IGNORED

World Snooker Championship 2022

jocky king

World Snooker Championship 2022  Starting today . 

I fancy Neil Robertson to win this year , a bookie favourite at 7/2 .  He played a perfect snooker recently , I can see he will carry that form to this championship.  
Ronnie O Sullivan had a scare losing 3-0 to David Gilbert but he came back to lead 6-3 til tomorrow at 14.30 .. 

• Like 2

When you look into their private lives, depression for Selby, bankruptcy with Allen, and separation for Sullivan; must complicate playing at your best! Contrast that with Robertson, whose recent marriage seems to have put him in a good place on and off the table! It will be interesting to see how off-table issues impact how they all play.

• Like 3

Daryle

3 hours ago, Daryle said:

When you look into their private lives, depression for Selby, bankruptcy with Allen, and separation for Sullivan; must complicate playing at your best! Contrast that with Robertson, whose recent marriage seems to have put him in a good place on and off the table! It will be interesting to see how off-table issues impact how they all play.

Seems O Sullivan playing better snooker ever since he split from his wife .. Maybe the release of his shackled had given him more freedom to practice more time and play better . Like most of us going to Pattaya . 555

Looking forward to it over the next two weeks, caught a bit of the Selby game yesterday. He was probably lucky he got a favourable 1st round draw otherwise he’d have gone out I think. He didn’t play well. Cant see him winning it and at 11/2 is poor value. Shame about his mental issues, I still don't like him though.

Neil Robertson very short-priced at 3/1 now, is looking good coming into the tournament but has a habit of losing a bit of form in Sheffield. He should still make it to the business end of the fortnight.

There doesn’t look to be a ‘weaker’ half of the draw this year but Trump 5/1 looks like he’s got a fairly soft route to the Q/F’s and it could be a Higgins 14/1/Robertson Q/F in their routes.

Ronnie 5/1 could have a tough 2nd round game against Mark Allen 33/1 if they both get through. Allen probably could do with a good run in this for financial reasons! I quite like him and his style of play even though he’s from the North and a shade of 🍊

You cant really see past the top 5 or 6 in the betting to win it really with the Chinese contingent headed by Zhao Xintong 16/1 and the two Thai players with tough games at 150/1 and 200/1 respectively.

Mark Williams could creep through unnoticed into the Q/F’s in his side of the draw and at 25/1 might offer a bit of each way value.

Who’s your money on JK other than Robertson?

Edited by Somchai1

10 minutes ago, Somchai1 said:

Looking forward to it over the next two weeks, caught a bit of the Selby game yesterday. He was probably lucky he got a favourable 1st round draw otherwise he’d have gone out I think. He didn’t play well. Cant see him winning it and at 11/2 is poor value. Shame about his mental issues, I still don't like him though.

Neil Robertson very short-priced at 3/1 now, is looking good coming into the tournament but has a habit of losing a bit of form in Sheffield. He should still make it to the business end of the fortnight.

There doesn’t look to be a ‘weaker’ half of the draw this year but Trump 5/1 looks like he’s got a fairly soft route to the Q/F’s and it could be a Higgins 14/1/Robertson Q/F in their routes.

Ronnie 5/1 could have a tough 2nd round game against Mark Allen 33/1 if they both get through. Allen probably could do with a good run in this for financial reasons! I quite like him and his style of play even though he’s from the North and a shade of 🍊

You cant really see past the top 5 or 6 in the betting to win it really with the Chinese contingent headed by Zhao Xintong 16/1 and the two Thai players with tough games at 150/1 and 200/1 respectively.

Mark Williams could creep through unnoticed into the Q/F’s in his side of the draw and at 25/1 might offer a bit of each way value.

Who’s your money on JK other than Robertson?

Brilliant comment … can’t agree more .. I saw Selby missed few very easy pots . Not a good sign for him . 14/1 for Robertson vs Higgins ?? Good bet !! .. Anyway , I have a feeling Kyren will do well , a dark horse . Allen a good chance to beat O Sullivan but he have to beat Ben Woollaston , he had been playing well recently , I like him and his lovely wife who is a ref at snooker , Tatiania . Saw Maguire last night a bit , played well .. Really looking forward to two weeks of couch potato TV snooker of 12 hours daily except if Saturday & Sunday working .  

3 minutes ago, jocky king said:

14/1 for Robertson vs Higgins

Sorry JK my bad ….the 14/1 is for Higgins outright winning the tournament! Your right, that would be a great bet for that Q/F pairing…… me too, I’ll be spending loads of couch time (when not working) watching the green baize the next fortnight 😊 

In the UK, Eurosport Channel are showing the games simultaneously with BBC and also would seem to have more extensive coverage for the evening sessions which I’m guessing the BBC wont have till the later part of the tournament. This was the case with the Masters in January. Which is a bummer if your a snooker fan and don't have Eurosport. The BBC looks like it only has a highlights programme late at night at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Somchai1 said:

Sorry JK my bad ….the 14/1 is for Higgins outright winning the tournament! Your right, that would be a great bet for that Q/F pairing…… me too, I’ll be spending loads of couch time (when not working) watching the green baize the next fortnight 😊 

In the UK, Eurosport Channel are showing the games simultaneously with BBC and also would seem to have more extensive coverage for the evening sessions which I’m guessing the BBC wont have till the later part of the tournament. This was the case with the Masters in January. Which is a bummer if your a snooker fan and don't have Eurosport. The BBC looks like it only has a highlights programme late at night at the moment.

