Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Looking for condo for long term rental

davidge

On 13/11/2022 at 15:05, davidge said:

I’ll be on the ground this week so will see first hand how things are. From numerous contacts with agents and owners recently I’d say the Jomtien rental market is picking up slightly but still lots of empty units. The better looking units can be rented quite quickly without offering very low rents but others stick around.

I think I might end up having to decide between getting a decent unit in one of my favoured buildings for around 15k or something in my second choice buildings for 10-12k.

I had a look at Jomtien when I first hits Patts around 3 months ago however I've since decided to stay in central Patts for 6 months.

I had a BG accompany me on a half day scouting mission. she had lived in Jomtien before and had good English.  We just approached the juristic office or reception. The result was that we got to see more properties than I could find or tee up with agents and a lower cost. Some of these hadn't been listed as far as I could glean. 

When I'm ready for Jomtien I will do the same again.

If anyone doesn’t mind the location, then The Axis Building A has just fitted out some unsold condos with new furniture, tv, etc etc to rent them out. They might do monthly as well as annually and rent is ‘negotiable’. I think they are 1-bed units so my guess is you can negotiate around the 12k mark for a long contract.

• Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

13 hours ago, davidge said:

I signed a contract today. Happy with my choice. Nice unit in good building. New Smart Tv, new microwave and when I said I wanted a washing machine they arranged to have one fitted for when I move in. Negotiated down from the standard 15k to 13.5k and from 2 month deposit to 1 month.

Congrats! I hope to be doing the same in 4-5 months. 

12 hours ago, fmojo said:

Congrats! I hope to be doing the same in 4-5 months. 

From talking to a few agents you could well have more of a choice as it will be out of high season.

On 16/11/2022 at 05:54, davidge said:

I signed a contract today. Happy with my choice. Nice unit in good building. New Smart Tv, new microwave and when I said I wanted a washing machine they arranged to have one fitted for when I move in. Negotiated down from the standard 15k to 13.5k and from 2 month deposit to 1 month.

That's great. Sounds like there is some wiggle room right now.

19 minutes ago, SlowlyMan said:

That's great. Sounds like there is some wiggle room right now.

Both concessions were as a result of offering to pay a year’s rent upfront - which suited me anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/11/2022 at 21:09, davidge said:

Both concessions were as a result of offering to pay a year’s rent upfront - which suited me anyway.

Excellent negotiating move on your part 👍

• 2 months later...
On 16/11/2022 at 12:54, davidge said:

Was that in Axis Building A? 

50 minutes ago, Laid Back Larry said:

Was that in Axis Building A? 

No it wasn’t (though I’m not saying where it was).

A friend is in the Axis. He did own but sold up and is now renting. He’s got a very good long term deal - about 9k a month I think - but that might be because they know him.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for condo or room walking distance to Jomtien Beach for 2 months june 1 under 10k

Ta jon

On 17/03/2023 at 10:57, ronboy said:

Looking for condo or room walking distance to Jomtien Beach for 2 months june 1 under 10k

Ta jon

There is one on AirBnB showing at £477 total for 2 months. I assume you mean under 10k baht A MONTH? It’s a small studio and is a bit odd as they’ve put 2 double beds in so there’s nothing to really sit on. Looking at the pictures, I’m pretty sure it’s Jomtien Beach Condos in one of the ‘S’ buildings so very close to the beach - though the map shows it on Dongtan.

I don’t know agents for condos in that price range that I can recommend for you to book online, but a number of buildings are likely to have rentals at under 10k a month, even short term, if you look when you get there.

Jomtien Beach Condos, VT1, maybe VT2 a few of the newer ones inland of Second Road etc.

Another option is to joint one of the Pattaya Property groups on Facebook and post your requirements. It’s low season so there’ll be plenty of options.

There are serviced apartments called Life is Goood (not a typo) on Second Road next to Jomtien Beach Condos that have monthly rates starting from 8k for a small room. I don’t know what they’re like but cross the road, walk through Jomtien Beach Condos (no security check for pedestrians) and you’re on Beach Road.

I’ll have a think.

• Like 2

On 16/11/2022 at 18:54, davidge said:

A very belated congrats on my part. I have not been following the thread closely, but am pleased to see that your hard work paid off for you.

2 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

A very belated congrats on my part. I have not been following the thread closely, but am pleased to see that your hard work paid off for you.

Thanks. As with most things in life, balancing out the ideal with the practical is something you have to do. The condo is not absolutely perfect but it suits me for now. I’ll be back for while from late May so I’ll see how low season compares. Unless something changes, I’ll be pushing the agent for a good deal for a second year. The owners have dealt quickly with one or two issues that arose during my last stay.

