Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

World Snooker Championship 2022

jocky king

putting my money down now at this stage

Yan v ronnie final

Ronnie to shade it, just

image.png.1891aa6ace502cfb6a3d27edf38dad2a.png

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Mark Williams ,  pure brilliance to close out Yan Bingtao  13 - 11

If he keeps playing like this , he could win his fourth world title at 47 

Completely unfazed by anything  

Edited by mikeyboy
spell
  • Like 2

Class of 92 ( Higgins & Ronnie Williams ) are in the semi final . All of em are over 45 . There’s a hope for all of us 555 … Feeling sorry for Jack , played so well in this championship. 

• Like 2

Hi gang.....

I just started a WC thread, but @Thomaz73 has kindly pointed this one out...doh!

I'll pop back with some comments.....I love me snooker...! ❤ 👍🙂

• Like 3

David

My Thailand Adventure (Trip Report - kinda...)
https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/129298-my-thailand-adventure/

Did anyone catch the little remark from whatshisname to the legend that is John Virgo about calm down, it's only a semi final....... bollocks!! I love Virgos excitement!!! Lol....🤣🤣😉😉💓

David

Well, well, RoS pulls it back. He is a legend, no doubt, but I've never particularly liked the guy. He's much better now, but there was a time his sportsmanship was just dreadful. At the risk of sounding like an old fuddy-duddy, one of the things I've always loved about snooker is the really high level of sportsmanship it displays. And let's face it, in the past RoS has behaved like a right tosspot.  (I'm gonna get so much grief from you guys!!!.... lol...)

But, you know he is a fucking incredible player!!!

Trump is my man, followed by the lovely little sweetie Jack Lesowski. But that's Jack's problem - too nice. He needs to develop that killer instinct - he can be so frustrating at times, I just think does this guy actually want to win or not?? Lol....

Edited by david1806
  • Like 2

David

42 minutes ago, david1806 said:

Well, well, RoS pulls it back. He is a legend, no doubt, but I've never particularly liked the guy. He's much better now, but there was a time his sportsmanship was just dreadful. At the risk of sounding like an old fuddy-duddy, one of the things I've always loved about snooker is the really high level of sportsmanship it displays. And let's face it, in the past RoS has behaved like a right tosspot.  (I'm gonna get so much grief from you guys!!!.... lol...)

But, you know he is a fucking incredible player!!!

Trump is my man, followed by the lovely little sweetie Jack Lesowski. But that's Jack's problem - too nice. He needs to develop that killer instinct - he can be so frustrating at times, I just think does this guy actually want to win or not?? Lol....

Trump played shit all season , said he lost interest in snooker then out of the blue , played brilliantly after 8-5 down to Bingham , I think it clicks at the right time for trump . Play like he did , he will be champions . Big surprise to see Williams missing few long pot , he was brilliant the last three rounds .. funny old game , naturally, every sportsmen always has a bad session . Maybe he will be back tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, jocky king said:

said he lost interest in snooker

Wow, I never knew that jocky...did he mean permanently I wonder? But he is on fire at the moment, and an on-fire Trump is very dangerous. Hoping for a RoS versus Trump final..... 👍🙂

David

4 hours ago, david1806 said:

And let's face it, in the past RoS has behaved like a right tosspot

Couldn't agree more. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I actually stayed in last night to watch the snooker, with a cupa tea and a few McVities Digestive biscuits, instead of joining a group of friends for some hands on action at the Windmill.

Maybe I should reassess how much I love snooker. :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Syco said:

I actually stayed in last night to watch the snooker, with a cupa tea and a few McVities Digestive biscuits, instead of joining a group of friends for some hands on action at the Windmill.

Maybe I should reassess how much I love snooker. :wacko:

As long as you concentrate on the pink and brown you'll be OK. 

• Haha 3

Williams back to normal self this morning but the problem is Trump is getting better . 4-4 today ,( 11-5 ) a mountain to climb for tonight . Probably trump will win with a session to spare . Wonder if the crowd at that session( tmw 14.30)  get their money back . ? Looking forward to Ronnie Vs Higgins soon . Could go all the way to the fourth session . Higgins wasn’t 100% last night , only had   Less than 60 break .  

Absolutely insane snooker from Ronnie to finish that session.  Pure brilliance. 

Brilliant fight back from Mark Williams against Judd Trump , from 7-1 down to 13-11 .. won 12 frames to Judd 6 .  Ronnie had a great session as well , at 16 th frame , Higgins threw away that frame , when Ronnie did the impossible clearance and a respotted black .. to go 10-6 instead of 9-7 . Ronnie and Mark will sleep easy tonight ..  More drama to come tomorrow.. I’m working tmw , f*** f*** . 

On 28/04/2022 at 22:26, david1806 said:

Well, well, RoS pulls it back. He is a legend, no doubt, but I've never particularly liked the guy

Ive met him a few times over the years and he isnt a bad bloke, always polite and well mannered. I honestly believe that apart from the well reported family problems in his youth, being called a genius for the last 35 years must of confused the fuck out of him. He isnt that intelligent and certainly not a genius. He is however the greatest player to ever pick up a cue.

2 hours ago, richm said:

he isnt a bad bloke, always polite and well mannered

Hi richm.... yeah, I'm sure he's a decent enough fella. The issue I've had with him in the past is his utter lack of sportsmanship. Some of his behaviour at the table has just been awful. As I think I've said, one of the beauties of snooker is the high level of etiquette shown by the players.  Can you imagine any other game in which players, on a regular basis, own up to their own foul play?  Just imagine some footballer - "oh no ref, that ball I just hit didn't go over the line, it wasn't a goal....!"....😆  Although I'm not saying RoS wouldn't do that, just other behaviour that used to wind me up a bit. 