You have a red button on bbc ? All live there . From 10 am onward . 

Always enjoy watching the Worlds , and as ever hard to pick a winner as if any player is not at his best for a session its curtains .   7/2 or 3/1 for Robertson is just no value although he is playing better than anyone at the moment .  

Kyren Wilson has the game to go all the way , but seems to stumble at the later stages  , and nobody will want to play Mark Selby . 

I will go for Judd Trump this time round , 

Mikeyboy

• Like 2

Yeh no problem for me at home …. Just when I’m at my mother’s! Yeh forgot about the red button option! Thx 🙏 

13 minutes ago, mikeyboy said:

will go for Judd Trump this time round

Yeh Trump could benefit from a favorable route to the Q/F’s where he could meet Kyren Wilson. 5/1 not a bad price for Trump outright. Selby for me isn’t quite there at the moment and lots of other players look sharper, but he certainly has the heritage and A game if he can bring it.

I always want the Rocket to win it as he is just the best most gifted player, that’s just a personal choice. He does seem to have become more self-indulgent over the last few years and you do wonder what the other players think of him,privately, especially the younger ones. 

The Iranian Hossein Vafaei had a pop at him in the media last week, saying he should retire and he’s always ‘moaning’ about the tournaments and the conditions. Ronnie does seem to be a potential Therapy patient like Selby in bad times and seems to be constantly fixated with his cue tip.

The new slim-line Higgins has the game to win the longer frame tournaments and at 14/1 should give you a run for your money.

• Like 2

Maguire & Murphy ( 7-8 ) a very scrappy game but I like it . Boring to watch centuries after centuries . I prefer safety, snookered , tactics . Great to watch . 

• Like 2

I'm not familiar with any of the above mentioned players, the only names I'm familiar with are Minnesota Fats and Fast Eddie Felson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jackson Page ( Qualifier ) impressed me  . A good friend and a practice partner of Mark Williams . Won against  a nicest gentleman & pro  Barry Hawskin . Mark spoke about him last week at qualifiers , he is a dark horse for this championship.  Maguire struggled into the second rd after losing 5 of six frames to Murphy . One frame lasted like an hour . I’m bit sad for Shaun Murphy , a gentleman and a great player … 

6 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

I'm not familiar with any of the above mentioned players, the only names I'm familiar with are Minnesota Fats and Fast Eddie Felson.

Do you remember " Fast Peter Ebdon "    a cure for all insomniacs ...

Mark Williams was a machine yesterday , cue ball control immaculate . 

Mikeyboy

Edited by mikeyboy
add
  • Like 2

Ive always hated on Murphy, but after last night where he refused to take a free ball i thought that was really great sportsmanship, and he went right up in my estimation.

That should really end the ‘feud’ they have between them. As you said , while very few big breaks its was a better watch, due to the drama ,flukes and missed pots.

I like Maguire as he is attacking and wants to get on with it but his recklessness may well be his downfall as the tournament progresses, Didn’t see the Jackson Page game but its good there’s a qualifier in the mix

19 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Do you remember " Fast Peter Ebdon "    a cure for all insomniacs ...

Never heard of him.  The Hustler came out in the early 60's and in the early  80's they did a follow up with Fast Eddie (Paul Newman) and Tom Cruise called the Color of Money.  Good movie and Newman won as Oscar for Best Actor.

3 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

Never heard of him.  The Hustler came out in the early 60's and in the early  80's they did a follow up with Fast Eddie (Paul Newman) and Tom Cruise called the Color of Money.  Good movie and Newman won as Oscar for Best Actor.

Yes , watched both of those movies , i'm a big Newman fan and one of his best roles .

Peter Ebdon was a notoriously slow and boring player , who thankfully has now retired !

Mikeyboy

5 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Yes , watched both of those movies , i'm a big Newman fan and one of his best roles .

Peter Ebdon was a notoriously slow and boring player , who thankfully has now retired !

Mikeyboy

Remember Peter vs Ronnie at World Championship , he drove Ronnie mad with every shot more than 3/4/5 mins . I think he rules of 2 mins max a shot came in after that . 

No shock in the championship yet , most seeded players go through to second rd . Allen vs Rocket  the one to watch after their last match incident , accused Allen of moving on his eye for a shot . Ref had to step in to stop the escalated row , wonder will Allen do it again . 

looking forward to watching zhao xintong  again

could be the 1 to take over for the class of 92  imo

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Only 9 years age difference between these two. But it looks like a grandfather playing his grandson. (Higgins)

8 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

He was also one of my favorite actors, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Butch Cassidy, The Sting, and Cool Hand Luke to name a few.

3 hours ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Only 9 years age difference between these two. But it looks like a grandfather playing his grandson. (Higgins)

I think John Higgins was born old ...  

18 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

I think John Higgins was born old ...  

..... and the Old Fella goes through..!

Luca Brecel  2nd frame black   WTF are you doing man ??    Never seen a pro miss a ball that easy 

Mikeyboy

Ding nerves got the better of him , should have won the match . That’s snooker for you . My brother can’t watch Kyren playing , saying his face impressions put him off .. 555 . Thai player Un Nooh  , great player but made silly choices cost him few frames loss to Higgins , a very talent player , I think he need a new coach . Other Thai player ( Saengkham ) doing well against Brecil 6-3 finishing tmw .