Longer term my priorities might change and I can look for something else.

10 hours ago, davidge said:

Thanks. As with most things in life, balancing out the ideal with the practical is something you have to do. The condo is not absolutely perfect but it suits me for now. I’ll be back for while from late May so I’ll see how low season compares. Unless something changes, I’ll be pushing the agent for a good deal for a second year. The owners have dealt quickly with one or two issues that arose during my last stay.

If i understoo correctly, you dont stay in Pattaya (or Jomtien) all year, but you choose renting for that long. Am i wrong?

If i am right: I have been thinking about doing the same (my plan is to stay 7 months here and 5 back home), but, so far, i always come to the conclusion that i better not and, instead, rent for only the time i will be here.

So, if you did that, would you please share your reasons? Maybe there are some i have not thought about....

3 hours ago, filipef said:

If i understoo correctly, you dont stay in Pattaya (or Jomtien) all year, but you choose renting for that long. Am i wrong?

If i am right: I have been thinking about doing the same (my plan is to stay 7 months here and 5 back home), but, so far, i always come to the conclusion that i better not and, instead, rent for only the time i will be here.

So, if you did that, would you please share your reasons? Maybe there are some i have not thought about....

I’ve got a thread in By the Fireside outlining what I’m doing and why.

Yes, if things go as expected, I plan to spend each winter in Thailand from now on - probably just over 5 months. I decided I’d rather find a condo I was happy with, rent permanently and set it up as I wanted. I can then leave everything in the condo and it’s ready each time I come.

I’ve rented short term for several years, usually for a month at a time, so know that market pretty well. Yes, it would have been possible but I’d rather have more things in my condo for a 5 month stay and I’m not looking around each time for something suitable. 

I am very clear as to the location I want so that reduces the options for short term rent. I’d probably have ended up in Jomtien Complex Condo, VT2 or VT7 as they’re a bit easier to rent short term. I’d have been paying probably 18-20k a month and then paying for storage in between so in the end the financial saving wouldn’t have been huge. Including deposit, I’m now paying 175500 baht for a year. If, say, I was to rent for each stay in Jomtien Complex and rent storage for the rest of the year, then it would be about 125000 baht in all probability.

I’ll rent a year at a time and if my priorities change then I can look for an alternative at my leisure should I decide to try a different condo.

21 hours ago, davidge said:

As you probably already know, Pattaya is very crowded right now. Pent up travel demand due to Covid IMO. This combined with the ongoing heavy construction has made traffic pretty miserable. I do not use them, but I am sure that Baht Bus times into Pattaya from Jomtien are affected. Most Every baht bus that I see is quite full. Hopefully, this will improve after Songkran.

I think I already told you that the TGF T-fiancee and I bought a house out near Nong Nooch. Been quite busy getting settled in.

4 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

As you probably already know, Pattaya is very crowded right now. Pent up travel demand due to Covid IMO. This combined with the ongoing heavy construction has made traffic pretty miserable. I do not use them, but I am sure that Baht Bus times into Pattaya from Jomtien are affected. Most Every baht bus that I see is quite full. Hopefully, this will improve after Songkran.

I think I already told you that the TGF T-fiancee and I bought a house out near Nong Nooch. Been quite busy getting settled in.

Hope things are going well with the move to the boonies :)

The baht buses were very busy all the time I was there, and the construction just goes on and on.

I hardly used a baht bus but used a lot of Bolt. If that continues to be my pattern then being located right on a baht bus route isn’t as essential - though it’s still good being within easy walking distance of supermarket, restaurants, bars etc. I’ll see how things are when I’m (hopefully) there from late May. I’d expect things to be a bit quieter, though the post-Covid surge might continue until this time next year.

On 22/03/2023 at 23:01, davidge said:

Hope things are going well with the move to the boonies :)

The baht buses were very busy all the time I was there, and the construction just goes on and on.

I hardly used a baht bus but used a lot of Bolt. If that continues to be my pattern then being located right on a baht bus route isn’t as essential - though it’s still good being within easy walking distance of supermarket, restaurants, bars etc. I’ll see how things are when I’m (hopefully) there from late May. I’d expect things to be a bit quieter, though the post-Covid surge might continue until this time next year.

If you get here in the May-June time frame, give me a yell. We can have you out to the house for an afternoon cookout. We get into your area from time to time, or a Bolt ride to our place is about 200 from Jomtien. We are a little under 30 minutes mainly South from VT2A.