Someone mentioned Peter Ebdon in an earlier post, and if we remembered him. I certainly do. He would take so long taking his shot. Here's a classic Ronnie moment:

https://youtu.be/vTdPPiItGOQ

He did kinda have a point.....! LOL...... Funnily enough, Ebdon is actually coaching Trump now. 

This year the BBC have been showing these really interesting inserts between games about how different players take their shots. For example, they were showing how Trump completely breaks all the rules in the way he moves his cue taking a shot.  The rule is you are supposed to keep the cute dead straight when hitting the ball, but Trump goes in at an angle, and at precisely the moment he strikes the white ball, straightens the cue, then comes out of the shot with his cue at another angle - mad! Totally breaking a rule that previously was set in stone. Trump breaks a lot of rules - he's taken the game to another level.... that is why they say its a "Trump naughty shot". I love all this shit.... sorry if I'm droning on a bit!! Lol......

So, did we see the games tonight?  Talking of our man Trump - went into the session 7-1 up against Williams and now he's only 13-11 up!! I mean, wow. I reckon Trump will be getting worried now. And the other game, that could still go any way, you can never write Higgins off.

I was going to predict the final players, but I can't, I don't have a clue. I know what I would like to see - Trump versus O'Sullivan - but who knows the way things are going? 

Right, I'll shut up, gone on way too long....apologies for that! 

Cheers all.... till tomorrow that is!  👍🙂

• Like 2

David

I found this interesting... I've always wondered what was meant by 'match play'....

https://www.snookershorts.com/shorts/what-exactly-is-match-play-in-snooker#:~:text=The term 'match play' doesn,chances of winning a match.

👍🙂

David

16 hours ago, jocky king said:

Williams back to normal self this morning but the problem is Trump is getting better . 4-4 today ,( 11-5 ) a mountain to climb for tonight . Probably trump will win with a session to spare . Wonder if the crowd at that session( tmw 14.30)  get their money back . ? Looking forward to Ronnie Vs Higgins soon . Could go all the way to the fourth session . Higgins wasn’t 100% last night , only had   Less than 60 break .  

Bit closer now at 13-11 what a comeback by Williams. Poor Trump is playing him and the crowd now

1 hour ago, Somchai1 said:

Bit closer now at 13-11 what a comeback by Williams. Poor Trump is playing him and the crowd now

I think William will win , he had his bad session already … John Higgins only made 58 highest break , he must find his form fast this morning.. 

• Like 2

True sportsmanship from Williams to declare a foul on a push shot with the Yellow that the ref never spotted, Williams really had the bit between his teeth in that session and was potting some incredible long balls to create frame winning opportunity's leaving Trump in his seat looking bewildered and so he should, lost the session 6-2 and he made 2 century breaks.

Should be interesting today when they resume for the conclusion of the match.    

• Like 3

6 hours ago, david1806 said:

The issue I've had with him in the past is his utter lack of sportsmanship. Some of his behaviour at the table has just been awful. As I think I've said, one of the beauties of snooker is the high level of etiquette shown by the players.

Im  not condoning his bad behaviour but as i said, i think he was a confused young man. Add to that and a certain amount of drugs which confused him even more. In my opinion snooker honesty should be held in higher regard than snooker etiquette. Unfortunately this year, two out of the last four have suspect pasts.

• Like 2

SCORE SPOILER ALERT!!!!

It's official - I am a complete twonk. So I get home from a bit of shopping, put on BBC iPlayer, and go to the Trump-Williams game.  As normal, it asks me do I want to watch from the beginning or live. Normally, I hit 'from beginning', but for some reason that I will never know, I hit the 'watch live' button..... and the score? 

16-16......FUUUUUUCK! I knew right away I had missed a classic match.... Murphy who was commentating said best match he'd ever seen since he was 9. Of course, I could watch it later, but it's not the same when you know the score. I was even in the pub earlier and the snooker was on the TV, but I avoided watching it... and there are there blokes actually cheering while watching it!

So yes, it's official - I am a fucking idiot!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

PS..... nothing will ever beat the black ball Davis/Taylor final..... EVER! 

• Like 2

David

AWESOME!!!! Exactly what I wished for - a Trump/O'Sullivan final..... perfect result! 

So chaps, who do you want to win, and who do you think will win? Personally, I want Trump to win. As for who I think will win - I honestly don't have a clue. Either one of them playing on form are capable of winning, which is what makes it such an exciting prospect....we could be in for a real stonker of a match over the next two days. The mental fortitude a player needs to keep his concentration for SEVENTEEN days is unbelievable. I have played pool in silly little pub leagues, and honestly, even that I found hard to keep focused, and obviously that is nothing compared to what these players need to do.....absolutely nothing. 

All it takes is a cough from a spectator to totally put them off a shot. Talking of which - I can't believe people still don't put their friggin' phones on silent. They are reminded before a game, so how stupid have you got to be? It happens all the time. They should boot them out if their phone rings - trust me, they would soon stop! Lol.....😆

I got my hair cut yesterday, and my hairdresser had just got back from two days in Sheffield - he had some great photos, I was suitably jealous. I liked my haircut though....😉😉😉👍

• Like 2

David

Ronnie O. Sullivan Vs Judd Trump ….. I looked at their history , the beat each other in matches , could be close tomorrow , Good thing is both of em doesn’t care about the prize money as they are both are millionaires , should be a great match , I’m going to miss the first session tomorrow , bollocks . Will watch second ,third and final session . Really looking forward to it ,  Will Ronnie equal the great Stephen Hendry record of 7 world championship or Judd Trump for his second crown … 

• Like 3