple of years. If things go to plan, I won’t need to apply for another visa (nor set foot inside immigration) again.

• Like 2

On 11/09/2022 at 18:44, spider0064 said:

You need to open a Bangkok bank account 

Just now, Pheat said:

Depends on the agent but for one particular agent, yes you do.

34 minutes ago, davidge said:

Depends on the agent but for one particular agent, yes you do.

Ok I presumed all agents as I visited 5 different agents before choosing one ,all told me I needed to open a Bangkok bank account 

No bother took less than an hour 

1 minute ago, Pheat said:

Ok I presumed all agents as I visited 5 different agents before choosing one ,all told me I needed to open a Bangkok bank account 

No bother took less than an hour 

I’ve had quotes from one in Jomtien and it didn’t matter about bank - but they charged more than most.

30 minutes ago, davidge said:

I’ve had quotes from one in Jomtien and it didn’t matter about bank - but they charged more than most.

All the agents charge about the same give or take 1000 baht here and  there I found 

22 minutes ago, Pheat said:

All the agents charge about the same give or take 1000 baht here and  there I found 

One in Jomtien quoted me 20000 for the Extension without the 800k in the bank and another 5000 for a multiple re-entry. I think they can get away with charging more due to their location.

On 04/09/2022 at 12:41, davidge said:

Could you give me the agents name who does first extension for 8k and multiple for 4k. I like the sound of that. I have the O visa single entry and the money in the bank. Also thanks for all your help so far. You must let me buy you a beer in town🍻

25 minutes ago, zodiak said:

Could you give me the agents name who does first extension for 8k and multiple for 4k. I like the sound of that. I have the O visa single entry and the money in the bank. Also thanks for all your help so far. You must let me buy you a beer in town🍻

I’ll send a PM as I don’t like naming agents on the forum - though it’s common knowledge and not illegal.

10 hours ago, Pheat said:

Thanks, ill sort that then when i arrive just in case they cant use my Kasicorn account